As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Belated moment of the week thread, 4-18-07

TehChowdTehChowd Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Graphic Violence
Just picked up my comics for the week, and, uh, man, did anyone else read Invincible #40?
Rough day for Dupli-Kate, huh? Also, Rex Splode exploding that Iguana lady from the vagina up was hilariously rad too. Seriously though, the whole issue was action-packed with goodness. Also, Walker's art is painfully good. The sequid/astronaut looked really, really badass, especially in that panel where he's kind of rising up on a funnel of sequids.

Also, one again, X-factor was wonderful. Every week, I think about dropping the book, because I'm poor and nothing is really happening in it. But then I read it, and David rocks my face and pea brain with great character work and sub-plots with Multiple Man. Also, the Layla Miller gimick has yet to get old with me.
"Oooh, pastrami!" Also, it was neat to see a deflated and depowered blob, all saggy and the whatnot.

TehChowd on

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Mighty Avengers #2

When Ares is all
    "Dude, I could totallly fuckin' hit that." in reference to Janet.

Edit: Also, Mr. McSwiggin's newstand is taken out. What is it with Cho and McSwiggin?

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    JLA: Han Shot first

52: "I Thought you were dead!"

Bloods End on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    thatssomegoodsex.jpg

Garlic Bread on
    edited April 2007
    HA! Oh God Keith I need whatever the fuck that is right now. He said Babs so I'm going to assume that's Nightwing.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    yeah, it's from the nightwing annual

Garlic Bread on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah that Nightwing Annual was full of that humor.

Algertman on
    edited April 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    robinhasaboner.jpg

right now, andreyko is the only one other than Chuck Dixon that I will accept to write Nightwing

oh, and Gail Simone

wolfman isn't bad, but his dialogue is dated

Garlic Bread on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wait.

I thought the whole point of leotard was to prevent those kind of things.

Bloods End on
    edited April 2007
    It even explains the costume and banana hammock

he says that it's so people think he's just some goofy kid and they'll underestimate him, giving him an element of surprise

Garlic Bread on
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I only managed to get New Avengers #29 this Wednesday, so I guess this counts.
    Dr. Strange taking out the Mighty Avengers by himself and Iron Man's meeting with Danny were both excellent.

One Thousand Cables on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I only managed to get New Avengers #29 this Wednesday, so I guess this counts.
    Dr. Strange taking out the Mighty Avengers by himself and Iron Man's meeting with Danny were both excellent.

Dear lord.

mattharvest on
    edited April 2007
    The answer is no. No you can't. No.
    And god knows you really want to.

Calamity Jane on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    robinhasaboner.jpg

right now, andreyko is the only one other than Chuck Dixon that I will accept to write Nightwing

oh, and Gail Simone

Wait, is this from the Nightwing annual as well?

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Heatwave wrote: »
    robinhasaboner.jpg

oh, and Gail Simone

Wait, is this from the Nightwing annual as well?

Yep. Buy it.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    From Cable & Deadpool 39
    cabledeadpoolkryptoniawsj2.jpg

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man

this thread is making me want to start reading Nightwing.

Would right now be a good time to jump on because fuck.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, how do you have X-Factor as you MotW and not have this panel?
    x18.png

Cosmic Sombrero on
    edited April 2007
    Hahahaha

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    From Cable & Deadpool 39

Honestly, I didn't really understand what happened here.......

Sharp101 on
    edited April 2007
    Man

No

For one thing, it's in the middle of a story arc

For the other thing, it's written by Marv Wolfman and it's not nearly as good as the annual

Garlic Bread on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    From Cable & Deadpool 39

You need to see that panel immediately after the preceding panel. The joke is that Deadpool takes no time at all to make his decision.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I really liked Cable & Deadpool, although man, by this point they should just drop the cable out of the title(which would be fine by me) I remember dropping the book a few months back cause it wasn't as funny as Simone's run, but Niecza has won me back, and actually has managed to bring a bit of seriousness to Deadpool.

noir_blood on
    edited April 2007
    I thought it was kind of weird that Outlaw has become so useless since Agent X. Also, where's Taskmaster when his unrequited love is in danger?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Uh, yeah, isolated, that frame doesn't make much sense

But after pages and pages and pages of T Ray being such a fucking prick (not to mention Deadpool being branded as an incompetent moron by his former employers for like a billion issues), it made it all worth it

The asshole can get things done

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Cable and Deadpool:
    CableDeadpoolKryptoniaWezz39-20.jpg

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Uh, yeah, isolated, that frame doesn't make much sense

But after pages and pages and pages of T Ray being such a fucking prick (not to mention Deadpool being branded as an incompetent moron by his former employers for like a billion issues), it made it all worth it

The asshole can get things done

That is what has been great about this arc, it's all about showing that Deadpool is in fact really good when he's serious about it, and that he has his own identify again after palling around with Cable. That's why I think it's even more meaningful that
    he's apparently headed back to Providence to help out Cable with Hecatomb.

To a certain degree it's reminding me of the Mithras arc in the original series, where Deadpool had been living up to someone elses expectations of himself and ended up failling, only to come back later after figuring his shit out and being who he really is and getting the job done well.

Maybe that only makes sense to me, but I like where he's been heading lately.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Man

No

For one thing, it's in the middle of a story arc

For the other thing, it's written by Marv Wolfman and it's not nearly as good as the annual

So I'm just buying the annual then?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cable and Deadpool:

That is pure WIN.

Crimsondude on
    edited April 2007
    That one's mine

angryface

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
    edited April 2007
    It would have been my moment of the week, too Deemer.

But I also bought and read New Frontier for the first time and goddamn like every moment was a best moment.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I thought it was kind of weird that Outlaw has become so useless since Agent X. Also, where's Taskmaster when his unrequited love is in danger?

It wasn't unrequited. At the end of Agent X, Sandi and TM started going out. However, I think TM is off somewhere supervillaining in the costume that makes him look like a colorblind zombie pirate as opposed to kicking ass in his mercenary costume.

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cable & Deadpool... because it's looking like Bob, Agent of HYDRA is becoming a recurring character, and that's fucking funny.

Also, 52 - Buddy!!!!

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ghost Rider turned up in Scans Daily.
    Save0429.jpg

Synthetic Orange on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

It seems like no one remembers that she has superpowers.

Scooter on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    From Cable & Deadpool 39

You need to see that panel immediately after the preceding panel. The joke is that Deadpool takes no time at all to make his decision.

OH, ok, I get it. I read the issue, didn't get it at first.

Maybe if the Sword was a little farther into dude's head I would have gotten it sooner.

but yeah, makes sense now that someone explained it.... lol

Sharp101 on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    From Cable & Deadpool 39

OH, ok, I get it. I read the issue, didn't get it at first.

Maybe if the Sword was a little farther into dude's head I would have gotten it sooner.

but yeah, makes sense now that someone explained it.... lol

The real problem is that there's no sense of action in any of the characters' bodies. It's a funny scene as written, but the artist screwed up. Properly drawn, it would show both (a) Deadpool's utter lack of consideration (by showing that he was deep into his throw-pose) and (b) his victim's utter lack of foresight (by showing how off-guard he was caught by a SWORD PLUNGING INTO HIS SKULL).

mattharvest on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The lack of any sort of motion indication on the sword, or on Deadpool's hand doing the followthrough also made me wonder if there was some telekinetic power holding it in place of something when I first saw it.

Anyway, is there an image of the next page up anywhere?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rociel wrote: »

It wasn't unrequited. At the end of Agent X, Sandi and TM started going out. However, I think TM is off somewhere supervillaining in the costume that makes him look like a colorblind zombie pirate as opposed to kicking ass in his mercenary costume.

Wait, I thought Sandi ended up with Alex? And that Ghost Rider scan is great. Anyone know if the comic continues the good?

noir_blood on
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The lack of any sort of motion indication on the sword, or on Deadpool's hand doing the followthrough also made me wonder if there was some telekinetic power holding it in place of something when I first saw it.

Anyway, is there an image of the next page up anywhere?

Yeah, but it isn't that interesting.

Cosmic Sombrero on
    edited April 2007
    Man, the lack of motion is supposed to be there. It shows how little time passes between the two panels.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg