As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D&D meetup, NJ/NYC, 4/2 - 4/3

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    well then
    I guess we'll just have to um

iunno

eat regular food?

tapeslinger on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    well then
    I guess we'll just have to um

iunno

eat regular food?

Sure if you want to be that way. See if I care. Even though uh I probably can't come Friday anyway.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    so tape you're making dinner friday night? for serious? should i bring something?

now i feel bad thinking you might be cooking for a dozen geeks

Organichu on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    so tape you're making dinner friday night? for serious? should i bring something?

now i feel bad thinking you might be cooking for a dozen geeks

nah man
    bring hooch or something

I <3 cookin
    it's not gonna be anything fancy

tapeslinger on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so organ theres a booze shop right by the train in JC

we can grab hooch there

nexuscrawler on
    edited April 2010
    oh cool

hooch sounds like a proposition i could grow to fancy

Organichu on
    edited April 2010
    oh cool

hooch sounds like a proposition i could grow to fancy

we'll school ya in hooch

tapeslinger on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    wish i could make this

man

i don't think i can swing it

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited April 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    wish i could make this

man

i don't think i can swing it
    so organ theres a booze shop right by the train in JC

we can grab hooch there

Organichu on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kinda sad I'm missing on on the Friday thing. The last meetup I was at at Hakke's place was a blast. Beer and rock and and pizza and hiding the beer from her roommate's parents. Good times.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited April 2010
    i made a reservation for ten people

now listen if they put four chairs on either side and one at each end and one of you bails and makes me sit at an asymmetrical table... god, i will be unhappy

Organichu on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I always have to say I'm seeing friends, and then they ask and I say I met them outside of school somewhere but I can't say the Internet, I have to be vague and change topics

cuz you know

Internet

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited April 2010
    where are you going organichu

oh i am taking a weekend in new york, it ought to be fun

oh yeah who do you know there

these uh... these guys i met in glee club

Organichu on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    I always have to say I'm seeing friends, and then they ask and I say I met them outside of school somewhere but I can't say the Internet, I have to be vague and change topics

cuz you know

Internet

I'll say "internet friends"

i guess it's still kind of wierd, but becoming less so

kind of like how dating a girl from the internet was just a face-reddening admission 8 years ago and is now pretty much goes without comment.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited April 2010
    Yeah but will you're old i'm in college

olllld

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited April 2010
    I decided I can't make it Friday. Sorry, folks.

Saturday is definite, though.

Also, I was wondering where we might go for drinks Saturday. I know a ton of places but uh I was wondering if anyone who is sticking around for drinks might want to go to Dave & Busters? I haven't been there since the week it opened. It might be expensive though, I don't really know.

Drez on
    edited April 2010
    hey so

after lunch, elendil and i would like to go to MoMA

would anyone like to come with us?

it is $20, $12 with a student ID

it is on 53rd, between 5th and 6th aves

it is just a ride on the 6 train up from the restaurant, and then a few blocks walk (or a lazy man's transfer to the E train)

would anyone like to join us in this

y/no maggets

Organichu on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hey so

after lunch, elendil and i would like to go to MoMA

would anyone like to come with us?

it is $20, $12 with a student ID

it is on 53rd, between 5th and 6th aves

it is just a ride on the 6 train up from the restaurant, and then a few blocks walk (or a lazy man's transfer to the E train)

would anyone like to join us in this

y/no maggets

If you guys just want to hit up a museum and not specifically MoMA, you might want to go to the New Museum. It's the jeff Koons curation, and I hear it's pretty good. MoMA on a saturday, let alone over a holiday weekend, is more than likely going to be a madhouse.

edit* also, it's closer to klong.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited April 2010
    man, i totally haven't been to enough museums considering that most of them are free for me

though i dont have time likely to go with you guys

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Um, so I can probably go to that lunch thing because someone is now doing me a favor for work, but you already made a reservation.

And a museum would be neat because I didn't get to one the first time we met in NYC.

Sarksus on
    edited April 2010
    sarksus i will call and see if i can revise the reservation

Organichu on
    edited April 2010
    ok

the phone lady tried to play tough with me for a second but i reminded her that we kicked her ass in ww2 and we can do it again so the reservation is changed to 11 people

Organichu on
    edited April 2010
    I've been to MoMA enough times that I'm personally not interested in going there again but I'll make my decision on-site.

Drez on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't want to go to MoMA because last time it was packed and it will probably be packed again because everyone will come to see my exhibit.

Sarksus on
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    winky you'd better come on friday because i can't come on saturday and if i miss you i will murder you

MikeMan on
    edited April 2010
    Menu for Klong is here, if anyone wants to peruse it before Saturday:

http://www.klongnyc.com/sources/klong_menu.pdf

Drez on
    edited April 2010
    i will take the slanty eyed slurry

Organichu on
    edited April 2010

Can you update the OP with the name of the place, times, location, directions, the menu link, the weather, astrological predictions, and nude photos please? It would make things easier.

Drez on
    edited April 2010
    Drez wrote: »

Can you update the OP with the name of the place, times, location, directions, the menu link, the weather, astrological predictions, and nude photos please? It would make things easier.

done

Organichu on
    edited April 2010
    Drez wrote: »

done

hawt

Drez on
    edited April 2010
    Yeah but will you're old i'm in college

olllld

you'd think that this fact would make it weirder for me than it would for you though

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

now listen if they put four chairs on either side and one at each end and one of you bails and makes me sit at an asymmetrical table... god, i will be unhappy

This might be a good time for me to say....

Uh...

April Fool's.

Winky on
    edited April 2010
    so we just went grocery shopping

woo

also, winky, protip: April Fools' jokes are only good til noon
    April Fools jokes after noon make you the April fool...

tapeslinger on
    edited April 2010
    Winky wrote: »

This might be a good time for me to say....

Uh...

April Fool's.

seriously?

damn, dude

Organichu on
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Me and the ladyfriend don't have any plans for tommorrow so we might just drop in on Jersey City. Also thanks for letting me know about this, jerks.

P.S. where will we be hanging out? I only ask because some homeless guy said if I ever came back to the Heights he'd kill me and feed me to his dog.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    edited April 2010

cuz you know

Internet

kind of like how dating a girl from the internet was just a face-reddening admission 8 years ago and is now pretty much goes without comment.

I usually just say "friends from [wherever they're from]"
    for example when sarksus comes down from upstate, it's one of our friends from upstate, when nichu came in from philly last time it was our friend from philly, etc

it's normal enough here in new york to have friends from all over that virtually no one ever asks how you know someone from [x place]

tapeslinger on
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

cuz you know

Internet

for example when sarksus comes down from upstate, it's one of our friends from upstate, when nichu came in from philly last time it was our friend from philly, etc

it's normal enough here in new york to have friends from all over that virtually no one ever asks how you know someone from [x place]

The best was explaining to my parents that I'd be getting in a car with 4 internet strangers to go stay in DC for like a 3 day weekend back in 2004 when I was 19 or 20. Better still was dropping it on em the morning of the day I was supposed to leave.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just say internet friends. Pretty much all my other friends and family accept we're at a stage where meeting people in real life that you met online isn't that strange anymore.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited April 2010
    RedTide wrote: »

cuz you know

Internet

The best was explaining to my parents that I'd be getting in a car with 4 internet strangers to go stay in DC for like a 3 day weekend back in 2004 when I was 19 or 20. Better still was dropping it on em the morning of the day I was supposed to leave.

I did this in 2003 when a site I moderate had one of their first conventions, and my mum nearly flipped, but I reasoned with her on it.
    That wasn't my first internet-friend-met-in-reality though-- a few months before that, my cat had kittens and we were trying to give them away to everyone I knew, so I ended up giving one of them to a friend of mine who's also a mod there. She was a little freaked about that, but I told her, well, you do want to give it to a good home, right? He lived about an hour away, and I met up with him just in time to get caught in a freak snowstorm on the way home. Caught hell for that one, lol

Since then though it's been quite normal to me so I don't even bat an eyelash at it now.

tapeslinger on
    edited April 2010
    i don't know pete's address

so i can't help the people who are asking

this is tragic

Organichu on