As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

POSSE UP! [Red Dead Redemption]

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Super Metroid on the VC almost justifies the price point of the Wii by itself

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Got the gun they GAVE you, you can find atleast 3 more before you leave.

The drug lady has one, the school down the street from the drug lady is full of raiders that have guns.

I can't fucking walk 10 steps without falling face first into a pile of pistols.

I somehow left the vault without a pistol. I didn't kill the drug dealer lady. How in the hell am I supposed to kill guys with guns when my best weapon is a baseball bat?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I dont even know how it's possible to get out of the Vault without a pistol

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I dont even know how it's possible to get out of the Vault without a pistol

I didn't know where things were going, so when Amata tried to give me a pistol, I told her she should keep it.

I got a pistol a few hours ago, about 20 minutes after I posted. Lured a raider out of the school, hit him with the bat and took his gun. Now, I have a bunch of guns that are all falling apart.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I need to replay FO3... I was running a d20 Modern game based on a post-fallout world (5 years after the game to be exact). I love that game so much :)

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i should finish fallout 3 one day

my completionist urges just serve to make the game really intimidating

satansfingers on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Doug what the fuck, man?

Why in the name of all things holy would you refuse a weapon in a game, especially considering that, yes, you were unsure of what was going on at the time?

The times when you get confused are the best times to start firing!

I played Fallout 3 maaaaaad when I got it, but I had a glitch that wouldn't let me pass through the place where
    yo daddy
    dies, so I was like fuck it.

Months later I borrowed the game from a friend (lost my disc) so I could play the DLC.

Turns out his disc let me pass through that unfortunate area, and after I played The Pitt I went back and finished everything.

The DLC really dragged me back into that game full force.

Graves on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So I looked at a faq for Fallout3. Man, I should have taken repair instead of medicine. Stinking guns corroding or whatever constantly.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    SpacehogSpacehog Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So I looked at a faq for Fallout3. Man, I should have taken repair instead of medicine. Stinking guns corroding or whatever constantly.

mods!

Unless you have a console version, then,

you're fucked!

Spacehog on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    repair is essential in that game

as is lockpicking

if you have enough lockpicking and sneak skill you can fix your gun and ammunition problem for your first eight or ten levels just by breaking into the Megaton gun storage

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i should finish fallout 3 one day

my completionist urges just serve to make the game really intimidating

I found every place on the map before I got half way done with that game.

Just running around, shooting the shit out of everything with rail road spikes.

A man and his dog.

And his super mutant.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I never got the dog

Also that whole game I was pretty much all about the Chinese assault rifle until I got the Terrible Shotgun

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    it makes a choo choo sound when you shoot it

Langly on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Goddamn I loved me some Fallout 3 the first time through

But I didn't find it compelling at all when I attempted a second playthrough

What I am saying here is I can't wait for New Vegas

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When everyone was playing Fallout 3, I found it really intriguing how people on SE were doing playthroughs with little back stories in their heads. I can't think of another game that had people doing that voluntarily.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can't really enjoy a good F3 playthrough without a firm image of the character and the decisions they'd make in my mind

It makes it harder to succumb to the GOTTA GET KARMA system

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My first time through I went to Paradise Falls and accidentally got all the prisoners killed, barely escaping myself.

After I got Fawkes, I came back for revenge. Let me tell you, I never get tired of smashing somebody so hard with the Super Sledge that their body literally explodes into chunks.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    When everyone was playing Fallout 3, I found it really intriguing how people on SE were doing playthroughs with little back stories in their heads. I can't think of another game that had people doing that voluntarily.

I did it with City of Heroes, and all the elder scrolls games, actually, now that I think about it. (Oblivigun lol)

Langly on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    And of course I walked out wearing Eulogy's suit and hat. I would have felt wrong if I didn't.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Langly wrote: »

I did it with City of Heroes, and all the elder scrolls games, actually. (Oblivigun lol)

It's oddly satisfying! It's different in a game like Mass Effect, where it's a bit more linear in that you usually have option a) and b), and it's all along a set path.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Cloudman wrote: »
    And of course I walked out wearing Eulogy's suit and hat. I would have felt wrong if I didn't.

that's pretty much required

You guys are making me want to boot F3 up and beat it for the tenth or eleventh time

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

unless you're shooting it in VATS, in which case it makes a CHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO sound which is so much better

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Fandyien wrote: »

You guys are making me want to boot F3 up and beat it for the tenth or eleventh time

do a The Great Satan run

where you kill everyone and steal everything

especially ghouls

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just started the fallout expansions yesterday. I'm enjoying good karma a lot more than evil because it opens up a lot more side quests rather than just "kill me for a key/document"

plus I can still lie to people for good karma, like the quest where you have to return the robot to his owner

also: which is the best expansion? I started with operation anchorage and it is dope

Swill on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The best expansion is Broken Steel. Some people like Point Lookout as well but I kind of hated it.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

do a The Great Satan run

especially ghouls

I did that already

I'm tempted to try another manifestation of either a super good guy or, since that's boring, starting out a selfish vault dwelling weirdo and do good deeds slowly

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    my most memorable run was as a brain washed American good old boy who would listen to President Eden ALL THE TIME and would hunt down brotherhood guys, it was so fun

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I did it with City of Heroes, and all the elder scrolls games, actually. (Oblivigun lol)

It's oddly satisfying! It's different in a game like Mass Effect, where it's a bit more linear in that you usually have option a) and b), and it's all along a set path.

yeah, it's one of the reasons that I liked those games so much. It actually let you sandbox, because you could take different paths each step of the way. You didn't just choose evil/good/neutral at big defining moments, you were always making those choices.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The best expansion is Broken Steel. Some people like Point Lookout as well but I kind of hated it.

How could you hate point lookout?

It had everything

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010

God that made me laugh so hard, Lang. I have no idea why.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i dont think i actually finished point lookout, but the setting was AWESOME.

weird how every crate was full of confederacy pants/hats, though

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

do a The Great Satan run

especially ghouls

I did that already

I'm tempted to try another manifestation of either a super good guy or, since that's boring, starting out a selfish vault dwelling weirdo and do good deeds slowly

Do a Wasteland Hippie run where you make a beeline for Oasis, join the tree people, and then spread the word to the slavering masses with your mole rat murder branch.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

Man, I need to get a goddamned house so I can get my desktop up and running. I want to replay - i bought all the expansions for it and have so far only played through Operation: Anchorage (which got me the awesome armor that doesn't degrade). Meh.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

It had everything

It was ugly and the difficulty scaling was way off. I don't care how inbred these stupid fucking hillbillies are, they shouldn't be as hard to kill as an ultimate mutant bastard.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

do a The Great Satan run

especially ghouls

I did that already

Do a Wasteland Hippie run where you make a beeline for Oasis, join the tree people, and then spread the word to the slavering masses with your mole rat murder branch.

haha, awesome

this might have to happen

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So I remember vaguely hearing something about Co-Op mode for FO3? Is this a truth or what?

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

It had everything

It was ugly and the difficulty scaling was way off. I don't care how inbred these stupid fucking hillbillies are, they shouldn't be as hard to kill as an ultimate mutant bastard.

I think that I would really enjoy trading off most of my health if the bad guys did, too. Is there a realism mod, where one headshot is bad news bears?

Langly on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    So I remember vaguely hearing something about Co-Op mode for FO3? Is this a truth or what?

it is a lie

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think one of the reasons I liked F3 so much was the setting. F3 was my first game in the fallout series, but I had heard about it a few years back, and I always wondered why they didn't start off in washington. seeing ground zero of the bombing of america seemed pretty mandatory to me.

that being said, new vegas looks to be really fun just because it wasn't really effected by the bombings, but at the same time it was.

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i'm getting on xbl now to play fallout

if anyone wants to play with me (re: in a party chatting whilst we play together)

add me

Duk Koo Kim

Swill on
This discussion has been closed.