As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokemon: The Glorious End of the Dunsparce Uprising

BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning.only bugs remainRegistered User regular
edited April 2010 in Social Entropy++
pokemonz.jpg

Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of Dunsparce!

I'll be your guide! I'm Professor Bugboy. Are you ready to start your own journey in the land of Dunsparce?

Good Luck! I'll be waiting for you in my lab!

We all love him!

EP191.png

Dunsparce. Nokocchi. Dummisel. Insolourdo. Whatever you call it, this little guy is the best thing ever.

Sitting comfortably at number 206 in the Pokedex, he's here to headbutt you to death.

But Bugboy, you ask, what is such an odd pokemon based off of? Well, as the worlds premier Dunsparce fan, I'll tell you!.

Dunsparce is based off of the mythical tsuchinoko, a japanese cryptid.

From Bulbapedia:
Dunsparce is based on the mythical tsuchinoko. Similar to Bigfoot or the Chupacabra, sightings and reports appear in the Japanese media, however hard evidence is always lacking. Tsuchinoko are 30 cm to 80 cm long, with a large head and poisonous fangs. Its body is thicker than its head and tail. The noises it makes resemble squeaks, chirps and snores. Unlike real snakes, which slither from side to side, a tsuchinoko wiggles ahead in a straight line. The tsuchinoko curls its body to leap through the air. Moreover, the fact that Dunsparce, a snake-like creature, has wings also brings to mind the motif of the Feathered Serpent, a prominent deity or supernatural being in many Mesoamerican religions. In addition, Dunsparce shares some traits with bumblebees, including their stripes, tiny wings, and stinger-like tail.

In the pokemon games, he lives in the Dark Cave in Johto, and can be found under rocks or during the occasional swarm.

For those curious about his name, it comes from Dun (grayish) and Sparce (because he’s rare)

What is he good for? Looking cute! But aside from that, his Serene Grace allows him to do some pretty great things!

For those of you who don't know, Serene Grace doubles the chance of having an additional effect on your moves. That means that he's an ideal Flinchhaxer! He can paralyze you with Glare or Thunder Wave, then pound you with STAB Headbutt. Thanks to Serene Grace, Headbutt has a 60%(!) chance of flinching, reducing your opponent down to a 30% chance of hitting you. And if they do manage to deal some damage, just sponge it with Dunsparce's amazing HP and then Roost it all away!

Dunsparce can also use Charge Beam for a whopping 100% percent chance of Special Attack bonus! Then use Ancient Power for a 20% chance of a bonus to every stat! You'll be sweeping Red in no time!

Oh, and the coolest thing about Dunsparce? He can fly! (just a little)

yaaaaaaay dunsparce!

LIST OF GYM LEADERS

Dichotomy - Poison
Speed Racer - Normal
Unintentional - Fighting
Munkus Beaver - Steel
Faynor - Psychic
Worthless Lurker - Electric
Beasteh - Dark
Kuribo's Shoe - Bug
Sir Red-Water

SO YOU WANT TO EV TRAIN

Unintentional has some suggestions to make it easier!
Atk is the lake west of mahogany (seaking/goldeen)
SpA is the pond north of goldenrod (psy/golduck)
Def is the grass south of Pallet (tangela, not mr mime), or if you prefer, the grass south of blackthorn (not teddiursa, yes graveler/geodude/skarmory)
SpD is surfing directly south of olivine (all you get are tentacools/cruels)
HP is slowpoke well (SURF for only slowpokes)
Speed is dark cave (SURF for only magikarps)
Oh yeah, new games! Pokemon White/Black coming in late 2010. They seem to boast a 2.5d art style, and full back-sprites for your pokemon during battle.

Black_and_WhiteTitle.png

BugBoy on

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    NOOOOO!

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    worst OP

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dunsparce rules

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm this close to a boycott.

But I love pokemon too much.
    DUNSPARCE DUNSPARCE DUNSPARCE [DUNSPARCE]

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    3v3v Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kusugatti going berserk in 3...

3v on
    512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I did it! I actually did it! Are...are you proud of me, Lord Dunsparce?

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Alright, the rest of us need a pokemon to rally behind, so we can fight against this.

I suggest Farfetch'd. Or Slowking. Or anything, really.

There was time to stop this!

Why didn't anybody stop it?

Why didn't I stop it?

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Anyone care for a fight?

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    dunfarts

Nuzak on
  • Options
    CalebrosCalebros a k a TimesNewPwnin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lurker I'll fight you

Calebros on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Alright, SS code.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fuck! How did he pull it off. Ah well. I'm not a hater, and I will not be hatin'.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I honestly thought someone would have the new thread ready, but one didn't pop up and I already had my OP saved, so I figured I'd go for it.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'll beat him to the punch next time.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'll beat him to the punch next time.

You can never prevent the Dunsparce thread from existing, though, so beating him loses all meaning now.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    serene grace doubles the chance of dunsparce sucking too

forgot to mention that
    i'm just jumpin on the hate bandwagon, he seems alright, i think i used him in one of my gold playthroughs

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I support dunsparce.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh, we'll see, silence

T-minus 99 pages until THE INGLORIOUS FALL OF DUNSPARCE.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    the new graphics they're using look awesomeeee

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I support dunsparce.
    When the Dunsparce take over the world, you'll be spared.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's me, I use Earthquake on things with Levitate.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    "Justin Towell of GamesRadar UK expressed disappointment, both that the games were not announced for the planned Nintendo 3DS handheld, and that the names evoked an image of obsolete Game Boy technology."

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hm, I'm having a lot of fun using a Baton Passer in the Factory, and now I wanna make one.

Can anything reliably pass Sp. Def and/or Sp. Atk?

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    "Justin Towell of GamesRadar UK expressed disappointment, both that the games were not announced for the planned Nintendo 3DS handheld, and that the names evoked an image of obsolete Game Boy technology."
    Man, both of those things make me happy!

The Game Boy isn't obsolete, it's nostalgic

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Meissnerd wrote: »

But those are my two favorite things about this. The fact that I don't have to buy a 3DS for this, and the retro naming.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    Skelly BSkelly B Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I dig the names Pokemon Black and Pokemon White, but I'm not sure they're leaving much room for a third game. Pokemon Grey seems a little lame.

Skelly B on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    obsolete game boy technology?

i use my gameboy printer around the office, it is so handy!

but seriously what that man talking about

did that man want funk fuschia and orgasmic orange

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I dont see how its retro at all, really

i called the name in like 2007 though

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Hm, I'm having a lot of fun using a Baton Passer in the Factory, and now I wanna make one.

volbeat can pass special atk with tail glow

drifblim or girafarig can pass calm mind

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thanks, I'll look into this.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's retro in that it's the first time since RBY that we've had color naming instead of metal or gemstone naming.

Well, all of those metal/stone names are technically colors as well, but that's never how I thought of it.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    also, Justin Towell of GamesrRadar UK can suck my dick

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    how does black and white bring up the image of old game boys

the original was green

the game boy pocket used shades of grey, I guess?
    after that was the GBC and no black and white there

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »

Amnesia Sp. D - Mew, Furret, Girafarig, Smeargle, Gorebyss

Nasty Plot Sp. A - Mew, Togekiss, Ambipom, Smeargle, Plusle + Minum

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's retro in that it's the first time since RBY that we've had color naming instead of metal or gemstone naming.

Well, all of those metal/stone names are technically colors as well, but that's never how I thought of it.

so he wanted cotton and silk versions

like i thought it was understood that the names have been getting zany for a while

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Maybe I should change this thread to the

"Justin Towell of GamesRadar UK is a moron" thread.

nah
    he really is, though

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm glad they went back to color naming. Diamond and Pearl was pushing it.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ebboonyyy

and

iiivoorrryyyy

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Togetheeeeeer in haaaaaaarmmmmmmooooony

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    CalebrosCalebros a k a TimesNewPwnin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh, I didn't know we were playing the stealth rock/multiple leftovers rules. Had I known that my team would have been equipped differently and lineup changed a bit.

Calebros on
This discussion has been closed.