As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Just Cause 2: Causing Harder

• AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh geez. I did that in GTA IV by doing it at one go and waypointing the markers when they popped up on the map (they only appeared immediately after you went under one you hadn't already been under, and disappeared something like 20 seconds later).

Guess I'll have to notepad it too now D:

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Peff wrote: »
    Ayulin wrote: »
    I've taken to recording bridge coordinates as I pass them so I can do the limbo thing later.

Limbo thing?

Aye, Bridge Limbo. Achievement for flying an airplane (heli's don't count) under every bridge in Panau. I believe the achievement reads 31 unique bridges.

It's 30 bridges... and there are way more than 30 in this game. Some of the bridges are so small, you can only get that mini-jet agency plane under them.

Ratsult2 on
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, definitely more than 30 bridges in the game. You can even fly underneath the highway overpasses in the middle of a landmass and get credited for bridge limbo (I've no idea how I manged to achieve that).

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Ayulin wrote: »
    I've taken to recording bridge coordinates as I pass them so I can do the limbo thing later.

Limbo thing?

Aye, Bridge Limbo. Achievement for flying an airplane (heli's don't count) under every bridge in Panau. I believe the achievement reads 31 unique bridges.

It's 30 bridges... and there are way more than 30 in this game. Some of the bridges are so small, you can only get that mini-jet agency plane under them.

I did most of the bridges in the green jet. I found it much easier than even that small plane you get for race challenges. For bridges with posts too close together, I had to fly sideways.

Edit: And for people who say the challenges give too much time, it's clearly so there is enough room to be awesome. Was on checkpoint 17/21 on a land race when my Titus sports car drove off the edge of a huge bridge. In most games, that would spell "restart" right there, but in Just Cause 2, I bailed, parachuted back onto the bridge, and highjacked a cab to finish the race... with a minute to spare.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Renzo wrote: »
    Any differences between the PS3 and 360 versions, other than YouTube functionality on the PS3?

For real though.

Renzo on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Any differences between the PS3 and 360 versions, other than YouTube functionality on the PS3?

For real though.

That's pretty much it. The graphics might be better, but I wouldn't know.

Figgy on
  • PeffPeff Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

For real though.

360 triggers don't suck?

Outside of that, just the youtube thing I believe.

Peff on
    steam_sig.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Amazingly, neither do the PS3 ones

Get the PS3 version Renzo, it's awesome

UnbreakableVow on
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aside from the youtube thing just the normal differences (controller, trophy/achievements).

Yay, Bridge of Death complete! I only need to finish 5 more races and I will have done them all with the vehicle they give you. I'm surprised at how fun these races are. Most of them have something unique about them. Some of the boat ones are hilarious. Why is it leading me to a dead end? Oh... so I launch the boat up the ramp, across the busy road (knock a guy off his motorcycle), and skid for about 10 seconds down the beach on the other side... awesome.

Ratsult2 on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Perhaps I should reconsider my "open world game, never do races" stance?

-SPI- on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Perhaps I should reconsider my "open world game, never do races" stance?

Shit, you should also reconsider doing missions that aren't Agency missions while you're at it

But yeah, I've only attempted plane races once, and I quickly regretted it

UnbreakableVow on
    edited April 2010
    Plane races are only frustrating because of the lack of yaw. Hopefully that gets patched in.

Figgy on
  • LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You sometimes get the little zippy plane, and that's not too bad, but the huge jet is awful. You have to be lined up about a mile before you hit a ring, or you'll never turn in time. Better to waste the cash and order in the Agency plane than attempt it with that.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    seems it's timefor a new thread. See, I'd make it but fuck that. I'm still grumpy from not being able to play this.

Big Classy on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I feel bad for you Isy.
    I looked at my save game.
    Nine hours played, I'm only 6% complete.

Rizzi on
    edited April 2010
    I just managed to hit 20%.

18 hours in.

-SPI- on
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Guys, just fully upgrade the first black market helicopter. You go super fast in it and you can turn properly. It's the only way you should be doing air races. Also, I'm getting the hand of the freefall races. It's all about setting yourself up to parachute sideways through the ring.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There's freefall races?!

Rizzi on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    There's freefall races?!
    Yup.
    A few of them are really easy too, and you always get $20,000. :)

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh, one annoyance I've had with the game is whenever I do the grapple-cars-to-the-ground thing, they always seem to end up right side up. I want them to flip over and explode. Just cause.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
    edited April 2010
    Y'know what, lah. I don't think I've enjoyed voice acting in a game this much since Farcry 2, lah.
    ...Serdadu.

Also, thinking about it now. I'm pretty sure the only times I have ever stopped a vehicle and gotten out has been for missions. Every other vehicle I've used the entire time I've been playing I have lept off or out of and has ploughed into something at high speed and exploded or fallen out of the sky. Fuck yes.

-SPI- on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Y'know what, lah. I don't think I've enjoyed voice acting in a game this much since Farcry 2, lah.
    ...Serdadu.

It's amazing how this game is a polar opposite in voice actor quality as to, say, Mass Effect 2 with its Martin Sheens and Keith Davids, yet is just as enjoyable.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The freefall races fucked me good... I could never hit the second ring and BAM time`s up.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Guys, just fully upgrade the first black market helicopter. You go super fast in it and you can turn properly.

Also, machine guns.

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh, one annoyance I've had with the game is whenever I do the grapple-cars-to-the-ground thing, they always seem to end up right side up. I want them to flip over and explode. Just cause.
    Yes. That and the fact that the dudes hanging out the side of the jeep seem to magically cling to them despite it doing six full rotations in the air before landing perfectly on all four wheels kind of grinds my gears.

But then I shoot them in the head and all is right with the world again.

Halfmex on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    dem particle effects

Nuzak on
    edited April 2010
    The freefall races fucked me good... I could never hit the second ring and BAM time`s up.

One tip: They aren't really free fall races. You are allowed to use your parachute.

Figgy on
  • CoolTrainerCoolTrainer Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, here's my first video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUzzY54gt0

I love this game.

CoolTrainer on
    League of Legends ID: Cloogr

3DS / Pokemon XY: 0774-5590-9276
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Figgy wrote: »

One tip: They aren't really free fall races. You are allowed to use your parachute.

Hum, that sounds good.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2010
    aw man, you gave up trying to manually grab it and grappled it in the end

pity

Nuzak on
    edited April 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    aw man, you gave up trying to manually grab it and grappled it in the end

pity

I know....but I will not fail again.

CoolTrainer on

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh shiiit, the PS3 youtube feature saves the last 30 seconds?

Okay yeah, PS3 it is.

Renzo on
    edited April 2010
    Well, here's what happened on my second attempt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpwxlM-Q6i4

CoolTrainer on

edited April 2010
    oh dear

Nuzak on
  • Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I did not see that coming.

Hilarious none the less.

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • freelancepolicefreelancepolice Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've been capturing footage with FRAPS and bar my very first upload, they all appear with garbled static and green. Does youtube not support native FRAPS AVI captures?

Do I need to change some aspect ratio on them? They play fine in windows.

freelancepolice on
    steam_sig.png
  • MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've been capturing footage with FRAPS and bar my very first upload, they all appear with garbled static and green. Does youtube not support native FRAPS AVI captures?

Do I need to change some aspect ratio on them? They play fine in windows.
    Fraps uses it's own proprietary codec. You need to encode the video into something that youtube can handle first.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A codec which Handbrake, unfortunately, can not read.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Virtualdub had worked for me in the past.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png