As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The old Final Fantasy XIII thread is over, but here is another.

• Options
    maguffinmaguffin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so, vercingetorix, how about that eh.

maguffin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    the gaulic leader?

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    .......no, the boss monster in the titan trials

maguffin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That guy is the worst guy EVER.

Rinder on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so i just beat the game this weekend, and was surprisingly happy with the ending. the way they used the leonna lewis (?) song was actually really well done in my opinion, and even though i wouldnt listen to the song on its own, i really liked it in context

story definitely had some cheeseball moments and typical jrpg faux-philosophizing, but thre were a good number of story points that i really liked.

now trying to do some of the postgame stuff, and a couple of these missions can suck a giant penis

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    I cannot for the life of me defeat a Zirnitra and he is the enemy for 3 fucking missions. I've only got those 3 and the A class Rhaktavija mission left to do.

I fucked Gigantuar in his pussy ass last night. (By which I mean I only won because I used an elixir and summoned Bahamut twice)

Any suggestions on these damn Zirnitras?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Right now, I'm going to go in and bank on Lightning hitting him with an instant chain. Instant Chain is the best ability ever.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    zirnitras was making me his bitch using my normal fighting method

what ended up working for me was just using a combo of paradigms all using sentinal. started with sab/sen/syn just long enough to get haste on everyone (doesnt really matter for your sen), then spent the rest of the battle switching between com/sen/rav and com/sen/med when healing was necessary

basically my sen couldnt move for half the fight, but as long as the bitch zirnitras stays focused on the sen, he couldnt dish out enough damage to keep up with the healing from my med, and never took a shot at either of my other characters. dude went down like a bitch at that point

also i used fang/snow/hope and this was post-game

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I'm post game with everyone level 5 on their man classes and at least level 2 on another. I hate this fucking mark so much.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    in that case, it should be pretty easy using that strategy. i seriously bruised my calf from punching it cuz he was pissing me off so much, and once i switched to a sentinel-centric defense, he was dead in a couple minutes

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    See, I never use Sen so that might be why I'm struggling.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Undying at the bottom of the tower is hard if you don't know what you're doing

You need to get rid of Imperil ASAP or he will one shot you with Levinbolt

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I know the double Rhaktavija fight is going to be an absolute bitch too. Defeating one of them in the Titan trial was hard enough. I think I need to get a nice chunk of magic immunity first.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I know the double Rhaktavija fight is going to be an absolute bitch too. Defeating one of them in the Titan trial was hard enough. I think I need to get a nice chunk of magic immunity first.

that was pretty much the first fight other than adamantoise farming and neochus where I used someone other than lightning, fang/snow/hope as a sab/sen/med and com/sen/med made the fight obscenely short, especially with magic immunity on snow, then I put him back in his box never to be looked at again.

maguffin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So are any of the ultimate weapons worth all of the grinding it takes to afford them? Because fuck farming in this game.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Butters wrote: »
    So are any of the ultimate weapons worth all of the grinding it takes to afford them? Because fuck farming in this game.

You don't need them to kill any of the marks, so you're really just getting them to be better at farming or for the achievements.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    farming gets a lot easier when you get to the cieth in chapter 12

they have perfume as a common drop and the 7k catalyst as a rare

get both catalogs to make it even easier

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    How does one obtain these 'catalogs'

are they mission rewards?

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You get 2 collector's catalogs in ch 11. You should upgrade one, leave the other.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    omg that's my chapter! where do I get these things

Staleghoti on
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Staleghoti wrote: »

one is directly after the tower boss and I found one on my way to a mark mission (think it was mission number 30 something?)

but it doesn't matter if you miss them since you can buy them from the moogleworks for 100k

maguffin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    maguffin wrote: »

one is directly after the tower boss and I found one on my way to a mark mission (think it was mission number 30 something?)

but it doesn't matter if you miss them since you can buy them from the moogleworks for 100k

Its mission number 8 that gives a Collector Catalog as a reward, there is 3 (last one is in the area before Faultwarren IIRC) you can find in the game, and buying them from Moogleworks is basicly throwing money away then.

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    so is there like a good plan to tackle Chapter 11

or should I just keep running around and killing stuff till I get bored.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Chocobo Chick becomes Ragnarok

Is this a real spoiler like for real

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Crazy LarryCrazy Larry Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd suggest doing missions 1-17 before continuing on. They're all fairly easy, and you get some decent rewards. They're all found in the Archlyite Steppe, Vallis Media, and Yaschas Massif. After that you can continue on with the story and the next two missions are right on your path.

Crazy Larry on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I think the sentinel role fits Snow perfectly because everyone wants to punch him in the face

No. :x

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    so is there like a good plan to tackle Chapter 11

or should I just keep running around and killing stuff till I get bored.

depends, having a good base 200/300k of cp will help when you advance to chapter 12 and have all that crystarium to fill, but there are other opportunities to farm later, the quests give nice money but you won't be able to get 3rd tier weapons yet so you'll be mooching around with not much to do fairly quickly,

personally I went straight through to mah'bara and farmed for a little bit there, because this is really the first point at which you've been able to switch round your team as you need it's a great point to look at the accessories you've got equipped and synthesised abilities. At the start of chapter 11 you should be able to get the gestalt ability with ease (all attacks from that character get a chance to inflict instant stagger), to get it easily try a speed sash and pretty much any of lightnings weapons.

maguffin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Its mission number 8 that gives a Collector Catalog as a reward, there is 3 (last one is in the area before Faultwarren IIRC) you can find in the game, and buying them from Moogleworks is basicly throwing money away then.

FUUUUCK

I stopped doing missions at like number 7, then the missions picked back up at the tower, guess I'll have to grab it later on.

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    Crazy LarryCrazy Larry Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

FUUUUCK

I stopped doing missions at like number 7, then the missions picked back up at the tower, guess I'll have to grab it later on.

It's not really a big deal that you missed it unless you want to farm one specific enemy in chapter 12/13, at which point you could just farm them a couple of extra times and just buy one.

Crazy Larry on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    someone should repost that link that had the mission guide

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EfesellEfesell Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Efesell on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    yes yes this is what I want

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have just
    proceeded out of the tower after beating the shit out of that Fal'Cie, yay another snowy wonderworld

Staleghoti on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It took over an hour of Death spamming but I killed that damn Neochu.
    Not looking forward to killing him again for the Titan stuff.

Rinder on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rinder wrote: »

Heh, it took me maybe 6 times in the fight :)

GROWTH EGG GET

unintentional on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

although it gives you the least chance of success it's easier to go with sab/sen/med then it is for sab/sab/syn, snow or fang should ideally have about 19-20k hp, it means that you can survive the fight pretty easily and just keep casting and casting.............and casting

maguffin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010

By the time I did the Titan Trials I was able to beat him straight up. He is much easier without the little chu fuckers running around.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I don't suppose anyone here can tell me why when I start the game, and I kill the very first enemy in the tutorial... nothing happens?

I can still move the camera, the sound is still playing, all the characters are still doing their little incidental movements... but shit-all happens. Nothing I press does anything (except the camera) and after waiting for ten minutes nothing continued to happen.

Falx on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

It really shouldn't be taking an hour.
    You are using a Marlboro wand right?

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I didn't know I could still get this angry over a stupid game.

I mean it's the first time I even take the disc out of it's box and put it in and it craps out on me...

...must...resist...urge...to throw...controller....

Falx on