As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 5th Annual Cross-Country Supertrip! Shirts have arrived!

• JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ah, creative thinking Liger! I like it! =) I bet they'd go for it! =)

Also, indeed we weren't quite sure if they were from one category or another, but either way Cuzza's response is unforgettable. =)

I've even got a shirt with it on it!

JonnyNero on
  • MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have the advantage of living just off I-90, so I can probably just get dropped off at a rest stop or some shit lol.

MagnifiedX on
  • Bob JackassBob Jackass Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I would love to join again this year but I can't find anyone to go with since my friends and I just got back from PAX East. I'm hoping that will change, but as it is I may not even go at all. That will make this the 3rd pax I've missed. On the bright side, it will give me time to save up money for and mod a small passenger bus for future CCSTs and maybe drives out to PAXEast.

Bob Jackass on
    Check out my actual, real life rock band!

Xbox Live - Bob Jackass || Playstation - Cosby__Sweater || Steam - Bob Jackass

Twitter
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    I'm pretty sure Rius is still down. If you can find one more person between the two of you, you could do it. Also, if you haven't seen the CCST video, you should know that you play a starring role in some of the footage from Butte for your wonderful circular driving skills.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Bob JackassBob Jackass Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Also, if you haven't seen the CCST video, you should know that you play a starring role in some of the footage from Butte for your wonderful circular driving skills.

lol I was not aware of that. Unfortunately I don't think my wee Scion can make that trip again. I should know soon if I can make it to Prime this year and if I'll be driving or not.

Bob Jackass on
    Check out my actual, real life rock band!

Xbox Live - Bob Jackass || Playstation - Cosby__Sweater || Steam - Bob Jackass

Twitter
    edited April 2010
    He still has that Dodge Charger, I believe, if you don't trust your Scion to make it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Indeed I do, and I'm looking into ways to make it even more awesome for a long road trip.

Rius on
  • HunterAngelHunterAngel Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Moe... If you could call and convince my wife to let me come (I wouldnt be able to provide a car, but I can drive) That would be awesome...

HunterAngel on
    Monty: Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't I been inside you?
  • ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    For those of us that intend to greet the CCST:

WSCTC Arrival Time: Thursday, September 2, 13:00 PDT

I'm sure a bunch of us from the Canadian Super Trip will be there.

ACC3SS on
    edited April 2010
    I finally uploaded this year's fancy CCST image. It's also edited into the OP now too.
    npgp3a.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2010
    I just remembered, there's something I need to adjust in the Texas route. Gah, where's JonnyNero when you need him.

So, until I fix that, just remember that the Texas route is not currently final.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just remembered, there's something I need to adjust in the Texas route. Gah, where's JonnyNero when you need him.

So, until I fix that, just remember that the Texas route is not currently final.

Yeah.. it's all horizontally and confusing! FIX IT and make it fit in with the others.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    edited April 2010
    Clearly the solution is to move Texas... perhaps swap it with Montana.

Rius on
    edited April 2010
    Actually, what I meant is that i need to reduce the amount of toll roads traveled on through Kansas.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2010
    Yeah because according to the current route, all of kansas is toll road.

What? You need to get to Nebraska? That'll be $10.

JonnyNero on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Actually, what I meant is that i need to reduce the amount of toll roads traveled on through Kansas.

"Moe, you asshole, you made us spend $10 going through Kansas," (DVD).

*Note, quoting/paraphrasing errors may be contained within this post.

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    edited April 2010
    It is such a drag not having any friends who are interested in doing this with me. Some of them want to go to PAX, but they want to fly. Or they don't want to drive nonstop straight through.

So discouraging :?

Rius on
    edited April 2010
    Tell them to man up.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2010
    They are all girly babies. One is going to Blizzcon instead, because a tiny convention centered around one company is clearly better than a massive one that includes every company. Including Blizzard.

Rius on
    edited April 2010
    You should punch that guy in the dick.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2010
    He is too short and I am a manly height. I could not reach it.

Rius on
  • NickieroonieNickieroonie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That's what knees are for

Nickieroonie on
    edited April 2010
    Migh as well make this official.

Team Reloc
    Leader: JonnyNero
    Car: 2006 Toyota Matrix (standard transmission)
    Maximum Occupancy: 2 (possibly 3 once I find the time to do a mock packing of it)
    Starting waypoit: Houston (Austin)
    Phone number: on file
    Email: onfile
    Desired drivers: 1 or 2 more who fan handle a stick
    Special Stipulations: this car will be used to move from Houston to Seattle. There will be no return trip and very little space for other bags. I am trying to find a car to team up with as a chase car who can house extra drivers/bags/place to sleep. All gas will be paid for by me since I was planning on that amount for moving expenses anyway, so you'll trip will be free minus any sustenance you may require. If a second car would be willing to team up with me, please let me know. I can get as far as Kansas on my own, so I can pick up anyone on that route between Houston and the first waypoint in Kansas.

JonnyNero on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    For those of us that intend to greet the CCST:

WSCTC Arrival Time: Thursday, September 2, 13:00 PDT

I'm sure a bunch of us from the Canadian Super Trip will be there.

The Magical Mystery Tour meets up with them as well!

What time would you guys be at E-burg? I'm going to have a working vehicle, and coming from Eastern Washington this year, so I could actually meet up for the last leg!

eye-shuh on
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When I said earlier that I'd meet people off of the road between waypoints on the route I am on, I mean that I live within 10-15 minutes of I-80 and could easily meet people at the Crossings Premium Outlets, which are LITERALLY next to 80. It's not "go 20 minutes out of your way just to pick me up at my house because I'm a jerk like that", it's more like "if it wasn't dangerous and severly illegal, I could easily jump in the car if you slowed it down to 15 mph on a busy interstate".

This isn't my exact house location, but this will give you an idea on distance.

feitocomfruta on
    edited April 2010
    eye-shuh wrote: »
    What time would you guys be at E-burg? I'm going to have a working vehicle, and coming from Eastern Washington this year, so I could actually meet up for the last leg!

We pull into E-burg at about 10am Thurs Sept 2.
    When I said earlier that I'd meet people off of the road between waypoints on the route I am on, I mean that I live within 10-15 minutes of I-80 and could easily meet people at the Crossings Premium Outlets, which are LITERALLY next to 80. It's not "go 20 minutes out of your way just to pick me up at my house because I'm a jerk like that", it's more like "if it wasn't dangerous and severly illegal, I could easily jump in the car if you slowed it down to 15 mph on a busy interstate".

This isn't my exact house location, but this will give you an idea on distance.

That could work out, providing there is a car heading from that direction. The schedule and routes in the OP are there for people to gain an understanding of where and when they need to be in the right place at the right time to meet up with the rest of the group. It does not guarantee that somebody will definitely be traveling that route, however. Your best bet would be to round up some adventurous friends who can drive and at least one of which who has an able bodied vehicle.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Group Leader(s): ImtheOHGODBEES
    Vehicle: '05 Prius, automatic
    Max. 3 fo' shizzle, 4 possible (I'll update later, I need to 'speriment)
    Starting Location: Boston, MA
    First Waypoint: Boston, MA
    Riders:
    1)
    2)
    3?)
    Name: GrothOlson (Geo)
    Driving?: Yes, automatic trans only
    E-Mail: grotholson at gmail

Unconfirmed Riders: 2 for now
    Space Available: 1 decent sized duffel per passenger, + whatever you're comfortable having at your feet/on your lap (keep it minimal)

Did I do it right?
    I know I saw a couple names earlier mentioning the Boston area.
    I'll add your names as confirmed after either a PM or Email? I guess?

ImthebOHGODBEES on
    Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
    edited April 2010
    Almost right, Space available actually refers to the number of passenger spaces available. Luggage space is important, but is something you can work out with your crew, once they have been assembled. Additionally, unconfirmed riders is for people not listed who are still counted as "maybes". And, you're supposed to list yourself under riders (which also means I still need your e-mail address)

Also, I wouldn't recommend having more than 3 people in that car. Unless, that is, you guys can sleep comfortably sitting up.

And you guys still need a team name

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Uh...Club: No Grils Aloud?
    I dunno, gimme a couple days.

ImthebOHGODBEES on
    Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
    edited April 2010
    Having driven in a prius the past two years I can say that moe speaks truth. You can do 4, but three is so much better because you can stretch out on the back seat to sleep

JonnyNero on
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If I decide to do this my team shall be called The Wolverines.

Details to follow around the first week of may.

ZeroHourHero on
  • oldhatoldhat Registered User new member
    edited April 2010
    Hey folks! I'm a gal from Toronto who would really like to hit up PAX and the idea of a cross-country road-trip sounds so incredibly awesome, I can't believe unicorns and raptors with laser eyes are not involved.

But the question I have is: anyone from or around Toronto with a car that will be willing to take on an additional person? If you're already planning on going and have some people, that would be better so we don't have to scramble for others. I suppose either message me or reply on this thread and hopefully we can work something out!

oldhat on
    edited April 2010
    That could work out, providing there is a car heading from that direction. The schedule and routes in the OP are there for people to gain an understanding of where and when they need to be in the right place at the right time to meet up with the rest of the group. It does not guarantee that somebody will definitely be traveling that route, however. Your best bet would be to round up some adventurous friends who can drive and at least one of which who has an able bodied vehicle.

Oooh, good point. Well if anyone is coming from New York City, then I'll be good. My only problem with rounding up adventurous friends is that I'm pretty sure no one here knows what PAX is.

That all said, I am trying to get a job that may or may not require me to have a license and a car, and I want a crossover SUV of some sort, so I may end up driving to DuBois, PA (which if you haven't been there, is totally boring) or somesuch to pick people up. But we'll have to see if I can get a job and license. Fingers crossed though.

feitocomfruta on
  • 1ddqd1ddqd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tentative interest from Dallas - can drive stick, requires few bathroom breaks, likes (or dislikes!) talking, given company. Not sure about bringing my car (stick, 2010 Mazda3) yet, will update closer to event.

1ddqd on
    edited April 2010
    1ddqd wrote: »
    Tentative interest from Dallas - can drive stick, requires few bathroom breaks, likes (or dislikes!) talking, given company. Not sure about bringing my car (stick, 2010 Mazda3) yet, will update closer to event.

Keep me posted. You could be used in team reloc

JonnyNero on
    edited April 2010
    I must say, now that I have watched the footage Moe shot, I pretty much have to do this now. So I wonder what I should do if there aren't any people coming from NYC...

feitocomfruta on
    edited April 2010
    Don't lose hope yet. It's still early. I should make a list of people looking for rides. Meanwhile, show that video to all your friends, and all their friends.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2010
    I'm putting a note here for my own memory. I need to change the location of the stop in Ellensburg, the route going through Kansas and one of the Missouri waypoints to be closer to Cracker Barrel. After all that, the routes and schedules should be as final as they can be.

Also, I finally got the CCST video converted to flv, so it should be viewable directly on the blip.tv site without having to download sometime tonight.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Group Name: Lazarus
    Group Leader(s): Yoshamano
    Vehicle: 2002 Mercury Villager Sport, 20MPG, 340 miles per tank, owned by me, automatic
    Max. Desired People: 4
    Starting Location: Marshall, MI (where I-94 and I-69 meet)
    First Waypoint: South Bend, IN

Riders List, the people who will be in the vehicle below (including you). This section is for confirmed riders. See below for unconfirmed. (fill out this section once per person in the vehicle)
    Name: Yoshamano
    Driving?: Yes
    Name: CynderCyn
    Driving?: Maybe
    Name: Rius
    Driving?: Yes

Unconfirmed Riders:
    Space Available: 1

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Good deal Moe. And if it makes any difference, I am a certified bartender, so the one Fargo stop in the video (you know which one I mean ;-D) would be a bit of afun time for anyone needing my assistance.

But for now, let's just send me good energy and hope that I get a job and license soon, because then I can actually START FUCKIN PLANNING!

feitocomfruta on
This discussion has been closed.