As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, the Name Game {Tourney Spreadsheet in OP}

• IgelIgel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    i died twice to golem as shaco once

once at level 1 and then i thought i could do it at level 4 with like 3 jack in the boxes cause i wanted to get back to the lane quick

i was wrong

it made me laugh

not so much my team

Honestly, it's not so bad a way to die from a certain standpoint.

I mean, 1: it's early and death timers are low, and 2: It's not like you're giving the other team experience and gold, which is the main reason to not die in the first place.

Igel on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I, a level 16 warwick, just got 1 on 1'd by a 14 warwick with far less gear.

HOW. seriously.

It wasn't even close mind you, he had more than 50% health when I died, and we both started at full.

Used every ability I had.

Jasconius on
  • bigwahbigwah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Too slow to smash face into keyboard? Its more likely than you think.

bigwah on
    LoL Tribunal:
    "Was cursing, in broken english at his team, and at our team. made fun of dead family members and mentioned he had sex with a dog."
    "Hope he dies tbh but a ban would do."
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Runes runes runes runes runes

Zen Vulgarity on
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ugh. Just faced Jax, Mundo, and Zilean on TT.
    Thankfully we outpushed them because we're more awesome. We didn't even have the most OP champs evar.

I have been feeding so much ever since TT came out and people have adjusted to it. I need to suck less as Warwick I guess.

My last build seemed to work out quite well:
    Bloodrazor + Mallet + 0/21/9 masteries.

I feel building Warwick as a tank isn't a horrible idea either.

4rch3nemy on
  • cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So there's a contest for tributes to Urf, and I made a video and a parody song and put it in the thread (name is infobrains)

I may have been a bit bored in class today and wrote the lyrics...

Rate up if you like it I suppose.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
    edited April 2010
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    Ugh. Just faced Jax, Mundo, and Zilean on TT.
    Thankfully we outpushed them because we're more awesome. We didn't even have the most OP champs evar.

I have been feeding so much ever since TT came out and people have adjusted to it. I need to suck less as Warwick I guess.

My last build seemed to work out quite well:
    Bloodrazor + Mallet + 0/21/9 masteries.

I feel building Warwick as a tank isn't a horrible idea either.

I haven't lost with Warwick yet since TT came out... and honestly I just do his recommended build but in different order.

Flash/Exhaust, start with boots and a potion.

Don't go back to base until you can afford Greaves and Lifesteal rod, then go in order up the tree.

Mallet is OK I guess but its very expensive and the already existing lizard buff + your E sort of removes the dire need for a slow like that.

Jasconius on
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arrath wrote: »
    Morde is hilarious fun and I love having a 2nd health bar. I'm working on refining an item build, vaguely visage/warmogs and going from there. Any tips?

I start with a regrowth pendant, then get visage and boots (for boots it depends on how much gold I have when I port back to base, if I can afford part of the visage and boots I go with that), either mercury or ninja tabi depending on the composition of the enemy team. After boots it depends on how the game is going, sometimes I like to get a leviathan since it's so easy to rack up stacks and then warmogs but if it's on twisted treeline I skip leviathan and go right for the warmogs.

After that I go for a force of nature because everything about it is excellent for Morde, and then from there I play it by ear, depending on how the enemy team has been doing. If a banshees veil will help out against their best players I get that, if they have a lot of physical DPS I get thornmail, but most of the time I get something all purpose: a guardian angel. And by that point you should be nigh unkillable as long as you spam your skills anyhow so a guardian angel just makes you even more annoying.

Slicer on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    christ I am awful at karthas

sorry about that guys, he's just so different from my normal playstyle

PiptheFair on
  • DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Repeat after me: "Cho'Gath is a stupid fucking idea on Twisted Treeline".

Now with feeling: "Warwick is a very very good idea on Twisted Treeline; especially if people are even mildly dumb".

Drijen on
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My favorite morde is still damage morde. Start with either a warmogs or force of nature depending on the other teams makeup, boots of mobility, then stack bloodthirsters. You're not as survivable as a pure tank build, but mace of spades turns into an awesome AOE nuke and you'll actually leech life much faster than pure tank morde regens it. Also since the vast majority of people play pure tank morde it always comes as nasty surprise to the other team when you start hitting almost as hard as pure physical carry while being 10x harder to kill =)

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • kabuki64kabuki64 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well jumped back on this game after I saw a some of the more recent changes, I'm liking the new Heimer with his turrets, but his other abilities just feel so weak now. Missiles are unreliable with creeps all over the place, especially in TT, and his grenade is still slow as ever.

I guess he should be fine as long as Riot realizes they forgot to reduce the mana cost of his abilities along with their cooldown.

kabuki64 on
    Poké FC: 0516 4736 9808
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    wow wtf spirit visage is so cheap.

Nisi on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    holy crap i love the new heimer

you have no idea how much people underestimate my turrets, i lay them everywhere and nade constantly and people just die while i kite them with stuns and blinds

one after another annie, mordekaiser, warwick then ryze walked out of their base to get me because i had about 50% health (annie and mordekaiser I had some help with from our ashe but the other two chased me right through all my level 5 turrets)

several teamfights i got double and triple kills with level 5 turrets because they were bursting other supposedly more dangerous people

P.S. i almost died to ryze after warwick tried to kill me because i was /taunting repeatedly and not paying attention

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just won a TT as Shaco with Pantheon and Warwick

I ended with 8/2/10 which wasn't bad

The Pantheon had 21/2/10 at the end

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited April 2010
    I've won the last 8 of 10 with Warwick on TT. He's got to be one of the top tier characters on this map. I want to hear the argument against it.

I've been partnering with my old WoW buddy who is playing Shaco... it's just nothing but pain. The last game we played we were teamed with a random Amumu, we had 2 total deaths the whole game, nearly aced the team before minion spawn.

Here's the best one though:
    20a3x3r.jpg

The blitz was actually better than his record, he nailed every claw.

And I got punk stunned by Veiger soooo many times. I could have had 16 kills easily.

Jasconius on
  • KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I've won the last 8 of 10 with Warwick on TT. He's got to be one of the top tier characters on this map. I want to hear the argument against it.

I've been partnering with my old WoW buddy who is playing Shaco... it's just nothing but pain. The last game we played we were teamed with a random Amumu, we had 2 total deaths the whole game, nearly aced the team before minion spawn.

Here's the best one though:
    20a3x3r.jpg

The blitz was actually better than his record, he nailed every claw.

And I got punk stunned by Veiger soooo many times. I could have had 16 kills easily.

Were you punk stunned thrice?

Keamien on
    edited April 2010
    Actually the stuns never killed me. I died twice at the end because TF decided he was just going to focus me dead while his face was smashed in by Shaco.

He was very unhappy with me because he tower dove with Destiny, killed my tower, I used my ult on him, he flashed away through a wall, but my ult still was doing damage to him, and he died in the fog of war.

I laughed. He did not.

Jasconius on
  • KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I love glorious things like that.

Also, none of you are making any sense with these rapist heroes for TT. I get shut down with every single one of them. But it can't be me, it must be my teammates...

whistles innocently

Keamien on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ugh Jax is the most broken piece of shit. Hate him so much.

Arrath on
    edited April 2010
    Keamien wrote: »
    I love glorious things like that.

Also, none of you are making any sense with these rapist heroes for TT. I get shut down with every single one of them. But it can't be me, it must be my teammates...

whistles innocently

It really doesn't matter if you pick the most pro character, TT is still a team map, and it's all about team fights. One person can basically ruin a match if they don't understand that you shouldn't be friggen pushing top while all 3 opponents are MIA...

You know I haven't had any problems with Jax as Warwick, hurray for Ult/Exhaust/W/Q. If the lives through that shit then usually help has arrived. :D

Jasconius on
  • FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm starting to forget that Shen has a W ability. When you're playing in TT, there never seems to be a point when blowing energy on feint is a better idea than adding dps/heals with Vorpal's or saving for a taunt dash.

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    And the #1 way you know you're not going to get your 10th win in a row:

Tristana on your team says, "I'm going AP"

So fucking stupid.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited April 2010
    Alright, I like Dr. Mundo but I feel like I need to try a new character. Any suggestions? Was thinking Fiddlesticks or Ryze (I have the collector's pack).

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    FightTest wrote: »
    And the #1 way you know you're not going to get your 10th win in a row:

Tristana on your team says, "I'm going AP"

So fucking stupid.

But rocket jump has an insane AP ratio!

Nisi on
    edited April 2010
    Alright, I like Dr. Mundo but I feel like I need to try a new character. Any suggestions? Was thinking Fiddlesticks or Ryze (I have the collector's pack).

Ryze is a one trick pony and is susceptible to the rampant stunning that goes on in TT. However his root is invaluable.

Fiddle has a practically game breaking ranged silence and one of the most devastating ults in the game.

It depends on who you your teammates are IMO.

If your team is all beef, Fiddle might be better since he can afford to hang back and safely use his ult/silence. Ryze has to get close for maximum damage, and being clearly the most squishy member of your team, you will always die first.

If your team is a little bit lighter, Ryze might be better for pure chasing/nuking ability. Ryze is one of my favorite 3rd members in the Shaco/Warwick/? duo that I've been dominating with all week.

Those are just my thoughts.

PS: Amumu's ult + Shaco/Warwick = WTFNERF

Jasconius on
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fiddlesticks seems a fair bit harder to kill people with than he looks. Except for Dark Crow, that just kills people for you. I'm not sure why I bother playing other champions except Annie, she's just the best.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
    edited April 2010
    Fiddle doesn't have to kill people straight up because he has an AOE silence that lasts for decades and a fear.

But he can kill people. I've been 1 v 2'd by a Fiddle who killed me, a Taric, and an Ezreal, straight up, without his ult.

Hurray for stacking health runes and smart life steal usage.

Jasconius on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Alistar owns bones

Zen Vulgarity on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    urfwick is teh pwnz. especially with mundo on TT.

kesshi and i played a game where i was urfwick, he was mundo, and we pugged a ezreal. was pretty lopsided, they had mundo, ez, and blitz.

i was 4/1/something, kesshi was 9/2/somehting, and ezreal got a couple kills too.

my build so far is cloth armor + 3 pots, got back at 700ish to finish mandred's, get tabi, or whatever boots, and just jungle like mad.

i rush bloodrazor and then start building starks, but i don't often get more than bloodrazor, tabi, emblem.

the game is more fun when you just play the best champs. :lol:

Feldorn on
    edited April 2010
    Janna owns*
    with shaco

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited April 2010
    Janna owns*
    with shaco

agreed.

also, who else thinks urfwick is the best skind they've done yet? i do.

Feldorn on
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Indeed he is. I've been playing warwick this morning solely because of the skin..unfortunately it's apparently impossible for me to not suck with him

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    is urfwick the only skin that appears on the loading screen? if so, nerf

OP skins

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited April 2010
    also, test realm patch notes are up.
    Kennen, The Heart of the Tempest
    § Kennen, The Heart of the Tempest approaches...
    § Kennen is a new magical assassin ninja, using the energy system to cast his spells instead of mana.
    § Mark of the Storm (passive) - Kennen's abilities add Marks of the Storm to opponents they hit, which explode at 3 stacks, stunning the opponent and restoring some of Kennen's energy
    § Thundering Shuriken - Kennen throws a lightning infused shuriken towards a location, damaging the first enemy it hits and adding a Mark of the Storm to them
    § Electrical Surge - Kennen passively deals extra damage and adds a Mark of the Storm to opponents every few attacks, and can activate this ability to deal damage to all nearby marked units and add another mark
    § Lightning Rush - Kennen transforms into a writhing ball of electricity, receiving a massive energy boost and gaining the ability to move through units. Enemy units he passes through receive damage and gain a Mark of the Storm
    § Slicing Maelstrom (ultimate) - Kennen summons an electrical storm around him, casting down lightning bolts to a random enemy champions near him multiple times per second.

Ashe
    § Fixed a bug where Enchanted Crystal Arrow slows attack speed.

Anivia
    § Fixed the tooltip for Crystalize to no longer display reduced cooldown.
    § Rebirth should no longer remove positive buffs (rune buffs etc).

Cardmaster
    § Fixed the description for his passive in the character pane. It should now reflect the correct functionality.

Cho'Gath
    § Tweaked autoattack animation timing.

Gragas
    § Fixed Explosive Cask's Ability Power ratio to match the tooltip.
    § Changed Body Slam to no longer be useable while rooted.
    § Added opposing tooltips.

Janna
    § Reduced base mana per level to 64 from 78.
    § Increased base Armor to 9 from 7.4.
    § Howling Gale
    § Reduced the mana cost to 80/95/110/125/140 from 80/100/120/140/160.
    § Reduced the cooldown to 10 from 11 at all ranks.
    § Increased per second damage scaling to 20/30/40/50/60 from 20/25/30/35/40.
    § Eye of the Storm
    § Reduced the Mana Cost to 60/70/80/90/100 from 70/85/100/115/130.
    § Eye of the Storm duration reduced to 10 from 12.
    § Cooldown reduced to 10 from 12.
    § Eye of the Storm now grants a new attack damage buff, "Cyclone Strike" which persists through the shield breaking.
    § Zephyr
    § Reduced the activate cooldown to 12/11/10/9/8 from 13/12/11/10/9
    § Monsoon
    § now slows enemy units for 40% that re-enter the storm after being pushed out.

Katarina
    § Added an alternate attack animation.

Morgana
    § Fixed a discrepancy in Dark Binding's tooltip. The tooltip now lists the damage dealt per second (the ability itself still deals damage every half second).

Pirate

Poppy
    § Fixed the description for her passive in the character pane. It should now reflect the correct functionality.

Rammus
    § Fixed a bug in which Rammus' movespeed was slightly too slow during Defensive Ball Curl and Powerball.

Ryze
    § Reduced the AP bonus of desperate power to 50/80/110 from 60/100/140.

Shaco
    § Fixed the mana cost on Jack in the Box to correctly be 50/55/60/65/70 from 60/60/60/60/60

Veigar
    § Adjusted Event Horizon so the stun matches up better with the cast cursor and the particle

Items
    § New Item: Youmuu's Ghostblade (PTR Only)
    § +30 Attack Damage +15% Critical Chance
    § UNIQUE Passive: +20 Armor Penetration 15% Cooldown Reduction
    § UNIQUE Active: You gain +20% movespeed and +50% attack speed for 4 seconds. Attacking enemy units with melee attacks increases the duration by 2 to a maximum of 8 seconds. 60 second cooldown.

§ New Item: Randuin's Omen (PTR Only)
    § +300 Health +90 Armor + 25 Health Regen per 5 Sec.
    § UNIQUE Passive: 15% Cooldown Reduction
    § UNIQUE Active: Slows movement speed and attack speed of surrounding units by 35% for 1 second + 0.5 seconds for each 100 Armor and Magic Resist. 60 second cooldown.

§ Aegis of the Legion
    § Item Remade. Now gives: +270 Health +18 Armor +24 Magic Resist UNIQUE Aura: +12 Armor / +15 Magic Resistance / +8 damage to nearby allied units.
    § Archangel's Staff
    § Increased the Mana Cap to 1000 from 600.
    § Increased the Mana AP ratio to 2.5% from 2%.

§ Chalice of Harmony
    § Reduced the Magic Resistance to 30 from 35.

§ Frozen Heart
    § Component items changed to Glacial Shroud and 2 Cloth Armors, and upgrade (800). Stats are unchanged.

§ Glacial Shroud
    § Component items changed to Sapphire Crystal, Chain Vest, and upgrade (575). Glacial Shroud's stats changed to 425 Mana, 45 Armor, and 20% Cooldown Reduction, from 500 Mana, 36 Armor, and 20% Cooldown Reduction.

§ Haunting Guise
    § Remade: Now gives> +180 HP +20 AP UNIQUE Passive: +20 Magic Penetration +5% Spell Vamp (5% of Damaging Spells in Lifesteal.)

§ Mercury's Treads
    § Reduced the Magic Resistance to 25 from 30.

§ Nashor's Tooth
    § Now gives 50% attack speed and 10 Mp5, instead of 30% attack speed and 12 Mp5

§ Ninja Tabi
    § Armor increased to 25 from 23.
    § Dodge chance increased to 12% from 11%.

§ Phantom Dancer
    § Movement speed increased to 15% from 12%.

§ Quicksilver Sash
    § Cooldown reduced to 120 from 150.
    § Combine cost reduced to 700 from 900.

§ Sage's Ring
    § Removed Sage's Ring from the game.

§ Spirit Visage
    § Increased Healing and Regeneration reduced to 25% from 30%.
    § Health Regen Per 5 increased to 20 from 18.

§ Stark's Fervor
    § Attack Speed Aura reduced to 20% from 25%.
    § Armor Reduction Aura reduced to 20 from 25.

§ Stinger
    § Requirements changed to 2x Dagger + 300 gold
    § Now gives 40% attack speed and 10% cooldown reduction, instead of 20% attack speed, 5 Mp5, and 10% cooldown reduction

§ Sunfire Cape
    § Combine cost reduced to 700 from 1000.

§ Tear of the Goddess
    § Increased the Mana Cap to 1000 from 600.

§ Tiamat
    § Combine cost reduced to 250 from 450.

§ Thorn Mail
    § Increased the Damage Return to 30% from 25%.

§ Warden's Mail
    § Cloth armor removed from the recipe.
    § Now grants: +60 Armor +25 Health Regen per 5 sec Passive: 20% chance on being hit to slow the attacker's movement and attack speeds by 35% for 3 seconds.

General
    § Fixed a bug where Crest of the Ancient Golem was not increasing energy
    § Crest of the Ancient Golem restores 1.5% of your maximum energy per second, just like mana

Audio
    Champions
    Evelynn
    § Updated sound for Shadow Walk
    § Updated sound for Malice and Spite and added laugh on activation
    § Updated sound for Hate Spike
    § Updated sound for Ravage

Katarina
    § VO set updated (say goodbye to the 'Dance Macabre')
    § VO added to attacks and spells

Rammus
    § Powerball now ramps up in pitch to match his increased speed

Soraka
    § New sound when casting Wish

Twisted Fate
    § Unique sound added when Stacked Deck hits

Misc
    § New sound when logging into pvp.net

Thanks for the update Shurelia.

Feldorn on
  • FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Not pleased with Merc Treads, Spirit Visage and Aegis of the Legion changes. I do acknowledge that the Visage is totally broken on Mundo though, and that the treads are stronger than they should be.

That new tanking item might seem cool, but I kind of doubt that a weak AoE snare will be more justified than another real tanking item. An activated damage shield that scales with MR/Armour would be very welcome, however.

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
    edited April 2010
    Ashe's white clothing skin also shows up in the loading screen.

It's something maybe they just started doing?

Jasconius on
    edited April 2010
    JANNA BUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited April 2010
    Alistar owns bones

I really like Alistar, but he's not much of a pug champion, he relies on the team to get kills while he stuns them and keeps them busy. Maybe if I start getting in vent and playing with PA people I can pick him up again.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    Play Alistar more AP with Lichbane and you can kill fine on your own, too

Zen Vulgarity on