As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Official "I have extra hotel space available" Thread

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
This is obviously very early, but I wanted to make sure this thread was up and running to give people the option.

If you have room AVAILABLE for people to share, please post in the following format.

Hotel/Venue:
Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Spots available:
Notes:
My Gender:
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:
Cost:

For example:

Hotel/Venue: Sheraton
Date Arriving: 8/23
Date Leaving: 8/27
Spots available: 1
My Gender: Dude
Your Gender: Dude plz
Notes: I have a King bed. You can sleep on the floor.
Best Contact Method: PM or Email
Cost: We split the costs, 50/50.

If your space has been filled, please edit your thread to reflect this. Please keep this thread limited to these posts.

Thanks!

Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hotel/Venue:Crowne Plaza
    Date Arriving:8/24
    Date Leaving:8/27
    Spots available:0
    Spots Filled:5
    Notes:non-smoking
    My Gender:Male
    Your Gender:human
    Best Contact Method:pm
    Cost:$111.75 (this is $149 a night split four ways)

TomExMachina on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    You know, I hate to question the Khoo's Great Plan, but wouldn't this and the other room-share thread work a little better if they were the same thread?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I agree.

TomExMachina on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    nah, i think we could keep it more on track if they're separate. speaking of which, this thread should probably stay on track :P

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • JBob08JBob08 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hotel/Venue: Crown
    Spots available: 0*
    Notes: We aren't entirely sure how many of us there will be just yet.
    My Gender: All Male (suprise)
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: PM or e-mail
    Cost: $137 Thats 4 nights split 5 ways.

JBob08 on
  • DeiruDeiru Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hotel/Venue: Crowne
    Spots available: 3
    My Gender: Male
    Notes:
    Cost: Split 4 ways. About $150 per person (+ tax).

Deiru on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Deiru wrote: »
    Hotel/Venue: Crowne
    Spots available: 3
    My Gender: Male
    Notes:
    Cost: Split 4 ways. About $150 per person (+ tax).

hey, i thought you were gonna crash with me?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • DeiruDeiru Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

Are you sure it's cool? It would definitely save me some money. I think I'll cancel the room then... I haven't heard from anyone looking for space yet.

Also, can you send me your email address again?

Deiru on
    edited April 2007
    Deiru wrote: »

Are you sure it's cool? It would definitely save me some money. I think I'll cancel the room then... I haven't heard from anyone looking for space yet.

Also, can you send me your email address again?

yeah, it's np. and i actually just sent you an email without even seeing this message yet!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited April 2007
    Okay peoples, here it is, Space at Sealab. We have a few slots open, here's the vitals:
    Hotel/Venue: Crowne Plaza (we have reserved a suite instead of a regular double room, which means we have one king sized bed and one pull out sofa bed, we're willing to swap off per night, but as you'll see below it's a moot point for much of the weekend, most sleep occurs on Thursday and Sunday nights, or in random passed out intervals)
    Date Arriving: Thursday 8/23
    Date Leaving: Monday 8/27
    Spots available: 0
    Us: Male
    You: Any (21+ please)
    Best Contact Method: E-mail, moe.fwacky at gmail.com
    Cost: $185/person for all 4 nights
    Notes: Okay people, this is the infamous Sealab room. For those of you not in the know, here's what it means to stay at Sealab. First, Sealab is host to some major partying over the weekend which some people aren't always okay with. This means that sleep will be at a minimum as we will be hosting a party on both friday and saturday nights with the potentiality of some Sunday evening partying (although not nearly at the scale or to as late a time as the previous two nights). However, if you'd like to be party to the madness, go ahead and shoot me an e-mail at moe.fwacky at gmail.com and we'll get you confirmed for a room at Sealab.

All full up, thank you very much.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2007
    how bout i just show up each night, party, drink the sealab booze, pass out there, leave in the morning, and save my $185/night? :lol: really though, sounds like a great place to crash, if i needed a room, that would definitely be my #1 choice.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    how bout i just show up each night, party, drink the sealab booze, pass out there, leave in the morning, and save my $185/night? :lol: really though, sounds like a great place to crash, if i needed a room, that would definitely be my #1 choice.

Shhhhh your not suppose to give away the secrets in a place where the Moe might read.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Message sent ^.^ I love staying in party rooms (yay getting to meet everyone!) and it's cheaper than trying to get our own.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bambooza wrote: »

Shhhhh your not suppose to give away the secrets in a place where the Moe might read.

At the end of the party Moe won't remember this anyway.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2007
    Message sent ^.^ I love staying in party rooms (yay getting to meet everyone!) and it's cheaper than trying to get our own.

except for the part where you wake up the next morning and oddly your private areas are very sore and your belly is bulging a bit?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That happened to me at the Sealab party last year. :(

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
    edited April 2007
    Quit spreading your villainous lies

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2007
    Thats why I wear the newest in chastity belt technology.. the Bladed Castrationator 3000!

BrokenAngel on
    edited April 2007
    chastityBelt.jpg? this is an actual historical item, btw.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    edited April 2007
    I so have a corset that would go perfectly with that! :D

BrokenAngel on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Moe:

I may make an appearance at sealab this year...
    *Sends an army of BYOC enforcers to crash said party*
    muhaha

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited April 2007
    A bunch of sweaty, exhausted, just off-work enforcers? Bring it on! Also, bring booze :D

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2007
    what about bawls?

Yanno... to mix with booze :P

BigRed on
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, that too.

edit: perhaps the time has come to create the Party at Sealab Party thread? Stay tuned...

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2007
    Oh no.... The Bawls jokes have started again already >.<

BrokenAngel on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    What, there's nothing I'd like more than to suck on a blue knobbly one, any chance I get.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
    edited April 2007
    Oh no.... The Bawls jokes have started again already >.<

This thread has now become awesome.

BigRed on
    edited April 2007
    It's the PAX forum, we are ALWAYS awesome.

BrokenAngel on
  • 4M3THYST4M3THYST Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay, this is our first year at pax (me, the BF, BF's roommate) and we had no idea how early you have to make these reservations! Now I'm freaking out because I spent 1/2 the day on Monday trying to track down a place near the convention center... and every hotel was full... not just the ones listed on the PAX site... *mild panic* Does anyone have extra space left???? We'll sleep on the floor if we have to!!! Not really looking for a giant party suite either. Just a room... HELP! *gulp* We'll know better next year. :(

4M3THYST on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    Did you actually phone the hotels? I thought I was too late a few weeks ago but got a room at the Sheradon by calling (the website said no dice) for 4 nights no probalo.

bombardier on
    edited April 2007
    I did call most of the places I was looking into, but after finding that they all seemed to be full I was getting a little down about it and stopped calling. So the last couple were just info I turned up online. The Sheraton was one that I did call... and they only had a room available for Saturday night. :( I guess I'm going to start calling them every day in hopes that somebody cancels... *le sigh*

4M3THYST on
    edited April 2007
    Hopefully Khoo can negotiate another hotel maybe? That is, if there are any left in Seattle that haven't been booked to hell already. I wonder what the pre-reg numbers are looking like now?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    4M3THYST wrote: »
    Okay, this is our first year at pax (me, the BF, BF's roommate) and we had no idea how early you have to make these reservations! Now I'm freaking out because I spent 1/2 the day on Monday trying to track down a place near the convention center... and every hotel was full... not just the ones listed on the PAX site... *mild panic* Does anyone have extra space left???? We'll sleep on the floor if we have to!!! Not really looking for a giant party suite either. Just a room... HELP! *gulp* We'll know better next year. :(
    Did you try the Renaissance? That's where I'm booked.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited April 2007

How long ago did you book? I can't honestly remember if I tried them??? After you call so many of them they kinda start to run together in your mind, you know? I'll double check my list in the morning, and look them up if I haven't. Thanks.

4M3THYST on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

How long ago did you book? I can't honestly remember if I tried them??? After you call so many of them they kinda start to run together in your mind, you know? I'll double check my list in the morning, and look them up if I haven't. Thanks.
    Well, I booked about two months ago through Travelocity ($1100 for room and airfare - I decided I deserved a vacation of my own.) Just something to note - the hotel itself can't book that far in advance, so you'll need to contact Mariott's central office (1-800-HOTELS-1, IIRC).

EDIT - I'd take a shot at the major booking websites (Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, etc.) - they may be able to get you a room.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited April 2007
    Hmm the hotels shouldn't be sold out yet. Let me check on my end to see what is going on with our room blocks. Thanks for the patience guys. :)

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Khoo just tell them they might as well surrender and give us every damn room they can spare.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2007
    I agree, It's not like anybody else is going to want to be in the hotel once they realize what's going on.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2007
    BOOKED AT THE SHERATON! What the hell. I must've had the village idiot on the line when I called earlier this week. I called a couple places again this morning, and they did have a room! *phew* I was really stressin' for a while there. I dunno why they would've told me they only had availability for one night when I called previously???? Khoo, maybe rather than checking to see if they're all booked up, you'll want to see why the hell they'd be pulling that sorta thing??? Not cool. :P

4M3THYST on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, that seems messed up. I will investigate anyway!

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
This discussion has been closed.