As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

From Zero to Hero-ic Age: Dark Reign is OVER, WE WON!

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Mask read Doomwar it is really really good, Mayberry should do more Black Panther stuff.

No, he needs to write me some more Joe Ledger novels ASAP, since Marvel stuck him with the crappy sister of Black Panther and then just shoved Doomwar out with no fan fare. Black Panther was a doomed title before Mayberry even took over - he's going to be wasted on anything that Marvel's willing to give him, so I'd rather just seem him write more novels.

Hensler on
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I thought someone suggested this before - one Cap leads the main Avengers and the other will lead the Secret Avengers. Otherwise why would we have Steve and Bucky both wearing the uniform.

cardboard delusions on
    edited April 2010
    I thought someone suggested this before - one Cap leads the main Avengers and the other will lead the Secret Avengers. Otherwise why would we have Steve and Bucky both wearing the uniform.

Steve said he doesn't want to be Captain America again, but Marvel forced him back into the costume for Siege. I wouldn't expect them to be wearing the same uniform once this event is over (and he becomes director of SHIELD).

Hensler on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Mask read Doomwar it is really really good, Mayberry should do more Black Panther stuff.

I will once the trade is out. I lost my job back in January and was unemployed until recently, so now that I'm working again I've sworn off buying singles unless I get them from Marvel Direct.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The last issue of Cap Reborn made a pretty big deal about Steve not wearing the Cap outfit anymore, so I wouldn't expect him to be leading one of the teams in that guise.

If he's going below the radar, though, I suppose Secret Avengers is a good fit for him.

Robos A Go Go on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Loser 1 and Loser 2 revealed for Secret Avengers lineup:

war-machine-secret-avengers_02.jpg[IMG][/img]beast-secret-avengers_02.jpgBeast, you judas, replacing the X on your uniform with an A.Adulterer!

Those IamanAvenger.com fonts at the bottom look as bad as the Twilight manga lettering.

It's a nice uniform, but I think he should change the color of the letter. Make it stand out more. Maybe something like a bright red.

TeaSpoon on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Beast should dye portions of his fur red and white and be America's Beast. That'll stop the anti-mutant extremists.

"You hate mutants? You hate America!"

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Beast should dye portions of his fur red and white and be America's Beast. That'll stop the anti-mutant extremists.

"You hate mutants? You hate America!"

I always thought that USAgent would be massively pro-mutant because as far as he is concerned they are US citizens and therefore have the same rights everyone else does. It would be great to see him beating up anti-mutant gangs because they are un-american.

Solar on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Beast is a Secret Avenger, and he has an A on his costume, but Wolverine is on 2 different teams, and still wears his X. Think about that one.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well Beast is only a Secret Avenger now.

Furu on
    edited April 2010
    Beast is a Secret Avenger, and he has an A on his costume, but Wolverine is on 2 different teams, and still wears his X. Think about that one.

Wolverine's still on 2 different X-teams, and he's been with the X-Men a lot longer than he has the Avengers. The only team that Beast is on that we know of is the Secret Avengers. What is there to think about?

Hensler on
    edited April 2010
    I want Wonder Man to be a Secret Avenger, but none of the silhouettes fit him, right?

Robos A Go Go on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wasp made him a new costume.

From beyond the grave.
    Woooo!

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hensler wrote: »

Wolverine's still on 2 different X-teams, and he's been with the X-Men a lot longer than he has the Avengers. The only team that Beast is on that we know of is the Secret Avengers. What is there to think about?

Shouldn't Beast be trying to keep it a secret, though?

Fencingsax on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Here's the link to the Marvel previews for April 14 which includes Siege: Loki, Siege: Young Avengers and Siege: Captain America.

Art on the Cap book looks a bit wonky to be honest.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Based on the excerpt from Siege: Loki, it looks like my prediction was correct: Everything is going according to Loki's plan.

I'm interested in this concept that there is something else awaiting the Asgardians now that Hela is no longer collecting their spirits.

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
    edited April 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Here's the link to the Marvel previews for April 14 which includes Siege: Loki, Siege: Young Avengers and Siege: Captain America.

Art on the Cap book looks a bit wonky to be honest.

That Ares book looks rad as hell.

Hensler on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    CP Smith is doing art for the Ares book, so I'm sold.

TexiKen on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Hensler wrote: »

Shouldn't Beast be trying to keep it a secret, though?

Exactly my point. He's not keeping it a very good "secret".

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
    edited April 2010
    Didn't Beast and Rhodes used to be in the Avengers at the same time, during when Rhodes was filling in for Tony Stark as Iron Man?

cshadow42 on
  • JeremyRadioJeremyRadio Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    my favorite part of Dark Reign is Deadpool stealing Osbornes ATM card

JeremyRadio on
    edited April 2010
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Didn't Beast and Rhodes used to be in the Avengers at the same time, during when Rhodes was filling in for Tony Stark as Iron Man?

I think Beast was before Rhodey. How many issues was Beast an Avenger though? In my head I want to say he was only a member for a few issues, but that doesn't seem right.

TexiKen on
    edited April 2010
    Rhodey was Iron Man around the time of Secret War, and Beast wasn't on the Avengers then.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    my favorite part of Dark Reign is Deadpool stealing Osbornes ATM card

Somewhat related, when Osborne sent Hawkeye (Bullseye) after Deadpool when he 'Lol respawned', much hilarity ensued.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    edited April 2010
    "Chainsaw for the win!" - Best quote ever

cshadow42 on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Apparently the Siege: Loki one-shot coming out tomorrow will give some fairly vital info about the motivations behind the Siege of Asgard.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cshadow42 wrote: »

I think Beast was before Rhodey. How many issues was Beast an Avenger though? In my head I want to say he was only a member for a few issues, but that doesn't seem right.

He was an Avenger in the '70s for around 80 issues on and off before he joined the Defenders.

And now, the Luke Cage-led Thunderbolts.

Crimsondude on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Interesting look.

I like the Luke Cage thing, trying to actually give him a costume finally.

Glad to see confirmation that the old school team members are back in some function too.

Not so sure about the Songbird "Punk" look though.

ManetherenWolf on
    edited April 2010
    At first I was annoyed by the Songbird redesign, but then I realized that she didn't really fit in with the other Thunderbolts and overall aesthetic of the team anymore. Luke Cage is already the odd-man out as the straightforward hero, so Songbird's characterization would have been a bit redundant if it'd been left alone. If you mess with her look a little to reference her villainous side, however, and you're good to go.

And it makes sense for her to be in a dark place. She stood up to Osborne when nobody else would, became a fugitive, then missed out on the glory and credit everyone else enjoyed when Osborne was finally taken down. She took a principled stand, Moonstone committed treason, and at the end of the day they're both viewed the same way and placed on the same team. I'd be pissed too.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited April 2010
    I like all the designs, the one I'm wary of is Cage's just because he looks a bit too much like Gauntlet.

I don't mind Songbird's costume redo but she needs longer hair, her hair looks like Pink and Pink is yuck.

The Mach V should be more futuristic looking, but maybe this one will be more weapons-based like mini War Machine compared to Abe's Mach II or III design.

TexiKen on
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Interesting look.

I like the Luke Cage thing, trying to actually give him a costume finally.

Glad to see confirmation that the old school team members are back in some function too.

Not so sure about the Songbird "Punk" look though.

Thanks to this artist I think this is the first time I've been excited for Thunderbolts since the first arc of Ellis's Thunderbolts

MastaP on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You know... and after that there is only one question I still have. Man Thing???

ManetherenWolf on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ARE YOU QUESTIONING TED SALLIS

Antimatter on
    edited April 2010
    Answer: Man-Thing!!!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just went from being on the fence about this book, to being really excited for it.

Munch on
    edited April 2010
    Man Thing needs a new look......Red Man Thing, then Iron Spider Man Thing, and Battle Damage Man Thing.

TexiKen on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    CROSSBONES!?

What the fuck?

DarkWarrior on
    edited April 2010
    CROSSBONES!?

What the fuck?

Best member of the team right there.

Hensler on
    edited April 2010
    Meh, they're giving him non-lethal weaponry.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited April 2010
    They're making him the Lee Harvey Oswald of the superhero scene.

But yeah, it's a pretty intriguing choice. Worse comes to worse he'll occupy the same role Bullseye had in Ellis' team, albeit more racist than sadist.

Robos A Go Go on