As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Popular characters that you just aren't fond of.

123457»

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I have to say, after rethinking Hal, I actually sort of like him now. He's so bland, it's become his defining character trait, and I think that's kind of cool. I mean, when he was brought back he found himself surrounded by his peers, who had all apparently gone batshit fucking loco; Superman was being a simpering pussy, Bart was wearing Wally's pajamas, Wonder Woman was killing the JLI's public face, and Batman was building satellites that would help kill his friends. So Hal comes back and is all, "Holy fucking wow. Screw this, I'm gonna go punch out some bad guys with boxing gloves and fight a bunch of space aliens."

Munch on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    Wally was still around when Hal came back

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    totallymiketotallymike Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I love carnage. But then again I have a soft spot in my heart for fictional villainous crazies.

totallymike on
    I'd like to believe that there's a step between shitting out of your vagina and lawyers

totallym1ke.png
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I love carnage. But then again I have a soft spot in my heart for fictional villainous crazies.

Get out get the fuck out now out now. OUT. NOW.
    CARNAGE?! OUT! NOW!

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    maybe not so much the recent carnage stuff but I liked maximum carnage and the origin story's a fun read

toxin? yeah not so much

totallymike on
    I'd like to believe that there's a step between shitting out of your vagina and lawyers

totallym1ke.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I enjoy Carnage
    getting ripped in half by Sentry

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I liked Carnage if only because he's the only guy who could make Venom, a character dedicated to eating the brains of sentient beings go, "Wow. This dude? This dude right here? Fucking crazy."

Munch on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Yes. That's always pleased me, although I've never known Venom to be much of a brain eater.

totallymike on

totallym1ke.png
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    I hate Superman, yet I love the Smallville show. Mainly because TV-Clark's life pretty much blows right now, and he's not as perfect as the hero he'll become.
    Also, Captain America. Cap is a bitch.

That's it for now. Basically, though, I hate the ones who're "perfect." I like the flawed characters, or ones with a dark side, or ones who just keep getting kicked in the balls by life (like Spidey).

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Cap haters deserve to have a large vibranium shield shoved up thier ass.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Cap haters deserve to have a large vibranium shield shoved up thier ass.

Pretty much.

-edit-

But I'm pretty proud of this group of people here that I was able to denounce the Wolvie weeabo phase without a single comment of disagreement being raised.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    rchourchou Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I don't find the X-Men particularly interesting, but I still watch the movies.

rchou on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The whole Captain America thing is becoming a bit "nevar forget" for me

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Kid Flash there buddy

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »

I agree. I wear my cap shirt less and less these days because I'd hate to be thought a band-wagoneer.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    jeepguy wrote: »

I agree. I wear my cap shirt less and less these days because I'd hate to be thought a band-wagoneer.

I've been reading Cap since even before Brubaker relaunched it. Although that run before Kirkman's Avengers Dissasembled storyline was shitty.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »

Kid Flash there buddy

Wally was Flash before Hal died

Unless it's just that there was a new Kid Flash

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MufasaJoeMufasaJoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    X Man.

MufasaJoe on
  • Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I hear the Green Lantern has changed now, but I used to hate him. I thought it was super lame to have a color as your weakness.

"Hey, that's a pretty cool ring. Oh ya? Willpower you say? That's awesome. You were appointed Guardian of the Universe? Right on. Hey, how'd you get that bruise? I'm sorry what? Did you... did you just say yellow? Like anything yellow. So basically you're good unless up against day-glo pants or pee. Ya. Good luck with that. I hope nobody evil discovers paint."

*toss*

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sarcastro wrote: »
    I hear the Green Lantern has changed now, but I used to hate him. I thought it was super lame to have a color as your weakness.

"Hey, that's a pretty cool ring. Oh ya? Willpower you say? That's awesome. You were appointed Guardian of the Universe? Right on. Hey, how'd you get that bruise? I'm sorry what? Did you... did you just say yellow? Like anything yellow. So basically you're good unless up against day-glo pants or pee. Ya. Good luck with that. I hope nobody evil discovers paint."

*toss*

That was because a yellow alien thing tainted their power source. Now it's just the rookies who have the weakness to yellow.

It was always a silly weakness though.
    I mean shit man.
    What the hell do you think MAKES green? Blue and red?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It was always a silly weakness though.
    I mean shit man.
    What the hell do you think MAKES green? Blue and red?

If you're talking pigments. Green is a primary color of light, though.

Red and green make yellow!

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Servo wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Slagmire wrote: »
    Spider-Man: Hey Spider-Man? Penance and Spawn just called, they would like some of their emo back please.
    Given that Spidey LENT IT TO THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE, I would think they can go fuck themselves.

man, no kidding

spider-man's the original meal deal of superheroes with crappy lives

(except when he marries a supermodel)

Yeah but she's his sloppy seconds. Imagine marrying your sloppy seconds. Teh emo.

Sloppy seconds? Come now, come now. Also, emo? That goddamn internet term is getting dismissive and gay. Parker isn't assertive lately (or fuck, ever), but emo just doesn't fit. The black outfit isn't him becoming emo, so much as it's him becoming proactive and ready to throw trucks at your goofy ass should you see fit to fuck with his personal life.
    It's stated that his true love is actually Gwen Stacey. Someone brought this up in another debate but yes, it makes MJ sloppy seconds. Hot. But not who he really really wanted.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Servo wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Slagmire wrote: »
    Spider-Man: Hey Spider-Man? Penance and Spawn just called, they would like some of their emo back please.
    Given that Spidey LENT IT TO THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE, I would think they can go fuck themselves.

man, no kidding

spider-man's the original meal deal of superheroes with crappy lives

(except when he marries a supermodel)

Yeah but she's his sloppy seconds. Imagine marrying your sloppy seconds. Teh emo.

Sloppy seconds? Come now, come now. Also, emo? That goddamn internet term is getting dismissive and gay. Parker isn't assertive lately (or fuck, ever), but emo just doesn't fit. The black outfit isn't him becoming emo, so much as it's him becoming proactive and ready to throw trucks at your goofy ass should you see fit to fuck with his personal life.
    It's stated that his true love is actually Gwen Stacey. Someone brought this up in another debate but yes, it makes MJ sloppy seconds. Hot. But not who he really really wanted.

That entire thing is completely retarded. Gwen may have been his first real love, but there is no way she is truer then Mary Jane in his heart.
    Theres a quote that sums up the whole thing perfectly.

Ah, here it is.

Gwendy
    When you were alive I thought that you were the only girl for me.
    When you died I thought my world was over.
    I was wrong on both counts, Gwendy. It took a long time, but I'm old enough now, and smart enough now, to know that whatever happened, things wouldn't have ever worked out between us. We were both young, and naive, and too much in love with being in love to realize that we were too different where it counted- you wanted a peaceful life, and I wanted crusades.
    You wouldn't have been able to adjust to the kind of life I lead, the way Mary Jane has to each and every day.
    It's not the only reason I'm madly in love with her; it's just one of the reasons why love is possible.
    But the way I feel about her now didn't stop me from loving you then, and it doesn't stop me from missing you now.
    I would have liked to still be friends with you, Gwendy.
    I would have liked to see you live a long and happy life.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sloppy seconds is when you get with someone that someone else just got with. Mary Jane is not sloppy seconds, she is his second choice.

But that's also a completely stupid statement. Most people fall in love several times during their lives. Just because they don't end up marrying the first person they fell in love with does not mean that everyone else is just the second, third, or nth choice. You guys are actng like a bunch of twelve year olds.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Briareos wrote: »
    Sloppy seconds is when you get with someone that someone else just got with. Mary Jane is not sloppy seconds, she is his second choice.

But that's also a completely stupid statement. Most people fall in love several times during their lives. Just because they don't end up marrying the first person they fell in love with does not mean that everyone else is just the second, third, or nth choice. You guys are actng like a bunch of twelve year olds.

I my bet is that most people who do not understnd the Peter/MJ/Gwen relationship have never been in relationship.

Algertman on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    jeepguy wrote: »

I've been reading Cap since I was 10. I don't own any Cap Merchandise, though I still want a shirt with him Saluting with an american flag background and the bold word that say simply "America, fuck yeah!"

That being said, I've never really been a big fan of Ant man...I don't know why I just think his powers suck ass. Also I hat ultimate Cap. Hes an asshole. And I'm not too fond of Martian Manhunter outside of the DCU. I love him in DCU, but none of the actual comics of his I can find I really like that much.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Bucketman wrote: »
    And I'm not too fond of Martian Manhunter outside of the DCU. I love him in DCU, but none of the actual comics of his I can find I really like that much.

where's jordyn

we need some ostrander scans

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bucketman wrote: »
    And I'm not too fond of Martian Manhunter outside of the DCU. I love him in DCU, but none of the actual comics of his I can find I really like that much.

where's jordyn

we need some ostrander scans
    temp5df6.jpg

temp6fs4.jpg

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The green fist is kind of hokey. But Soranik Natu performing neurosurgery with tools conjured by the ring = :^::^::^: .. for me, anyway.
    Luckily, I'm the only person that matters.

Also, Ant-Man? Are we talking Pym or Eric O'Grady? Because O'Grady is an asshole. And I love it.

Dondums on
    internet
  • Options
    edited April 2007

People aren't saying Gwen was his first choice because he dated her first, people are saying it because his whole House of M story was based on the fact that when everyone was given what they truly wanted... he was given a life with Gwen Stacy, not MJ.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

People aren't saying Gwen was his first choice because he dated her first, people are saying it because his whole House of M story was based on the fact that when everyone was given what they truly wanted... he was given a life with Gwen Stacy, not MJ.

Maybe what he wanted was for her to have not died.

But of course, if she hadn't died, it'd have made no logical sense for them to not still be together.

Keep in mind that he found himself unable to accept this supposedly idyllic existence. It could be argued that, even if Ben and Gwen hadn't died, Peter would still feel a responsibility to use his powers for something more and know on some level that Gwen and him aren't meant to be together.

Frankly, I see Gwen as the high school relationship that wouldn't have necessarily lasted until adulthood, especially since Peter never trusted her with his secret.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

I think MJ is more his second chance then second choice.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Neliwood wrote: »
    The green fist is kind of hokey. But Soranik Natu performing neurosurgery with tools conjured by the ring = :^::^::^: .. for me, anyway.
    Luckily, I'm the only person that matters.

Also, Ant-Man? Are we talking Pym or Eric O'Grady? Because O'Grady is an asshole. And I love it.

Neliwood, you're posting exaclty what I think. Also, Soranik Natu can use her nimble fingers on me any day. :winky:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You know

I'm not sure why but the Fantastic Four has never really appealed to me

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

I think MJ is more his second chance then second choice.

Obviously Peter himself is the sloppy seconds in this scenario.

CyberJackal on