As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

From Zero to Hero-ic Age: Dark Reign is OVER, WE WON!

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Going by how Brubaker is fucking over Zemo's cool characterization in his upcoming Cap run, I can see him just ignoring everything people did with Beast, and even let him date Trish Tilby again because that's iconic hurp durp.

Even War Machine is back to his "classic" armor with the chain gun and missles on his shoulders.

TexiKen on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, this isn't the first time someone has been drawn with different hands than they should have in a Marvel publication.
    61kSq7GxeYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    four fingers instead of five

Antimatter on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MARVEL IS GETTING SO MANY ANGRY LETTERS

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    They are two good choices, I give them that, the Thing and Hawkeye are the only cool ones from the other team choices.
    You.

Crimsondude on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Going by how Brubaker is fucking over Zemo's cool characterization in his upcoming Cap run, I can see him just ignoring everything people did with Beast, and even let him date Trish Tilby again because that's iconic hurp durp.

Even War Machine is back to his "classic" armor with the chain gun and missles on his shoulders.

I really find it very stupid how everyone bags on a guy for writing a character in a certain way WHEN THE STORY HASN'T EVEN BEEN PUBLISHED YET.

MastaP on
    edited April 2010
    BUT THE PREVIEW IMAGES CLEARLY SHOW HE IS RAPIN' MY CHILDHOOD

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    edited April 2010
    His interviews about that upcoming story leave little in the way of what he wants to do to Zemo.

He basically goes "Zemo is a Cap villain. Zemo hasn't been in a Cap book in years, therefore Zemo should be a villain again and fight Bucky."

Does not compute, MastaP.

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    Also: that's pretty much the same armor that Rodey has been using since 2006. It's the Avengers: Initiative design.

MastaP on
    edited April 2010
    His interviews about that upcoming story leave little in the way of what he wants to do to Zemo.

He basically goes "Zemo is a Cap villain. Zemo hasn't been in a Cap book in years, therefore Zemo should be a villain again and fight Bucky."

You can have a character in a villain role opposite a hero without having them be mustache twirling evil. And besides, NEVER trust creator interviews. EVER.

MastaP on
    edited April 2010
    MastaP wrote: »
    Also: that's pretty much the same armor that Rodey has been using since 2006. It's the Avengers: Initiative design.

I was thinking more from his first series days, and from when he fought Exodus in Bloodties and got the crap beat out of him.

I thought his recent design was bigger, since he was part of the machine and armor, like a big blob of guns and lasers.

"Tony this is Rhodey, need a new armor, stat. "

"10-4 good buddy, let me forget everything I did during Civil War and I'll whip up a new one for you."

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    maybe he didn't feel like having all the guns and lasers out for that picture

that shit is heavy texiken

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd really like to know how they landed on these quotes. Is that supposed to be something War Machine would say or a quote that encapsulates his personality or what?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    maybe he didn't feel like having all the guns and lasers out for that picture

that shit is heavy texiken

Yah, he's in his new clone body, no more cyborg Rhodey with all the extra whosimawhatsits. He'll probably use a fuller panalopy of badassery once the series starts.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    what is also interesting is that they took off key elements on those shadows to prevent them from being easily identified. So the other ones might be the same way.

ManetherenWolf on
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Someone post the original shadow images for comparison?

EDIT: here.

Knowing that they cut out elements of the shadows changes things. I'm calling Archangel for "excels through adversity" now.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

You can have a character in a villain role opposite a hero without having them be mustache twirling evil. And besides, NEVER trust creator interviews. EVER.

He's also said he doesn't like how Zemo's been built into a noble antihero type the past years and should be took "back to basics".

It reminds me of nothing so much as Morrison's comments about doing the same to Magneto when he was writing him murdering masses of new yorkers.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

He's also said he doesn't like how Zemo's been built into a noble antihero type the past years and should be took "back to basics".

It reminds me of nothing so much as Morrison's comments about doing the same to Magneto when he was writing him murdering masses of new yorkers.

It hurts my brain trying to reconcile statements like that with the concept of character development. If the fans and other writers are enjoying what they're doing with Zemo why does he the feel to piss in the swimming pool of creativity?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jeff Parker writing a Gorilla Man mini-series starting in July

GorillaMan-cover_02.jpg

Furu on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jeff Parker has a crush on the Gorilla-Man, which is good because Gorilla-man rules

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This one still trips me out:
    1265821909.jpg

The legs don't line up at all with the position from the waist. It's almost as if they shaved half a torso off... what would that reveal to us?

edit: I just printed it to pencil over, looks as if she is doing a Captain Morgan's pose with one leg bent as to be standing on something.

int46.GIF

cardboard delusions on
  • RansRans Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    the sentry, of course

Rans on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That's Wanda.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rans wrote: »
    the sentry, of course

Oh god. You could be right. Long hair, and crop out an arm and half the body so we think it's a girl...

RAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS!

cardboard delusions on
    edited April 2010
    I think the shadow boob disproves the Sentry theory. At least I hope.

wirehead26 on
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Its Songbird.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Everything about that image screams Wanda to me, but I hope it's not.

Hensler on
    edited April 2010
    Why do you hope it's not Hensler? It's got Brubaker at the helm and I can only imagine the interactions between her and Beast.

wirehead26 on
  • Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm gonna go way out in left field and say this...Storm.

Silver_Mage on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In my broken, deluded mind that is clearly the Sentry with his arms folded across his chest.

Solar on
  • Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You know what, the arms folded approach fits perfectly. Now I have no clue who it is.

Silver_Mage on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It would be awesome if the Captain Morgan mascot was a Secret Avenger.

desc on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    Jeff Parker writing a Gorilla Man mini-series starting in July
    That's going to be awesome. How awesome?

So awesome.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for DC to put out a new Angel and the Ape mini-series.

Munch on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Whatever happened with that Hitmonkey comic everyone was so excited for? How did it turn out?

Hensler on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hensler wrote: »
    Whatever happened with that Hitmonkey comic everyone was so excited for? How did it turn out?

Pretty good. Like Munch said before, they played the monkey thing straight, and it worked.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited April 2010
    I'm gonna go way out in left field and say this...Storm.

Never gonna happen, two X-men on the same Avenger team. Plus if the whole 'Secret' Avenger thing is about stealth operations I can't see anything subtle about lightning bolts, tsunamis and that shit. Plus it would be really lame to always use weather as a guise for the missions. "NEWS FLASH: MYSTERIOUS TIDAL WAVE WIPES OUT ALL TERRORISTS IN NORTH KOREA... no civilians casualties" Or even fog at the least used for hiding to get in and out of where they need to go, I feel like it would be a crutch for the team. Beast and War Machine are solid and hopefully the rest of the team will be too.

cardboard delusions on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm guessing either Wanda or Songbird for the unknown chick. Plus if we get Wanda you just know there is going to be a hilarious love triangle between her and Young Avengers Cassia and Vision.

IAmAnAvenger_SecretAvengers_6.jpg

For this one I'm guessing Patriot from Young Avengers, not sure why I think it's him but . . .

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    yea that boob could definitely be an elbow for that one

mts on
    camo_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    Siege: Loki preview

Dear Lord does this look awesome.

wirehead26 on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm guessing either Wanda or Songbird for the unknown chick. Plus if we get Wanda you just know there is going to be a hilarious love triangle between her and Young Avengers Cassia and Vision.

IAmAnAvenger_SecretAvengers_6.jpg

For this one I'm guessing Patriot from Young Avengers, not sure why I think it's him but . . .

I want it to be Black Panther so that I can have my monthly BP fill now that his title is done.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited April 2010
    Mask read Doomwar it is really really good, Mayberry should do more Black Panther stuff.

TexiKen on