As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting PC to recognize Windows 7 partition [SOLVED]

cooljammer00cooljammer00 HeySmall Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Couldn't think of a good title to catch the eye, but I basically needed to install XP onto a separate partition on my Windows 7 machine. I followed the steps, including disabling SATA in the BIOS. But now the computer only seems to recognize that I have XP installed. How would I boot into the other part of the hard drive with Windows 7 on it?

I read somewhere that this is an issue that some people have faced because older versions of Windows don't recognize newer ones? Anyway, I'd really like to be able to dual boot properly.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
cooljammer00 on

• Options
    EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    When you installed Windows XP you should have seen if you could have got drivers for the sATA.

Also, you can tell it to boot into windows 7 or xp by pushing a key to bring up the boot mgner.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I found some guides to fix this online, but I wouldn't put this as solved yet.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00