As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Weeaboo] Because foreign children's shows are way better than domestic

• FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is out... just a camrip unfortunately.

Falx on
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kelor wrote: »
    Bakuman 81:
    That....that was a quick two months.

Also booyah Hattori is back in business again.

Yeah, they're really moving the story along.

It's pretty exciting though.

blaze_zero on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    One day anime convention in Hoboken, NJ on Sunday. You know it's awesome, because I co-founded it.

http://www.stevens.edu/anime/cgi-bin/cpac/

YamiNoSenshi on
  • FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Cool, can I have $1500 for tickets and a place to crash? Don't pack anything up when you're done I might only arrive the day after.

Falx on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i read that as a plane to crash.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    bh1.png

bh2.png

bh3.png

I can't believe I like a show called "B-Cup Sex Maniac" (I also can't believe it's not a hentai).

Hexmage-PA on
  • Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    OK I just got really curious about this B-Cup show now, to the place we can't talk about that rhymes with dorrents!

And so the anime thread has sucked me into another wierd, incredibly fanservicey show.

In other news, I just bought Black Lagoon's second season after getting the first at Anime Boston. Anyone know when the Blu Rays are supposed to come out? I know I just bought it but I'll totally buy this show again.

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I just stumbled across Rosario/Kamen Rider Kiva crossover fanfiction. There's prettymuch a crossover fic for everything, I guess.

Hahah well it makes sense I suppose shounen and sentai can go hand in hand and he is Kiva the King of Vampires as a half-human half-fangpire and...

HOLY SHIT WHY ARE THERE SO MANY CHAPTERS OF THIS SHIT

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Heroman 2: I don't hate the characters, but I just don't buy space cockroaches. It's like it wants to be part Spider-Man, part Super Sentai and failing at both. First you have Heroman who literally falls out of the sky, and then you have unrelated, generic, alien bugs randomly falling out of the sky. They don't even have cool spaceships, they have flying saucers!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, cockroaches will survive anything.

If anything, heroman sounds unrealistic and stupid, the cockroaches sound more plausible.

Plus the flying saucers are like, totally in this dream I had one time, they must be real yeah

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • NovidNovid Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    bh1.png

bh2.png

bh3.png

I can't believe I like a show called "B-Cup Sex Maniac" (I also can't believe it's not a hentai).

And i also cant believe its following the same friggin Mr Big arc...

<_<... what? >_>

Novid on
  • SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rewatching Bakemonogatari 12

"Kanbaru's a little perverted."

"I won't have you speak about my junior like that. I'm going to shatter your idea of perverted and by comparison she'll seem innocent."

earnibble

Senshi on
    edited April 2010
    on a another note, according to some poster over at NeoGaf - VasdeMor (or something close to it) it seems like the school girls are hip to K-On. He sees an increase of students joining musical clubs over at J-Ville. so its turns out its more like Glee...

Yeah, women dont get it even when they are "objectified"...

Novid on
    edited April 2010
    Everyone should play an instrument. I'm confident it would make the world a better place.

Senshi on
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ugh...I can't hit the back button fast enough sometimes when clicking on this thread at work.

tallgeeze on
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Tell me about it.

On both of the above posts.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
    edited April 2010
    Senshi wrote: »
    Everyone should play an instrument. I'm confident it would make the world a better place.

i would be happier if those females came because of Cantable than K "they look 12, there really 16 and promoted like pr0n"-On.

but then again, those chicks are bleepin snooki's in training... The only j-girl i trust is the one that sings, fights, and looks good doing it - trust me its true.

Novid on
    edited April 2010
    kon2.jpg

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
    edited April 2010
    Chen wrote: »
    kon2.jpg

see what i mean.

Novid on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My gf likes cute things.

Tell her those things are objectified and she'll give you a mystefied look as if you just said something really stupid.

Because you see, she likes cute things.

People can like things for innocent reasons.

This can come as a shock to those more cynical people among us, I know, but trust me it is true.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited April 2010
    itt morninglord brags about his gf

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
    edited April 2010
    itt people start bitching about stupid shit again

fuck bragging, not everybody is an evil moralless douchebag like most of you guys believe. do you have any idea how irritating it is to be drowned in constant cynicism? it's like being pricked with needles all the time.

Morninglord on
    edited April 2010
    Constant cynicism? That's why my girlfriend left me!

or maybe it was because I just neglected to call her for three months

Senshi on
  • juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

fuck bragging, not everybody is an evil moralless douchebag like most of you guys believe. do you have any idea how irritating it is to be drowned in constant cynicism? it's like being pricked with needles all the time.

I'm with you Morninglord.

Sincerity ftw.

juice for jesus on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Senshi wrote: »
    Constant cynicism? That's why my girlfriend left me!

or maybe it was because I just neglected to call her for three months

I suppose that would be considered being "So Zetta Slow."

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited April 2010
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Technically, it is a pun. Japan has all kinds of crazy ass voodoo beliefs about blood types as they relate to personality and Yamada's B everything, class, blood type, personality, cup size, etc.

Aroduc on
  • RandomKitRandomKit Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    New FMA chapter
    FUCK YES KIMBLEE

RandomKit on
    edited April 2010
    My gf likes cute things.

Tell her those things are objectified and she'll give you a mystefied look as if you just said something really stupid.

This can come as a shock to those more cynical people among us, I know, but trust me it is true.

see, a j-girl i knew loved cute things.

but i took it as it was, because her cute made her FUCKING smexy.

Shes fucking loaded too- and has a great eye for art.

but me being "yah know ya just a friend" type just kills the whole thing for me so yea, im somewhat a cynic...

Novid on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    RandomKit wrote: »
    New FMA chapter
    FUCK YES KIMBLEE

FUCK YES EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT CHAPTER
    ED FINALLY DID SOMETHING WHICH WARRANTS THE SERIES BEING NAMED AFTER HIM

Jragghen on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB7o8x0wPhs

Kelor on
    edited April 2010
    Novid wrote: »
    My gf likes cute things.

see, a j-girl i knew loved cute things.

but i took it as it was, because her cute made her FUCKING smexy.

Shes fucking loaded too- and has a great eye for art.

but me being "yah know ya just a friend" type just kills the whole thing for me so yea, im somewhat a cynic...

ive been with her for so long now i really just refer to her as you might refer to your best friend (Ie a person you know that is atypical to the stereotype someone may be talking about, that you might bring up in a similar conversation), without really thinking about the implication of calling her my girlfriend.

i really just meant that there are dozens of reasons why a person could be taking up music after watching kon, and correlating the negative aspects of the show with taking up music is just as likely as correlating the positive aspects of the show. such as showing musicians up on stage being accepted by their peers and making kick ass songs.

all you are talking about is a correlation in the end, not a causation. there isn't really any reason to be making extremely negative slanted comments based on a correlation like that when positive reasons are just as likely. its not a very good piece of evidence.

@Kelor: Ahaha fantastic! :^:

Morninglord on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was just looking for a "Despair!" one but they are suprisingly hard to find.

Then I stumbled across that one and it was perfect.

Kelor on
    edited April 2010
    It really was perfect. Cheered me right up! Thanks!

Morninglord on
  • juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Padding her swimsuit, what could go wrong?

Dostoyevsky namedrop, awesome.

Oh god, the bathroom sign. What the fuck

juice for jesus on
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Jragghen wrote: »
    New FMA chapter
    FUCK YES KIMBLEE

When the hell did Pride consume Kimblee? I can't remember. So many things have happened.

tallgeeze on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    New FMA chapter
    FUCK YES KIMBLEE

When the hell did Pride consume Kimblee? I can't remember. So many things have happened.
    Happened during the fight against Al+Philosopher's Stone.

Lion-dude bites out Kimblee's throat right before they run. Pride eats Kimbley before he dies.

Jragghen on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Late, but:

That actually gave UY a new quality without butchering the original.

:^:

The AnimEigo dub was reportedly horrible.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Late, but:
    rosariotakahashi.png

That actually gave UY a new quality without butchering the original.

rosariogoodjob.jpg

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Thanks R+V, for ruining Lum forever.

blaze_zero on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    New FMA chapter
    FUCK YES KIMBLEE

Between FMA and the new chapters of Yankee-Kun and Magane-chan, I'm satisfied on the manga front for a couple of days.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
This discussion has been closed.