As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Street Fighter (IV/HDR): Fourteen days left! That's less than...336 hours!

• Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PM sent.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm going to go ahead and add people I am moderately sure are going to have it within 24 hours of release, so this is going to be most regulars. So go check before you PM.

People that I play with regularly? Updated. Most forum goers on the 360 are also updated. If you have multiple platforms and you are a regular you are NOT updated since I don't know which system(s) you're getting it for.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PM sent. It also dawned on me that I don't think I've played ChaosHat outside of PAX. Should remedy this.

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I really need to stop playing characters that don't have a fireball (Excluding Rose). It's just so damn infuriating to have to duck dodge weave and focus to even get close only to have them jump at shotospeed back and start it all over again. Of course just jumping is out of the question because roflryuken>all.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I really need to stop playing characters that don't have a fireball (Excluding Rose). It's just so damn infuriating to have to duck dodge weave and focus to even get close only to have them jump at shotospeed back and start it all over again. Of course just jumping is out of the question because roflryuken>all.

nooooooo, don't be a lame fireball guy!!! Stay with the low and lol-tiers! :mrgreen:

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's too late. I'm already winning matches with 75% goukenballs.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's too late. I'm already winning matches with 75% goukenballs.

No worries, Gouken is not a lame fireballer.

Arde on

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

i know how you feel. only reason i play blanka is to slide under fireballs.

seriously...

hadoken on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    hadoken wrote: »

i know how you feel. only reason i play blanka is to slide under fireballs.

seriously...

Don't worry - you'll be our hope in a team match when we face an army of Hawks and Giefs.

Arde on

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Man why do my two best characters (Blanka/Balrog) also have to be my least favorite ones. Curse you hands!

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man why do my two best characters (Blanka/Balrog) also have to be my least favorite ones. Curse you hands!

I tried, for months, to get good at someone other than Boxer.

And I failed.

Not that I mind so much. Its way less frustrating playing a good character.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Couple of good HDR matches against Ruffnite last night.

Cammy v Fei Long should not result in so hardcore a stomping as I received, but I'll get you next time Gadget.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »

New Main decided.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Wow.
    Two minutes in

Watch that charge time on Sonic Boom.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Wow.
    Two minutes in

Watch that charge time on Sonic Boom.

Lol, that was epic!

PS- Why does the announcer sound like the kind of guy who beats his wife?

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I read that they had shortened the charge time for sonic booms, but... wow.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Compressing all the tiers is good

16 more days till release is bad

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I was going to leave an option for vanilla SFIV on the friends list, but there's no fucking point. We'll all probably trade in our copies.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was going to leave an option for vanilla SFIV on the friends list, but there's no fucking point. We'll all probably trade in our copies.

I'll always have my PC version, but yes, you're probably right to do that.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I'll always have my PC version, but yes, you're probably right to do that.

PC SFIV is the only one I'm keeping around on the list, since those guys always seem pretty lonely anyways.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is there even going to be any trade in value for vanilla after super comes out?

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    Is there even going to be any trade in value for vanilla after super comes out?

I might as well get my one dollar for it.

The Great Friends List Revision, Part the First!

Okay, friends listing updates. Just about everyone who posts in this thread with any sort of frequency has been auto upgraded to Super. If you silly geese don't buy the game within a few days of Super, I will find you and murder you for ruining the integrity of my all important list. There is one notable exception to this: if you have only signed up for multiple platforms, I didn't upgrade you on either one, since I don't know which (if not both) you'll be getting.

So, multiplatform people and lurkers should message me to clarify. Lurkers were hated on since I don't know if they died since adding themselves to the list.

Also, if you want to add or drop a platform from your entry (due to sale or explosion or something) you should tell me what I'm dropping and adding (along with what games to add if adding). Finally, if you've done a gamertag change or need to change aaaaanything else* on the friends list. Do it.

As always, be as specific as possible when telling me what I'm changing on the list, and MAKE SURE YOU'RE ON IT TO BEGIN WITH. A few people have told me to update their data despite not actually being on the list. If you're not on the list, the form is updated and ready to add you. Please also make sure you double check information on the list. Even if you were probably autoupdated, I may have skipped you, or there may just be other out of date information, such as games you bought on sale *COUGH* *HDR* *COUGH* *MVC2* *COUGH*

*I am not changing your main to [insert new character here] because s/he looks super cool and you TOTALLY want to play him/her but then two weeks after release you figure out s/he doesn't really gel with you and you need to go back to [old main]. I will probably make a call for main updates about a month or so after release, so you know what's sticking.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Good HDR matches last night.

It was all fun and games until Chun Li's medium punch showed up. Then it got serious.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Am I the only one who couldn't tell Guile's boom charge time was lessened from that video? Seemed like Dee Jay was mirroring him with his own pretty well. You could always Boom + knee forward and boom again.

Also, you guys need to HDR lobby earlier :[ I want to play.

aBlank on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also, someone let me know when there is to be HDRing. I still enjoy beating up on people.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    aBlank wrote: »
    Am I the only one who couldn't tell Guile's boom charge time was lessened from that video? Seemed like Dee Jay was mirroring him with his own pretty well. You could always Boom + knee forward and boom again.

Also, you guys need to HDR lobby earlier :[ I want to play.

Yeah, the booms were consistent but possible in vanilla SF4. Guile in a fireball match against Sagat without having to neutral jump or block much to keep up would be the best way to showcase the lesser charge time.

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I've already put in for a few days of vacation just to play this, uninterrupted, at launch.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Also: I will be down for HDR later, but I am hella rusty at it.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    I've already put in for a few days of vacation just to play this, uninterrupted, at launch.

That's hardcore right there, man.

Coffey on
    76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    RuffNiteRuffNite Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Taramoor wrote: »

Cammy v Fei Long should not result in so hardcore a stomping as I received, but I'll get you next time Gadget.

Yeah, noticed your name was familiar, couldn't point out how I knew but then I remembered I'd always enjoy a game against a PA'er.

RuffNite on
    xbl: RuffNite
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'll be requesting the later half of the week off last week of april so i can play this game a lot... as far as trading the game in goes... it would ultimately be pointless most likely... with super sf4, gamestop will only give you peanuts for the original, and you'll probably want to hold on to it so you can get that little extra something they're talking about.

dav3yb on
    PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I am using Cammy in championship to try and get into a more aggressive mind set for super to pretty ok results. I have found that Chun Li still wrecks me when I go aggressive vs her just like when I play a more defensive style... I really don't want her to be better because I win something like 1 out of 20 vs her online as is. Worse then that I lost to fireball spam/neutral jump split kick on jump in defensive Chun like super bad and had no real concept of what to do vs her.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    RuffNite wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »

Yeah, noticed your name was familiar, couldn't point out how I knew but then I remembered I'd always enjoy a game against a PA'er.

HOLY SHIT! Is that RuffNite?!

Where the hell have you been? Last time we heard from you it was during the early SF4/HDR days with you running rampant with Balrog. Then one day we get a post about you having to stop playing and not posting anymore. Rumors swirled and the internet exploded with speculation. Personally, I thought you owed money to the mafia from not throwing SF4 tourney matches, but that's probably too far fetched....or is it?!

:D

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    dav3yb wrote: »
    I'll be requesting the later half of the week off last week of april so i can play this game a lot... as far as trading the game in goes... it would ultimately be pointless most likely... with super sf4, gamestop will only give you peanuts for the original, and you'll probably want to hold on to it so you can get that little extra something they're talking about.

Trade it in AFTER. And again, the dollar after is better than nothing.
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »
    So I am using Cammy in championship to try and get into a more aggressive mind set for super to pretty ok results. I have found that Chun Li still wrecks me when I go aggressive vs her just like when I play a more defensive style... I really don't want her to be better because I win something like 1 out of 20 vs her online as is. Worse then that I lost to fireball spam/neutral jump split kick on jump in defensive Chun like super bad and had no real concept of what to do vs her.

There is no stopping the Chun. I hope everyone is jazzed up for Super! Short, short, legs...

KIKOSHO!

Unless you have a good fireball. Then you can enjoy the old school fun of Hosenka.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

i suppose... and ill always have the pc version of vanilla if i ever, for some strange strange reason, want to play it... and i guess taking money from gamestop knowing they'll probably never sell another copy of VSF4 will be a good thing.

It was so hard to want to play SF4 with people since it was always 1 on 1... super will be tons better...

btw, the list you mentioned updating, is that the XBL friends list?

dav3yb on
    PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    edited April 2010

i suppose... and ill always have the pc version of vanilla if i ever, for some strange strange reason, want to play it... and i guess taking money from gamestop knowing they'll probably never sell another copy of VSF4 will be a good thing.

It was so hard to want to play SF4 with people since it was always 1 on 1... super will be tons better...

btw, the list you mentioned updating, is that the XBL friends list?

It is the Penny Arcade bi-system friends list of 2d fighting games with good netcode.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ... so is that the google list in the first post?

(also in your sig i see)

if we re-add ourselves with updated info will it correct it, or just put a 2nd guy in there?

dav3yb on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ... so is that the google list in the first post?

(also in your sig i see)

if we re-add ourselves with updated info will it correct it, or just put a 2nd guy in there?

That's a super good question. My gut says it would just put a second guy.

Edit: yep, makes a new guy.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    People. There is a form to add yourself if you are not currently on it. It is in the op and my signature. I am only asking people to PM me if they need REVISIONS.

ChaosHat on