As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Les Comics Nouveaux 4-18-07

• deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Flash not sucking makes me happy.

deadonthestreet on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    I don't know why you're all dropping JLA. I thought it was quite good. Meltzer knows how to write dialogue, at least.

Plus, the League and Society playing together is always fun

Garlic Bread on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    I don't know why you're all dropping JLA. I thought it was quite good. Meltzer knows how to write dialogue, at least.

They got hit with the gay

Bloods End on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2007
    I'm waiting until the end of the JLA/JSA arc. But outside of the dialogue, the story hasn't been great, I don't really care all that much about most of the characters on the team (and the issues so far haven't really changed my mind yet) and I haven't liked the art.

Then again, the team on JLA right now is only on for like, two more issues after the Lightning Saga, so I might stick around a bit longer.

And this isn't a reason for dropping the book at all, but god damn, I don't want to pick up any more Michael Turner covers. There was something seriously wrong with Karate Kid's neck and I can't even look at the issue anymore.

DJ Eebs on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    My only problem with JLA is the art. It's not bad, just generic

I did laugh at Val Armorr karate chopping Black Lightning so hard in the neck that his teeth fell out

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    Batman all showing up and like "Hey guys there's a prob- man you bitches are getting played by Mr. Terrific so bad."

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    Man, fuck Robin #161

it's a good story, but then
    Dodge being a dickhole now and apparently Cassie's still evil?

Killa Nilla's still the best, though

Garlic Bread on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I really liked this issue of The Flash

Tony Daniel fits the book perfectly. My only gripe is that Bart seemed like a mix of Wally and Spider-Man in this issue

edit: although "Sorry, couldn't hear you with a tranquilizer dart in your neck." is a great line

Flash is only reading as passable to me, from what I've seen. I think you're contending with lowered expectations.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited April 2007

Tony Daniel fits the book perfectly. My only gripe is that Bart seemed like a mix of Wally and Spider-Man in this issue

edit: although "Sorry, couldn't hear you with a tranquilizer dart in your neck." is a great line

Flash is only reading as passable to me, from what I've seen. I think you're contending with lowered expectations.

man there was nothing wrong with this issue

other than Inertia reminding us that he's from the future every other panel

Garlic Bread on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Should I start reading Robin again? I liked the first OYL story but then dropped it after the stupid team up with the new Captain Boomerang.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    yes

but I'm biased

Garlic Bread on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

man there was nothing wrong with this issue

other than Inertia reminding us that he's from the future every other panel

Nothing wrong, but plenty derivative. I've heard variations of "Couldn't hear you with..." before, and none of the other lines stand out either.

Mostly though, it seems like the protagonist still hasn't established a new personality to make up for the one he lost. Mix of Wally and Spider-Man is right. He's just generic young, but capable hero with a sense of humor.

And there's no excuse for that when Bart Allen's history is completely different from theirs.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited April 2007
    I liked the end of the issue
    he was all "you know what, fuck you guys, I'm The Flash

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007

Meltzer's hard on for Red Tornado is really creepy.

deadonthestreet on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So, X-Factor.
    Is Marrow depowered? I'm guessing so, since she has a bunch of knives instead of using her bones.

In any case, I didn't really think much of her reveal. Can't imagine she'd be much of a threat to Siryn, and certainly not to M.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited April 2007
    So, X-Factor.
    Is Marrow depowered? I'm guessing so, since she has a bunch of knives instead of using her bones.

In any case, I didn't really think much of her reveal. Can't imagine she'd be much of a threat to Siryn, and certainly not to M.
    Was it just me or did Layla and that girl Siryn and M saved seem to know eachother? It looked like Layla was shocked to see her, and when Layla is shocked well.. thats pretty huge.

Also: I love my comic shop, they set aside a copy of the JLA variant cover because they know I hate Turner.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    The Nightwing Annual is worth the $3.99 for the college scene alone.

It was worth the $3.99 because it actually made the whole engagement thing make sense and put it in a good light.

But also because of "I don't know what you did to me, but now I can't feel my legs."

that is one of the best lines ever

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    So why didnt Dick and Babs get married? I didnt buy the annual.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    you should buy it, it's pretty good and actually has a lot of story in it
    Basically Babs wants Dick to become his own man before becoming "Barbara's husband". So they still want to get married but not anytime soon.

Garlic Bread on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith scan the page with the college sex romp so all can enjoy.

Joe Bennett's pencils actually made me wish the DCU would go back a few years, just so Dick and Babs would still be Batgirl and Robin because they looked so damn good.

He needs more work.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited April 2007
    I'm too lazy to unplug stuff to plug my scanner in

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    fine
    koryandherrudetitties.jpg

also:
    thatssomegoodsex.jpg

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    Thanks hun.

Bad Karma on
    edited April 2007
    Basically Babs wants Dick to become his own man before becoming "Barbara's husband". So they still want to get married but not anytime soon.
    So why the hell is he fucking everything that moves OYL.

deadonthestreet on
    edited April 2007

because this annual was shoehorned in after everyone complained about them not explaining why Dick and Babs aren't engaged

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    Because he has a functioning penis and no personal attachments at the moment.

Bad Karma on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    oh my god if Fram had told me I needed to "become my own woman" before we got married, I would've said "what the fuck does that mean" and then I'd have punched him in the balls.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Wildcat Sr. made a Star Wars reference in JLoA.

Buh?

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited April 2007
    Jordyn wrote: »
    oh my god if Fram had told me I needed to "become my own woman" before we got married, I would've said "what the fuck does that mean" and then I'd have punched him in the balls.
    She didn't say it in those words. She said that Dick was always putting himself last and he needed to do stuff for himself before getting married.

Garlic Bread on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    So, X-Factor.

Was it just me or did Layla and that girl Siryn and M saved seem to know eachother? It looked like Layla was shocked to see her, and when Layla is shocked well.. thats pretty huge.

Also: I love my comic shop, they set aside a copy of the JLA variant cover because they know I hate Turner.
    Actually, she was shocked because she didn't know her. She had no idea that M and Siryn were going to rescue her and bring her back.

Which, uh, is kinda even worse, when you think about it.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited April 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    So, X-Factor.

Actually, she was shocked because she didn't know her. She had no idea that M and Siryn were going to rescue her and bring her back.

Which, uh, is kinda even worse, when you think about it.
    You're right, I totally misread the last panel on that page as having way more subtext than it did. She asks Layla after everyone leaves if she's in trouble, which is probably a pretty normal reaction given the intense scrutiny Layla is no doubt giving her. I just read it differently the first time. But yeah, either way, something big is up.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    Wildcat Sr. made a Star Wars reference in JLoA.

Buh?

My comic store didn't get their shipment this week.

EXPLAIN

Also the unexpected member of the Secret Six. Who is it?

Bloods End on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Harley Quinn

Munch on
    edited April 2007
    Manhunter was a good issue. I'm getting tired of Circe, but I'm guessing Andreyko was told to use here since she's in every goddamn Wonder Woman issue now

I liked Obsidian's "wallpaper duty" line

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Harley Quinn

WAGAWAGA WAAAAAAA?

Bloods End on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cable & Deadpool was great, if only for the fact that Deadpool was finally allowed to be a badass instead of an incompetent clown

But next month Cable is coming back

I'm not into it

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cable and Deadpool was indeed great and I am happy that Bob, Agent of Hydra totally is now a supporting character.

Also, I don't mind Cable coming back because this is the only book he's ever been written well in ever. Also, he's apparently missing so it might be Deadpool and the X-Men and he might bust out the old Marvel Girl costume.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited April 2007
    I think the next issue is a crossover with the current X-Men storyline in which Cable's body is being inhabited by some kind of space parasite thing. Im not sure how to explain it cause the story dosent make that much sense.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2007
    I think the next issue is a crossover with the current X-Men storyline in which Cable's body is being inhabited by some kind of space parasite thing. Im not sure how to explain it cause the story dosent make that much sense.

He's going to go crazy and steal all of the X-Men's rings and kill them and then a new mutant is going to come in and save the day and then ten years from now they'll bring Cable back

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007

He's going to go crazy and steal all of the X-Men's rings and kill them and then a new mutant is going to come in and save the day and then ten years from now they'll bring Cable back

No, Parralax makes way more sense than this.

Also, on a tangent: you can't honestly tell me you aren't at least a little bit intrigued by the Sinestro Corps?

Edit: I did lol at that though

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]