As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

None can know what happened here! But build a statue with a movie of it. [SE++ WoW]

1565758596062»

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    and heroic gunship spyglass

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I can't see any good reason to start extending already. A lot of upgrades to be had again, now.

Ranlin on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I guess because I don't really care about loot as much as I care about progression. Many of us have quite a few 264 pieces anyway, so it's not as though we're woefully undergeared.

Javen on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The more 264 loot we get on people the faster we can progress in both 10 and 25.
    Also we can probably get through the first 2 easier next time.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2010
    look if you guys don't care about loot how will you ever have a high enough gearscore to pug VOA?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    also
    Naphtali wrote: »

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    what is the gunship fight, by the way

we did it last night and I was like ok this is a thing, kinda boring but... oh its over?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I want the heroic gunship bracers.

and heroic marrowgar boots (shooooeeeessss)

gunship on heroic is the biggest joke ever joked. the missiles do knockback and that is it.

Langly on
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Naph, you and your trinkets.

I still find it amusing that on the day you finally got the ToC one, you won the Icecrown one later.

Dys on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    robothero wrote: »

we did it last night and I was like ok this is a thing, kinda boring but... oh its over?

If you're bored during gunship you're doing it wrong!
    Because if nothing else, you could be jetting around on your rocket pack.

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    also

what are you trying to say, dave?

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    belt of blasting

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Dys wrote: »
    Naph, you and your trinkets.

I still find it amusing that on the day you finally got the ToC one, you won the Icecrown one later.

the same thing happened with arcane loops of anger from H FoS (like 20+ something runs daily for it) and then saurfang 10 neck.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I didn't know what it was until about halfway through the fight but by then it was too late.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    I want the heroic gunship bracers.

and heroic marrowgar boots (shooooeeeessss)

gunship on heroic is the biggest joke ever joked. the missiles do knockback and that is it.

all I did during heroic gunship was set my felguard on aggressive and cast corruption and drain soul on the riflemen because I was low on shards.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I demand heroic Chess

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Oh sweet, apparently I never cashed in the mount from when I RAF'd with Thrakill

I hope I can trade it in for the rocket when it comes out

EDIT: Apparently I can! woo

Javen on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

I didn't know what it was until about halfway through the fight but by then it was too late.

Gunship is essentially the Chess fight from Karazhan, where it's more fun if we don't tell you about it before hand and virtually impossible to screw up

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    Oh sweet, apparently I never cashed in the mount from when I RAF'd with Thrakill

I hope I can trade it in for the rocket when it comes out

I'm in the same boat with this
    I never got my Zhevra because I couldn't decide which character to give it to

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    We're gonna need a bigger boat soon

Naphtali on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I had forgotten how much I loved playing pong with holy balls of healing.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Javen wrote: »
    I guess because I don't really care about loot as much as I care about progression. Many of us have quite a few 264 pieces anyway, so it's not as though we're woefully undergeared.

The biggest part is 264 weapnons / trinkets in particular, which we have very limited access to in our 25s.

I also don't think we'll take anywhere near as long next time to get where we are right now. It just took a little while to break old easymode habits.

Ranlin on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So it looks like they finally took the hint and will be upgrading their hardware with the release of the new expansion, instead of the previous two where they waited a few months for the game to become nigh unplayable before making any sort of improvement.

Javen on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    haha your guy is on a realm named after a bear

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, you could call Blizzard

Naphtali on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I hope blazing speed works with time warp

zooooooommmmm

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, you could call Blizzard

I did

they said there was nothing they could do about the mysterious transfer of one of my accounts, which happened to be the one with both expansions authorized :((

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So blizz wants me to, as a healer, trust the dps to do the right thing to keep themselves from dying instead of me being able to keep them healed.

Sounds frustrating.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    What? I mean, do you have control of the account back? Or they wouldn't reverse the transfer? Or both I guess.

edit t fandy

Naphtali on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Metacortex wrote: »
    So blizz wants me to, as a healer, trust the dps to do the right thing to keep themselves from dying instead of me being able to keep them healed.

Sounds frustrating.

in it's current state, maybe, but if they really increase health pools and damage mitigation as much as they're alluding, it won't be that difficult.

Especially since you won't be having to spam heals on the tank at all times, either

Javen on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    if they wanted us to trust the DPS when why do we have to grip them out of the fire

Naphtali on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    What? I mean, do you have control of the account back? Or they wouldn't reverse the transfer? Or both I guess.

edit t fandy

They concluded that there, uh, wasn't a problem even though Fandyien was defintely on cho'gall when I unsubbed

so I submitted the whole thing in the "merge help/account compromised form" and this is what I got, which is essentially "lol we don't care"
    'allo!

We have determined that the World of Warcraft account ACCOUNTnameHERE has been accessed/compromised by someone not authorized to do so by the World of Warcraft Terms of Use (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html).

To protect your privacy and security, we have temporarily disabled this account. Any recurring subscriptions have been suspended to prevent further monetary charges. In order to regain access to the account, you must complete the steps below to secure the account and your computer.

Please keep this email for your reference until the account recovery process has been completed.

STEP 1: SECURE THE ACCOUNT, YOUR COMPUTER AND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
    Account compromises most often occur when a player shares login information with an unauthorized third party or plays on a computer that has a virus, Trojan, or key-logger. We recommend you read and apply the following tips to protect yourself and the account.

- Computer Security: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21118
    - Battle.net Account Security: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/26328
    - Email Address Security: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/28585

STEP 2: RECOVER THE ACCOUNT
    We now provide a secure website for you to verify that you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the account, your computer, and your email address. Please go to this site and follow the instructions:
    http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/securitywebform

STEP 3: VERIFY YOUR SUBMISSION WAS RECEIVED
    We will contact you with further instructions once we have received and processed your submission. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours of submitting this form, please resend it from the address listed above.

Please be aware that if unauthorized access to this account continues after the recovery process is complete, it may lead to further action against the account.

Regards,

Varmstad
    Game Master
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.worldofwarcraft.com

Original Message
    To: web.support@blizzard.com" target="_blank">web.support@blizzard.com
    Sent: 3/27/2010 2:09:53 PM
    Subject: Character Transfer Support

1. Name -- Jacob Awesomesauce
    2. Battle.net Account Name -- snakeajake@mac.com
    3. World of Warcraft Account Name -- Fandyien
    4. Character name -- Fandyien
    4. Original Realm -- Cho'gall
    5. Current Realm -- Misha

As my E-mail records state, I cancelled my account "Fandyien" on April 9, 2009. I decided to resubscribe today, and I attempted to merge my two World of Warcraft accounts into my new Battle.net account, registered as snakeajake@mac.com.

I was in the guild <Shambler Milk> with whom I raided and post on Penny-Arcade.com forums with. Since my cancellation, my Character has somehow been transferred to Mishra and I am unable to merge my original account, "Fandyien", but I was able to merge my other account "Fandyien1". "Fandyien1" was only utilized briefly and does not contain the licensed expansions, which I purchased at full price upon release.

When attempting to merge "Fandyien" (the account with my level 80 Priest), I am given the message that it is registered to another battle.net account, despite the original account's e-mail being snakeajake@mac.com. At this juncture, it appears that someone else has taken control of the account "Fandyien" by merging it with a battle.net account with which I am unfamiliar and cannot find.

I have since lost my physical copies of the disks and The Wrath of The Lich King box, but the original "Fandyien" account is licensed for them. Please help me regain my lost primary account and merge it with my new battle.net account, snakeajake@mac.com.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    They'll probably do something after you recover the account, or at least I'd hope so. I think you basically got a form letter there.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    if they wanted us to trust the DPS when why do we have to grip them out of the fire

Exactly. I understand what they are trying to do, and if it affords me a bit more time to make healing decisions it'll be nice, but if I'm going to be expected to leave DPS at half health for a while to take care of other things and trust that they don't do something dumb until I can come back around...

I don't trust most DPS to even be facing the right way most of the time.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    They'll probably do something after you recover the account, or at least I'd hope so. I think you basically got a form letter there.

This is what they sent me afterwards, which, insofar as I can understand blizzard speak, seems to be "lol we can't help you" accompanied by them giving me the finger
    Greetings

Thank you for contacting us with regards to the World of Warcraft account you are using. We have reviewed the account and were unable to find any restrictions which would prevent you from accessing the account or the game servers. If your account was suspended and your password reset, please try to log into the game client with the temporary password that was sent to you before accessing the account information page to change your password.

If you continue to have problems, please make sure that the servers are online by checking the World of Warcraft site at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/. Please inform us if this issue persists so that we may forward it to our Technical Support Department. Alternatively, you may contact them directly at WoWTech@Blizzard.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience. We appreciate your continued support of World of Warcraft.

Regards,

William H.
    Accounts & Technical Services: http://us.blizzard.com/support
    US & Canada: 1-800-592-5499 - Australia: 1-800-041-378
    Technical Support - 1-949-955-1382
    International Contacts: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20606

Original Message
    To: web.support@blizzard.com" target="_blank">web.support@blizzard.com
    Sent: 3/29/2010 4:35:54 PM
    Subject: Blizzard Entertainment -- Account Security Verification

1. Battle.net Account -- snakeajake@mac.com
    2. World of Warcraft Account -- Fandyien
    3. First Name -- Jacob
    4. Last Name -- The Coolest
    Computer and Account Security -- Acknowledged.
    Email Security -- Acknowledged.
    Type of Account -- Player marked that their WoW Account was compromised, may require B.net transfer.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think you're gonna have to call and talk to a human being unfortunately if you're getting form letters and you can't get your account back still (transfered toon aside for the moment)

Naphtali on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Now that I know I can get a rocket I am pissed that I can't have one right now

Javen on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    Remember, guys, we're all switching over to The Old Republic when it comes out!

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.