As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oregonians Can't Connect

Just FYI to prevent a potential headache for admins in case others report it as a PA issue...

Oregonians on Verizon FiOS currently can't connect to PA (amongst a number of other sites, including anything hosted by Blizzard or Dreamhost). It started around 7-8 Pacific last night and is still going on. Verizon didn't even confirm it as a problem on their end until midday today. It's still not terribly obvious that it's an ISP problem without multiple points of reference since almost everything else is still available.
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Verizon-Oregon-Customers-Can-Not-Connect-to-CA-Sites-Including/m-p/180790

Trace shows things dying somewhere in California on one of AT&T's hops so speculation is that it's related to the earthquake last night, but nobody's saying anything. It's easily circumventable with a proxy or VPN (what I'm doing), but again, not readily obvious if the only thing that people see is that PA is down.

Aroduc on

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    They deserve it. Make up your mind and move to Washington or California, Oregonians! Nobody likes unrepentant perpetual equivocators.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    But I like living in Oregon ...

Sorry kids, Tycho says we have to move

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't even have FiOS, just Verizon DSL.
    It's easily circumventable with a proxy or VPN
    I don't know shit about shit. I was lucky to get to this page from Google.
    and yes, most sites I visit are working except for a handful of webcomics

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh hey, looks like we're back.

Back to killing spotted owls.

Aroduc on