As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLB: Red Sox in first place

1575859606163»

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What happened?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    He fielded a ball and flipped it with his glove hand between his legs on the run to the first baseman. It was crazy.

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    What happened?

Kick save on a grounder up the middle. Then he chased the ball across the first base foul line, backhanded it with his glove and in one motion flipped it between his legs behind him to the first baseman to get the runner by not even half a step. It was ridiculous.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Holy shit, just saw it on youtube. Damn.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    And then Konerko barehands it as a nice little cherry on top. Ridiculous.

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jason Heyward hits a 3-run HR in his first MLB at-bat.

I had tickets - like I said earlier. FUCK FUCK FUCK. Stupid job.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Jason Heyward hits a 3-run HR in his first MLB at-bat.

I had tickets - like I said earlier. FUCK FUCK FUCK. Stupid job.
    He absolutely crushed that ball too.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was flipping through when I noticed the Braves were on and it was the first inning. Went, hey, I want to see that kid take a swing. So when he comes up I get this feeling that he is going to belt it, and boy does he ever. First time I saw him, probably not the last.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well hey, at least we know our bullpen will be just as crap as it always has been :(

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, you know, at least the Cubs are getting all the conceded runs out of the way on Opening Day. That way we can have 161 straight shutout wins.

I believe that is how a baseball season works, correct?

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    I feel like the Astros have about ten potential closers in the organization and then they went out and spent $15M/three years on an average middle reliever. Like, what the fuck, Ed Wade.

And that $5M on Pedro Feliz is looking idiotic now too, now that Chris Johnson just got done tearing up the Grapefruit League (led it in homers with 8 splitting time with Feliz).

Johnson really looks like something special. I'm hoping it just wasn't dumb luck and that he'll be able to bring something great to the 'Stros.

I don't understand the Lyon deal at all. They got rid of LaTroy Hawkins, who is a better pitcher and proven in the Astros organization. I just don't get the damn thought process here sometimes. The contract they gave Carlos Lee has crippled them in terms of actually getting anyone worth spending on, and when they do have room, they make a deal like this. I wish Drayton would have sold the damn team.

cr0w on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Astros are probably the worst put together team in the NL. They are old and full of middle relievers.

This is amazing considering this league has both the Mets and Pirates.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So the Braves CF dove for a ball and dropped it when he hit the ground. Nonetheless, it was ruled an out and the Braves doubled up a Cubs baserunner.

In the time it took for the umpires to confer and for Piniella to calmly argue, the umps easily would have had enough time to use instant replay. In this situation, like many, instant replay would have sped up the game, and gotten the call right.

Just sayin'.

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    AdrenalineAdrenaline Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Adrenaline on
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust
  • Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wet Bandit wrote: »
    So the Braves CF dove for a ball and dropped it when he hit the ground. Nonetheless, it was ruled an out and the Braves doubled up a Cubs baserunner.

In the time it took for the umpires to confer and for Piniella to calmly argue, the umps easily would have had enough time to use instant replay. In this situation, like many, instant replay would have sped up the game, and gotten the call right.

Just sayin'.

I am also watching the game on ESPN and heard the announcers discussing that too. It makes a surprising amount of sense, so I have no doubt Bud Selig will decide against it.

OSUJumpMan on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cr0w wrote: »
    OremLK wrote: »
    I feel like the Astros have about ten potential closers in the organization and then they went out and spent $15M/three years on an average middle reliever. Like, what the fuck, Ed Wade.

And that $5M on Pedro Feliz is looking idiotic now too, now that Chris Johnson just got done tearing up the Grapefruit League (led it in homers with 8 splitting time with Feliz).

Johnson really looks like something special. I'm hoping it just wasn't dumb luck and that he'll be able to bring something great to the 'Stros.

I don't understand the Lyon deal at all. They got rid of LaTroy Hawkins, who is a better pitcher and proven in the Astros organization. I just don't get the damn thought process here sometimes. The contract they gave Carlos Lee has crippled them in terms of actually getting anyone worth spending on, and when they do have room, they make a deal like this. I wish Drayton would have sold the damn team.

Probably too early to get too excited about Chris Johnson, really. Just shows how desperate we are that I've been fighting to avoid the same feeling :P

Lyon deal was fucking stupid. At least we didn't pay $66M/four years for Jason Fucking Bay, though. 'druther have Lyon at those prices.

One hour until Lincecum versus Oswalt!

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Haha, true, but I've started to cling to anything that is even remotely exciting about the Astros.

I'm half expecting Roy to injure himself walking to the mound in the top of the first, knowing the way things have gone the past couple seasons. Plus, since Ausmus left, he hasn't been the same pitcher. I'm more optimistic than I was at this time last year, based on our upgraded defense alone.

cr0w on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Moving this discussion to the other thread.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    Haha, I was listening to Mad Dog talk about college basketball on satellite and then he just goes "OH MY GOD LOOK AT HEYWOOD! HE JUST HIT AN UPPER DECKER!" It was funny.

JustinSane07 on