As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is it in corporations' best interest to have dumb customers?

124»

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    ... it's basically liquid death.

I'm against HFCS as much as the next guy, but that's a little dramatic, don't you think?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    I'm against HFCS as much as the next guy, but that's a little dramatic, don't you think?
    No. I'd say the same thing about soda made from cane sugar in the volumes we drink it in this country.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I don't think you really understand how much soda some people drink. It's fairly common for soda to be the ONLY liquid that many lower income kids (and adults) ever drink.

If there were one food that could be eliminated to increase general health more than any other, it would probably be soda. More so than trans fat, because most people don't eat more than one hamburger every 2 or 3 days, but soda intakes of 2 liters a day or more aren't uncommon.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I tried a coke from the US and it was just disgusting. Maybe it was the HFCS that did the job, but I wouldn't drink that.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Pi-r8 wrote: »
    The credit card industry seems to be built entirely on taking advantage of their customers mistakes.

they give you a card for free. They extend you a line of credit for free. As long as you pay it back on time you don't have to pay anything. But if you're a day late, or you borrow more than you're able to pay back immediately, or you just misread some of the fine print (my bank neglected to tell me that they were now charging a fee for paying bills online- thanks assholes), they'll find many ways to sock you with a fee. It's an incredibly adversarial relationship.

WTF? If anything it's much simpler for them if you pay your bills online rather than send snailmail every month.

it probably isn't: additional infrastructure, security concerns..

It costs money to pay Chase Auto Finance in any manner except physically dropping it off by hand if you've ever had a bank account get rejected: they don't accept credit cards, you have to pay in person or via western union

override367 on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I tried a coke from the US and it was just disgusting. Maybe it was the HFCS that did the job, but I wouldn't drink that.

Hmm, when I went to France, I remember "un Coca" tasting pretty much the same as what we drink in the States.
    Loklar wrote: »
    What we should really do is tax carbon. Then we'll see more, smaller bottled-water plants produced for local markets to keep shipping distances low.

Cap and Trade! Allow the market to reach its own equilibrium (damn Republicans for saying "Cap and Trade" is a tax).

Peccavi on
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Personally I'd rather drink pure HFCS than nickel tetracarbonyl, the original liquid death.

Cervetus on
  • Options
    SamSam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    HFCS soda leaves a layer of thick sickly sweet aftertaste on your saliva which you don't get with cane sugar soda. It's disgusting.

If you don't notice it, it's probably because you drink it with ice or aren't accustomed to cane sugar soda.

Sam on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well Canadian and japanese Coke doesn't taste that bad.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've tried both. They taste the same.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    I disagree that HFCS and cane sugar taste the same.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.