As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: Explosions, Hyperbole, and Hyperbolic Explosions

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Do the A-10 strafing runs deal damage? Or are they just in the level for the cool factor?

I've never seen anyone killed by one. It'd be cool/horrible if they did though.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Malkor wrote: »
    Do the A-10 strafing runs deal damage? Or are they just in the level for the cool factor?

Hell, an A-10 main gun can take out a tank easy.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • VeitsevVeitsev Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Less posting more playing on the dome

Veitsev on
    nibblersig-1.jpg
    Steam 3DS: 1160-9885-2554
  • JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Beltaine wrote: »
    You know what I'd like to see; anti-personnel mines.

Yes, I'm sadistic.

Seriously

Or just any kind of explosive I can set-and-forget as a trap

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

It's imbalanced and should be patched out then.
    Jaunty wrote: »

Yes, I'm sadistic.

Seriously

Yay something else for people to whine about!

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited April 2010
    Why are there only two people in the dome

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nickle wrote: »
    Daemonion wrote: »
    You guys are still going on about CG and the M60?

...I think I'm done with this thread for a while.

Nah, just bitching about a particularly bad group of people I played with earlier.

Who happened to use nothing but M60s. And still lost.

It was a very long and boring match. This game can be great fun, but when you're up against a team of 4 recons/8 medics who never leave their spawn to attack (don't know how, or don't wanna ruin the K/D), the matches get extremely tedious.

Until about 20 tickets left, when the recons remember they have mortars. Then around 10 tickets left they actually start attacking. Congratulations, you now know how every Rush match plays out on the 360.
    I feel bad for people that have to play this on the 360..

Don't feel bad, we are enjoying better balance, helicopters that are actually useful, and much less rage in general. There are rush games like that, but in my experience it happens less than 10% of the time.

Ratsult2 on
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    This just in: All weapons are overpowered, EXCEPT for the ones Goomba uses.
    If anyone goes on about how bolt-action sniper rifles, the M9, or mortars are overpowered I'm gonna punch them in their face right off the server.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

Nah, just bitching about a particularly bad group of people I played with earlier.

It was a very long and boring match. This game can be great fun, but when you're up against a team of 4 recons/8 medics who never leave their spawn to attack (don't know how, or don't wanna ruin the K/D), the matches get extremely tedious.

Until about 20 tickets left, when the recons remember they have mortars. Then around 10 tickets left they actually start attacking. Congratulations, you now know how every Rush match plays out on the 360.

Don't feel bad, we are enjoying better balance, helicopters that are actually useful, and much less rage in general. There are rush games like that, but in my experience it happens less than 10% of the time.
    The rage is part of the fun...

Malkor on
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    EVERYONE ONTO ANGRY DOME NOW!!!

WMain00 on
    edited April 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »

It's imbalanced and should be patched out then.

Yes, I'm sadistic.

Seriously

Yay something else for people to whine about!

I don't care if I have to give up my side-arm and it cannot be replenished, I want this so bad

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • NoquarNoquar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Yes, I'm sadistic.

Seriously

I have died to an Anti-Tank Mine. I don't know how or why, but I did. It was not at an MCOM, it was out in the middle of a road and the tank near me had blown before I died.

Also, I see there is an achievement for roadkilling with a chopper. Has anyone done this and lived?

Noquar on
    edited April 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    EVERYONE ONTO ANGRY DOME [STRIKE]NOW[/STRIKE] IN 45 SECONDS!!!

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
    edited April 2010
    Noquar wrote: »

Yes, I'm sadistic.

Seriously

I have died to an Anti-Tank Mine. I don't know how or why, but I did. It was not at an MCOM, it was out in the middle of a road and the tank near me had blown before I died.

Also, I see there is an achievement for roadkilling with a chopper. Has anyone done this and lived?
    CarbonFire di- oh wait. :j

You can also do it with a UAV.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Usually, if you are on foot and die to an AT mine it's because you were near a vehicle that set one off, or you were near a mine that someone shot. Within a certain range, mines can chain off of each other when one explodes, making a nice domino effect of 'splosions.

Also, I am work, can't play the Dome from here.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Goomba wrote: »

Yes, I'm sadistic.

Seriously

One time I got a roadkill with a helicopter on a tank driver. That was pretty cool.

I got in the helicopter, right? And KimChi gets in as gunner. And the first thing he says in his annoying little fucking KimChi way (permaban KimChi) is "I hope you don't suck."

So the first thing I do is nose dive the Hind into an enemy Bradley. But it doesn't explode right away, right? No, it flips upside down and starts rolling back and forth across the top of the Bradley. So for some reason, the driver jumps out and gets rolled over.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So, the R9 announcement got kinda glossed over at the end of the previous thread, so here are the new update details:
    • Autobalance improved, it shuffles people both during and between rounds now, and does a better job.

I sure hope the autobalance works :whistle:

Wait a sec... during the game? Automagically? Does anyone else think that'll be annoying and/or confusing?

DietarySupplement on
    edited April 2010
    KimChi does have a way with his voice.

Maybe it is his mic.

Maybe he does it on purpose.

It is a mystery.

Malkor on
  • SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So when will TAD be updated to R9?

Riiiiiiiight..... now.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
    edited April 2010
    So, the R9 announcement got kinda glossed over at the end of the previous thread, so here are the new update details:
    • Autobalance improved, it shuffles people both during and between rounds now, and does a better job.

I sure hope the autobalance works :whistle:

Wait a sec... during the game? Automagically? Does anyone else think that'll be annoying and/or confusing?

Don't ask questions. Shoot.

Problem solved.

Malkor on
    edited April 2010
    KimChi does have a way with his voice.

Maybe it is his mic.

Maybe he does it on purpose.

It is a mystery.
    What kind of person would go out of their way to make people dislike them to such an extent?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    El Guaco wrote: »
    It will be nice to have a better auto-balance mode. When your team gets rolled repeatedly it's hard to have fun.

I wish ATI cards would get a patch for the long load times. The other night I had to wait so long the first 2 points were already taken.

I think ATI is on the hook for this one, as they need to get their DX10 shaders to load a lot faster.

And, as has been stated many times before, we need a customizable pre-round timer so bad.

I believe if you download the Beta 10.4 drivers, this issue is fixed.

Satsumomo on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Yes, I'm sadistic.

Seriously

I once flattened a whole squad that was running from A to B on the first Isla points, dropped off some mans, then flew off again. Twas pretty epic.

And yes Goomba, out of the 28,000 times you've called in a Mortar Strike, you got me that one time in a chopper. GJ.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well yeah, but... even if the teams are horribly unbalanced* and one team is getting rolled... why shuffle the team mid-match? Let it play out, then shuffle at the end. The bitching can be pretty epic if all of a sudden you're doing well, perhaps the ace player on your team, and you get shuffled somewhere between points 3 and 4 on a rush map. Same goes if you were playing with a good buddy and now you get separated. I guess I'll hold judgment until I see it in action... but I'm concerned.

*Unbalanced in terms of 16v16 yet one team is really pounded the other. What I call Dome Syndrome.

DietarySupplement on
    edited April 2010

Yes, I'm sadistic.

Seriously

I once flattened a whole squad that was running from A to B on the first Isla points, dropped off some mans, then flew off again. Twas pretty epic.

And yes Goomba, out of the 28,000 times you've called in a Mortar Strike, you got me that one time in a chopper. GJ.
    Yeah but I called that one in with the sole purpose of killing a helicopter and it worked.

First to shotgun a pilot out of a helicopter: Goomba
    First to mortar a helicopter: Goomba

Just sayin', :j

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    It will be nice to have a better auto-balance mode. When your team gets rolled repeatedly it's hard to have fun.

I wish ATI cards would get a patch for the long load times. The other night I had to wait so long the first 2 points were already taken.

I think ATI is on the hook for this one, as they need to get their DX10 shaders to load a lot faster.

And, as has been stated many times before, we need a customizable pre-round timer so bad.

whaaaaaa~

Only 3 or so hours till I get home to play.

Someone install the drivers on my computer.

Malkor on
  • OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

The rage is part of the fun...

Nickle always rages about Rush mode.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When are we gonna get a shrink ray and a cryo gun? And a plasma repeater?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Don't toy with my emotions, man.

El Guaco on
    edited April 2010
    Remember the guns the Martians had in Mars Attacks?

Yeah, I want that.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • ofthefountainofthefountain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Remember the guns the Martians had in Mars Attacks?

Yeah, I want that.

I want ZF-1.

ofthefountain on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    People that whine about "camping" and "campers" are all just silly geese.

ALSO: Huzzah for new Autobalance

Not 100% true.

Played Valdez this morning and two medics managed to make it up onto the cliff outside of B. Basically you can't see them until they can see you, and when you see them they just mow you down with an M60. You kill one with a 40MM or a grenade, he gets revived by the other. Etc.

Rage quit.

Sheep on
    edited April 2010

Don't toy with my emotions, man.
    If by fixed he means not fixed, then yeah. Yeah it's fixed.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    This ATI stuff worries me. I just ordered a pair of 5870s for a new computer build.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    People that whine about "camping" and "campers" are all just silly geese.

ALSO: Huzzah for new Autobalance

Not 100% true.

Played Valdez this morning and two medics managed to make it up onto the cliff outside of B. Basically you can't see them until they can see you, and when you see them they just mow you down with an M60. You kill one with a 40MM or a grenade, he gets revived by the other. Etc.

Rage quit.

Smoke them out. It's hard to hit what you cannot see 8-)

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm content now, and unfortunately I need to go. It's only fun when I get to play with you guys! ^_^

WMain00 on
    edited April 2010
    This ATI stuff worries me. I just ordered a pair of 5870s for a new computer build.
    They are in fact great cards. Once you're in the game you won't care. Trust me.

Malkor on
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have a 5870. The approximate time I get in after round start is like 1000 milliseconds.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
    edited April 2010
    Paladin wrote: »
    I have a 5870. The approximate time I get in after round start is like 1000 milliseconds.

Which is the exact amount of time it takes to steal an Apache and fly it over to the opposing team's spawn.

Malkor on
  • BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I too wish the ATI loading issue didn't exist. Ah well. My old Nvidia card that I was using couldn't handle the game very well. Couldn't beat the price of a 5770 either.
    I so wish I could play this more often.

joking
    The wife all wanting to spend time together. pfftt. We sleep next to each other. Isn't that enough?
    /joking

Bolthorn on