As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play Cryostasis - Set 15 - Wait...what?

• StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, that's what I get for posting at work, I miss out on everything. Zoidberg wins the whole thread :^:

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • npc.EXEnpc.EXE Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Shame you didn't do that April fools thing earlier. As the new Youtube layout is a damn eyesore. Here's hoping it's all a prank... or bad dream.

npc.EXE on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    He plays WoW too.

Must.... resist urge..... to armory.... argh...!

EDIT: Seriously though, nice pick for April Fool's Hello. It's nice to see that game I played for 3 years again in such an excellent light.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Corehealer wrote: »
    He plays WoW too.

Must.... resist urge..... to armory.... argh...!

EDIT: Seriously though, nice pick for April Fool's Hello. It's nice to see that game I played for 3 years again in such an excellent light.

I like to think I did it justice.

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It was surprisingly amusing for a video of pretty much the most boring parts of the game. I wasn't aware you played WoW. Sometimes I miss it. But not really.

Adus on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Adus wrote: »
    It was surprisingly amusing for a video of pretty much the most boring parts of the game. I wasn't aware you played WoW. Sometimes I miss it. But not really.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited April 2010
    Its like RA3, without sexy girls...or any RTS elements...but it has Bears!

Set 14 - Russian Battle Bears
    I play WoW casually these days. Not enough time to hardcore it like the old days :P

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Watching that set in textp mode is awesome!

Mc zany on
    edited April 2010
    Helloween wrote: »
    Its like RA3, without sexy girls...or any RTS elements...but it has Bears!

Set 14 - Russian Battle Bears
    I play WoW casually these days. Not enough time to hardcore it like the old days :P

Watching the set now, good stuff. :)

I play WoW casually as well to kill time with my DK but it's nothing like the good old days raiding MC, Kara, even Ulduar like crazy. Shit's just turned into a theme park for little kids anymore, epics get thrown at you. It's too easy.

I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 among other things.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wasn't the Water Cannon patched in?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Given the events in the latest video, I propose that Beardman should now be known as, Nuclear-man!, or Nuclear-Beardman.

And, I guess this makes me a bad person, but watching Helloween being slowly driven insane by this game, is just delightful.

Also, the story, still makes no sense whatsoever.

Ad astra on
    edited April 2010
    I thought for a minute there that it was doing that thing that they do where the good guy has everything going for him and becomes super powered, only to reveal that it's all a dream or something. But then Beard Man just got shot and killed anyway, so I figured not.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Subucula TertiaSubucula Tertia Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So let me get this straight. Beardman (Radioactiveman, Nuclearman, Radiationman or my favorite, Reactorman) is actually some poor soul who got recruited by a nuclear reactor to fight in the eternal struggle of reactorkind against icebergs?

Cryostasis: Reactors vs. Icebergs - whoever wins, we lose?

Subucula Tertia on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    Ad astra wrote: »
    Given the events in the latest video, I propose that Beardman should now be known as, Nuclear-man!, or Nuclear-Beardman.

And, I guess this makes me a bad person, but watching Helloween being slowly driven insane by this game, is just delightful.

Limed for awesome.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Like the earlier boss fight, you could only hurt this one when the room wasn't frozen; you may have noticed it wasn't taking damage after the fissures were sealed. The ice can be broken off with most of the weapons (apart from the flare gun, of course.)

So... score one for the fine folks at GameFAQs!

Limed for awesome.

I think you gents have figured out the true purpose of this game. It's not about telling some crazy story and they didn't think to include useful weapons and didn't bother to optimize the engine, it's just seeing what it takes to drive a man out of his goddamn mind.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
    edited April 2010
    Stolls wrote: »
    Like the earlier boss fight, you could only hurt this one when the room wasn't frozen; you may have noticed it wasn't taking damage after the fissures were sealed. The ice can be broken off with most of the weapons (apart from the flare gun, of course.)

So... score one for the fine folks at GameFAQs!

Limed for awesome.

I think you gents have figured out the true purpose of this game. It's not about telling some crazy story and they didn't think to include useful weapons and didn't bother to optimize the engine, it's just seeing what it takes to drive a man out of his goddamn mind.

It's working so far, right Helloween?

*hears Helloween curse and rage on screen as the loading screen once again chews up his framerate between rapings*

Delightful.

EDIT: I too am enjoying FFXIII but for god's sakes, for the money they invested in the trillions of pixels needed to render the beautiful fantasy vistas and shit, could they have not hired better writers? Seriously, I want to stab the guys in the eye who wrote those horrible lines for the main characters and the linear predictable plot and all the god damn reiteration in the datalog. The datalog basically boils down to at least 3 paragraphs in each plot entry of this over and over:
    Pulse Bad. Fal'cie from Pulse, very bad. I'Cie, shit hits the fan bad. Cocoon good minus PSICOM and shit. Purge very bad. You have issues. Very bad.

/Rage over.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You saved the polar bear!

<3My hero! <3

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, Helloween. It's painful watching you play and just miss the most obvious, glaring things.

And I realize grasping basic concepts while talking is hard, but... It's painful to watch. It hurts me.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TKane wrote: »
    Man, Helloween. It's painful watching you play and just miss the most obvious, glaring things.

And I realize grasping basic concepts while talking is hard, but... It's painful to watch. It hurts me.

Limed for truth.

Also, that bit where you went back to the other side of the helicopter situation was tragic. Basically you find out that before, you were aiding a couple of damn traitors who were trying to use a shipping helicopter to abandon the entire crew, and the zombie demons you were shooting were just dying crew members trying to stop you.

BloodySloth on
    edited April 2010
    TKane wrote: »

Limed for truth.

Also, that bit where you went back to the other side of the helicopter situation was tragic. Basically you find out that before, you were aiding a couple of damn traitors who were trying to use a shipping helicopter to abandon the entire crew, and the zombie demons you were shooting were just dying crew members trying to stop you.

That and the one traitor who got out to save his partner........... WAS ABANDONED! Guess there really IS no honour among traitors and deserters.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • AlexPHottAlexPHott Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    "I'm watching you bear. <.<"

AlexPHott on
    edited April 2010
    AlexPHott wrote: »

:lol:

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I honestly expected the bear to sprout spider legs or some other creepy ice-related limbs and come after Mr. Beardy. I didn't expect him to end up having to save it.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Kitsuna wrote: »

I honestly expected the bear to sprout spider legs or some other creepy ice-related limbs and come after Mr. Beardy. I didn't expect him to end up having to save it.

This is what I was hoping. Well, sort of anyway. It would have been creepy, but that bear looked shifty.

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
    edited April 2010
    That's bear racism.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was expecting a Condemned 2 sequence. I would love to see how Helloween would react to that bit.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
    edited April 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I was expecting a Condemned 2 sequence. I would love to see how Helloween would react to that bit.

I was a little crushed when the Condemned LP came along, and Helloween said something like "I've always wanted to play this." because that means he'll not be doing a wonderful blind run of the games.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

edited April 2010
    TrippyJing wrote: »

I was a little crushed when the Condemned LP came along, and Helloween said something like "I've always wanted to play this." because that means he'll not be doing a wonderful blind run of the games.

Ah well, I'm sure he won't let us down in his selection of future LP titles after AVP and Amnesia.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited April 2010
    There are way too many horror games that I want to see him play.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I just saw a video showing the final boss of this game. You thinks shits weird now? You have no idea. No idea at all. And no, the boss is not a giant razorblade that shaves the beard, thus stripping Beardman of his powers. That would make more sense.

EtherealWalrus on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I just saw a video showing the final boss of this game. You thinks shits weird now? You have no idea. No idea at all. And no, the boss is not a giant razorblade that shaves the beard, thus stripping Beardman of his powers. That would make more sense.

I told em earlier, they have no idea. The ending and such afterwards just seals it.

SkutSkut on
  • EtherealWalrusEtherealWalrus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »

I told em earlier, they have no idea. The ending and such afterwards just seals it.

Russia clearly gets better drugs than the rest of the world.

EtherealWalrus on
    edited April 2010
    So we reach the end, and all is cleared up. No plot point left un covered...

ahahahahahahahhah, I kid of course.

Set 15 - Wait...what?

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, Helloween.

I bet after all that you are feeling monkey banana purple toaster muffin.

All this crazy shit you put up with had no effect on your alien lifeform making a strawberry milkshake in my father's cow shed.

Your mind is nnnnneeeeeeaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I told you. I told you. Also you got a different last puzzle than I, as I told you on msn.

SkutSkut on
    edited April 2010
    So, Helloween.

I bet after all that you are feeling monkey banana purple toaster muffin.

All this crazy shit you put up with had no effect on your alien lifeform making a strawberry milkshake in my father's cow shed.

Your mind is nnnnneeeeeeaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Mush...it be oozing out my ears

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Helloween's next Let's Play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkUvfL8T1I

He's gotta ease himself back in after all this.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
    edited April 2010
    Helloween's next Let's Play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkUvfL8T1I

He's gotta ease himself back in after all this.

Naa, that games story is far too confusing, I'm thinking something like Q-basic Gorillas

Helloween on
    Youtube Channel!
    edited April 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I told you. I told you. Also you got a different last puzzle than I, as I told you on msn.

What was your last puzzle?

From what it looked like to me, as Phil, you had to go and stand between the door and the captain, so you got shot and not the captain.

At least, that's what I would have done.

Or I would have opened the door for them.

I guess when you started working the what you calls it as other guy, you accidentally triggered the captain, and "saved" him instead of helping the XO.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is...

Write the end of the script for Cryostasis apparently.

It was going so well until the middle of part two of that last set. Then things got... well, I'd say weird, but that hardly seems sufficient to describe it. I'm trying not to think about it for fear that my mind will snap like a brittle twig.

So I'll settle for thanking you for running through this game. I certainly wouldn't have been able to play it - and that's not just because my computer is an antique. The awkward shooting alone would have driven me over the edge. It was great fun to watch you grapple with it however.

I'll look forward to your LP of AvP.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg