As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Car rental + insurance. Help?

DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So last week I was rear ended. My car was totaled. I was given a rental car.

As it stands none of the forms for the payment for my car have come through and my rental car will expire tomorrow. Since the post just delivered the forms to us to be signed there is absolutely no way we would have the payment before the rental car has to be returned.

In cases like this are insurance companies usually willing to grant extensions on rental cars?

steam_sig.png
DasUberEdward on

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Call your insurance agent and ask

Usagi on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just did he wasn't in so now i'm just trying to feel out the waters.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    (Standard disclaimer about me being in the UK)

Probably. In the analogous situation here you would be entitled to the hire car for a period of up to seven days after you received settlement. The way we do this at work is to authorise the hire car for a few days initially, and extend as necessary.

japan on
    edited April 2010
    japan wrote: »
    (Standard disclaimer about me being in the UK)

Probably. In the analogous situation here you would be entitled to the hire car for a period of up to seven days after you received settlement. The way we do this at work is to authorise the hire car for a few days initially, and extend as necessary.

Okay neat. They sent the settlement on Tuesday I think so hopefully they will be willing to realize that the mail isn't instantaneous.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    Bah just received the call back. It's five days from the day they decide to total (which was monday although I didn't talk to them) the vehicle no matter what state the settlement is in.

This has been the worst time. This can be locked.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png