As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hates, Happies, Hopes and Horses

• Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happy: I got my Eye of Divinity today. I'm so getting my staff later on.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happy: I got my Eye of Divinity today. I'm so getting my staff later on.

The staff(s) is, in my opinion, one of the best looking staves in the game. It would be nice if they made a similar kind of quest/reward in Cataclysm.

Aeyther on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wanted a Benediction so badly back in Vanilla, but finding a raiding guild on my old server was pretty much out of the question.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited April 2010
    I've noticed that Anathema also sorta matches my priest T10 armor, its all black and green.

Aeyther on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Decomposey: lol

Happy: Dreamwalker is easy, lol.

Happy: after 2 attempts on sindragosa we got her to phase 3 (20% to boot before someone messes up). Though phase3 is like the other two phases on crack.

Hilarious: watching the dps burn the ice tombs right after the third frost bolt.

Weird happy: We found out that the original team had tried to sabotage us by taking all the rest of the good people for the third team because one of the officers doesn't want us beating him to the LK. As it stands, we'll probably get him first.
    You guys remember that druid I linked? He was originally on their team, as well as that MM hunter I talked about a few weeks before the druid was as well. This officer removed them and told us to take them because he was full and they were rotating people in and out to get gear. So we did, we were short two people that day so what the hell why not.

A week later we start a third ICC team with alts and some mains that didn't make the cut. Great, awesome. The third ICC team got as far as we did and almost further. This had us going WTF. So we started cutting down on our lazy dps as it became clear we weren't beating soft/hard enrages properly. This works, we get rotface down but it turns out that it just wasn't enough. We had that hunter and druid go from 2300 dps to 4000 dps, but that's still really bad for ICC. We give them an ultimatum, read up on your classes and fix your issues or get removed from raid.

Well, we had to remove them. The third team collapses. Not because of anything bad, but, because the officer is pissed that those two people got shifted to the weekend team and we took two good dps from them. Next week, we get putricide down on our first raid night that week. According to our "spy" he stopped talking in vent and dropped. He was incredibly pissed that we downed putricide. Cue to us getting both the blood council and BQL down, and he isn't even showing up for their raids anymore. He signed off last night before we healed dreamwalker and got sindragosa to 20%.

He's also stopped showing up on time to 25 mans, and after deathwhisper he stealths right to the boat and waits for us to get there. Then he plays bejeweled when he dies or has to wait.

so this is an officer in your guild acting like a pouty kid?

why is he an officer?

Angry on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aumni wrote: »

You totally got them 10 minutes ago.

I know I was gonna come in here and post about how apparently all I need to do is bitch about it in this thread. Thanks to [strike]creepy stalker site[/strike] wowarmory I don't have to!

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    Hehe: Got my Benediction/Anathema. Decided to spend a little gold and put a spell power enchant on it. Might tool around in heroics with it, just because I can.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    WTF: So I'm doing randoms on my (level 80) warlock last night, working on gearing him up. Get into a heroic AN. The tank is a bear (okay gear), and a priest wearing T10. The priest was most likely high or drunk, because he suggested going for the achievement on the first guy (Watch Him Die I think?).

Bear goes for it, priest disconnects, natural wipe. We get back and the priest rezzes and says to try again. Bear goes for it again. We wipe again. Priest, then bear drop, and then the rest of the follows.

Nobody on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: My computer keeps freezing. So annoying.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happy: Revered with Ratchet!

Hate: The Northrend Fishing Contest is dumb.

Happy: My moonkin dps has broken the 5k mark!

Opty on
  • OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: It's only been a couple of hours and I already loathe the Noblegarden egg collecting. If they don't improve the egg spawn rate this will be worse than the turkinator.

OldSlacker on
    edited April 2010
    The eggs are bad for the first day when everyone and their dog is doing it. Wait till tomorrow and you'll be fine.

Opty on
    edited April 2010
    The trick to holiday achievements is to do all the ones that require multiple people right away. And put off the ones you can do by yourself for a couple days, so you don't have competition.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hehe: Got my Benediction/Anathema. Decided to spend a little gold and put a spell power enchant on it. Might tool around in heroics with it, just because I can.

I'm upset there is a 30 minute cooldown on the transformation though. I mean, it used to have a point. Billions of years ago.

Cilla Black on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I remember when you didn't ever use that because it meant you'd have to reenchant the fucker.

Dehumanized on
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tyberius wrote: »
    format wrote: »
    just got my second binding of the windseeker from baron

Argh that's the only thing I need for my TF. I should probably focus on the mace to keep my mind off of it.

Yeah i want to say i have been trying for soooo long for both bindings but I really haven't. I have tried to solo baron a few times now but just this weekend decided to try it as ret since I finally have a ret offspec.

I also got the blue protodrake out of UP and took it for a joyride up to storm peaks and got a polar bear mount from the daily.

Just a really lucky weekend.

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think everybody hates you now.

Coconut Monkey on
    edited April 2010
    everybody hates you now.

Beyond Normal on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A hate from yesterday was I was ready to do my dailies after dinner
    When I finished was when the Ncaa basketball game finished so the internet a crash fest of the number of people downloading video from the game
    I am not looking forward to tonight's

Another hate is I am not looking forward tomorrow and asking if anyone is interested in doing Marrowgarr
    At least it's Noblegarden I can get the rabbit book on my blood elf mage and more rabbits to annoy people while double boxing

Brainleech on
  • formatformat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    everybody hates you now.

I do too. But it is my birthday? Does... Does that help?

format on
    You don't know if I am joking or not.
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: Had to do "The Abberations Must Die" for like the last 4 days.
    Double Hate: STILL NO POLAR BEAR

Happy: Every time she doesn't give me a bear, bitch gets a snowball in the face.

Doctor Detroit on
    edited April 2010
    Hilarity: Was extremely worn out last night but managed to run a VoA 25.

First there was not enough dps for it but we had some amazing healers so we managed to down Toravon with only a couple deaths.

Korolon was ok, fight lasted a bit longer than it should've but it was ok.

Emalon had a few tense moments but we got him down.

First two adds before the boss, everyone split dps so the first add still had 125k health when he went boom, and my love for dispersion grew.

Emalon is my favorite boss in VoA on my shadow priest, its a simple fight that requires people to switch targets and if no one figures that out well I won't be dying because of 4 other people who decided to not switch cause it hurtz my dpss

Aeyther on
    edited April 2010
    Funny enough, I have yet to get Aberrations Must Die as my daily for there, and that's after two months of them.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happy: Got the last three nest hatchlings I needed this weekend. (Ravasaur, Darting, and whatever the one in Wetlands is)

Hate: Why exactly did I spend 1,300g on a Black Tabby right after that?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited April 2010
    korodullin wrote: »
    Funny enough, I have yet to get Aberrations Must Die as my daily for there, and that's after two months of them.

Of course, after I say this, I get that as my daily.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    edited April 2010
    Awesome: Can't log in to any of my characters in WoW without my computer crashing! Woohoo!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    [strike]Hate: Trying to find upgrades for my Priest's weapon.

Also Hate: The fact that Heroics still have day-long lockouts for individual queuing. This ties into the first Hate.[/strike]

FUCK YEAH: Saw my first battered hilt drop and then proceeded to win it. Weapon problems = solved.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    edited April 2010
    Hate: Due to a power outage my computer went into a coma. Everything except the OS were working. The Windows7 repair utilities didn't help at all. So I decided to reformat. This was at 7pm. Now it's 10:20 and I have everything BUT WoW working. I have to reinstall because I moved it around to make space on my removable HDD.

This is going to take all night.

Beyond Normal on
  • SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happy: finally got my full set of 80s.
    fullhouse.jpg

And I did it my way.
    morandra80.jpg

starja80.jpg

hestra80.jpg

melkkuh80.jpg

quesla80.jpg

tosche80.jpg

gremel80.jpg

ajrats80.jpg

yesmin80.jpg

fyska80.jpg

Soundwave on
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You so crazy.

Coconut Monkey on
    edited April 2010
    Haha, awesome.

Anyway, here's my Hate: Farming Tanaris pirates/STV Venture Co for goblin rep is a terrible soulcrushing affair of killing the camp and waiting forever for them to respawn. Ratchet's pirates respawned so fast that sometimes they respawned while I was still actively killing them with Starfall and their respawns died as well. I never had to stop farming ever if I wanted to: I just put on a movie and mindlessly ran around hitting the 8 key over and over with a couple of 6s (Typhoon), 7s (Travel form), and 9s (Starfall) thrown in at specific points. The Venture Co goblins are super spread out to the point that it takes so long to kill them all (I have enough time to travel form between each goblin) that I only have to wait a minute or two for them to start respawning. The Tanaris pirates are all on top of each other so I can kill them super quick (one Starfall killed like 20 of 'em) but then I have to wait 5+ minutes for them to repop. I need to farm one of these or DM to get Ratchet to exalted at the very least, since then I could just go back to Ratchet for the rest of the goblin reps.

Happy: Horde on my realm's finally started defending specifically against the Alliance's lame "spam seige tanks at the start of the match" strategy. This means we've been able to successfully defend a lot more since Manno Alliance is a bunch of dumbasses and can't rapidly change strategies. We've defended the last two times in a row. One thing that sucks about defending is that the gate stays up and so you lose the ability to fly in straight to the Violet portal.

Opty on
  • supertallsupertall Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happy: After not having a stable 10 man group for the last 2 months due to gquits, people leaving, and faction transferring, we've finally got Sindragosa down in 10 man, and will get to start working on Arthas.

Happy #2: The gm and rl of this guild are serious about accountability, and people who didn't cut it on Sindragosa won't be coming along to see the Lich King.

Hope: We get a couple more good recruits to round out our roster for 25s.

supertall on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    how is loading up on sieges "lame"? that is exactly what you're supposed to do. i mean, what other "strategies" would you like them to employ? stand out in front of the main wall jumping around?

Angry on
    edited April 2010
    I swear to fuck I want to strangle the paladin tank Numsei from Kel'thuzad. Bastard never blesses anyone, never stops for anything, pulls the first boss when everyone is literally OOM and struggling to drink for the few seconds they can spare (which leads to a five minute Bronjham fight, after which he treats us to a "Took long enough"), and chain-pulls the ghosts before the Devourer of Souls without thought or care as to how much health he or anyone else in the party has at that moment. It is a tiny miracle that we didn't wipe on Devourer.

I swear if he had won the Arcane Loops of Anger that dropped I was going to go insane.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happy: A Battered Hilt drops and my Warrior wins it.

What?: The DK tank immediately says "aw fuck ur n-word face" except he went whole hog and didn't just say "n-word".

I wonder how long his ban will be.

Joeslop on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Likely nothing, maybe 24 hours max.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Angry wrote: »
    how is loading up on sieges "lame"? that is exactly what you're supposed to do. i mean, what other "strategies" would you like them to employ? stand out in front of the main wall jumping around?
    It's lame because they do it without any interaction with the Horde at all. Just match starts, then a little bit later a chain of sieges comes rolling up. When our Horde attacks WG we go up and fight in front of the castle, killing other players for our rank ups rather than NPCs off in the middle of nowhere.

Opty on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    and thus the fundamental difference between backstabbing Alliance Cowards and Do or Die Horde Road Dogs is illustrated.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    wowscrnshot040510031353.jpg

Try not to look too close at how shitty my hotkey layout is.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That is, uh.... that is special. He's got a sweet mix of tank gear, DPS gear and caster gear. He's even got a +25 spell pen gem.

His Corkiness on
This discussion has been closed.