As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Just Cause 2: Causing Harder

1575859606163»

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just got the game. Playing on Casual, because I like to dick around in games like these. (Red Faction Guerilla, Prototype, basically every open world game that's not from Rockstar)

I'm just trying to do normal chaotic open-world stuff, but since I have so little ammo and I don't really have the hang of the grappling hook & parachute, it's not very fun.

Should I move forward with the story, build up my weapons and such so that I can cause some Van Damage? What am I missing?

Renzo on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Get used to the grappling hook and parachute, first of all

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Get used to the grappling hook and parachute, first of all

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There's more than enough ammo. Make sure that one of your small arms is a pistol、and you should be using grenades to do explosive damage since triggered explosives are rare. For the first part of the game, if one of your weapons is running low on ammo, don't be afraid to just drop it for whatever else is nearby. In a pinch, grapple an enemy and drag them so they're next to you, beat them to death and just take their weapon. Generally speaking, having the same weapon in both hands is unwise, since it means you'll simply eat through your ammo supply twice as fast. I personally carry a sawed off shotgun and SMG, but I think SMG and pistol is the most popular combo. Once you gain the ability you'll be able to hold more ammo in the gun, taking off most of the pressure to find reloads.

And as the others are saying, learn how to use the grapple and parachute. When you're reeling yourself in with the grapple, hit X (PS3) and your parachute will come out. Then, if you grapple around it's easy to climb up and you can glide more or less indefinitely. This isn't a great way for going long distances though, airplanes are much better for that. Parachute grappling is extremely important in action sequences too, when you're outnumbered and need to make a quick escape. Also, simply climbing around the mountains and then descending on your parachute into a small town in a valley is pretty fun as well.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I prefer a revolver and a SMG. You unlock the revolver pretty quickly and it's rather decent.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    SpinkSpink Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Something to easily go from fraps -> youtube is windows movie maker it just has a youtube button you can hit with fraps footage open. It comes free with XP but you have to download it (free) with vista or windows 7 I think.

Here is where you get it: http://download.live.com/moviemaker

Quality isn't it's strong point though I believe.

I'm at 70.50% completion though! I think I was at 55% before I even realised Transformers existed and around the same by the time I'd seen my first mobile radar station

Spink on
  • Options
    freelancepolicefreelancepolice Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for your help all, here's your reward: a slightly iffy video of the ai being stupid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAWx9fPrUbk

freelancepolice on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Since no one was jumping to make the new thread, here it is.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment