As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat] Ghost donkey earns $2 million in four hours

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Are the rogue and warrior the only two they've done so far in this manner?

Henroid on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    A quick Google search has shown me more, I'm going to cry tears of joy if this shaman stuff is bangin'.

Henroid on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    A quick Google search has shown me more, I'm going to cry tears of joy if this shaman stuff is bangin'.
    Shamans are definitely winning right now. :^:

815165 on
  • MillbuddahMillbuddah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    As a warrior tank, I really wish they'd implement the rogue smoke bomb ability like today. If nothing else to make HoR not a living hell when things don't go just right.

Millbuddah on
    edited April 2010
    I just read some of the shit they're getting. I don't mean shit like a bad way I'm just awe struck by some of these things. The fire totem change for elemental is going to be fucking incredible. That's not even my spec of choice but it's my class of choice and I know the importance of that sort of thing.

The ancestral knowledge change has been a long time coming. What a piece of shit talent that's been.

And a low level enhancement ability helps a lot. And Earthquake sounds grand. And spirit link is coming back yessssss.

Henroid on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can see places where smoke bomb could be useful in pve, but it's definitely a pvp skill. And I'm going to want to stab kittens every time I see it.

On the plus side, I can aoe the area to stop any bandages or whatever, but can people shoot -out- of a smoke bomb?

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited April 2010
    End wrote: »
    I can see places where smoke bomb could be useful in pve, but it's definitely a pvp skill. And I'm going to want to stab kittens every time I see it.

On the plus side, I can aoe the area to stop any bandages or whatever, but can people shoot -out- of a smoke bomb?

It'd be kinda funny if certain class abilities from other classes (not all of them) made the smoke clear. Like druids drop a hurricane on it and it's gone.

Henroid on
    edited April 2010
    Holy s, warlocks are losing their succubus crowd control.

Edit - Okay wrong skill I guess.

Henroid on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was hoping to hear Shadowstep was a baseline ability. Stealthing at the right time to get Overkill is a pain in the tuchus.

Although from the sounds of it they might be getting rid of Overkill, at least for Assassination, and probably giving it to Subtlety.
    I was hoping they'd start the preview off by saying, "Hunger for Blood: GONE!"

But alas.

Halfmex on
    edited April 2010
    Soothing Kiss is not Seduction.

815165 on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I thought succubus was just loosing their thread reduction skill.

-SPI- on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Soothing kiss was a threat drop

Seduction is CC, and still there.

Kai_San on
    edited April 2010
    What do I know, I haven't played in over a year. <_<

Henroid on
  • QuantumQuarkQuantumQuark Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I was hoping they'd start the preview off by saying, "Hunger for Blood: GONE!"

But alas.

Oh a thousand times this.

QuantumQuark on
    edited April 2010
    What's wrong with Hunger for Blood?
    ^_^

Henroid on
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

I play a Shaman, main spec Restoration, and the Shaman write up has given me an erection lasting longer than six hours. I think I need medical attention. I don't know if my wang can hold together until Cataclysm launches.

ironzerg on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is this the point where someone makes a Priest with Life Grip joke?

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was hoping for some kind of comment on Vanish. Unless the fix for Vanish is that we're supposed to throw down a smoke bomb first now.

Lars on
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    korodullin wrote: »

Only if said priest is ready to deal with the splash damage.

ironzerg on
  • SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ironzerg wrote: »
    korodullin wrote: »

Only if said priest is ready to deal with the splash damage.
    I laughed out loud, thanks for making my day!

Spacemilk on
    edited April 2010
    Lars wrote: »
    I was hoping for some kind of comment on Vanish. Unless the fix for Vanish is that we're supposed to throw down a smoke bomb first now.

It'll be like what mages are going to see later today for arcane missiles: Actually works as intended, we promise this time.

Henroid on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Smoke Bomb is going to be hilarious in things like AV.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    What AV? I thought that shit was going away due to Cata. :o

Henroid on
  • SpacemilkSpacemilk Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Have rogues chaining the ability around Drek, maybe occasionally take a break for healers to heal him. Or better yet, if you can put beacon on him, have pallies stand in the cloud and heal themselves, thus healing Drek through AOE. Goooood times!

AOE might eventually get him down but it will take FOREVER

Spacemilk on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    I like gimmicky skills though. Sure, they're useless most of the time, but when you manage to use them the way intended they're super fun.

See: Thunderstorm.

An example of a way not to use thunderstorm? When I'm tanking H-FoS for you, and I've juuust gotten all the casters in the big, spread out 5 pull room gathered up. You do that, it's a good way to guarantee I don't taunt off you for the rest of the instance.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    What AV? I thought that shit was going away due to Cata. :o
    It is? Where have I been?
    Spacemilk wrote: »
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Have rogues chaining the ability around Drek, maybe occasionally take a break for healers to heal him. Or better yet, if you can put beacon on him, have pallies stand in the cloud and heal themselves, thus healing Drek through AOE. Goooood times!

AOE might eventually get him down but it will take FOREVER
    I was also thinking that you could chain them, and kill the people tanking him while they aren't getting heals. Because most of the healers will not figure out how to run in to the cloud. Then he'll just run around killing everyone else. Should be good times.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    I like gimmicky skills though. Sure, they're useless most of the time, but when you manage to use them the way intended they're super fun.

See: Thunderstorm.

An example of a way not to use thunderstorm? When I'm tanking H-FoS for you, and I've juuust gotten all the casters in the big, spread out 5 pull room gathered up. You do that, it's a good way to guarantee I don't taunt off you for the rest of the instance.
    I always get the moonkin/mage/shaman who hasn't glyphed to remove the knockbacks on this pull, especially when I'm on my bear and there is nothing I can do to get those mobs back.

815165 on
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I could see smoke bomb pretty much guaranteeing a clean escape for a flag carrier in WSG once there in the tunnel.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hunters:
    With the upcoming World of Warcraft: Cataclysm many game elements will be changing, and each class will be receiving a number of tweaks. Here, we will explore the changes that are being made to the gun-wielding, pet-training hunter. The information you’re about to read is certainly not complete, and is only meant to act as a preview of some of the exciting new things to come. Without further ado, let’s take a look at the new hunter abilities!

New Hunter Abilities

Cobra Shot (level 81): A new shot that deals Nature damage instead of Physical damage. This ability will share a cooldown with Steady Shot. This will give hunters an alternative to Steady Shot on heavily-armored targets, and we will have talent incentives in the Beast Mastery tree to make this a signature shot.

Trap Launcher (level 83): When used, the next trap can be shot to a location within 40 yards. This provides the current Freezing Arrow treatment to all traps and, as a result, we will be removing the current ability Freezing Arrow. 1-minute cooldown. No global cooldown.

Camouflage (level 85): The hunter enters an obscured state that prevents him or her from taking ranged damage. The character would still be subject to melee or area-of-effect attacks, and dealing or taking damage will break the Camouflage effect. The hunter can move and set traps when under Camouflage, and will receive a damage bonus when attacking while under Camouflage (which will then break the effect).

Resource Mechanic Change

Here we come to the meat of the upcoming hunter changes.

Hunters will no longer use mana; instead the class will use Focus. Focus generates much like Energy, by building up. It will not be affected by Intellect at all. Haste will improve its generation. Hunters will generate roughly 6 Focus per second, slightly less than rogues' Energy generation rate of around 10 Energy per second. Below, we have listed some examples of how we intend Focus costs to operate:

Steady Shot/Cobra Shot: No cost. Generates 9 Focus per shot (or 12 per second instead of 6).

Arcane Shot/Chimera Shot /Explosive Shot: 45 Focus.

Aimed Shot/Multi-Shot: 60 Focus.

Concussive Shot/Tranquilizing Shot: 35 Focus.

Rapid Fire/Master’s Call/Disengage: 30 Focus.

Changes to Abilities and Mechanics

In addition to the resource change and new abilities listed above, we intend to make adjustments to some of the other abilities and mechanics you already know well. This list and the summary of talent changes below it are by no means comprehensive, but they should give you a good sense of what we’re going for with each spec.

A major change coming for the hunter is the removal of ammunition. Guns, bows, and crossbows will now do damage without consuming ammunition at all. There will be no more ammo slot on the hunter’s character display. Any ammunition that a hunter has at the time of the change will become gray sellable items. Existing quivers will be converted into large bags -- though each hunter can only have one and non-hunters will not benefit from this change -- and we will not be making any additional quivers.

Pet management will also change. Hunters will now have two types of attainable pets: active pets and stored pets. Hunters will be able to have up to three active pets (perhaps five for Beast Mastery specialized players) and will have the ability to switch among these pets any time they are out of combat, without going to town. They will also be able to have a large number of pets in storage at the stables. In order to swap a pet from active to passive, a hunter will still need to visit their local Stable Master. However, this should afford ample storage for the many Spirit Beasts wandering the lands of Azeroth.

Additionally, hunters will now start with a race-appropriate pet at level 1 and will be able to tame a different pet at level 10. We are also changing many pet family abilities to provide important buffs and debuffs. The intention is to allow the hunter to be able to swap pets and fill a position if a certain role is missing from the group. The goal is to have all pets provide a damage increase that is very similar and no greater than any other pet. Some examples of the changes we are making to the pet families are listed below:

Wind Serpents: Will provide a debuff that increases the amount of spell damage taken by an enemy (similar to a weaker version of the warlock ability Curse of Elements).

Ravagers: Will provide a debuff that will increase an enemy's Physical damage vulnerability (similar to a weaker version of the warrior ability Rampage).

Hyenas: Will provide bleed damage (similar to a weaker version of the druid ability Mangle).

Stings and other periodic effects will now benefit from haste and critical strike ratings. Hasted damage-over-time abilities do not lose duration, but instead add additional damage ticks.

Viper Sting will now restore 9 Focus every 3 seconds.

We are reinforcing hunters as a ranged class. To this end, the class will now start with ranged abilities at level 1, and we will be removing some melee abilities, such as Mongoose Bite.

New Talents and Talent Changes

Beast Mastery hunters will have a new talent called Careful Aim, which increases the damage of the next Steady Shot or Cobra Shot, but also increases the cast time of these abilities. The intention is to make the combination of spells into a decent damage opener, especially in conjunction with the new ability Camouflage.

Beast Mastery hunters will also have talents that make Cobra Shot superior to Steady Shot, such as Longevity reducing the cast time of Cobra Shot to 1.5 seconds.

Rapid Recuperation will cause Rapid Fire to give 20/40/60 Focus immediately and will cause Rapid Killing to generate 3 Focus per second.

Efficiency will reduce the Focus cost of Chimera Shot, Aimed Shot, and Arcane Shot.

Thrill of the Hunt grants Focus when you land a critical strike.

Hunter vs. Wild increases the hunter’s Focus generation when his or her pet is snared, stunned, or rooted.

Mastery Passive Talent Tree Bonuses

Beast Mastery
    Ranged Damage
    Haste
    Pet Damage

Marksmanship
    Ranged Damage
    Armor Penetration
    Double Shot

Survival
    Ranged Damage
    Ranged Critical Damage
    Elemental Damage

Pet Damage: Many of the passive benefits to pet damage will no longer be available in the Beast Mastery talent tree. However, these will be provided through the new Mastery mechanic.

Double Shot: The hunter will have a chance to launch a free attack off of the global cooldown for 50% damage.

Elemental Damage: Hunter abilities such as traps, Black Arrow, and Explosive Shot will do elemental damage of the following types: Arcane, Fire, Frost, Nature, and Shadow.

We hope you enjoyed this preview, and ask that you provide your initial thoughts and feedback on what was presented here. Please keep in mind that what you’ve just reviewed is a work in progress and as we move closer to the Cataclysm beta, you’ll see these planned changes as well as others continue to develop in response to feedback and testing.

Nobody on
    edited April 2010
    Additionally, hunters will now start with a race-appropriate pet at level 1 and will be able to tame a different pet at level 10. We are also changing many pet family abilities to provide important buffs and debuffs. The intention is to allow the hunter to be able to swap pets and fill a position if a certain role is missing from the group. The goal is to have all pets provide a damage increase that is very similar and no greater than any other pet. Some examples of the changes we are making to the pet families are listed below:

Holy shit, the only bad bit of hunter levelling has changed, surely Druids will get a 1-20 buff now.

815165 on
    edited April 2010
    I imagine trap launcher in my head - right away - to be like a t-shirt canon.

Henroid on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    Druids will likely get catform earlier.

Odd that they are scrapping ammo entirely. They originally wanted to make it an item.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pet management will also change. Hunters will now have two types of attainable pets: active pets and stored pets. Hunters will be able to have up to three active pets (perhaps five for Beast Mastery specialized players) and will have the ability to switch among these pets any time they are out of combat, without going to town. They will also be able to have a large number of pets in storage at the stables. In order to swap a pet from active to passive, a hunter will still need to visit their local Stable Master. However, this should afford ample storage for the many Spirit Beasts wandering the lands of Azeroth.

Hell yes motherfuckers. Gotta catch em all!

-SPI- on
    edited April 2010
    These are all great changes, I'm really looking forward to levelling a Hunter again in Cataclsym.

815165 on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Given the changes upcoming for hunter leveling, I'm glad I've been procrastinating on starting one.

Nobody on
  • NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    -SPI- wrote: »

Hell yes motherfuckers. Gotta catch em all!

That may make me play my huntard again...

I let so many pets go... :(

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Nobody wrote: »
    Hunters:

Hunters will no longer use mana; instead the class will use Focus. Focus generates much like Energy, by building up. It will not be affected by Intellect at all. Haste will improve its generation. Hunters will generate roughly 6 Focus per second, slightly less than rogues' Energy generation rate of around 10 Energy per second. Below, we have listed some examples of how we intend Focus costs to operate:

Steady Shot/Cobra Shot: No cost. Generates 9 Focus per shot (or 12 per second instead of 6).

Arcane Shot/Chimera Shot /Explosive Shot: 45 Focus.

Aimed Shot/Multi-Shot: 60 Focus.

Concussive Shot/Tranquilizing Shot: 35 Focus.

Rapid Fire/Master’s Call/Disengage: 30 Focus.

Rapid Recuperation will cause Rapid Fire to give 20/40/60 Focus immediately
    and will cause Rapid Killing to generate 3 Focus per second.

*snip*

So it goes from costing 30 focus, to costing 10/-10/-30 (giving you 10 or 30 additional focus), or to just outright negating the cost and giving you 20/40/60? Math fail. Also, terribly OP talent.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

edited April 2010
    I wonder what the appropriate pets things are for each race. That's a fantastic change though.

Henroid on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Any news on DK changes? I would imagine since DK is such a new class, and was "designed right" to begin with, we won't see anything drastic (other than the obvious Talent/Mastery changes coming down the pipe for all classes, which is pretty drastic).

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Any news on DK changes? I would imagine since DK is such a new class, and was "designed right" to begin with, we won't see anything drastic (other than the obvious Talent/Mastery changes coming down the pipe for all classes, which is pretty drastic).
    Posted last night. Their rune system is changing so that you'll be using RP dump more often and don't have to nail every rune CD.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
This discussion has been closed.