As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 4-07-10: Logan and Bucky are the new Riggs and Murtaugh

2»

• Options
    KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Moment of the Week: Invincible Returns
    It is time, son. You are needed.

The time for war is upon us.

KyleWPeterson on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    From Luke Cage #1; Luke Cage beats up a mutant hippo.
    2cyb29.jpg
    I also particularly liked this page, not just because it has Cage in his old costume, but also because it's a subtle callback to the fact that, despite being the original Hero for Hire, Cage would often make excuses to avoid taking payment from people that couldn't afford it.

From Doom Patrol #9, which ended the most recent arc, and was probably my favorite issue of the series thus far. The arc's focused on a group of interdimensional repo men attacking the Doom Patrol's base of operations, Oolong Island, in order to reclaim the last remnant of Danny the Street, now known as Danny the Brick, from Crazy Jane, who's secretly been sequestered in Oolong's psych ward.
    Giffen seems to be getting into a good groove now, and doing the humor that he does so well. Case in point, Negative Man's plan to keep Danny the Brick away from the repo men.
    10oodpt.jpg

Later, Danny the Brick secured, he transfers his consciousness into a new vessel.
    r9e7mu.jpg

And on the final page, two surprise guests join the cast.
    f4puyq.jpg

Fuck. Yes.

DC need to get to work on making Ambush Bug their Deadpool.

Munch on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I didn't know that Doom Patrol was making use of the Morrison weirdness again. Apart from that run and the original series from My Greatest Adventure, I've never had much interest in the team.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I really should read Doom Patrol

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I didn't know that Doom Patrol was making use of the Morrison weirdness again. Apart from that run and the original series from My Greatest Adventure, I've never had much interest in the team.

It really just started with this arc. Honestly, for anyone interested in reading, start with issue #7. Everything prior to that was pretty middling, and only redeemed by the existence of the Metal Men back-up.

I wish Giffen hadn't been sucked into the Blackest Night business, because that entire arc was forgettable, and really only served to delay the more interesting stuff he's now started to do. With this arc, he's begun pulling from all the incarnations of the Doom Patrol, bringing back the Animal-Vegetable-Mineral-Man, Danny, Jane, and Thayer Jost, from Arcudi's run on the title.

If the quality continues to climb, I could see Doom Patrol quickly becoming DC's best (and least read) team book.

Munch on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Anything Ambush Bug is must read for me. Time to pick up Doom Patrol (again).

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind