As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW][Paladin] More seals than the Burlington Coat Factory.

1565758596062»

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    the taunt is the opener for levelling Ret.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aethos wrote: »
    Wish I had more experience with non-northrend dungeons though. I barely ran anything pre-BC and can't remember half the BC dungeons at all, so tanking is going to be rough for me. Heirloom chest, shoulders and weapon help though.

What's there to remember? Everything pre-BC was a tank-and-spank.

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The bosses weren't the difficulty, though. It was the absolutely horrid architecture and layouts.

Samphis on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    The bosses weren't the difficulty, though. It was the absolutely horrid architecture and layouts.
    This. In addition to just figuring out where to go, you've got having to know where patrols will be an issue, pulls that will fuck you without some CC or burning down a gimmick mob first, etc.

forty on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    Re: Professions

And if I don't have a miner already? The thought of leveling both JC and Blacksmithing off of AH-bought materials chills me to the bone and makes my Rogue's wallet weep.

you don't have to do blacksmithing, but JC really is wonderful, and especially so for paladins. Blacksmithing gives you extra slots for more gems, so they're the best professions for maxing out your stats for raiding. The three above epic level gems you get, plus the extra space for more gems really adds up.

I still have herb/jc, I am also dreading buying up the required shit to level it.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Another option is to take a profession that isn't as shitty to level as blacksmithing but that still offers decent stat bonuses -- alchemy being probably the best example. It's much cheaper/easier to level, and it's easy to make some simple daily profit from transmuting. You don't get as much versatility or usefulness out of the stat bonus, but it's still decent and not a huge loss vs. just +40 stat points of your choosing via blacksmithing. It's also much cheaper to get your stat bonus since you don't have to spend mats and get a new epic gem with every bracer/glove upgrade. For some specs (although none of the paladin ones, I'm guessing), the stat bonus from alchemy is pretty much what you'd be gemming for with blacksmithing anyway.

forty on
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I got my BE pally to 18 now. At 20 I plan to start farming dungeons and not do any more questing. Sadly it a fresh account so no heirloom gear.

Plan on leveling up Mining/Engineering, since I haven't had an engineer in too long.

MasterOfPupets on
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Samphis wrote: »
    I'm rolling with engineering and jewelcrafting. Engineering gives me 2-3 ranged attacks that compliment the rest of my arsenal in both Ret and Prot. Heck, I pull trash with bombs.

Macroing Rocket Punch and Exorcism together is fun times also.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    ImperiusVImperiusV Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am a hit capped retribution paladin with access to most of ICC10 and the first wing of ICC25. What are the best trinkets for me? Specifically, I am debating between Deathbringer's will, Whispering Fanged Skull, and Herkuml War Token (Though there may be something else I can't think of). I used to think that I should use DBW/HWT, but I'm afraid of what a waste DBW's armor penetration might be, considering most of my damage is holy.

What do you think?

ImperiusV on
  • Options
    mturalonmturalon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    DBW is worse than HWT and WFS

mturalon on
  • Options
    NambkabNambkab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    HWT + WFS is best if that's all you have available, but really you should just go sell your soul for a tiny abom + WFS. Abom is that good.

Edit: edited due to temporary insanity and thinking hwt had something other than haste

Nambkab on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Any decently geared ret paladins know how much of their damage the Manifest Anger proc (from tiny Abom) is doing on an average fight?

forty on
  • Options
    NambkabNambkab Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just the melee proc is about 3.5% of my damage output on average, but then you have to account that every Manifest Anger proc it fires off procs a seal, and with a 5 stack of corruption my seal proc hits harder than the actual manifest anger. So the trinket is accounting for at least 7% of my dps.

Nambkab on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Damn.

forty on
This discussion has been closed.