As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla Effect: Revelation] - Into The Night - GAME OVER: mafia victory

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Voting for yourself in red means you commit suicide.

So does that mean instant death?
    CoreGoon wrote: »
    kime!

Wait, is he even in this game? I should check that. o_O

Being in the game has never mattered before :lol:.
    if I vote early, its suspicious.
    if I vote late, its suspicious.

if I vote in the middle of the day, that just makes it *even more* suspicious!

oh god! the pressure is too much!
    /fetal position

I direct you to the almighty List of Suspicious Things to Do in Phalla. Enlighten yourself :P.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh my. This is quite a lot to take in.

All I can be sure of is being a Turian and I guess my role.

No grudges so no red vote material yet.

However, I do have a green vote for Wildcat as thanks for letting me try out the Warhammer Mini. Thanks!

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    Technically, the safest thing to probably do in the attempt to make Bliss101 go mad or destroy me, is to even out the votes and give everyone a vote. If that were to mean 250 damage gets split up evenly, we'd all be doing alright.

But, if we also even out the green votes, we'd prevent some of that damage as well I think?

Yes, but there's more damage than protection. And someone has to take the flat 100 as well. However, krogans can actually heal a good chunk of it off since they regen.

And yes, he would hate you for spreading it out among 70 people.

And it makes it easier for the mafia to sway the votes. We have what is basically a guardian power, we should use that to our advantage. Each day, we should have two people we want to protect with all the green votes, so that we get the most out of them. Two people, each with 50 and 75 protection points is better than one with 50 and half a dozen with 12 at most.

Whoops, I misread and thought it was 100 main target + 250 spread damage. Only 150 spread changes it, not as big an incoming spike

Put say 35 (half) votes on a krogan and he takes 100 + 150*0.5 175 total. -125 (all green votes) = 50 - 20 regen = 30 damage. 0 with shields. That leaves 75 spread damage left for the remaining. So the vote damage is all tankable which I think is what ardor was going for.

edit: this of course depends on the above clarification

Phyphor on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !Kime

Zandracon on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dunadan019 stupid aliens.

Going to wait on the lime vote, see what human needs it the most.

Hippie on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh, and are we allowed to give items to other players?

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Speciesist!

My d70 says Shamus if I don't get on before vote close.

And Dunadan, let him live for a day or two at least. His theories are amusing

edit: vote close is 5pm eastern right?

Phyphor on
  • Options
    CoreGoonCoreGoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hippie wrote: »

But us asari need some lovin' too. :(
    :shock:

:winky:
    I suspect this smiley will be getting alot of use in this phalla.

CoreGoon on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    When you say regenerate, for example Krogan regenerating 20%, is that 20% of current health or 20% of total health?

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Spy, sappin my sentry?

I hope it's not as likely as I think.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It's quads. It's always quads.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    CoreGoon wrote: »
    Hippie wrote: »

But us asari need some lovin' too. :(

I suspect this smiley will be getting alot of use in this phalla.

:mrgreen:

Egos on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    LUCEDES!

I understand, but...

GARRET DORIGAN.

Seriously. It would have been badass, had he not missed vote close. And yes, I understand real life, but I feel this is what ruined my plans, there. I would be grudging your friend, if life were fair.

kime! kime gets beat on too much. Always.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hippie for hatin on aliens

No lime vote for now, if ever. Krogans protect themselves and destroy everything else.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    BertezBertezBertezBertez Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hippie because specism hurts everybody.

So yeah, it's a shame that this phalla starts on the day I learn I'm not getting a raise. :(

BertezBertez on
    ...but I would say that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It only hurts aliens. And they don't count anyway.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Hippie, already planning to pick up a Cerberus contract once this all over...

Egos on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nanomachines.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lucedes wrote: »
    LUCEDES!

I understand, but...

GARRET DORIGAN.

Seriously. It would have been badass, had he not missed vote close. And yes, I understand real life, but I feel this is what ruined my plans, there. I would be grudging your friend, if life were fair.

:lol:

I completely understand. The :lol: up there was for the 'grudging your friend'* line. If it makes you feel better, he did apologize for being stupid.

*A little backstory, because it is both frustrating (To myself and, quite apparently, Lucedes.) and humorous (To everyone else.) I missed vote close on Space Horror Phalla due to having to save a drunk and bloodied friend from jail time. This same day Luc was trying to get ahold of me to destroy Dunadan, who had been kinda gooseish the entire time (Ask around, he was. This is also what's going on with all the Duna votes.), with a mix of Lucedes' kill and my busdriver powers.

:sadface: was had by all.

Garret Dorigan on
    "Never Hit"
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Lucedes wrote: »
    LUCEDES!

I understand, but...

GARRET DORIGAN.

:lol:

I completely understand. The :lol: up there was for the 'grudging your friend'* line. If it makes you feel better, he did apologize for being stupid.

*A little backstory, because it is both frustrating (To myself and, quite apparently, Lucedes.) and humorous (To everyone else.) I missed vote close on Space Horror Phalla due to having to save a drunk and bloodied friend from jail time. This same day Luc was trying to get ahold of me to destroy Dunadan, who had been kinda gooseish the entire time (Ask around, he was. This is also what's going on with all the Duna votes.), with a mix of Lucedes' kill and my busdriver powers.

:sadface: was had by all.

And this is why we can't have nice things. :(

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    Hippie, already planning to pick up a Cerberus contract once this all over...

You know it.

Hippie on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kay screwed me in the ass during the Persona Phalla. I do not remember enjoying it. If I did, I now deny it.

Jdarksun, I hope to kill his hate with love.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Day one voting. At least I know what race I'm voting for.

!REG Rysk because I might as well vote for someone who'll regenerate so long as they don't win the vote.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    We need to put our head together if we are gonna engineer a perfect victory guys. Can we maybe keep some of the normal pettiness from past stuff out of this game?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    We need to put our head together if we are gonna engineer a perfect victory guys. Can we maybe keep some of the normal pettiness from past stuff out of this game?

The_Reflection for suggesting that I not be petty.

Kay, you're off the hook.

this time...

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Other then that, keep it to a minimum. The more I think about this red vote, the more I don't like it. It's like shooting a shot gun in a room full of people to kill one guy. If we get to wild with it, a lot of people are going to get hurt.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    After some thought, Fiaryn gets my vote of approval today.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    !Kime ofcourse! now, someone kill him and bring him back with a bunch more powers!

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

that's the name of the game, toxic. its an all out shoot 'em up.

that said, I'll fall for Zandracon's trap. Nanomachines strikes me as reaper tech.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

that's the name of the game, toxic. its an all out shoot 'em up.

And it never turns out well for the village. Gumpy. Cause he's cool like that.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    traps? here? surely not!? In that case - I'll join the vote on !Zandracon

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    InomineInomine Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Oh hey. CoreGoon is in this game! How splendid. Grudge for bandwagoning my ass out of the BvS-phalla, even though we were on the same team. He gets a little respect since he managed to win it, but still: Gruuuudge!

And, although he killed me in the Warhammer-phalla, it turned out that I actually was the reason he died in the BvS one. Fiaryn, here's me making up for that.
    Even though you TOTALLY gawked my ass in the Warhammerphalla. Hope you enjoyed that, you angry, angry devil. :winky:

Inomine on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Heeey - It's Inomine! XD You made it in as well I see *looks through Grudge List* nope - you're safe :P

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    AoR_Final wrote: »
    Oh, and are we allowed to give items to other players?

Items?! Items that could possibly be upgraded perhaps?

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    After thinking about it, Dunadan019. Every vote does count in this game. 2nd place can hurt the village. Your useless lists and voting down people for no good reason can hurt the us in this game, hard. I'm willing to change my vote, but you need to be useful. Not counter productive. And I will vote for any one just tossing out random votes. That shit will get us killed quick.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    A man referring to himself as "Lore" approaches one of the few working terminals. Quickly accessing a gridded map of the complex complete with signature. He quickly begins to point to the screen.

"Notice these clusters, here and here....surprisingly similar in size and formation."

Lore sets the VI to project its findings onto the wall opposite him. Sitting down in one of the few available recliners in the complex. He turns to another human next to him

"Notice how we are the only species that isn't neatly packaged. I have to wonder if this metaphoric or merely coincidental." Lore looks down for a moment; a morbid grin crosses his face "I'd say whatever is going on here is trying to keep things nice and tight-y and we can expect a lot of human deaths.."

Lore tilts his head back and humorlessly says "Its likely the Guiding Hand members would have Krogan and Turian mercenaries in their ranks." "I'd imagine the scientists were first to get indoctrinated, not many Krogan scientists.....doesn't mean there isn't a security grunt or something that got his head fried."

Lore points in another direction "Most of the head researches are either human,salarian and asari at least to my knowledge. Likely the indoctrinated are in those groupings. Granted asari mercenaries aren't that uncommon...but they usually tend to work in "sisterhoods" ; at least thats the impression the extranet gave me."

Egos on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So, kill all the aliens?

Got it.

Hippie on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    halolz-dot-com-masseffect-idonthavetime.jpg

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    TipharethTiphareth Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    pigeonking, I'll kill you last. But that doesn't mean I won't make you bleed first.

dunadan, he has been day oned a lot lately.

Tiphareth on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Lore turns to the man ,many of the crew lovingly, nicknamed Hippie; mainly due an overall style that reminded many of the crew of their ancient ancestors. At least in terms of dress if not mantra.

"That may be those prudent course if we weren't also dealing with a security upload. Which I understand may have corrupted the main server. Having god knows what effect on the security system."

"Ideal situation would be to get systems back online to do background checks and those more able bodied , and to run a neural scan on the salarians and asari. Since they are more manageable at that point. Once that is taken care of we can move to find agents amongst the scattered human population."

Lore walks up to the project and strokes a lone human walking along in a corridor.

"Because we are indeed scattered"

Egos on