As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hates, Happies, Hopes and Horses

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well yeah, that's basically what I'll be doing. I've already got a full set of prot gear, it's just a bunch of it is shitty blues. I've already got both a stacked ret set and holy set, just looking to try something new. I'm not even going to try tanking without a very solid gear buffer. Probably not the best way to learn, but it beats queuing into a random and having the whole group drop because they see I don't have 40k unbuffed hp.

Cilla Black on
  • AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Probably not the best way to learn, but it beats queuing into a random and having the whole group drop because they see I don't have 40k unbuffed hp.

This is something that I don't understand sometimes, sure someone with 28-39k health might take more damage but those instances were done with (I remember 21k one time) health for tanks and we still didn't have too much more trouble, just had to pay more attention and not be a silly goose. As long as no one [strike]fucked up[/strike] pulled aggro or something stupid that caused the group to wipe it wasn't too bad.

Aeyther on
    edited April 2010
    Aeyther wrote: »
    Probably not the best way to learn, but it beats queuing into a random and having the whole group drop because they see I don't have 40k unbuffed hp.

This is something that I don't understand sometimes, sure someone with 28-39k health might take more damage but those instances were done with (I remember 21k one time) health for tanks and we still didn't have too much more trouble, just had to pay more attention and not be a silly goose. As long as no one [strike]fucked up[/strike] pulled aggro or something stupid that caused the group to wipe it wasn't too bad.
    it's a bit of an exaggeration. as a healer I rarely see anyone leave the group because a tank is undergeared, especially after the extension to 30 minutes on the debuff. I'm just afraid I'd start seeing it a lot more often if I went into heroics wearing an ilevel 187 chestpiece and pants, despite my other epics.

Cilla Black on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hp means nothing of skill.

i had a 53k hp warrior in a random a while back. dude keyboard turned.

i had some shitty paladin with 40k in FoS, we wiped 3 times on the devourer because he was so stupid and bad he couldn't figure out to move out of the giant purple puddles of death or that the beam of instant death + puddles of death were not healable. he threw a fit, ragequit, the dps dk volunteered to tank, him and his 28k take ten times less damage than the paladin and everyone is happy.

Angry on
    edited April 2010
    Aeyther wrote: »

it's a bit of an exaggeration. as a healer I rarely see anyone leave the group because a tank is undergeared, especially after the extension to 30 minutes on the debuff. I'm just afraid I'd start seeing it a lot more often if I went into heroics wearing an ilevel 187 chestpiece and pants, despite my other epics.

Almost everytime I qued as dps (before the change), if the tank was any kind of undergeared, either the healer or another dps would throw a hissy fit about it and leave.

Aeyther on
    edited April 2010
    Angry wrote: »
    hp means nothing of skill.

i had a 53k hp warrior in a random a while back. dude keyboard turned.

i had some shitty paladin with 40k in FoS, we wiped 3 times on the devourer because he was so stupid and bad he couldn't figure out to move out of the giant purple puddles of death or that the beam of instant death + puddles of death were not healable. he threw a fit, ragequit, the dps dk volunteered to tank, him and his 28k take ten times less damage than the paladin and everyone is happy.

well yes, this goes without saying

but how many people do you get in randoms are smart enough to realize this?

Cilla Black on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: Just as my new guild's prepping up to start doing serious raiding, one of our best healer/DPS (a Shaman) is pondering quitting the guild to join up with one of the better progression guilds on the server that's poised to down Arthas within the next week.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: Prot pally tried to minimum bid the shield from heroic BQL. Was outbid by some other plate wearer. Threw a hissy fit on vent. Officers caved and gave it to him. After raid, him and about 10 other people gquit.

Bikkstah on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yaaaay, Lich King down

Javen on
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bikkstah wrote: »
    Hate: Prot pally tried to minimum bid the shield from heroic BQL. Was outbid by some other plate wearer. Threw a hissy fit on vent. Officers caved and gave it to him. After raid, him and about 10 other people gquit.

is that it for your guild or do youstill have enough?

Ohtsam on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

wow what an ass

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    edited April 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    Yaaaay, Lich King down

:^: congrats

Aeyther on
    edited April 2010
    That last ten percent feels so good

Javen on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happy: We can get to the end of valk phase on LK25 pretty easily.
    Hate: We're wiping on the transition when the valk phase ends, or shortly after the intermission phase. GAH.

On the plus side, it should be a lot easier to learn that final phase. We managed to get through that intermission phase once or twice towards the end of the night, but damn we need to be a lot more clean about that. Still, we usually don't lose anybody before that point, which is pretty good progress compared to the beginning of the raiding week.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited April 2010
    End wrote: »
    Happy: We can get to the end of valk phase on LK25 pretty easily.
    Hate: We're wiping on the transition when the valk phase ends, or shortly after the intermission phase. GAH.

On the plus side, it should be a lot easier to learn that final phase. We managed to get through that intermission phase once or twice towards the end of the night, but damn we need to be a lot more clean about that. Still, we usually don't lose anybody before that point, which is pretty good progress compared to the beginning of the raiding week.

That transition is especially harsh since you're more than likely still going to be fairly close to the middle when remorseless winter begins so people are going to take damage while retreating.

Javen on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Key to second transition phase is gravitating towards the edge during valk phase. And heroism on the second spirit. Gets fucking crazy for a while, but if you can keep the spirits under control with 1 at full and another partially killed, you should be in good shape; rest of the fight is dodging spirits and managing defile.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

That's just all kinds of messed up.

Poketpixie on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: Sindragosa to 8% before a wipe because two dps died at the beginning of phase2.

Seriously. Is it that hard to move out of the explosion? Really?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    Hate: Sindragosa to 8% before a wipe because two dps died at the beginning of phase2.

Yes

During one of our attempts on the night when we finally got her in 25s we had a shaman die 4 times

Only one of those was due to a fuckup with icecube phase.

Nobody on
    edited April 2010
    We lost the same hunter about 15 times last night. A hunter. With disengage. She won't be coming back this week. It sucks because she puts out such high numbers, and I'd love to replace the shaman with her because her 7k when she lives is greater than his 4k.

He died a lot too, so we started using heroism at the beginning of the fight.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited April 2010
    Ohtsam wrote: »

That might be it. We just got recruited a bunch again to the point where we safely had more than 25 on every night. Our 10 man is definitely done as 6 of those guys were 10 man regulars.

Bikkstah on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate - Monday night ToTGTC10 was replaced with Ulduar hard modes.

Happy - Up to Hodir complete in hard modes, so that was cool. We are extending and carrying on next week.

Hate - Massive Disconnect issues last night, luckily was connected for all the achivements I needed :p

Hope - DC's were a one night thing and are better for tomorrow nights ICC.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ohtsam wrote: »

That might be it. We just got recruited a bunch again to the point where we safely had more than 25 on every night. Our 10 man is definitely done as 6 of those guys were 10 man regulars.

That sucks Bikk, I went through something like that back during Ulduar days with my old guild. Went from doing 25 Ulduar to not even having enough for 10s in about a span of two-three weeks. Hope you guys work something out.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: Tards who still don't know how awesome it is to get Occulus for your random. 8 badges, chance at a free epic mount, 20-25 minutes if you're going slow. Went through 4 DPS and a healer last night. :facepalm:

XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As soon as they added in that goodie bag for completing a random Occ, I stopped getting it as a random.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Happy: First time stepping foot into ICC on my healer, I successfully healed both Rotface and Dreamwalker (I was the sole healer on the Dragon)

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    As soon as they added in that goodie bag for completing a random Occ, I stopped getting it as a random.

JohnnyToxxic on
    Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • JadedJaded Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Gnutson wrote: »
    Hate - Monday night ToTGTC10 was replaced with Ulduar hard modes.

Happy - Up to Hodir complete in hard modes, so that was cool. We are extending and carrying on next week.

Hate - Massive Disconnect issues last night, luckily was connected for all the achivements I needed :p

Hope - DC's were a one night thing and are better for tomorrow nights ICC.

Yeah, 6 / 13 is nice!
    Next monday = Proto-drake for us!
    Hooray for somewhat out gearing achievements :D

Jaded on
    I can't think of anything clever.
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »

Conversely, it's my Priest's most-seen random heroic.

Which makes me thrilled, since I still need a good 80-something Triumphs.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited April 2010
    I know the only reason I don't get it is because I collect mounts. So because I actually want something from there, other than just emblems, I am no longer allowed to run it via the random dungeon finder.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    I no longer have any need to collect mounts. (I have what..110? or so? And I use exactly two of them.)

Therefore, I got it on my first run.

Incidently, I got Oculus a lot before they added the bag, and a lot after, too.

Gah, so tired of Oculus.

End on
    edited April 2010
    I still need 20 for the 100 achievement. So I need lots of monies to buy the expensive faction type mounts in Dalaran/Wyrmrest/Sons of Hodir. And then off to grind BG's and dailies.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    Come to think of it, there is one mount I still want, which is the ravenlord mount. This brings up a Hate.

Hate: Can't get the ravenlord mount to drop. :(

End on
  • GnutsonGnutson Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd just like a 310 mount.. As I'm in flight form anyway, I could care less what it looks like.

Gnutson on
    Erai - Operative <--Imperial Double Agent--> Sniper - Eari
    SW:Tor - Tao - Kryatt Dragon Server
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm hoping this rocket is like the Horseman's Mount, in that it can be a ground mount in the old world, too. It'd be nice to have a passenger mount that fits in doorways in the old world. I realize the motorcycle is available, but I'm buying the vendor mammoth first.

Samphis on
  • OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hate: RAF is still unavailable in my country thanks to our silly laws.

OldSlacker on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Wait till hard mode. Did it on 10s last night, first attempt we went too fast on the tombs. I was hit for 150,000 give or take (20k resisted woot!).

anyhow....

Happy: 10 man hard modes! all we have left is Putricide, Dreamwalker, Sindragosa and Lich King!

Hate: Sindragosa hard mode. Unchained magic that also blows up others around you? fantastic!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
    edited April 2010
    My guild will probably never do anything past the airship hard modes.

bowen on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Neyla wrote: »

Wait till hard mode. Did it on 10s last night, first attempt we went too fast on the tombs. I was hit for 150,000 give or take (20k resisted woot!).

150k? that's nothing compared to Mimiron's rockets.

They do about 3mil.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    And guild collapsed. So did the #1 Alliance and #1 Horde guilds too, concidentally. There are now no end-game raiding guilds on our server. Weird.

Bikkstah on
This discussion has been closed.