As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

skate 3: witty title under construction

• xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    jammu wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    Didn't the Goons come up with a exploit/hack that let them import images?

That was very short lived. I think it was one evening, then it was taken down.
    Everyone who managed to save stuff on their xbox before that got to keep their real pictures though.

It was actually up for a week or more. I figured it out myself the weekend they patched the hole.

Was the only image I got up there:

customimage.jpg

I intended to do something awesome in the PA style, but while I was in the middle of photoshopping it, they fixed the site.

xzzy on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Some of these spots are pretty damned hard to kill. Trying to get 2250 off the Mini-Mega Redux. Can't seem to get anywhere near 2250 though.

Rizzi on
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Place objects on the ground so you get points for going over them in the air. If you do it right (and get lucky) you'll get bonuses for people and cars as well. Start as far back as you can to get as much speed (and thus air) and vary the types and complexity of tricks in the air.

This is practically the standard advice for all the spots.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I didn't get to upload anything, but I managed to snag this baby, before the loophole was shutdown:

skatehawk.png

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
    edited April 2010
    I found a few cool graphics, but the graphic gallery is really hard to find things in.
    That owl board is fucking awesome..

Rizzi on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dammit... just going through my Dongtown vid on youtube and my skate2 vids... I really wanna play this again.

Any word on a release date for 3 yet?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    UEAKCrash on
  • japhjaph Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    There's a demo for Skate 2, and one for Skat3 soon.

And that demo is coming April 15th!

DEEEEMMMMMOOOOO :mrgreen::mrgreen:

japh on
    edited April 2010
    japh wrote: »
    There's a demo for Skate 2, and one for Skat3 soon.

And that demo is coming April 15th!

DEEEEMMMMMOOOOO :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Holy shit how did I miss that!? Woooottt!

UEAKCrash on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i am highly anticipating this demonstration, oh yeahh

Local H Jay on
  • MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wow, did not expect the demo so soon...

this thread made me want to go see if my skate.reel stuff was still there; it is!

8af888dc1f15351f011f15428d9f00cb-1233012297119.png

8a0088dd1f1570a2011f157b5cfc0111-1233016020220.png

MolotovCockatoo on
    Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That demo better be out the first fucking thing tomorrow.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    Demo's up on Live it seems. Gold only.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Damn work and my need to be here...

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
    edited April 2010
    Damn me wanting to save a few bucks and buying an Xbox without internet capabilites. "Oh, but I almost never use XBL games or demos".

Except Skate. I played Skate 2 demo more than I played some of my full purchased games.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Maybe it's me, but I'm finding the controls to be very wonky and unresponsive compared to at least the first Skate.

Halfmex on
    edited April 2010
    I like the option to pull the camera back. Less frustrating that way.

Rizzi on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »

oh man, i think you just sold me on skate 3

i was already pretty sold just sayin

Ah_Pook on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Ditto, that is a very nice option. I'd kill to have that in the original Skate.

Halfmex on
    edited April 2010
    That option was also there in 2.

About 3, demo area is not very exciting, but there's a bunch of features that I really wanted that are in there, so I'm still as stoked as I was before I tried the demo. Which is a lot. Hardcore mode, underflips, dark-catching. Awesomeness all around. Anybody find anything else that's new?

edit: you can also pull all the way down on a manual and actually stop. That always bothered me before. There was no actual balancing in manuals.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    i LOVE the item dropper, wish they'd given us more to mess with.
    having trouble hitting that rail? BOOM! RAMP ACTIVATED

also darkslides are fun to do so i did a lot of them so far.

Local H Jay on
    edited April 2010
    The darkslides are pretty neat to see.

Rizzi on
    edited April 2010
    i LOVE the item dropper, wish they'd given us more to mess with.
    having trouble hitting that rail? BOOM! RAMP ACTIVATED

That one and faster running are the big ones for me. Everything else is icing.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    I really hope longboards make an appearance at some point. I don't expect it in the demo, but it'd be nice for the races. I wouldn't imagine it would be every difficult to make in the game, just a new board model, tweak the top speed and the handling. Boom, happy Crash.

edit: although the tricks would throw things off, I suppose.

UEAKCrash on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I didn't know Jason Lee was in this one!

this game is so much better now

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    edited April 2010
    I, personally, wouldn't like a longboard addition. A least a mandantory one. But then again, I don't like the races. It's the same reason I wouldn't like a full-on flatland system added. Maintaining focus purely on modern streetskating will allow them to polish the core mechanics with each iteration rather than a jack of all trades scenario.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, you can do some neat shit with under flips and dark catches. You can link under flips to shove-its and flip tricks to dark catches to shove its (middle trick). Both of which look awesome.

TwistedJester on
    edited April 2010
    So has anyone played online yet?

Just did a little mini-session. Kinda cool in that it was 3 vs 3, did a whole show-/throw-down first with each team (kinda like the GvR intro in 2, "Team Red" "vs" "Team Blue") before going on to do some random challenges like:
    First team to have everyone grind 6 benches
    First team to reach a target score (grinding the railing on the stairs)
    And the one that required the most team work, sync-tricking. Everyone pull off a trick close to each other (for us it was down a stair set, someone on the ends and up the middle) and no one can bail.

I also like that there's more editing options. Like for the pictures.

Dammit, why do I have to be broke right now....

EDIT: Only problem I've had so far is jumping off the tower and bailing into stuff. I can't seem to get enough air/distance to hit the soda machine.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Local H Jay on
    edited April 2010

Just did a little mini-session. Kinda cool in that it was 3 vs 3, did a whole show-/throw-down first with each team (kinda like the GvR intro in 2, "Team Red" "vs" "Team Blue") before going on to do some random challenges like:
    And the one that required the most team work, sync-tricking. Everyone pull off a trick close to each other (for us it was down a stair set, someone on the ends and up the middle) and no one can bail.

EDIT: Only problem I've had so far is jumping off the tower and bailing into stuff. I can't seem to get enough air/distance to hit the soda machine.

I only hit the soda machine by turning easy mode on. You opush off much faster that way. But there's no reward to completing that objective. I was a little dissappointed.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just played online with...nobody. I guess the other team never loaded, but I ended up being alone and dominating an empty lot. And then I fell off a ledge into a spot that is within the demo limits but if I move anywhere I'm out of bounds so I had to reset.

Btw, still fucking terrible at this game. Terrible at that trick where you flick one way then the other way quickly to catch the board.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I was playing on Classic mode and is it just me or does it feel like you don't move as fast at top speed.

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I forget how much skate.ea.com hates me in the UK. I just made my design, saved and uploaded it to the gallery, but I'll be damned if I can get anywhere near anything that might let me put it in my game. How the hell do you do this again?

edit: wait, maybe I've just figured it out.. we'll find out when I fire up the xbox later.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Visti wrote: »

I only hit the soda machine by turning easy mode on. You opush off much faster that way. But there's no reward to completing that objective. I was a little dissappointed.
    The way I handled it on normal was to get as close to it as possible by gliding towards it, and then right before you hit the ground, do the cannonball. If you're close enough, you'll roll/bounce into the machine.

YardGnome on
    edited April 2010
    YardGnome wrote: »
    Visti wrote: »

The way I handled it on normal was to get as close to it as possible by gliding towards it, and then right before you hit the ground, do the cannonball. If you're close enough, you'll roll/bounce into the machine.

Yeah, I've been doing similar things with the other targets (spread eagle to get distance, the quickly get into the correct shape before impact), but I was trying to get the "Killed it" marker which means Judo Kick the machine (cannon ball first dumpster, eagle the bike rack, torpedo the other two dumpsters.

I need to get me some money so I can get this.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So wait. Is there flatland? If there is, damned if I know how to do it.

projectmayhem on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I just played the Skate 3 demo

There is a high camera!

Jason Lee is your instructor!

This is what I want!

UnbreakableVow on
    edited April 2010
    So wait. Is there flatland? If there is, damned if I know how to do it.

From the trick book, looks like the only flatland is still manual/nose manual.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited April 2010
    Okay, is it just me or is there not also a high camera in 2? I'm like 90% sure there is, they just don't ask you. It's in the options.

Also, re: the hitting the soda machine. Using LT, you can kick of while bailing, which means that if you don't it in a cannonball in a sitting position, you'll go really far.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hitting the vending machine is a lot easier if you use the spread-eagle pose (down with the right stick after bailing). You can glide for miles with that.

edit: also, KAPOW!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png