As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The boozer alkie wino [ALCOHOL] Thread

1111213141517»

• FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    pennsylvania is fucking awful and ruined my july 4th a few years back with this shit
    Pennsylvania is an alcoholic beverage control state. Wines and spirits are to be sold only in the state owned Wine And Spirits shops, where all prices must remain the same throughout the state. People under the age of 21 are prohibited from entering Wine and Spirits shops, unless accompanied by a guardian. The usual opening hours for these stores are from 9am to 10pm Monday through Saturday. These stores used to always be closed on Sundays, but now open for limited hours on that day. Wineries, which sell wine from grapes grown in the area, are also very common throughout the commonwealth, and are often located in shopping malls.

To purchase beer a person must go to a restaurant, bar, or distributor. Beer distributors sell mainly cases and kegs of beer while six and twelve packs, along with individual beers such as 40 ounce or 24 ounce beers, are sold at bars and restaurants. A person is only allowed to purchase 194 ounces of beer at a time in this manner. If you take the 194 ounces to your vehicle and re-enter the business, you can buy 194 more ounces, and continue doing so so long as you only take out 194 ounces of beer from the store at a time. For larger quantities one must go to a beverage distributor which sells beer only by the case or keg. Beverage distributors (which also sell soft drinks) may sell beer and malt liquor, but not wine or hard liquor.

Faricazy on
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That is downright insane.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Louisiana's liquor laws make California look fucking puritan in comparison. Drive-through joints where they give you a margarita in a styrofoam cup. Fucking insane(ly awesome).

Poorochondriac on
  • CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PA's alcohol laws are pretty dumb, but if you are planning a 4th of July party, you gotta plan ahead on that shit

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Faricazy wrote: »
    pennsylvania is fucking awful and ruined my july 4th a few years back with this shit
    A person is only allowed to purchase 194 ounces of beer at a time in this manner. If you take the 194 ounces to your vehicle and re-enter the business, you can buy 194 more ounces, and continue doing so so long as you only take out 194 ounces of beer from the store at a time.

what the fuck

spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nastyman wrote: »
    Nastyman wrote: »
    Lucky Californians. Not having to buy liquor before 9pm and only at specialized stores.

Don't forget, closed on Sunday.

How in the hell do you do football season for when you run out of beer between games?

We buy in BULK. I had a picture on my phone once of the back of my Ford Escape, rear seats folded down flat. We had something like 2 kegs, 16 cases of beer, and about 10 bottles of liquor. Cost a pretty penny that did. Fun night though.

Re: Football

you can buy beer after 12pm on sunday

and you cannot buy it after 12am until saturday night, whereupon said hour is moved to 1am

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The dumbest part is you can't go to one store in PA to buy beer and liquor. They can't even be next door to each other. The only positive is that because prices are set throughout the state, they can buy quantities in large bulk and have decent sales. It's random, but every now and then you'll see bourbons at 1/3 off or top shelf vodkas for dirt prices. I've teared up on occasions.

Besides that though, the fucking Quakers and their crazy state laws suck ass.

Hunter on
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Louisiana's liquor laws make California look fucking puritan in comparison. Drive-through joints where they give you a margarita in a styrofoam cup. Fucking insane(ly awesome).

There's something I respect about places where alcohol flows so freely.

Louisiana is like that one member of the family that is just always wasted and exists just to party.

Sir Platypus on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Utah alcohol laws are the worst
    ABV > 4.0+% sold in state-controlled stores only. State-controlled stores close on Sundays and cease operations no later than 10 p.m. the rest of the week. Restaurants must buy from the state-controlled store (no delivery) at retail prices. No alcohol may be served on Election Day until 8 p.m. No alcohol is served in restaurants without purchase of food. Only 4.0% or below beer available on tap. Ban on the sales of kegs.

Beer here is awful

Shock G on
  • QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Shock G that is just upsetting. It's possible to get booze any time here, from shops with the right license, and there are 5 places to buy alcohol literally within a one minute walk from my front door, including two proper off licenses, two regular shops, and a chinese takeaway which sells some booze

Quirk on
  • DessartDessart Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    This fake i got is the best thing ever other than friends asking me all the time. Should I ask for so sort of payment for buying stuff?

Dessart on
  • Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Quirk wrote: »
    Shock G that is just upsetting. It's possible to get booze any time here, from shops with the right license, and there are 5 places to buy alcohol literally within a one minute walk from my front door, including two proper off licenses, two regular shops, and a chinese takeaway which sells some booze

Oh rub it in will ya?

On the bright side we do get a few good microbrews. But you have to buy them in a state liquor store. Which is hard when you're not 21

Shock G on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2010
    this beer is waay too strong for me

faxe extra strong

russian guy gave me some and I dont think I can finish this

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • pillowpillow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    God, I love Drunk History

In real world news, the bar was mixing their shit pretty weak tonight

I'm drunk but I don't feel like I'm AS drunk as I rightfully should be

Grey Ghost on
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dessart wrote: »
    This fake i got is the best thing ever other than friends asking me all the time. Should I ask for so sort of payment for buying stuff?

You are giving them a service, so I don't see why not.

I feel bad about the guy that gets me my stuff. I tell him to get me a decent amount and keep the change and I'll hand him a 20 and he'll either go over that price or want to give me the change back. I'm like "no dude, you're helping me out so at least take some small amount of money.

Sir Platypus on
This discussion has been closed.