As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The best things go in my mouth [COCK]

1565758596062»

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    Neville as you are good at swapping out ingredients and what not can I ask you the general rules?

Like for the orange creme brulees would a rough rule of thumb be figure out how much sugar in the orange juice you put in there and subtract it out of a regular vanilla creme brulee recipe (and obvious and the zest and take out the vanilla bean)?

Nevs probably has a better handle on the brulee substitution than I do but I'd think it depends on how sweet your oranges are, if they're really sour you might want to keep all of the sugar in there. And I'd probably keep at least part of the vanilla bean in there, it won't stand out so much as in plain brulee but you'll still appreciate the background flavor.

Usagi on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    yeah, thanks for the link rinksvirre

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Usagi wrote: »
    Neville as you are good at swapping out ingredients and what not can I ask you the general rules?

Like for the orange creme brulees would a rough rule of thumb be figure out how much sugar in the orange juice you put in there and subtract it out of a regular vanilla creme brulee recipe (and obvious and the zest and take out the vanilla bean)?

Nevs probably has a better handle on the brulee substitution than I do but I'd think it depends on how sweet your oranges are, if they're really sour you might want to keep all of the sugar in there. And I'd probably keep at least part of the vanilla bean in there, it won't stand out so much as in plain brulee but you'll still appreciate the background flavor.

But vanilla pods are expensive!

(Seriously they are like two bucks each it is ridiculous)

Blake T on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

you don't really need to sub out sugar at all in brulee

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Good point, maybe just some good quality vanilla extract then?

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

ahahaha what

oh wait you have to get them imported from bfe

just use vanilla extract if cost is that big of a problem

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I wouldn't alter the sugar, really, as that is used to get the consistency.
    As far as the vanilla, I'd say you're likely better off using vanilla extract (pure only; artificial is a terror), since vanilla beans are pretty potent and may overshadow the orange, especially if it's subtle.

And yes, add zest as well.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    seriously
    fuck artificial vanilla

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    it is made from wood

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    the principal compound is what gives distilled spirits a vanilla flavor because they absorb it from the wood

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ok thanks dudes!

Is it a general rule if you want to sub around flavours though?

Like always keep the sugar? And just deal with the increase of sugar from the juice.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ok thanks dudes!

Like always keep the sugar? And just deal with the increase of sugar from the juice.

The "increase of sugar" is going to be insignificant in most cases...
    And better to be a bit overly sweet than take it out and ruin it.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man what? I need to find that spice website...

Linksville on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the PGEW link, 'sville!

making these this weekend for sure.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    neville wrote: »
    Ok thanks dudes!

The "increase of sugar" is going to be insignificant in most cases...
    And better to be a bit overly sweet than take it out and ruin it.

:^:

Thanks. I was just thinking through it logically and thought I'd question it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If you're so concerned about the sweetness of the oranges, you can try adding a bit of lemon zest as well.

The citrus notes will increase, while the sweetness dials down ever so slightly.

And yes, generally leave the sugar alone. Brulee is more chemistry then cookery.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Apparently these are fantastic, made with just one ingredient: http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/stay-cool/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-093414

Linksville on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Linksville wrote: »

Apparently these are fantastic, made with just one ingredient: http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/stay-cool/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-with-just-one-ingredient-093414

Unless you don't like bananas.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Oh my god.

My wife loves both bananas and ice cream, but due to diabetes and minor lactose intolerance, can't have much of the latter.

This is the best thing.

edit: I am actually going to peel the bananas we have right now and put them in the freezer.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    sarukun wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »
    IRAs though

gotta squint those suckers down

Yeah, I tried my first Russian the other day.

It was

um

well, I finished it.

I don't think I'm old enough for them yet.

well, by IRA i meant

Irish Red Ale

but yeah, some russians is pretty hard to drink too

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Oh my god.

My wife loves both bananas and ice cream, but due to diabetes and minor lactose intolerance, can't have much of the latter.

This is the best thing.

edit: I am actually going to peel the bananas we have right now and put them in the freezer.

As advice I would suggest waiting til they are overripe.

I knew a vegan dude who would do this and add a dash of vanilla and honey.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Oh my god.

This is the best thing.

They were overripe, actually. The peel as much black as it was yellow. Gonna be so good.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Oh my god.

This is the best thing.

They were overripe, actually. The peel as much black as it was yellow. Gonna be so good.

also slice them before freezing
    much easier :P

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Oh my god.

This is the best thing.

My wife and I do this some times, it is so freakin good. Our son had it for his first dessert.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So who's making a new thread?

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Theidar wrote: »

Oh my god.

This is the best thing.

My wife and I do this some times, it is so freakin good. Our son had it for his first dessert.

Chelsea recently discovered that over ripe bananas make great breads and muffins. I can't wait to show her this one.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ripe bananas make my stomach hurt

So disappointing because they're delicious

Usagi on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2010
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Theidar wrote: »

Oh my god.

This is the best thing.

Chelsea recently discovered that over ripe bananas make great breads and muffins. I can't wait to show her this one.

this looks like something I can actually make!

plus, bananas are delicious

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I wonder if tossing in some cocoa powder would make it even better.

I'd likely need to add sugar if that was the case. Hmm....

DrZiplock on
This discussion has been closed.