As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat] Lich King? We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune

1565758596062»

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    shryke wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    I see it following a DnD during a pull. Spreads your diseases fast and get on Blood Boil asap.

1 minute cooldown kinda kills that.

Well, it's not something you use every pull.

But that's my point.

With that cooldown, it becomes something you can't work into your rotation.

So it's really just an "Oh Shit" button, and the times when you REALLY need to "Oh Shit" quickly apply those diseases aren't that common.

Or, really, there's plenty of times where you'd love to be able to do it, but the cooldown means you are gonna just learn to do without and then Outbreak becomes something you forgot you had.

Really, it's kinda like Blood Tap.

It's a cooldown ability.

Why would you need to work it into your rotation?

I don't understand.

That's my point.

In PvE, you've always got the time to drop those diseases on the target.

Unless you are playing in such a way as to need to use Outbreak, in which case you are gonna be needing to use it alot more often then once every minute.

So, an ability that lets you forgo IT/PS/Pesti (three runes) once a minute and allows you to use those runes on other aggro abilities is useless.

Right.

edit: Wait, it's single target? Okay, that's much less useful.

reVerse on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Or you just use it every time it makes sense to and it's off cooldown, like Starfall.

Opty on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd say it's just like Heroic Throw in WoTLK. You just don't have it available every pull and you deal. It lets you pick up adds fast without needing the broken as a goose Icy Touch. I hope.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I see it following a DnD during a pull. Spreads your diseases fast and get on Blood Boil asap.

1 minute cooldown kinda kills that.

Well, it's not something you use every pull.

But that's my point.

With that cooldown, it becomes something you can't work into your rotation.

So it's really just an "Oh Shit" button, and the times when you REALLY need to "Oh Shit" quickly apply those diseases aren't that common.

Or, really, there's plenty of times where you'd love to be able to do it, but the cooldown means you are gonna just learn to do without and then Outbreak becomes something you forgot you had.

Really, it's kinda like Blood Tap.

It's a cooldown ability.

Why would you need to work it into your rotation?

I don't understand.

That's my point.

In PvE, you've always got the time to drop those diseases on the target.

Unless you are playing in such a way as to need to use Outbreak, in which case you are gonna be needing to use it alot more often then once every minute.

So, an ability that lets you forgo IT/PS/Pesti (three runes) once a minute and allows you to use those runes on other aggro abilities is useless.

Right.

edit: Wait, it's single target? Okay, that's much less useful.

You still go from eating 3 runes to 1, and it'll either be enough for a combo attack or 2 heart strikes/blood boils.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, even as a single target ability, it still gives you "free" Frost/Unholy rune pair every minute which you can then use on Fr/U ability.

edit: Yes, exactly. It saves you two runes every minute. That's, y'know, fine. Not as good as if it was AoE, but still. A rune saved is an Obli earned.

reVerse on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I mean I use blood tap and that's only 1 free rune a minute.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This deserves more attention.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/3p9/gnomeregan2.xml
    Thermaplugg is no trifling gnome, though his arrogance will be his undoing!

Oats on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Imagine, if the Gnomes weren't completely fucking stupid and awful, that might be pretty cool.

But because it's Gnomes, it's not.

reVerse on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    I'd give it more attention if it meant anything. The attack on Gnomer is coming! Okay...any sort of notes/PTR/ETA? No? Well, thanks for repeating information!

Oh, the event requires level 75. Cool, I guess.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd say it's just like Heroic Throw in WoTLK. You just don't have it available every pull and you deal. It lets you pick up adds fast without needing the broken as a goose Icy Touch. I hope.

Unless it's got some sort of modifier, it's no good for that since it's got no snap aggro.

But yeah, it's more like Heroic Throw. It's there, it's useful once in awhile maybe, but it's really not much.

I mean I use blood tap and that's only 1 free rune a minute.

Blood Tap is WAY more useful though.

shryke on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    forty wrote: »
    Q: Are one-handed Fury warriors going to be competing with rogues for one-handed weapons?
    A: This is unlikely. Rogues and shaman will want one-handers with Agility, while warriors and death knights will want them with Strength. I won’t be surprised when one of these classes picks up the other’s weapon as it could be an upgrade simply based on the damage, but it won’t be optimal.
    So slow weapons with strength will be desirable only to frost DKs and a fraction of Fury warriors? It's like the new spell power plate!

To be fair, it's not quite that bad, since there are far fewer of a weapon type than an armor type, but still.

I do think they're going overboard with how many different "types" of weapons there are, though.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Meh.

1H Caster
    2H Caster
    Off-Hand
    Tank Shield
    Caster Shield
    2H Agility
    1H Agility
    2H Strength
    1H Strength
    Ranged
    Thrown
    Relic

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm trying to pin down how I feel about this expansion, but it's hard.

I should be excited, but I feel... Alienated? Nervous? A lot of the preview content is cool on paper, but there are just so many fundamental changes to specs, gear, talent trees as a whole, etc.

Which isn't to say that change is necessarily a bad thing, but hearing some of these upcoming changes, I've lost a lot of drive to play my dudes. It's hard for me to invest in a character when I have no idea how they're going to work half a year from now, when Cata is released.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Preface: Been away from WoW since the end of Vanilla.

Is PvP still a Rock Paper Scissors type ordeal? If so who's Rock, who's Paper, and who's Scissors?
    I ask because as a Warrior I just got stomped on by a Priest. I couldn't do shit, and am wondering if I just need to L2P or if it's written in the stars that I'm gonna lose a Warrior vs Priest battle.

I guess what I'm asking is: Is there a link or some elite place I can go to to catch me up on the PvP side of things? Stuff like un/favorable matchups, gear to get, talent builds, general strategy, etc?

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Gear to get = PvP gear.

reVerse on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    there are a billion 1v1 matches where one participant is automatically at a monumental disadvantage

blizzard balances around group fighting, though

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    "nobody wants anything but Blood Tanks baw"
    waiting for it.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I don't what to say if you lost to a priest as warrior in Vanilla. No resilience, almost 1k HP advantage? Mortal Strike? There had to be some massive gear gap going on.

Anyways, PvP is not balanced against 1v1. There will be fights you always win and fights you always lose. The best you can do in a 1v1 is learn how to fight the class rather than beat it straight out. Because the game is wholly balanced around Arena and the small clashes in battlegrounds.

Arena Junkies is more advanced, but their Waiting Room does have some decent stickies if they're still there.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanks Roruz, that's pretty helpful actually.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Beezel wrote: »
    "nobody wants anything but Blood Tanks baw"
    waiting for it.

This is why they're delaying the Paladin preview, after it's out in the open no one will want to play their Paladin Tank/Healer/DPS and a mass quitting of WoW will follow! God I hope they don't hurt us too badly.

Tyberius on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Blizz: Paladin preview delayed until the 16th because seriously, fuck paladins.

I'm expecting a lot of that ascii-middle finger in the paladin forums after their preview

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I really wish I knew how some people get into random dungeons, leave, and can re-queue, while I get in them, leave, and get stuck in a lockout. I don't even see any kind of debuff anywhere.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You're locked out if a boss is dead. Not sure if that's what you mean by lockout.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I mean get put into the "random dungeon cooldown" and not a standard Heroic lockout.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The random dungeon cooldown happens no matter what, they moved it to the random dungeon screen though instead of a buff. Deserter (30m debuff) only happens if you leave a full group: if you leave a group that's not full I'm pretty sure you don't get it

Opty on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Rogue stuff should be up in ten minutes or so, hopefully.

I'm prepared to be disappointed.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm prepared for massive Poison changes.

shryke on
This discussion has been closed.