As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends, the Name Game {Tourney Spreadsheet in OP}

• FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    For what it's worth (3 pesos) I agree with that Mooman fellow.

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think there are several senses of skillshots, is the problem here.

There are the basic ones that go where your cursors was at like Mundo's cleaver, Ez's Q, Morgana's trap, etc.

But there are also things unlike your average click on a champ and it works type skills, such as Veigar's Event Horizon, Karthas/Anivia's walls, or the Tibbers cast. The cone attacks like Mordy's siphon or Cho'gath's silence sort of fit into this to a lesser degree as well.

I'd say the former are all what most people consider when they think of skillshots though.

UnknownSaint on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Karthus' wall is hard to put up if you're stupid

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As Nunu, I'm actually sort of excited about the tanky CD reduction item. That was something I had troubles getting, and the best I could come up with was Frozen Heart preceded by Glacial Shroud, which is sort of crazy expensive.

Thor1590 on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As Nunu you will not be excited that he is dogmeat in TT.

Jasconius on
  • Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pfffff, look at my recent matches. I've been doing great.

Thor1590 on
    edited April 2010
    Thor1590 wrote: »
    As Nunu, I'm actually sort of excited about the tanky CD reduction item. That was something I had troubles getting, and the best I could come up with was Frozen Heart preceded by Glacial Shroud, which is sort of crazy expensive.

Warden's Armour? I assume you mean for getting Nunu's ult off. But even then it's not like you need another movement slow, so it's a just ~2 second 35% attack slow once every minute. Not horrible for the purpose, but certainly nothing special and probably less valuable than more health or armour.

Falstaff on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    you must hang out only with super-right people

uh...

because i'm right, call it what you'd like, though.

Morgana's snare is a skill shot. Ezreal's Mystic Shot is a skill shot. Karthus' wall is not a skill shot.

It is clearly a skillshot, you don't click on a champion with it.

Nisi on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nisi wrote: »

uh...

Morgana's snare is a skill shot. Ezreal's Mystic Shot is a skill shot. Karthus' wall is not a skill shot.

Well by that logic his ulti is a skill shot.

reVerse on
    edited April 2010
    Nisi wrote: »

uh...

Well by that logic his ulti is a skill shot.

By that logic every passive is a skillshot.

Jasconius on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    man you guys are weiners

pretty much any time a person says "by that logic" they are being a weiner to someone

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just had a sivir on my own team get pissed off when I, as warwick, ganked people in her lane on TT

I then informed her that it was a team game, to which she responded that the karthas on our team who was 0/3 at this point, was her team

I have no idea how I won that for them

EDIT: btw I went 16-4-2

she had 2 kills

HMMMMMMMM, take a guess how she got them

PiptheFair on
    edited April 2010
    by causing an enemy player's health to reach zero

if it isn't that i'm out of guesses

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm tired of Jax.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited April 2010
    aren't we all?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Everytime Jax gets a kill the victim should hear him say "Surpriseee! I'm back". If there is going to be a champion that pisses people off you might as well emphasise it, ala TF2's scout. I still hate Karthus more though.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
    edited April 2010
    karthus can definitely be annoying

but i never get to be the cool karthus, my team is never able to harass people enough to the point where they have less than 150 or so health so the 250 damage will kill them (since they have 30 or so magic resist)

i went against a karthus the other day who was super defensive constantly standing behind teammates and always held back in team fights but had a lot of kills

every single one was from requiem

brb playing karthus

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited April 2010
    AP shaco is bullshit.

That is all.

Jasconius on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nevermind, I'm not tired of Jax, I'm tired of blind pick. Shit is just fucking dumb. Tired of playing a different hero that's not top tier for a change of pace and having to play a team of trash-talking tryhards playing for perfect synergy. Wee grats you're so cool.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited April 2010
    Kayle is a great hero on this map.

Her shield and heal effectiveness are dramatically magnified in 3v3 fights.

Didn't help that she had over 200 armor because my team was all melee, but goddamn, that shield was annoying.

Jasconius on
    edited April 2010
    Does anyone else see an exclamation point over Morganna in the champion select screen? No idea what it means.

Jasconius on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Does anyone else see an exclamation point over Morganna in the champion select screen? No idea what it means.

On my champion select all the free champs have a little exclamation point icon.

Arrath on
    edited April 2010
    I guess she's the only free one that I don't own D:

Jasconius on
    edited April 2010
    the proest TFs just let pick a card scroll through every color

that way you get all the effects, right?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sometimes playing this just leaves me staring at the screen, eyes wide, shaking my head slowly.

Generally the community is very good especially compared to DotA/HoN; but occasionally you just get that guy.

Thanks random Tryndamere for calling me out on getting a Visage and other magic resist against Ryze/APJax/APTeemo. Thanks for tower diving even with your ult on CD and then screaming about how bad I was for not following you into the obvious trap. And above all else thanks for hugging the towers like a kid hugs his security blanket and letting the other team run rampant and unchecked out of fear that you might lose HP despite showing no such fear when it came time for your glorious suicide.

Drijen on
    edited April 2010
    that is exactly what this TF did who didn't know how to use pick a card. he would have 100-200 health and NOT towerhug, attempting to kill creeps when he knows he is laning against cho'gath who will pop out of the bushes and feast the shit out of him, then immediately would say "come on [person laning with him]" as if it was their fault

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited April 2010
    I had a really surreal experience in TT the other day. Our team had this Shen (I think it was a Shen) who could barely speak English, but he was smack talking the entire match. Somewhere along the road he had internalized the norms of DotA etiquette, and despite lacking the ability to spell, speak or order the language, he made an effort to insult both teams every chance he got. Mostly just nonsensical strings of swear words punctuated by "nubb" or "nubbes."

I'd love to hear this guy try to communicate in English in real life, because I get the feeling that fully half of his vocabulary is the filthiest sort of DotA kiddie shit.

Falstaff on
    edited April 2010
    I played a Trist yesterday who criticized my character name and that his, KietG35, was better because his name was Kiet and he drove a G35. Duh!

And then he trash talked incessantly for the first 5 minutes of the match until his entire team was clotheslined repeatedly and with little effort.

I believe he ended up 0/7

Jasconius on
    edited April 2010
    ARGH YOU PEOPLE!

Yes silly Katrina, the obvious way to push is not to actually push but rather to hang out in the jungle and count down the time until the enemy begins to respawn! I'm glad that you feel the enemy team is not very good and we are losing towers because we don't know when to push/chase/retreat while you mercilessly slaughter another damn pack of wolves. And yes, you are correct in assuming you are a better player than the rest of us because you know how to Lotus in the middle of a team fight. No no, don't mind us; we'll just be trying in vain to kill the Zilean who has chronoshifted the Sion you are so valiantly throwing daggers at or the Soraka/Morgana combo who won't die and continue to lure you to your death after you finally look around and see two half-dead enemy champs and jump the gun.

I am so glad this game doesn't have voice chat because on days like today I'd probably get myself banned for abuse.

Drijen on
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think I'm devolving into one of those DoTards that you guys are complaining about.

I don't call people out but when people call me out I just get so RAGE-IFIED THAT I THROW MY CAT INTO A WOODCHIPPER AND AFTERWARDS EJACULATE BLOOD ON THE PILE OF MEOW MIX LEFTOVERS.

Also I sometimes go "you're bad" and such. Fuck I hate this game's community.

4rch3nemy on
    edited April 2010
    To be fair, I have no problem with being called out for doing absurdly dumb things, or for just not playing well at a particular time. And I've done my fair share of trashtalking and complaining. What gets me is when someone is going apeshit while at the same time being useless. Like the last game where Kat would ping our base nonstop after we lost a 4v5 because she decided to run and then mouth off in /all about how we were such noobs for giving away the game and yelling at us to hurry up and get to base to defend while we were still dead and she was still dicking around in the jungle or a lane.

I get that its a highly competitive game and I do enjoy playing a hard matchup but this disconnect between the shit some people go off about compared to what they themselves are doing is just disorienting.

Drijen on
    edited April 2010
    I just played a game as Kayle where I was called bad because my shield was on cooldown.

Sure? I guess?

Jasconius on
    edited April 2010
    Well why didn't you save it for them? C'mon now, are you even thinking about what you are doing?!?

Drijen on
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    I think I'm devolving into one of those DoTards that you guys are complaining about.

I don't call people out but when people call me out I just get so RAGE-IFIED THAT I THROW MY CAT INTO A WOODCHIPPER AND AFTERWARDS EJACULATE BLOOD ON THE PILE OF MEOW MIX LEFTOVERS.

Also I sometimes go "you're bad" and such. Fuck I hate this game's community.

I just throw my laptop against a wall.

Nisi on
  • MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When I know someone's doing something dumb, I try to be nice and ask them to stop. Like "Shaco you need to play a little more conservatively, you're dying when you chase."

But then if Shaco's like "lol i know wut im doin mind your own business baddie" I am... less kind.

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jasc is so bad at shield

cheez

TyrantCow on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hey so let's get a thing going

PiptheFair on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i dont ever give people advice or tell them how to play really

i will just demand "stop dying"

INeedNoSalt on
  • MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i dont ever give people advice or tell them how to play really

i will just demand "stop dying"

Well, I'm also in horribly low elo (I'm pretty sure) thanks to my awful W:L record. So sometimes people literally don't know that if you're sivir, and you're laning against blitz, you can't get all ballsy near his tower.

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also I got into a TT today where both my team mates left within five minutes.

INeedNoSalt on