As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Party at Sealab Party (updated 7/10)

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right NowDrives a BuickModerator mod
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
sealabparty.jpg
Bathroom Sponsored by Technomancer Press... seriously

Wait... what? The reference to Sealab dates back to PAX05, I had been partying for a time on the night in question, and upon the several returns to my room, I exclaimed, "Meanwhile, back at Sealab!" Thusly the room became known as Sealab (mostly only to me and the two other people staying with me). Last year, we booked three rooms for maximum party and room-share efficiency. This party was referred to as the Party at Sealab, and to make it easier for people to find, I put a sign on the door that said "Sealab" (although I won't be doing that this year, I'll explain below). That party was consistently moving between two of our rooms, so moving of the sign was necessary. This year it is the Party at Sealab Party, the extra party is there because I felt like adding it, and so it shall be.

Where will you be? This year I have a suite booked at the Crowne Plaza, further room details will released as they are available.

When does this happen? Friday night after PAX closes is the big main party. Saturday we're having a smaller invite party.

How do I find you? There will be a few ways to find me. I'll be at the Pre-PAX dinner on Thursday night in the 6:30 seating wave, that will probably be your best chance to find me and hound me for information. Get the room number from me at that time to avoid having to track me through a sea of people inside of PAX. Another way to find the party is to ask around, somebody else will have heard of the party, and more than likely will know where it is. Also, it's always good etiquette to bring some alcohol with you, if you don't want to carry it out in the open, a backpack always makes a good booze-concealing device. Also, participation in the Alcohol Exchange Network is a good way to help us fill our bathtub with PNW microbrews, Canadian beer and liquor.

What's this about Technomancer Press sponsoring your bathroom? That's right. Tony Hellman, CEO of Technomancer Press has expressed interest in sponsoring the Party at Sealab Party's bathroom, and we agreed to it. Why the bathroom you ask? Well for the comedic value of course. Any company can sponsor a party, Technomancer Press is sponsoring a party's bathroom and will be holding a geek trivia contest during Sealab to give out some free stuff to a few lucky people. Study your D&D, XHTML, WoW, and PA. A working knowledge of a Brief History of Time wouldn't hurt either.

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

• DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm in. Again.

Doc on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If im not too dead after I close up the PC room everyday ill be there :D

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I dunno man.... I might be busy partying with all these cool gamer types in the room I'm staying in.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You know I'm down.

b0wser on
  • RCars2RCars2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Im always game for getting liquored, count me in.

RCars2 on
    carlinsig.png
    edited April 2007
    Considering that I was motivated to launch the Canadian Supertrip because Moe said he'd smack me in the face and not let me come and party for '07 if I didn't, I look forward to it.

b0wser on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    Oh man, I've been trying to remember exactly what I said to motivate you for like two weeks now.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2007
    "There's like, a lot of Canadians here. It's not hard to organize them, so just do it. If you don't, I'll just smack you in the face."
    "I don't want a smack in the face"
    "So do it."

that's pretty much the jist of it as best I can recall.

b0wser on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I turn 21 shortly after PAX ends but I plan to bring a cake and celebrate it as much as I can on one of those nights.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • merrymoocowmerrymoocow Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm planning on being there with some good liquor.

merrymoocow on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh you know Astayonix and myself are in. I just hope I don't wind up with some drunk linebacker trying to cuddle me like last year. *shiver* That was so awkward, because I was afraid that if I told him definitively to back off, he might have snapped my spine in a drunken linebacker rage...

Watching somewhat hot girls make out made up for that though... and I'll try to keep Astayonix from cockblocking you like she did to some degree last year.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • xeroismygodxeroismygod Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I would like to attend and can have plenty of liquor in tow.

xeroismygod on
  • HeliosphanHeliosphan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    sweet! i've been trying to make my mind up about which hotel to stay at and was torn between the sheraton and crowne, so the crowne it is if thats where the heavy drinking will be getting done.
    if any one's looking for a good drinking partner, i'm game. i'm bringing some good booze from my homeland that may get you fucked up hehe...of course that is if you don't mind the thick scottish accent and possibly foul language, i'm prone to do that from time to time....

Heliosphan on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    just as many parties will be at the sheraton. That has the largest group of pax hotels there. Plus its only 2 minutes from pax :P
    But if you want to be near this party the crowne plaza is the place to stay.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • HeliosphanHeliosphan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    BigRed wrote: »
    just as many parties will be at the sheraton. That has the largest group of pax hotels there. Plus its only 2 minutes from pax :P

Well, thats good because it looks as if it will have to be the sheraton, as the crowne seems to be booked for the days i want, either way i will be drinking.....alot

also, if anyone has spare space in their hotel room i'd be happy to share and willing to pay my share or whatever. i'm travelling by myself and don't know anyone ><

Heliosphan on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Heliosphan wrote: »

Well, thats good because it looks as if it will have to be the sheraton, as the crowne seems to be booked for the days i want, either way i will be drinking.....alot

also, if anyone has spare space in their hotel room i'd be happy to share and willing to pay my share or whatever. i'm travelling by myself and don't know anyone ><

I think that you should make a post in the "Official 'I need a place to crash' thread", and check out the "Official 'I have extra hotel space' thread. Even though Moe kinda just destroyed that thread with his off-topicness.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited April 2007
    Qs23 wrote: »

I think that you should make a post in the "Official 'I need a place to crash' thread", and check out the "Official 'I have extra hotel space' thread. Even though Moe kinda just destroyed that thread with his off-topicness.

I'm incredibly bad about going off topic myself. I don't mean to, I blame you guys for being so awesome to talk to. :D

</asskissing>

BrokenAngel on
  • merrymoocowmerrymoocow Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    sweet! i've been trying to make my mind up about which hotel to stay at and was torn between the sheraton and crowne, so the crowne it is if thats where the heavy drinking will be getting done.
    if any one's looking for a good drinking partner, i'm game. i'm bringing some good booze from my homeland that may get you fucked up hehe...of course that is if you don't mind the thick scottish accent and possibly foul language, i'm prone to do that from time to time....

Oh man the scottish accent would probably make it all the more better. I'll totally be ur drinking buddy if your looking for one. Me and my bro are probably gonna be looking for someone to split the cost of our room with so if you wanna stay with us ur more than welcome to, although we haven't actually booked our room yet cause we're short on funds til the summer jobs kick in. Anyways what else should I say? ummm I love to drink but I'm no hero so around the 11th or 12 round I might have to call it quits.

merrymoocow on
    edited April 2007
    You can book your room now and they won't charge anything or put a hold on your card until you either check in or fail to check in without a few day's notice. I booked my room in Feb.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• MattyPMattyP Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Woah, haven't posted anything in a bit...here is better than anywhere else I suppose.

The Party at Sealab party sounds like a great way to meet even more people. I'll definitely try and be there.

I'll be bringing some Bawls, definitely. I think I've said it before, but I actually found a single supplier of Bawls up here, it's a Mac's right near my house. Only place in town that I know of, and I ended up going on a pilgrimage to find the stuff too.

Thing is, I suppose that it's supposed to be an alcohol party, but...the American drinking age...she is too high!

Ah well, Bawls for me. Never did like beer anyway...I've heard some crazy residence stories from a friend, one of which involved two of his friends, one friend's outstretched arm, ninja stars/shurikens, a chef knife, and lots of beer/alcohol. Do I need to elaborate?

MattyP on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    MattyP wrote: »
    Woah, haven't posted anything in a bit...here is better than anywhere else I suppose.

The Party at Sealab party sounds like a great way to meet even more people. I'll definitely try and be there.

I'll be bringing some Bawls, definitely. I think I've said it before, but I actually found a single supplier of Bawls up here, it's a Mac's right near my house. Only place in town that I know of, and I ended up going on a pilgrimage to find the stuff too.

Thing is, I suppose that it's supposed to be an alcohol party, but...the American drinking age...she is too high!

Ah well, Bawls for me. Never did like beer anyway...I've heard some crazy residence stories from a friend, one of which involved two of his friends, one friend's outstretched arm, ninja stars/shurikens, a chef knife, and lots of beer/alcohol. Do I need to elaborate?

Shit MattyP, I wonder if I could load up the trunk with a couple of cases of Bawls when I pick your ass up.

It would be like a cheap Dukes of Hazzard knock off.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • ChuweroChuwero Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This is going to be my first time at PAX. I can't wait to have a whole weekend of games, partying and drinking.

I plan on buying a big bottle of gin at the duty free on my way out to Seattle. Sealab sounds like the perfect place to consume it!

Chuwero on
    edited April 2007
    MattyP: There is no place you are going to find Bawls cheaper than PAX itself. They only charge $20 a case which makes each bottle less than $1. You'll have no problem getting them on the first day. (Sometimes they sell out on the last day, but I think they've managed to stop underestimating because they didn't sell out last year.)

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited April 2007
    MattyP: There is no place you are going to find Bawls cheaper than PAX itself. They only charge $20 a case which makes each bottle less than $1. You'll have no problem getting them on the first day. (Sometimes they sell out on the last day, but I think they've managed to stop underestimating because they didn't sell out last year.)

Oh they so sold out last year.... Unless lots of people were pulling my leg...which happens sometimes.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, I was told they were out too, I forget what day it was, but when I went up there for Bawls, all they had left were SnoBawls, made me sad because I wanted a case or two to take home.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2007
    Huh, I distinctly remember getting a case at the end... maybe I got from a scalper and forgot...

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • MattyPMattyP Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    And that would be why I wasn't going to risk going up to the Bawls booth and them saying "sorry, we're sold out of Bawls." I might take that risk in trying to bring a case back with me, because I don't really care if I bring one back or not. As long as I get some Bawls for the trip, I'll be happy.

Qs23: I'll inform the store that they're going to need at least 2 cases of Bawls in mid-august. :P

MattyP on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    They're never sold out on the first day. Do what you like, but buying beforehand at higher prices is really paranoid.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited April 2007
    That's a given, however, we could totally use some Bawls for the ride across the country.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2007
    Granted. I neglected to consider that aspect.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • StifinStifin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm definetly getting a case of bawls for the drive. (And some red bull for that "oh shit I can't keep my eyes open and there's wildlife everywhere" period). And I'll probably end up bringing back a case of Bawls or two this year since I'll actually have a way to bring it back.

Stifin on
    "The most aesthetically pleasing kick in the balls in the history of modern cinema" -William Goldman

banner.png
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i'll be there (with my homemade beer buddies!)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

Is the beer homemade, or the buddies? If the former, what kind is it?

anable on
    edited April 2007
    I home brew all my friends from only the finest ingedients.

BrokenAngel on
  • xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I don't drink...but can i still come?

xxhennersxx on
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm under age, but only by a year. But I've been drinking for like 5 years. Can I come?

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
    edited May 2007
    I'm gonna say yes, xxhennersxx and to ZeroZero, just pretend you're canadian ;-)

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

Any chance on talking you into brewing some Sealab beer? Might I suggest something powerful, with just a little oomph (and maybe some caffeine). Just give me the dimensions and I'll come up with a cool label for it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I will be bringing some of my very own drinks as well. More info to come.

TomExMachina on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'll be there for a third year, but a little less creepy from a few people towards the GFs. Echo was really creeped out by that one guy, we all know who I'm, talking about. That guy was all sorts of high/itputsthelotionofitsskinorelseitgetsthehoseagain O.o

Shade on
This discussion has been closed.