As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: Old thread. Go to the new thread.

ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited June 2010 in Games and Technology

FREE STUFF
The following songs are available for free download via the Rock Band Music Store for the PS3, 360, and the Wii (those not on the Wii are noted):
  • "Still Alive" by GLaDOS and Jonathan Coulton
  • "Promised Land" by Vesuvius *not on the Wii*
  • "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" by Stephen and the Colberts *not on the Wii*
  • "Headphones On" by Miranda Cosgrove
  • "Dreaming of Love" by Lights Resolve
  • "Am I Crazy" by Little Fish (via RBN)

If you purchased Rock Band 2 brand spanking new, you are entitled to an additional 20 free tracks, mostly from Indie bands. Check the back of the manual for instructions. The code is a one time use. The pack includes:
"Ashes to Fire" by Ghost Hounds
"Bounce" by the Cab
"Burn You Down" by Opiate for the Masses
"Crazy Tuesday" by Thenewno2
"Database Corrupted" by Dealership
"Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" by Underoath
"Get It On" by the Chevelles
"Give It to Me" by the Cocktail Slippers
"I Wanna Be Your Man" by Endeverafter
"I'm Gone, I'm Going" by Lesley Roy
"I.V." by X Japan
"If I Ain't Got You" by the Len Price 3
"Like a Fool" by Shaimus
"Magnetic Baby" by Semi Precious Weapons
"No Regrets" by Authority Zero
"Prequel to the Sequel" by Between the Buried and Me
"Sons and Daughters" by the 88
"The Feeling" by Kutless
"The Time Is Wrong" by Tickle Me Pink
"Young" by Hollywood Undead

ROCK BAND RELEASE DATES
Rock Band
North America: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Europe: Available now in most countries for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Australia: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii depending on the store/location

Rock Band 2
North America: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Europe: Available now for the Xbox 360, PS2, PS3 and the Wii
Australia: No release date yet :(

Rock Band Unplugged
North America: Available now for the PSP
Europe: Available now for the PSP

Lego Rock Band
North America:Available now for PS3, Xbox 360, the Wii, and the DS
UK: November 27th, 2009 for PS3, Xbox 360, the Wii, and the DS

The Beatles: Rock Band
International: Available now for PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii

HARMONIX PODCAST
The podcast is linked up on the 'Zine page of the RockBand.com page. Subscribe via iTunes

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
Rock Band DLC list via WikiPedia
Rock Band Unplugged DLC list via WikiPedia

Albums available for download so far:
Screaming for Vengeance by Judas Priest
The Cars by the Cars
Doolittle by the Pixies
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying by Megadeth
Moving Pictures by Rush
Blood Sugar Sex Magick by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dr. Feelgood by Mötley Crüe
The Colour and the Shape by the Foo Fighters
The Singles 1992-2003 by No Doubt
Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
Ten by Pearl Jam
Chinese Democracy by Guns 'n Roses
Nothing's Shocking by Jane's Addiction
Back from the Dead by Spinal Tap
Backspacer by Pearl Jam
Rust in Peace by Megadeth
Axis: Bold as Love by the Jimi Hendrix Experience
Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt
British Steel 30th Anniversary by Judas Priest
The Great Southern Trendkill by Pantera

PLAYING WITH PA FOLKS

New Google Spreadsheet link in the main RB thread.

========================

Rock Band 3
Q4 2010
Xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo Wii, and a DS version

rockband30610x-large.jpg

WHAT'S THIS?
Rock Band 3 will include several new features to the current selection of gameplay modes:
  • Vocal Harmonies - Continuing from Beatles Rock Band and into Green Day Rock Band, these are now a staple allowing up to three people to sing three distinct parts.
  • Keyboards - An actual midi keyboard will be sold that can be worn like a keytar. Two full octaves.
  • Hook Up Your E-Kit/Keyboard - Got an electronic keyboard or an electronic drumkit? A converter box will be sold to allow the use of your own real gear!
  • Revamped World Tour Mode - What has been mentioned is that you can go on actual tours through cities and play through setlists rather than just sitting in one area and clearing out setlists.
  • Drop In and Out - Players can jump in or out of songs without interrupting a song already in progress. They can also change instruments or difficulty settings during a song without pausing.
  • Pro Mode - Learn to play songs with actual instruments! Will have it's own difficulty tier and two versions of guitars will be sold, one with 100+ fret buttons and an actual guitar with touch sensors.
  • Song Filtering - With the new system, "you can say, 'only show me songs in Rock Band 3' or 'only songs under three minutes' or 'Eighties metal songs from my (downloadable) collection,' " Teasdale says. "It's a really cool way to take your full library down to a manageable list of songs."

SONG LIST
2000s
"Oh My God" by Ida Maria
"Me Enamora" by Juanes
"Combat Baby" by Metric
"Lasso" by Phoenix
"Portions for Foxes" Rilo Kiley
"Dead End Friends" by Them Crooked Vultures
"Get Free" by the Vines
"The Hardest Button to Button" by the White Stripes

1990s
"Been Caught Stealing" by Jane's Addiction
"Walkin' on the Sun" by Smash Mouth
"In the Meantime" by Spacehog
"Plush" by Stone Temple Pilots

1980s
"Just Like Heaven" by the Cure
"Rainbow in the Dark" by Dio
"The Power of Love" Huey Lewis and the News
"I Love Rock 'n' Roll" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
"Sister Christian" by Night Ranger
"Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne
"Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake

1970s
"Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

1960s
"Break On Through" by The Doors
"Crosstown Traffic" by Jimi Hendrix

========================

The Beatles Rock Band
09/09/09
Xbox 360, PS3, and the Wii
The_Beatles_Rock_Band_box_art.jpg
WHAT'S IN IT?
  • Compatibility - Due to restrictions by Apple, on-disc and DLC tracks for the Beatles Rock Band will not be compatible with any other Rock Band game.
  • Harmonies - Two additional people can sing back up vocals. All microphones are tied to one controller allowing for any combination of singers, potentially up to 6 people (3 singers, 3 instruments) can play because of this.
  • Overdrive/Beatlemania! - Due to restrictions by Apple, it seems the freestyle drum fill to activate Overdrive/Beatlemania! on drums no longer exists. Instead, you're given a glowing green gem to hit to activate it minus the drum fill.
  • Effects - Guitar switch effects are disabled in-game. Whammy doesn't always produce a modified noise. Most of this has to do with the lack of split tracks. Opening/Closing drum fills are silenced as well.
  • Unlockable media - Never before seen videos, photos, and other neat goodies relating to the Fab Four.
  • Dreamscapes - While the game follows the Beatles' career at the start, they end up being cooped up in Abbey Road Studios in the later half. In order to present better visuals than just strumming in the studio, Harmonix has gone ahead and created these dreamscapes - imagined cinematics of the song that plays out while you play.
  • Downloadable Albums - Abbey Road has been announced to be the first full album with more full albums to come after the game's release. See below for release dates and albums.
  • New Instruments - Based on the Beatles' own gear:
    • John Lennon’s Rickenbacker 325 guitar
    • Sir Paul McCartney’s trademark Höfner bass
    • George Harrison’s Gretsch Duo Jet guitar
    • Ringo Starr’s drums with classic black oyster pearl finish and Ludwig-branded Beatles kick drum head

Hidden Photos
Unlock some hidden photos that show some bonus Beatles photos along with development artwork and planning by quickly entering this at the start menu:Blue, Yellow, Orange, Orange, Orange, Blue, Blue, Blue, Yellow, Orange.

Tracklist
* I Saw Her Standing There
* Boys
* Do You Want To Know A Secret
* Twist And Shout
* I Wanna Be Your Man
* I Want to Hold Your Hand
* A Hard Day’s Night
* Can’t Buy Me Love
* I Feel Fine
* Eight Days A Week
* Ticket To Ride
* Day Tripper
* Drive My Car
* I’m Looking Through You
* If I Needed Someone
* Paperback Writer
* Taxman
* Yellow Submarine
* And Your Bird Can Sing
* Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
* With a Little Help from My Friends
* Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
* Getting Better
* Good Morning Good Morning
* I Am The Walrus
* Hello Goodbye
* Revolution
* Back In The U.S.S.R.
* Dear Prudence
* While My Guitar Gently Weeps
* Birthday
* Helter Skelter
* Hey Bulldog
* Don’t Let Me Down
* Come Together
* Something
* Octopus’s Garden
* I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
* Here Comes The Sun
* Dig A Pony
* I Me Mine
* I’ve Got A Feeling
* Get Back
* Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows
* The End

Album DLC
Beatles_-_Abbey_Road.jpg
Abbey Road (1969)
Release Date: October 20, 2009
Pricing: $16.98 (or 1360 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for album
$1.99 (or 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for individual tracks

• “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer”
• “Oh! Darling”
• “Because”
• “You Never Give Me Your Money”
• “Sun King”
• “Mean Mr. Mustard”
• “Polythene Pam”
• “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window”
• “Golden Slumbers”
• “Carry That Weight”
• “Her Majesty”

In addition, purchasers of the full album download of Abbey Road will have the option to play the famous 16-minute B-side medley as a single continuous track. The medley includes “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End."

Peppers.jpg
Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
Release Date: November 16th, 2009

• “Fixing A Hole”
• “She’s Leaving Home”
• “Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite”
• “Within You Without You”
• “When I’m Sixty Four”
• “Lovely Rita”
• “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)”
• “A Day In The Life”

RubberSoulUK.jpg
Rubber Soul (1965)
Release Date: December 15th, 2009

• “Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)”
• “You Won’t See Me”
• “Nowhere Man”
• “Think For Yourself”
• “The Word”
• “Michelle”
• “What Goes On”
• “Girl”
• “In My Life”
• “Wait”
• “Run For Your Life”

========================

Lego Rock Band
Available now
Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and DS
Lego_Rock_Band.jpg
WHAT'S IN IT?
  • Exportable - The entire setlist will be exportable to your hard drive (just like Rock Band) for about $10 (PS3 & 360). Requires a code packed in PS3 and Xbox 360 carts.
  • Importable - Some current Rock Band DLC will be playable in Lego Rock Band once it goes through a content filter.
  • Difficulty - The game is targeting the younger crowd and/or families. As such the difficulty curve is set much lower. This includes Super Easy mode.
  • Gameplay - While the music sections maintain the usual Rock Band gameplay, there are Lego specific challenges that have your band create/destroy buildings. You will also collect Lego Bricks to build and customize your avatars and your "rock den."
  • Nintendo DS version - The handheld version for the DS will be quite similar to the PSP's RB Unplugged. You will switch between the four instruments and play with four buttons.
  • No Online multiplayer - Console versions have no online multiplayer. The DS version offers local, cart required multiplayer.
  • Lego-ized Rockers - Iggy Pop, David Bowie, Blur, Spinal Tap, Queen and others appear in the game.

45 Master Tracks
* = song appears on DS version
"A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend*
"Accidentally In Love" by Counting Crows*
"Aliens Exist" by Blink 182
"Breakout" by Foo Fighters
"Check Yes Juliet" by We the Kings*
"Crash" by the Primatives*
"Crocodile Rock" by Elton John
"Dig" by Incubus
"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" by the Police
"Fire" by Jimi Hendrix
"Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty*
"Dreaming of You" by the Coral
"Grace" by Supergrass*
"Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr.*
"Girls and Boys" by Good Charlotte*
"I Want You Back" by Jackson 5*
"In Too Deep" by Sum 41*
"Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas*
"Let's Dance" by David Bowie*
"Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts*
"Make Me Smile" by Steve Harly
"Monster" by the Automatic*
"Naïve" by the Kooks
"The Passenger" by Iggy Pop*
"Real Wild Child" by Everlife
"Ride a White Swan" by T. Rex
"Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)" by Lostprophets
"Ruby" by Kaiser Chiefs*
"Short & Sweet" by Spinal Tap
"So What" by P!nk*
"Song 2" by Blur
"Stumble and Fall" by Razorlight
"Suddenly I See" by KT Tunstall*
"Summer of 69" by Brian Adams
"Swing, Swing" by the All-American Rejects*
"The Final Countdown" by Europe*
"Thunder" by Boys Like Girls
"Tick Tick Boom" by the Hives
"Two Princes" by Spin Doctors*
"Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves*
"We Are The Champions" by Queen*
"We Will Rock You" by Queen*
"Word Up!" by Korn
"You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi

========================

Rock Band Network
Available now on LIVE
Xbox 360 - All features
PS3 & Wii - Limited DLC from RBN after it goes on LIVE, PS3 might get the full RBN later on

Rock-band-network-logo.jpg
WHAT'S THIS?
WikiPedia wrote:
The Rock Band Network is a system designed by Harmonix Music Systems with the help of Microsoft to allow musical artists and record labels to make their music available as playable tracks for the Rock Band series of rhythm video games. The Network was designed to allow more music to be incorporated into Rock Band than Harmonix themselves could produce, and it is seen as a way to further expand the games' music catalog into a wide variety of genres. The Network is set to start beta testing in September 2009, with it becoming publicly available to all Xbox 360 players in November; Harmonix hopes to be able to also bring these songs to the PlayStation 3 and Wii consoles.

The Rock Band Network is based on the XNA Creators Club model and uses peer review to check songs for playability, copyright violations, and profanity. Harmonix has developed a suite of software tools, including a modified version of REAPER, a digital audio sound tool, and Magma, a metadata packaging tool, for use by artists and labels. In addition, Harmonix has helped to spawn the creation of several third-party companies, based on the previous hacking environment for the creation of custom songs, that will author an artist's song into a Rock Band track. Artists retain full control on their songs, and receive 30% of the sales from the Network. Several artists and labels have already committed to expanding the distribution of their music through the network.

WHAT BANDS ARE DOING THIS?
This obviously gives smaller, indie bands a venue for some cash. There is a list up on the Rock Band forums of bands and labels who may be putting songs up on the Rock Band Network. Expect to see more from Harmonix bands, Johnathan Coulton, and plenty of Indie bands.

I HAVE A BAND!
Great! Have a look at the process and tool you will need over on the RBN page.

HOW DO I USE THIS NOW THAT IT IS LIVE?
As long as you have an Xbox 360, Rock Band 2, and LIVE, the Rock Band Network Store should be under the Music Store after you press start on the opening screen. From there you can preview all the songs, download demos, and buy songs. The demo is basically 30 seconds from the beginning of the song where you can play for free. If you pause the song in there, you can purchase it. Songs purchased from the RBN will show up as their own category in song selection with a tiny RBN logo. RBN tracks can't be played in Tour Challenge mode or via mystery setlists.

I HAVE A PS3/WII AND I CAN'T GET THIS!?
Hold on there. Let's get this out of the way before you start getting the wrong idea. The reason why the RBN is focused on the 360 side is because the tools for developing it were there. LIVE has XNA which allowed for this to happen. Using this service in order to create DLC, having a pricing/royalty setup already, and being allowed to go through the steps to post things on the marketplace thanks to Microsoft allowing Harmonix to self-police RBN content means that everything will run smooth. Neither Nintendo nor Sony allow for such a thing, for the time being. As such, Harmonix will select the top tracks from the RBN and bring them over to the other systems. There have been talks that Harmonix was looking to set up RBN on the PSN if at least to have the DLC available but nothing concrete on either side has been mentioned.

LIST OF RBN SONGS

========================

Green Day Rock Band
June 8th, 2010
Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii
Green_Day_Rock_Band.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N43SZIbcfvc

WHAT'S THIS?
Basically a game covering lots of Green Day and nothing else. A bit similar to Beatles Rock Band but the amount of polish is yet to be seen. So far the only things we've been shown is that "American Idiot" is playable, it is compatible with all Green Day DLC on the Rock Band Music Store, and that it will have loads of Green Day tracks.

WHAT'S IN IT?
  • Tracklist - Currently, 47 on-disc songs have been promised (if you count Brain Stew/Jaded as two). This is not including any current/future Green Day DLC which will be compatible with this game.
  • Vocal Harmonies - This has been carried over from the Beatles Rock Band to allow multiple vocalists for some tracks.
  • Fully Exportable - It has been confirmed that this game will be fully exportable to allow its tracks to be played on Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and some tracks for Lego Rock Band, of course with a small fee. Pre-ordering at Gamestop will waive this fee via a code.

SOUNDTRACK
These are the songs that have been confirmed:

Dookie
"Basket Case"
"Coming Clean"
"Chump"
"Burnout"
"Emenius Sleepus"
"F.O.D."
"Having a Blast"
"In The End"
"Longview"
"Pulling Teeth"
"Sassafrass Roots"
"She"
"Welcome to Paradise"
"When I Come Around"

Insomniac
"Brain Stew/Jaded"
"Geek Stink Breath"

Nimrod
"Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"
"Hitchin' a Ride"
"Nice Guys Finish Last"

Warning
"Minority"
"Warning"

American Idiot
"American Idiot"
"Are We the Waiting"
"Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
"Extraordinary Girl"
"Give Me Novacaine"
"Holiday"
"Homecoming"
"Jesus of Suburbia"
"Letterbomb"
"She's a Rebel"
"St. Jimmy"
"Wake Me Up When September Ends"
"Whatsername"

21st Century Breakdown
"21st Century Breakdown"
"American Eulogy"
"Before the Lobotomy"
"Horseshoes and Handgrenades"
"Last Night on Earth"
"Murder City"
"Peacemaker"
"Restless Heart Syndrome"
"See the Light"
"Song of the Century"
"The Static Age"
"¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)"

========================

Other Rock Band Games

Rock Band Unplugged for the PSP - Gameplay is similar to Frequency/Amplitude. Has it's own DLC.
Rock Band for the iPhone - Similar to the PSP but can also allow 4-way multiplayer. Also has its own DLC.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
Arikado on

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Where is the Kidz Bop version of Meant to Live

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arikado, there's a 6th free song that just got released...by, uh....The Left Foot? Or something like that. I downloaded it. Wasn't very fun, but it was free.

metaghost on
  • Options
    DsmartDsmart Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can't remember the last time I dug a rock band/GH game out of closet during party--no one wants to play em' anymore :cry:

Dsmart on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Am I Crazy by Little Fish. According to Keldon, it's absolutely killing the 'pay for play' songs from that band. It's very 'meh'.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is that the first time we got a free track AND pay tracks from the same band in the same week?

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Picked up my 7th full album earlier this week, snagging Nothing's Shocking. Pretty great stuff, for the most part. Also, managed to pass a bunch of the Who pack songs playing both X drums and hard vocals simultaneously by the skin of my teeth. Surprisingly out of the stuff I did, "Sea and Sand" was the hardest -- I could not stay on pitch for the vocals at the end at all.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bought some replacement drums for <£20.

Shouldn't have to really, but all we get in Europe is the RB1 shit kit.

Better get some new gear with RB3.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Is that the first time we got a free track AND pay tracks from the same band in the same week?

I believe it's also the only time we've ever had an individual song released as free and had other songs specifically credited to them. Jonathan Coulton might be the exception depending on if you feel Still Alive is more about Portal or not.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/03/green-day-rock-band-features-all-of-american-idiot/
    In a recent interview with G4TV, Harmonix's Chris Foster revealed that Green Day's dumbest album will be featured in its entirety in the band's upcoming dedicated rhythm game. Yes, Green Day: Rock Band will feature all 13 tracks from the rock outfit's 2004 album "American Idiot," which features the song "American Idiot," which starts, "Don't wanna be an American Idiot."

We know there are plenty of youngsters who prefer "American Idiot," but we'd much rather hear that all of "Dookie" or "Insomniac" would be included in the game. Or all of "Vox Humana." Which -- nope, wait. Yeah, that's Kenny Loggins. We mixed up Green Day and Kenny Loggins again.

Wonder if Dookie is all in there as well...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The leaked lists indicated a heavy dookie presence

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Dookie and Insomniac are both expected to be heavily represented. American Idiot probably gets a heavy presence at the band's (or just Billy Joe's) insistence.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    And isnt their latest one also on there? Like half of it, and the other half is DLC.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I dunno how I feel about it. I guess it's awesome we get Letterbomb.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    And isnt their latest one also on there? Like half of it, and the other half is DLC.

I believe so. This is probably the biggest support to the argument that Green Day doesn't 'deserve' a whole disc.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Only the Beatles could get away with that.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    American Idiot is awesome, fuck the haters

Though I still don't feel they deserve their own game

But throw American Idiot, Dookie and 21st Century Breakdown at me as full-album downloads and I would eat them up

What I am saying here is that I will totally get the game when it drops to $40 and then do the export and sell the disc

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't mind Green Day but I have zero interest in a game dedicated to them.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I might also reap some Trophies if they are easy

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    More than likely I'll buy it when it hits clearance at Target. I bought GH: Smash Hits a few weeks ago for $10. That's about all it is worth to me.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Anyone here want to share their hidden gems they found through the Rock Band Network? I already picked up Sissyfuss from here, so I am throwing forward

The Heist by DnA's Evolution

Awesome on drums, awesome sounding and only 80 points to boot!

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Living Sacrifice are a Christian hardcore band, by the way, and seeing them on RB would be awesome.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When I think of Christian hardcore, all I can think of is the band that Cartman locks in the janitor's closet in the Christian rock episode of South Park.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    chasm wrote: »
    When I think of Christian hardcore, all I can think of is the band that Cartman locks in the janitor's closet in the Christian rock episode of South Park.

Having not seen it, is it Faith+1? Because that seems to be the only Officially 'acceptable' christian band allowed in Rock Band.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Having not seen it, is it Faith+1? Because that seems to be the only Officially 'acceptable' christian band allowed in Rock Band.

Demon Hunter generally isn't held in that low of a regard.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's always so difficult for me to find a new Rock Band thread before I've posted in it. :P

As with all songs I'm unfamiliar with, I will reserve judgment until I see the charts.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well this is weird, all my trophies got reset. Has this happened to anyone else on Rock Band?

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Try syncing with the servers

It's something that happens to me once in a great while, I'll get a Trophy that I've already gotten, but I'll sync up my account, look at my Trophy card and the number is unchanged

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mechanical wrote: »

I take it they're a real band? I was talking about the Official Forums. As predictable as the coming of a new day, people bitched about a week where there was songs they didn't want. (Or know anything about, which is usually the motivating factor each week.) As soon as it was pointed out that next week was in some way a 'christian' week, it was open season on christian flavoured rock. Eventually they deigned to allow some South Park joke songs instead.

The Forums suck....
    When I capitalise in reference to Them, it usually a sign I'm talking about the Official Forums. If it wouldn't be edited out, adding it to the Wikipedia entry for 'entitlement' wouldn't be out of place.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I synced up my trophies, and I have all the trophies I previously gotten now.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rock Band needs Christian Side Hug.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I take it they're a real band?

They are.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I take it they're a real band?

They are.

Ooh Girl, so fine, all mine, you're like a porcupine! (Say WHUT)

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    One of the only good things from that game.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Except for, you know, most of the rest of the game

YardGnome on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    No, I think you're thinking of something else.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    No, as far as I remember, Brutal Legend was a wonderful, yet flawed game with amazing voice acting and the best game soundtrack ever

YardGnome on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    From what I remember, it was a mess and probably not worth another mention in a Rock Band thread.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    From what I remember, it was a mess and probably not worth another mention in a Rock Band thread.

Last word: Great humor, fun action, shitty RTS action, poor choice of multiplayer/DLC

next topic: need more Coheed & Cambria DLC, the song I liked the most of theirs happens to be 'as made famous by', which made me sad in my pants

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    That's probably the only thing I would want from Coheed. The rest of their stuff isn't for me.

Shady3011 on