As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing: you're serious?

15678911»

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    On the upside, at least they said "now the boring one is out of the way."

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Really? Have they mentioned what they intend to bring with a proper DLC?

Glal on
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    "Steel, iron, aluminum. Something in common..."

I'd say that's pointing towards Metal Sonic as a DLC character.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    A little revival here...
    "Steel, iron, aluminum. Something in common..."

I'd say that's pointing towards Metal Sonic as a DLC character.

I'd say you're right, but there's more to it than that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av9nnnoGkTQ

Apparently, however, that got released early in Europe or something, so it's off the table for now. In the meantime, if you want to drive Ryo's forklift 24/7, then there's a DLC for that now at 320 Microsoft Points/.

There is some speculation on who else is coming, but word is that it's all already done, and it's up to SEGA to release it as they will now.

Digging Metal Sonic's cycle, though; reminds me of the Ride Chasers and other hoverbikes in the Mega Man X series.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Read about this. Apparently Sony put it on the EU store, only for SEGA to tell them to pull it. Supposedly there was some confusion about the release date. (Although, conspiracy theorists are saying it was Microsoft complaining about Sony getting it first... go figure.)

There's a Ristar cameo in the Death Egg stage, which has caused a bit of disappointment, since it's only a cameo.

However, I will say that Forklift Ryo is seriously overpriced for what you get. Hence why I haven't bothered. Besides, I'm still kicking butt with Amy and the Bonanza Bros., so why would I want Ryo? :)

For anyone who cares about the stats, Metal Sonic is the same as Eggman, minus a notch in Speed. Forklift Ryo is, from what I've read, the same stats as Ulala.

BlitzAce1981 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I guess I could see why MS would be upset... they seem to have invested a lot more into this than Sony has...

Btw, anyone found the 360 version at Toys R Us in the States? They don't have it in Canada, just the Wii and DS versions. Problem being, I have some $10 coupon cards and would rather have the version with Banjo and DLC compatibility. :P

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Welp, so much for it being pulled from PSN on grounds of fairness... 360 owners get Metal Sonic and Death Egg today. PS3 owners like me? 2 weeks wait. Microsoft and SEGA have just made my list of people to punch in the nuts if I ever meet them. (The list currently has about a dozen or so racers, plus whoever made the random number generator for items; I do not find it funny how I get triple mines, shields, and single KO gloves in 2nd, while everyone else seems to get triple rockets.)

For those wondering, Metal Sonic + Death Egg is 560 MSP (although it started at 800, due to a cock-up), and will be £4.79/€5.99/$7.99 when it FINALLY gets put on PS3. The five music tracks are:

* Cosmic Fall
    * General Offensive
    * Never Let It Go
    * Egg Fleet
    * Space Gadget

BlitzAce1981 on
  • Options
    PrincepeachPrincepeach Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Never thought it would be a game like this that would finally make me annoyed about Microsoft's weird DLC/demo control policies.

That's pretty shitty.

Princepeach on