As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

From Zero to Hero-ic Age: Dark Reign is OVER, WE WON!

spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° )Puyallup WA Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Graphic Violence
Talk about the end of the Dark Reign and how awesome it is going to be. Don't talk about other stuff like how much you like shirts that are fresh out of the dryer.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
spookymuffin on

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Talk about the Avengers and how awesome they are. Don't talk about other stuff like how much you like shirts that are fresh out of the dryer.

Can I talk about how much I like my Avengers shirt when it's fresh out of the dryer? It's this one:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xs2izpjU0WY/SMReiF-58AI/AAAAAAAAAFs/5fE7VPgNm3A/s1600-h/Marvel+Civil+War+T-shirt+Picture.jpg

Hensler on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I bet Steve Rogers likes shirts fresh out of the dryer

Furu on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Not if the dryer that dried it was from a capitalist country oooh yeah suck on that Cap.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There's already an Avengers thread, which can be found here.

Its on the first page no less.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    there's an avengers thread already.

on the first page.

Angry on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    you go to hell lucas!

Angry on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Its cool. We both double posted cause the forum was being dumb. But I deleted my double post.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fixed the title, it's now a proper replacement for the DR thread.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i did too! fuck you lucas was an all new post!

Angry on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm going to withdraw my "Loki will use Wanda to kill the Void" theory since I remembered he said he didn't know where Wanda was in Mighty Avengers #34. He was being tortured by Pietro at the time so I don't think he was lying.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wanda is up in the crazy mountains. The only image of Wanda we've seen is Loki crossdressing, and there hasn't been anything that points to her showing up in the last issue. If they would have thrown out some kind of teaser or something in issue 3 of Siege, I might be swayed, but the only thing they showed was Bob going full tilt psycho, and Norman in green face under his armor. It's all about Bob going supernuts and dissolving himself.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm calling it, Bob rips himself in half after throwing himself at the sun. He'll be resurrected by Bendis in a year or so, saying that the two halves Bob ripped himself into both turned into the Void and Sentry respectively and BANG, we have a new Sentry ongoing series.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wanda might get better after the Void is gone. I can imagine the final page of Siege #4 is a picture of Wanda with a horrified look on her face thinking "Oh God what have I done".

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wanda created the Sentry.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    Talk about the Avengers and how awesome they are. Don't talk about other stuff like how much you like shirts that are fresh out of the dryer.

Can I talk about how much I like my Avengers shirt when it's fresh out of the dryer? It's this one:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xs2izpjU0WY/SMReiF-58AI/AAAAAAAAAFs/5fE7VPgNm3A/s1600-h/Marvel+Civil+War+T-shirt+Picture.jpg

Dear lord, Marvel shirts are terrible.

I'm interested in seeing how things end up, but I must confess to not reading any mainstream/flagship Marvel comics.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

No she didn't. The Void made Wanda crazy. You mistake the master for the student, my friend...

Solar on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I'm interested in seeing how things end up, but I must confess to not reading any mainstream/flagship Marvel comics.

I'd love to know what kind of human being looks at that and thinks 'this is what i want to wear while i interact with other people'. It's probaby the same dude who thinks that greasy long hair and combat boots would be the perfect way to complete the ensemble.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I'd love to know what kind of human being looks at that and thinks 'this is what i want to wear while i interact with other people'. It's probaby the same dude who thinks that greasy long hair and combat boots would be the perfect way to complete the ensemble.

Comic fans interacting with other people in real life? That's crazytalk.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bendis just announced on his Twitter page that Siege #4 is done. Hopefully this means it will come out a bit sooner than May 12 but I doubt it.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Solar wrote: »

No she didn't. The Void made Wanda crazy. You mistake the master for the student, my friend...

You know what I REALLY want?

The Sentry/Void to be revealed as Mad Jim Jaspers altering reality so he can be a hero.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Bendis just announced on his Twitter page that Siege #4 is done. Hopefully this means it will come out a bit sooner than May 12 but I doubt it.

I don't know how this Twitter thing you kids have works - does that mean he is just now finishing the script, or that the entire issue is complete?

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I don't know how this Twitter thing you kids have works - does that mean he is just now finishing the script, or that the entire issue is complete?

Here's the entire "twit" for reference: "lettering tweaked on the last issues of new avengers and dark avengers. siege 4 and NA finale and dark reign is a wrap."

Pretty sure that means the entire thing is done but like I said I still doubt they'd bump the release date up.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Here's the entire "twit" for reference: "lettering tweaked on the last issues of new avengers and dark avengers. siege 4 and NA finale and dark reign is a wrap."

Can we call them twats? And man, I don't want to wait that long to see Sentry die.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Can we call them twats? And man, I don't want to wait that long to see Sentry die.

The original release date was April 21 so technically the issue can come out as soon as April 28.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wanda is up in the crazy mountains. The only image of Wanda we've seen is Loki crossdressing, and there hasn't been anything that points to her showing up in the last issue. If they would have thrown out some kind of teaser or something in issue 3 of Siege, I might be swayed, but the only thing they showed was Bob going full tilt psycho, and Norman in green face under his armor. It's all about Bob going supernuts and dissolving himself.

Clint knows where Wanda is; he found her after being brought back to life post-House of M.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cshadow42 wrote: »

Clint knows where Wanda is; he found her after being brought back to life post-House of M.

He didn't just find her... :winky:

Solar on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    He was summoned like a Familiar.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Loser 1 and Loser 2 revealed for Secret Avengers lineup:

war-machine-secret-avengers_02.jpg

beast-secret-avengers_02.jpg

Beast, you judas, replacing the X on your uniform with an A. Adulterer!

Those IamanAvenger.com fonts at the bottom look as bad as the Twilight manga lettering.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm still waiting on Moon Knight to be revealed as a SA. Come on Mooney!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Crappy Photoshop Font tool. Nice.

I'm utterly shocked that those silhouettes turned out to be exactly who people expected.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I swear that font is Adobe Minion at the bottom, or some version of Garamond. It's just you've got this big bold Avengers logo and font, and then you go with some serif font.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Secret Avengers has the most interesting line-up so far.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Yes it does

And it's not being written by Bendis so I will read it

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    They are two good choices, I give them that, the Thing and Hawkeye are the only cool ones from the other team choices. Beast needs to not wear his glasses when jumping into action though.

edit: Wait, why does Beast have 5 fingers again, what the fuck Marvel.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    look he was reading hells of tom clancy and then a fight broke out and he totally lost his page so he went feral

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Loser 1 and Loser 2 revealed for Secret Avengers lineup:

war-machine-secret-avengers_02.jpg

beast-secret-avengers_02.jpg

Beast, you judas, replacing the X on your uniform with an A. Adulterer!

Those IamanAvenger.com fonts at the bottom look as bad as the Twilight manga lettering.

This one is the most confusing Beast promo yet, becuase his head is pretty much the cat head, yet he has five fingers. I'm beginning to wonder if they are even going to write a change for him, or that artists are just going to start drawing him with fingers becuase hey, why not?

MastaP on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's like they forgot that Beast was transformed and that he went through that whole period where he had to relearn how to use his hands again from Morrison's run.

But that kind of answers itself though, it was Morrison's run so hey, fuck it.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    look unless the fingers retcon TRAGIC I HAVE NO FINGERS stories in beast's past, who gives a fig

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    remind you stories written by grant morrison don't count

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    It's like they forgot that Beast was transformed and that he went through that whole period where he had to relearn how to use his hands again from Morrison's run.

But that kind of answers itself though, it was Morrison's run so hey, fuck it.

You'd think. And I got that vibe from the first heroic age promo, but this one has the cat head.

MastaP on