As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chuck: Revenge of the Giant Blonde Shemale

DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
edited November 2010 in Social Entropy++
So there's this show called Chuck. Most people think it's about this guy named Chuck that has superpowers and such and had sexytimes with a lady spy from the CIA.

This couldn't be farther from the truth.

This show is about Jeff Barnes and Lester Patel. This show is about JEFFSTER.

6a00d834518cc969e2011168d34f22970c-.jpg

Here are a few segments from their Greatest Hits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nViWOd87oKY

SPOILERS FOR THE SEASON TWO FINALE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltX7yprxu0Y

JEFFSTER LIVE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp9YA327N4k

SEASON THREE SPOILERS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvVGVzDjHKo

Okay now here is a trailer from the upcoming feature film, "Jeffster."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ3I7spR83E

Rumors abound that in the coming weeks, Jeffster will return. NOBODY KNOWS WHEN. It's a secret.

DJ Eebs on

• FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jeffster is overrated

Sarah, though

dayum

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    JEFFSTER

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jeffster is great. I want a DVD of Jeffster videos.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I'm gonna go ahead and say that was a fan-fucking-tastic episode.

GRMike on
  • humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i will agree

this episode was awesome

humble on
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Faynor wrote: »
    Jeffster is overrated

Sarah, though

dayum

And Ellie. :winky:

a5ehren on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2010
    GONNA TAKE A LOT TO DRAG ME AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY FROM YOU

DJ Eebs on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Why is this on so late in Canadastan

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This episode just left me with a goofy grin. I love this show so much, I can't understand how it is struggling for ratings.
    Morgan as a spy, Jeffster will be on team Bartowski in no time.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh Jeffster. Never change.

Also a great episode tonight. Let's hope they don't find some way to screw everything up in 3 weeks.

Terrendos on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010

it was on at 8 here in ottaawaaa

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

it was on at 8 here in ottaawaaa

10 in Van. I've still gotta wait for another 10 min

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So this was the original season finale right, like before they picked up another 6?

I was grinning like an idiot by the end of it and now im really worried that the new season finale wont work nearly as well as an end to the series if it doesn't get picked back up.

Stationary on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think the series could've ended right there and I would've been fine with it, but noooooooooooooo.

Hacksaw on
  • StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well six more episodes is cool but that would have been a great series finale.

Stationary on
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Stationary wrote: »
    Well six more episodes is cool but that would have been a great series finale.

Eh, seasons are best ended on a happy ending or a cliffhanger. If the show's in doubt about a next season, I don't want them to end on a cliffhanger (I'm too used to Fox) and I don't think 6 episodes is enough time to build up to a happy ending as good as last nights
    (which was the culmination of 3 seasons of Chuck trying to get Sarah).

Guess we'll just have to see how they do it, but if they mess this up, I'll be pissed.

Peccavi on
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It was a true James Bond ending.

GRMike on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I usually try to wait to watch Chuck with my wife, who works a lot of evenings, but as I had two episodes before last night's that I hadn't seen yet, I broke down and watched the last two and last night's episode all at once, and wow, I can't imagine how they can get this any better..

I have been consistently impressed with the writers of this show pulling off each week as a great show and maintaining the classic goofy Chuck even though he is trained and more powerful now. They just work with it so perfectly!
    and now to FINALLY - I can't even explain how bad I felt for Chuck when he found Morgan's note in his wallet in season 2 - have Chuck and Sarah together, Casey back, and Morgan in on it all, it's just great! I can't wait to watch them with my wife and see her reaction to this. The next ep looks interesting as his dad is back and looks like Awesome and Elle are in trouble again. It had better be EPIC when Elle finds out Chuck is a spy. Perhaps that will be this season's finale, so Awesome can stop getting himself in trouble.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Every1talksEvery1talks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    GRMike wrote: »
    It was a true James Bond ending.

Couldn't have said it any better! Each episode that airs gets better and better.

Every1talks on
    Gaming, Podcasting and Chuck. Could life get any better? Maybe! Chuck out WWW.WEHEARTCHUCK.COM
  • <:__)~<:__)~ Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    can't wait 3 weeks :(

<:__)~ on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So if we assume that one season equals one year in the show's timeline, it's been at least three years since Chuck's gotten laid, right? And now he's going to the smokingly hot Sarah Walker, who probably knows all sorts of tricks.

Dude's gonna bust in like fifteen seconds.

And that's doubly wasteful, since "I just saved your life" sex is off the chain. When it lasts longer than it would take to open a can of pringles, anyway.

Poorochondriac on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So if we assume that one season equals one year in the show's timeline, it's been at least three years since Chuck's gotten laid, right? And now he's going to the smokingly hot Sarah Walker, who probably knows all sorts of tricks.

Dude's gonna bust in like fifteen seconds.

And that's doubly wasteful, since "I just saved your life" sex is off the chain. When it lasts longer than it would take to open a can of pringles, anyway.

Nah it's assumed he got to bang his 3 episode girlfriend a few weeks ago. So he should be good for about 20 seconds.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    yeah he had sex with Hannah earlier this season.

Also didn't he hook up with his ex briefly when she came back? I am totally blanking on her name but she was played by the smoking hot Jordana Brewster.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2010
    That episode was stupid.

Tube on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    why

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
    edited April 2010
    It was just awful.
    Morgan becoming a spy? Shaw OH SHIT SUDDENLY EVIL? The general still for some reason putting up with Chuck's shit? Reinstating Casey rather than just swinging round and picking up the fucking suspect? It was awful.

Tube on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited April 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    yeah he had sex with Hannah earlier this season.

Also didn't he hook up with his ex briefly when she came back? I am totally blanking on her name but she was played by the smoking hot Jordana Brewster.

jill

DJ Eebs on
  • Lithium SpadeLithium Spade Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It was just awful.
    Morgan becoming a spy? Shaw OH SHIT SUDDENLY EVIL? The general still for some reason putting up with Chuck's shit? Reinstating Casey rather than just swinging round and picking up the fucking suspect? It was awful.

If you were complaining about the small leaps of logic required to believe that, then I doubt you could ever have been a fan of Chuck at all...

Lithium Spade on
    LithiumSpade.png
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, real fans love plotholes. I'm just not liking it hard enough.

Tube on
  • CenturionCenturion Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That's not what he's saying. He's saying plotholes have been all over Chuck forever, so why complain about this particular episode?

Centurion on
    edited April 2010
    Why not? They were particularly egregious. The show has made great strides with it's plot movement problems, but the next step is making the spy world vaguely plausible even within its own boundaries. Characters simply turning evil without a plausible reason is bad writing, and the absurdities of the last few episodes are out of character even for a light show.

Tube on
  • TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If I wasn't able to get used to Chuck treating spying like it is fundamentally some kind of weird club where we all hang out together with interspersed moments where it is serious business, I wouldn't have gotten past three or so episodes of it.

TheOtherHorseman on
    edited April 2010
    "this bill is thicker than my copy of atlas shrugged" is also the clumsiest line in any show in recent memory.

Tube on
    edited April 2010
    Why not? They were particularly egregious. The show has made great strides with it's plot movement problems, but the next step is making the spy world vaguely plausible even within its own boundaries. Characters simply turning evil without a plausible reason is bad writing, and the absurdities of the last few episodes are out of character even for a light show.
    Whilst i agree with morgan becoming a spy might be a stretch too far, I think Shaw turning evil was really well done (and his comments to Chuck about "none of this being his fault" and not wanting to kill him showed he wasn't really evil anyway) and Casey's reinstatement I thought was also quite well handled. I had a few issues mid-series with Brandon Routh's acting, but for me this finale of sorts made up for it.

If you want a REAL plot hole in Chuck, it's Beckman's threats that they will just abandon him if he fails the test and let him go back to his normal life (remember, the intersect is still in his head and at the start of season 2 Casey was actually ordered to kill him). Now THAT doesn't make any sense.

Lithium Spade on
    LithiumSpade.png
    edited April 2010
    now why do you think I might have put that in spoilers son

Tube on
  • risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yah, I don't see Shaw's actions as being unbelievable.
    Dude pretty much said his main goal for hunting the ring was because they killed his wife, right? Instead he finds out the CIA did it and he wants to make them pay so he helps the ring.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CenturionCenturion Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Why not? They were particularly egregious.

I disagree.
    - Morgan becoming a spy: He isn't becoming a spy. They are not going to issue him a gun and let him rappel into a Ring hideout next episode. They are going to treat him like an asset, like Chuck was at the beginning. Since he already knows, this is pretty much necessary. Otherwise they'd need to remove him entirely.

- Shaw being evil: Dunno, he had an unhealthy and unprofessional obsession about his wife's death from the beginning and I always thought that bad things would come from that.

- Beckman: I kind of agree here, but the show has been relying on her giving Team Bartowski an unrealistic amount of leeway since season 1. I don't see how this was particularly offensive in this episode.

- Casey: Why not reinstate him? He's capable and clearly less of a risk factor than Shaw, Sarah or Chuck. In my opinion, the fact that he was just discharged already showed that they would have liked to keep him if at all possible.

Overall plotholes were as usual for me in this episode, but with spades of awesome to cover them up.
    I appreciated the tank.

Centurion on
    edited April 2010
    now why do you think I might have put that in spoilers son

Oops. My bad. Sorted now.

Anyway it sucks you didn't enjoy it. I was pretty much smiling all the way through, and the preview for the last six episodes look awesome, old style Team Bartowski!

Lithium Spade on
    LithiumSpade.png
  • Arch Guru XXArch Guru XX Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    "this bill is thicker than my copy of atlas shrugged" is also the clumsiest line in any show in recent memory.

Yeah, I kinda cringed at that. She didn't seem entirely comfortable with the reading of that line.

That said, I can't really agree with the rest of your critique - the plot holes didn't strike me as any bigger than normal.

I'm actually curious to see if along with his extra spy skills Chuck grows a pair regarding how he is sometimes treated by the governement (maybe he tried to leverage his intersect status in season 1? I didn't see it). After the 50th time of getting yelled at by someone and told he wasn't a 'real spy' I feel like the ground was ripe for an outburst along the lines of: 'Do you know who I am? I'm the intersect, motherfucker! You need me, not the other way around! Now get me some goddam waffles!'

I probably only mention the waffles because I'm huingry, but I stand by the rest. The governement has done a lot for Chiuck, but he's also taken a ton of crap from them. At some point I'll like to see him be a total dick about it, though admittedly it would be tough to keep that in-character.

Arch Guru XX on
    Should have been a rock star.
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well, there was that point, y'know, in the pilot, when he said something like "You need me. I don't need you."

I think that was in the pilot, because that's when they put Casey in as the new Buy-More employee and install Sarah across the street.

Really though, the biggest plot hole in the show is how Sarah's cover can afford such a fancy car and apartment with the pathetic salary she'd have to make working somewhere like the Orange Orange.

Terrendos on