As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hates, Happies, Hopes and Horses

• Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: American servers in the only battlegroup with Oceanic servers. I know, there'd be terrible queues if they weren't there, but it's still annoying being sapped on my epic mount knowing that I'd never be able to do that to someone else.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: Wondered why I hadn't gotten a raid invite, even though it was past invite time. Go to check the raid calender to see if the time had changed and discover I have been put on standby. Wasn't standby the night before when I was in the raid, wasn't standby when the raid ended, wasn't standby when everyone said 'See you tomorrow', but today, at raid time, its standby. And the raid leaders didn't have the balls to say a word to me about it, they just changed the sign up at the last minute and left me to deal with it. Had to chase one down and corner him to find out that I was on standby because "Oh, we need more DPS for tonight."

Hate: I get put on standby, but the two other paladin offtanks in the raid that I outgear are still confirmed.

Happy: At least being April Fools Day, I had a good reason besides my own pissed off vengeance to fill the entire guild bank with wool cloth.

Hope: it takes the raid leader, guild leader, and guild officer I mailed the contents of the bank to, at least half the time to put everything back as it took for me to fill the whole thing with wool.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Decomposey: lol

Happy: Dreamwalker is easy, lol.

Happy: after 2 attempts on sindragosa we got her to phase 3 (20% to boot before someone messes up). Though phase3 is like the other two phases on crack.

Hilarious: watching the dps burn the ice tombs right after the third frost bolt.

Weird happy: We found out that the original team had tried to sabotage us by taking all the rest of the good people for the third team because one of the officers doesn't want us beating him to the LK. As it stands, we'll probably get him first.
    You guys remember that druid I linked? He was originally on their team, as well as that MM hunter I talked about a few weeks before the druid was as well. This officer removed them and told us to take them because he was full and they were rotating people in and out to get gear. So we did, we were short two people that day so what the hell why not.

A week later we start a third ICC team with alts and some mains that didn't make the cut. Great, awesome. The third ICC team got as far as we did and almost further. This had us going WTF. So we started cutting down on our lazy dps as it became clear we weren't beating soft/hard enrages properly. This works, we get rotface down but it turns out that it just wasn't enough. We had that hunter and druid go from 2300 dps to 4000 dps, but that's still really bad for ICC. We give them an ultimatum, read up on your classes and fix your issues or get removed from raid.

Well, we had to remove them. The third team collapses. Not because of anything bad, but, because the officer is pissed that those two people got shifted to the weekend team and we took two good dps from them. Next week, we get putricide down on our first raid night that week. According to our "spy" he stopped talking in vent and dropped. He was incredibly pissed that we downed putricide. Cue to us getting both the blood council and BQL down, and he isn't even showing up for their raids anymore. He signed off last night before we healed dreamwalker and got sindragosa to 20%.

He's also stopped showing up on time to 25 mans, and after deathwhisper he stealths right to the boat and waits for us to get there. Then he plays bejeweled when he dies or has to wait.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: Random BG system without any requirements. Allowing people to queue up that are in quest greens, missing gear slots entirely, or otherwise being a waste of a slot is annoying, especially on 10/25 man BGs. Watching 4 people on your team die to one howling blast is annoying and makes queueing up not fun.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Hate: Random BG system without any requirements. Allowing people to queue up that are in quest greens, missing gear slots entirely, or otherwise being a waste of a slot is annoying, especially on 10/25 man BGs. Watching 4 people on your team die to one howling blast is annoying and makes queueing up not fun.

How was this different than before?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Yes, but it is made up for when you kill 4 people on the other team with one howling blast. Once I started to approach 1K resilience it is like I became death.

jackal on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Battlegrounds have always been like that. Anyone can get in, and that usually means undergeared people. If you were to compare PvP to PvE, BGs would be heroics and Arena would be raiding.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

To be fair, when I used to do battlegrounds (I've pretty much stopped at this point, Nightfall horde is in a pretty bad way), the only ones who'd try to actually complete objectives were the guys in greens and blues.

The guys in full pvp gear with 900+ resilience? Yeah, those are the guys farming mid and fighting on roads.

Nobody on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nobody wrote: »

To be fair, when I used to do battlegrounds (I've pretty much stopped at this point, Nightfall horde is in a pretty bad way), the only ones who'd try to actually complete objectives were the guys in greens and blues.

The guys in full pvp gear with 900+ resilience? Yeah, those are the guys farming mid and fighting on roads.
    The worst thing was those guys fighting in the middle of WSG, and on the roads in AB were being rewarded more than the people playing around the objectives.

815165 on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

We've been doing ok recently.

jackal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    815165 wrote: »

The worst thing was those guys fighting in the middle of WSG, and on the roads in AB were being rewarded more than the people playing around the objectives.

Don't you get bonus honor for standing close to objectives now even if you don't personally kill anyone? I stood near the black smith flag during a battle, didn't touch anyone and came out near the top for HKs.

jackal on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You get a buff standing near the flags in AB, at least. It's a pretty cool idea. :^:

815165 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    jackal wrote: »

Huh, I may give it a try again. Does Horde still try to do the Alterac Blitz (and fail) every match?

Nobody on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    English is a stupid language that is impossible to understand. :(

Hate: it.

well, hate trying to grasp the fucker, enjoy it's uses

its uses. :)

You are evil

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You get a buff standing near the flags in AB, at least. It's a pretty cool idea. :^:

You get that buff anywhere you try to defend a flag
    For the most part it's nice or a light for moths I have no figured out which it is.

A real hate is I bought the pvp gear and do far more damage than that crappy tier 9 set
    So close to getting the tier 10 only weeks away. In the april fools from yesterday I did ninja the tier 8 gloves and cheese my way to epic

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The guaranteed honor even for losing has attracted a whole new level of scrub, plus tons of bots.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    jackal wrote: »

Huh, I may give it a try again. Does Horde still try to do the Alterac Blitz (and fail) every match?

OK, you may want to try everything but AV. Never ever ever go back into AV.

jackal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Blitz doesn't work anymore. They keep buffing the aura that the warmasters give off.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Doesn't stop them from trying.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    During the AV holiday last weekend I saw it work six times in a row. It helped that it was basically the same group requeuing as soon as the BG ended so that they would get in the same group. It was pretty much run like a raid and went smooth as butter every time. Unfortunately you usually have people who are all, "lets zerg" 30 seconds before the battle is about to start and then calling everyone else failures when it magically doesn't work.

jackal on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    3/31

The talent Brain Freeze should no longer to be triggered by casting the spell Frostfire Bolt.
    Scourgelord Tyrannus should no longer remount Rimefang during the encounter.
    Revenge can now only be used once for each time it activates.
    The damage buff the generals in Alterac Valley receive from the tower guards has been increased.

03/26
    The Endless Healing Potion is no longer usable in arenas as intended.
    Warlock’s using a lower rank of Life Tap will receive a reduced benefit from their shadow spell power.
    The damage done by the cannons in the gunship encounter in Icecrown Citadel has been increased and the rate at which their heat decays has been reduced.
    In Alterac Valley, the buffs that the Generals get from the Warmasters and Marshals now grant them negative enemy dodge. This means they will now ignore some of their target's total dodge percentage. The base health of the Generals has been increased and the buff also grants a slightly increased amount of damage and health.
    The cheese items in Dalaran as well as the Kvaldir Berserkers in Icecrown will once again respawn at a faster rate.
    The window that comes up when talking to an NPC should no longer close on its own.
    Some changes to the battleground queuing system have been made to improve performance and group queuing.
    The timer for when the next battle in Wintergrasp will occur should no long disappear.

They've been buffed twice in a week.

Bikkstah on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Blitz doesn't work anymore. They keep buffing the aura that the warmasters give off.

Is this something very new? Because it was working as of last time I played AV, last week.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Hate: Wondered why I hadn't gotten a raid invite, even though it was past invite time. Go to check the raid calender to see if the time had changed and discover I have been put on standby. Wasn't standby the night before when I was in the raid, wasn't standby when the raid ended, wasn't standby when everyone said 'See you tomorrow', but today, at raid time, its standby. And the raid leaders didn't have the balls to say a word to me about it, they just changed the sign up at the last minute and left me to deal with it. Had to chase one down and corner him to find out that I was on standby because "Oh, we need more DPS for tonight."

Hate: I get put on standby, but the two other paladin offtanks in the raid that I outgear are still confirmed.

Happy: At least being April Fools Day, I had a good reason besides my own pissed off vengeance to fill the entire guild bank with wool cloth.

Hope: it takes the raid leader, guild leader, and guild officer I mailed the contents of the bank to, at least half the time to put everything back as it took for me to fill the whole thing with wool.

That's awesome. I wish I had thought of something like that before I bailed on my last guild for pulling the exact same shit.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Is this something very new? Because it was working as of last time I played AV, last week.

I think they definitely addressed it in Tuesday's patch.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ninjaed [The Black Heart]. (Vendored)
    D:

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    LoL that was part of the April fool's stuff kreutz.

bowen on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    While ninjaed is a replacement for acquired, the way better part is that vendored is the replacement for equipped.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh, wow. Okay. I was seriously about to lay down a bit of rage.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kreutz wrote: »
    Oh, wow. Okay. I was seriously about to lay down a bit of rage.

/crawls out of bunker

Anyway,

Hate: Got Putricide to 100k health before everyone died

Hope: Get him next time

Putricide is actually a pretty good fight, I like P3 the best, trying to kill him before the room fills with goo is a good feeling of pushing for the win.

Aeyther on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh another thing.

Hate: My Wintergrasp fishing was inturrupted by a fury warrior. This adds him to the list of the other fury warrior, the DK, the Boomkin, and the warlock that have before attacked my prot warrior when I'm fishing.

Hate: He was the first one I wasn't able to kill and then canabalize.

Happy: Because he had rocket boots, and used them to flee for his life when he realized he was gonna get killed by a tank.

Hahaha, I did have to comment on this. I was fishing in Wintergrasp for my daily, had a dwarf ret pally land next to me and start going off on me. I leisurely got my bag open, putzed around finding my sword and shield, and put them on. By this point I was getting pretty low because he had utterly blown his load on me.

So I popped Lay on Hands and started fighting him. Before I knew it, he started running around the shore from me... and I realized he was almost dead. I finished him off and went back to fishing.

Seriously? Seriously. Why, why would you do that to someone who is fishing. And why wouldn't you check their HP first? Don't fuck with fishing tanks.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

You totally got them 10 minutes ago.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: Shitty internet preventing us from progressing in ICC10. We had 17 disconnects from 6 different raid members in the span of 3 hours.

One of them, unfortunately, was me. Having the off-tank disconnect 20 seconds into Festergut is bad.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that most of the DCs were on Blood Queen, where one person lagging/DCing can do some substantial damage. Good news is that we got Blood Princes down this week by using the two tank method someone mentioned in the last 4H thread. Thanks guys!

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Oh another thing.

Hate: My Wintergrasp fishing was inturrupted by a fury warrior. This adds him to the list of the other fury warrior, the DK, the Boomkin, and the warlock that have before attacked my prot warrior when I'm fishing.

Hate: He was the first one I wasn't able to kill and then canabalize.

Happy: Because he had rocket boots, and used them to flee for his life when he realized he was gonna get killed by a tank.

Hahaha, I did have to comment on this. I was fishing in Wintergrasp for my daily, had a dwarf ret pally land next to me and start going off on me. I leisurely got my bag open, putzed around finding my sword and shield, and put them on. By this point I was getting pretty low because he had utterly blown his load on me.

So I popped Lay on Hands and started fighting him. Before I knew it, he started running around the shore from me... and I realized he was almost dead. I finished him off and went back to fishing.

Seriously? Seriously. Why, why would you do that to someone who is fishing. And why wouldn't you check their HP first? Don't fuck with fishing tanks.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I don't harass anyone I find fishing, because there is nothing I could do to them which is worse than what they're already doing to themselves.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Leveling fishing on 2 characters, before the fishing changes, was one of the worst things I have ever done in WoW.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happy: Raid-free day to level my mage alt. Gained six levels, earned 600 gold, and managed to successfully lead a pug through Sunken Temple.

Hate: SUNKEN TEMPLE NEVER AGAIN. I'm just going to not queue for random groups until I'm outside ST's level range to ensure that I don't have to do that again. Two players ragequit due to getting lost, one of their replacements started with the group, then ran away from us and got immediately lost on the top floor (how, I'm not sure), and spent most of the instance trying to convince us to let him leap to his death through the hole in the floor.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    formatformat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    just got my second binding of the windseeker from baron

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    format wrote: »
    just got my second binding of the windseeker from baron

Argh that's the only thing I need for my TF. I should probably focus on the mace to keep my mind off of it.

Tyberius on
  • Options
    JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Seething hate:
    Now to date I've lost the Tyrannical Beheader to a enhance shammy, a hunter, a prot warrior and just now a Holy Pally.

As my DPS Dk no less...

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jaded wrote: »
    Seething hate:
    Now to date I've lost the Tyrannical Beheader to a enhance shammy, a hunter, a prot warrior and just now a Holy Pally.

As my DPS Dk no less...

If it makes you feel any [strike]better[/strike] worse, I had to shard a Beheader last night since everyone in my group either already had it or couldn't use it.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
This discussion has been closed.