As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The old Final Fantasy XIII thread is over, but here is another.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am almost at the end of chapter 11 and my chars are all around 4k health.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rinder wrote: »
    Ceratoraptors are fun aren't they butters? All spawning more little dudes.
    Taking them out is priority number one. I had to use a deceptisol to 5 star that one.

I don't see how deceptisol helps as all. Those little multiplying bastards screw it all up. I'll just need to wait till I get more HP.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I went back after beating the chapter 11 boss and went through enough missions to nearly max out all my characters' stage 9 crystariums

I got as far as
    the Titan's Trials
    before I decided to continue the plot

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    captaink wrote: »
    The difficulty has gotten pretty good in Chapter 11. I'm going to try to knock out up to missions 17 before I go to whatever destination they've picked for me.

Hope cannot learn Haste fast enough. I like him more than Sazh as a ravager, but I gotta rock Lightning/Vanille/Sazh(or Fang if I need a sentinel). Hope could replace Vanille but I like casting Imperil/Deshell and Haste at the start of every fight.

I'm going to try to get a growth egg after chapter 11. Any recommendations on farming CP at that point (early Ch. 12)?

Hope can't learn haste until you get stage 9 crystariums at the end of Ch. 11.

Ch. 12 you can't go back and get a growth egg. You get a portal back near the beginning of 13. I wouldn't stay and grid, Neochu will wreck your shit in Ch. 11.

Yeah, it's supposed to be super hard and take a lot of luck but you can do it via death spam. This guy has a guide so I know it's possible: Gamefaqs growth egg guide

Maybe you can complete chapter 11 but not cross over to 12? No idea really. The guide talks about having over 5k health and my guys are around 2k each. We have a lot of work to do.

I should not secretly want to get the mastered all roles achievement is my problem. I purposefully sold all the weapons I wasn't using so I would avoid treasure hunter.

I tried at the very end of Ch. 11, backtracking after I unlocked Stage 9. I made Snow into a super-sentinel, death spam, etc. Death worked, and then I couldn't do shit against the Picochus.

I figured the math didn't work out. I could grind crappy fights in Ch. 11 for weak CP to get a double CP item to use in 12. Or go straight to 12 and come back later for my double CP.

Also treasure hunter doesn't mean you have to keep each item, just acquire it once. :evil:

captaink on
    edited April 2010
    What number do those start at CL

I have done 1 thru 27

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think in the late 30's

You gotta unlock two palings before you can get to them

Neither Undying is particularly difficult

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    I've decided I'm only going to take a quick stab at getting the Treasure Hunter achievement. I'm going to acquire everything I can but if I missed something I'm not going to go crazy trying to figure it out. Just buy one of everything from the store and upgrade where needed.

Hell, that might be enough. Are there any items you can miss and never again see?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Also treasure hunter doesn't mean you have to keep each item, just acquire it once. :evil:

I know but... lets... lets just pretend that I don't know that. It's like putting a few foot barrier on a bridge. It really does lower the suicide rate even if anyone can get over the barrier. I'd have to buy all the weapons again!

OnTheLastCastle on
    edited April 2010
    There is no quick stab. You have to upgrade all 8 of everyone's weapons to rank 2, and get 1 ultimate weapon for each character.

You can't miss anything, it's just grinding gil and components forever.

captaink on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    There is no quick stab. You have to upgrade all 8 of everyone's weapons to rank 2, and get 1 ultimate weapon for each character.

You can't miss anything, it's just grinding gil and components forever.

Well then I will do it. I was worried there was something in a chest in chapter X that I missed and couldn't get anywhere else.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The difficulty has gotten pretty good in Chapter 11. I'm going to try to knock out up to missions 17 before I go to whatever destination they've picked for me.

Hope cannot learn Haste fast enough. I like him more than Sazh as a ravager, but I gotta rock Lightning/Vanille/Sazh(or Fang if I need a sentinel). Hope could replace Vanille but I like casting Imperil/Deshell and Haste at the start of every fight.

I'm going to try to get a growth egg after chapter 11. Any recommendations on farming CP at that point (early Ch. 12)?

Hope can't learn haste until you get stage 9 crystariums at the end of Ch. 11.

Ch. 12 you can't go back and get a growth egg. You get a portal back near the beginning of 13. I wouldn't stay and grid, Neochu will wreck your shit in Ch. 11.

Yeah, it's supposed to be super hard and take a lot of luck but you can do it via death spam. This guy has a guide so I know it's possible: Gamefaqs growth egg guide

Maybe you can complete chapter 11 but not cross over to 12? No idea really. The guide talks about having over 5k health and my guys are around 2k each. We have a lot of work to do.

I should not secretly want to get the mastered all roles achievement is my problem. I purposefully sold all the weapons I wasn't using so I would avoid treasure hunter.

I tried at the very end of Ch. 11, backtracking after I unlocked Stage 9. I made Snow into a super-sentinel, death spam, etc. Death worked, and then I couldn't do shit against the Picochus.

I figured the math didn't work out. I could grind crappy fights in Ch. 11 for weak CP to get a double CP item to use in 12. Or go straight to 12 and come back later for my double CP.

I got my growth egg before Ch. 12. Let me tell you: totally worth it. 100% worth the effort. Once you have it, you dont really need to do any griding to max out the remaining Level 9 cryst. Once I did, I just let it accumulate, and had nearly enough to max out the main roles in the Level 10 cryst in the post game.

You need to have Snow as a sentinel and death spam the neochu. If it doesn't land before Neochu uses Screech, retry. Use a Fortisol and Aegisol to have buffs up. I had Hope as my 3rd party member for awesome healing. Once Neochu died, I just kept using Death on the Picochus. It's a long fight, but again, totally worth it.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited April 2010
    The first time I fought Neochu I got him with Death on maybe the third or fourth try...then I didn't pay enough attention and was killed by the little fuckers. Took me another 15 minutes after that to get death to work again.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've heard the best way to get the little guys is to have Rav/Sen/Med and just slowly grind them out with Vanille as the ravager.

Basically, you only need Sab/Sen/Med, Med/Sen/Med if things get bad and Rav/Sen/Med.

It is super nice outside, I'm at work and all I want to do is go home to beat this freakin' Neochu now.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I don't really feel like firing up FFXIII just to find this out, so

what does Ruin do, exactly? anything special?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Ruin is basically just non-elemental magic damage based on your Str. So commandos can do damage if the enemy is physical immune.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
    edited April 2010
    Ruin feels like cheating when your commandos do more damage with deshell on. But the monsters are a lot more dynamic now (and debuffs actually work!) so it is balanced.

OnTheLastCastle on
    edited April 2010
    Ruin doesn't Launch though, and I think it doesn't do some of the other good stuff commandos can do passively.

But then your buddies are smart enough to attack once to launch, then Ruin. <3

captaink on
    edited April 2010
    Ruinaga on the other hand

is the best attack in the game

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Ruinaga on the other hand

is the best attack in the game

I AM SO CLOSE TO GETTING IT! Alright, I was gonna stay til 6 but my boss is off traveling for work and NO ONE has needed anything from me all day so... yep, time to get some Ruinaga.

Anyone know the actual bonuses for the class role levels? Like is a commando +% of damage based on each role level?

OnTheLastCastle on
  • RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Butters wrote: »
    Rinder wrote: »
    Ceratoraptors are fun aren't they butters? All spawning more little dudes.
    Taking them out is priority number one. I had to use a deceptisol to 5 star that one.

I don't see how deceptisol helps as all. Those little multiplying bastards screw it all up. I'll just need to wait till I get more HP.

Premptive strike and Quake. Then I nuked them while they were all staggered...boom all dead.

Rinder on
    edited April 2010
    maaaan where is the last part for the robot

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    maaaan where is the last part for the robot

kill the vampire between the branches you can hop over

that took me an hour to figure out

PiptheFair on
    edited April 2010
    no I got that one

I'm missing another

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    there should be yellow dots on the map telling you where the pieces are

Adus on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    no I got that one

I'm missing another

they are all marked on your map except that

did you get the one on the very beginning of the bridge?

PiptheFair on
    edited April 2010
    pffft maps

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    holy shit that first chapter 12 cutscene

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, it took me forever to get the piece you get from the vampire. They are all on the map but that one. How was I supposed to know? HOW?

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited April 2010
    Beat the game last night. Wish I had gotten some genji gloves though as I was hitting the 99,999 damage cap like crazy with Fang and Light.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited April 2010
    Beat the game last night. Wish I had gotten some genji gloves though as I was hitting the 99,999 damage cap like crazy with Fang and Light.

I was in the same boat. I hate that some of the toughest fights are what give you the gloves when you could really use the gloves for those fights. Jerks.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I have two gloves now :)

unintentional on
    edited April 2010

I was in the same boat. I hate that some of the toughest fights are what give you the gloves when you could really use the gloves for those fights. Jerks.

This makes me happy that I won't have to do anything extraordinary to break the 100,000 limit besides find the glove. I swear the only RPG with good achievements was Lost Odyssey, the rest are all for the silliest freakin' geese who breathe through their mouths (to get 1000 on).

How many hours did you guys put into beating it? I'm at 40 and still in Chapter 11.

Everyone should get this game but make their roommate/child/paid assistant play the first 30 hours.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I liked stumbling into more cutscenes as I was doing post-game exploration. Wish there were more :(

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
    edited April 2010
    I got to chapter 11 in 20 hours or so. I finished the game right at 50 and I'm currently over 60.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited April 2010
    I'm at like 55 or 58 but that's with leaving it paused for a few hours a few times.

Butters on
    edited April 2010
    I'm at like 55 or 58 but that's with leaving it paused for a few hours a few times.

It doesn't run the game clock when you pause!

Weep in despair at your wasted hours

captaink on
    edited April 2010
    It does if you're on the menu screen w/ the portraits, I think. I checked. My time jumped an hour but I'd only put in about 10-15 minutes of gametime fairly early on.

OnTheLastCastle on
    edited April 2010
    Yeah the clock runs in the menu screen for sure.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I beat God of War 3

What a yeesh ending
    The blood might as well have spelled, God of War... 4??

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    finally able to set my own party, thank christ.

now to decide who the hell i want to use the most.

Aretè on