As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Street Fighter (IV/HDR): Fourteen days left! That's less than...336 hours!

• TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Sagat is basically just a character that design wise almost can't be a bad character. His tool set is insane.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    your crossups against bison are deadly, but what do you do when someone plays a shoto or similar and autocorrects DPs against crossups?

Doesn't a properly timed crossup beat out a DP?

You should time it early enough so the DP doesn't autocorrect, but late enough so that it crosses up.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    your crossups against bison are deadly, but what do you do when someone plays a shoto or similar and autocorrects DPs against crossups?

Doesn't a properly timed crossup beat out a DP?

You should time it early enough so the DP doesn't autocorrect, but late enough so that it crosses up.

i'm probably just terrible at crossing up, but I have some trouble getting shotos with it, and i've been told by some people i've played when i was very crossup-happy that i should be careful, since i would get punished for it by a really solid shoto

Evil Multifarious on
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arde wrote: »
    Guys, guys, you remember the jubilation that was of Sagat getting nerfed in Super?

Well, that's kinda true and kinda not true at the same time.

Sagat's not dumb anymore getting off easy from tons of health and tons of damage from simple stupid moves, but let's just say Capcom didn't exactly nerf him...
    Got some info from French players who got to play the game early, and it's not pretty...

Sagat can combo into sweep. EX Tiger Shot into U2 works fullscreen. EX Tiger Knee combos into U2, and CH HK xx Angry Scar into Ultra works. Like Alioune said,they made close HK special cancellable, lol.
    Sagat is a combo machine, equal to Akuma now.
    And yes, you read that right, st.HK can now be cancelled so Gief and Honda mainers might want to get some tissues for the future rapings by Sagat.

In summary, Capcom nerfed Sagat so that dumb players will move away from Sagat, and buffed Sagat so that great players will continue maining him.

I can't remember who said it (might have been Seth), but there was an interview where the guy from capcom basically said "yeah, we're nerfing him a bit, but the silly goose is still a 7 foot tall thai warrior. He's supposed to be a beast." Which I agree with.

Kris on
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Capcom is probably trolling us.

2 weeks after release, they'll say "Hey look! We figured out this patching thing. SSFIV v.1.1 God tier Sagat is back!"

blaze_zero on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kris wrote: »
    Guys, guys, you remember the jubilation that was of Sagat getting nerfed in Super?

Sagat's not dumb anymore getting off easy from tons of health and tons of damage from simple stupid moves, but let's just say Capcom didn't exactly nerf him...
    Got some info from French players who got to play the game early, and it's not pretty...

Sagat can combo into sweep. EX Tiger Shot into U2 works fullscreen. EX Tiger Knee combos into U2, and CH HK xx Angry Scar into Ultra works. Like Alioune said,they made close HK special cancellable, lol.
    And yes, you read that right, st.HK can now be cancelled so Gief and Honda mainers might want to get some tissues for the future rapings by Sagat.

In summary, Capcom nerfed Sagat so that dumb players will move away from Sagat, and buffed Sagat so that great players will continue maining him.

I can't remember who said it (might have been Seth), but there was an interview where the guy from capcom basically said "yeah, we're nerfing him a bit, but the silly goose is still a 7 foot tall thai warrior. He's supposed to be a beast." Which I agree with.

And Seth is a 7-foot-tall bio engineered weapon of mass destruction with the skills of the most powerful warriors and a god damn ying yang ball in his stomach.

Guess who's higher tier!

BlueDestiny on
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Kris wrote: »

And Seth is a 7-foot-tall bio engineered weapon of mass destruction with the skills of the most powerful warriors and a god damn ying yang ball in his stomach.

Guess who's higher tier!

Yeah, but... he looks stupid. 8-)

Kris on
  • MiserydaysMiserydays Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Well for the 2nd night back playing SF4 after an absences of several months that was really fun. Thanks to all the PA guys I played even if it was mostly just me getting stomped into the ground.

Miserydays on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The thing that really bugs me with Sagat is his insane health and damage. I brought up Seth because he's really fair: In exchange for all his tools he dies if you sneeze on him and it takes a lot of effort on his part to get a KO.

BlueDestiny on
  • WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I think they gave Seth such low health is because they all knew we would eventually want brutal brutal revenge on him after playing arcade mode.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Miserydays wrote: »
    Well for the 2nd night back playing SF4 after an absences of several months that was really fun. Thanks to all the PA guys I played even if it was mostly just me getting stomped into the ground.

Hey now, don't sell yourself short.

I seem to recall the final record of our games being 9-10.

Taramoor on
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    It's like there's no fuel in the hype train right now.

blaze_zero on
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i'm probably just terrible at crossing up, but I have some trouble getting shotos with it, and i've been told by some people i've played when i was very crossup-happy that i should be careful, since i would get punished for it by a really solid shoto

Properly timed cross ups will beat shotos. I love fighting shotos, because every single one tries to dp and gets raped by the jumping hk. Rarely, I'll get hit with a dp, but I always blame myself if I do.

The only ones I have to use j.mk to avoid getting raped are Guile and it seems to work better against Honda as well (although I can still hit him with j.hk, st.hk a lot too).

As you saw, I use both, though. All depends where I am and the angle I'm coming in at if I use j.hk or j.mk to cross.

They were fun fights. I'll always click Ready until I either have to go or the other guy quits (unless he's horrible). You weren't bad, it was fun seeing how you'd try and adapt and to adapt to that adaptation, etc.

I don't know if I showed you anything, hope I did.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wishpig wrote: »
    I think they gave Seth such low health is because they all knew we would eventually want brutal brutal revenge on him after playing arcade mode.

It was the only way to keep him from being completely broken. If they gave him even 1000 health, he'd be in the top three. If they didn't nerf his damage, he'd be above zangief lag tier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua4ARmhV7ws

stigweard on
  • SlayerVinSlayerVin Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Arggghh fuck.... I just remembered I'm traveling for work when SSF4 gets released. Noooooooo

I think it's only 2 or 3 days, but goddammit...

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Wishpig wrote: »

Seth is so fun to use. But it's so depressing mixing up your opponent 3-4 times in a row... only to guess wrong once and eat an reversal/ultra for almost all of your health.

He is a complete bastard to play against though.

solsovly on
    edited April 2010
    That's the case for all of the high work characters(Viper,Seth, ElF). You land 3-5 solid combos and need that last one to win and get caught by a combo and a half from Sagat or Rufus after you were dominating the round and die. I hope Ibuki isn't quite in that place.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    blaze_zero wrote: »

There's only one thing that has stopped me from forking out the $3.35 per gallon for my hypemobile, and that is the realization that I have procrastinated heavily on completing my backlog. Seriously, it has now become a nightmare. Here's my log:

Resonance of Fate
    Jeanne d'Arc
    Disgaea
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    Jade Empire
    BlazBlue Portable
    Just Cause 2
    Bioshock 2
    Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
    Phantasy Star Portable

I won't feel bad if I don't finish BlazBlue, Disgaea, MHFU, or Bioshock 2 (don't even remember what happened in the first). I can probably put off Jade Empire too, because it's been out for 5 fucking years.

Resonance of Fate isn't the action-packed gun-orgy I thought it would be, but it ended up being insanely fucking fun, so I have to finish it.

Jeanne d'Arc is keeping me hooked with a story about Joan of Arc that is actually good (sorry Milla Jovovich. You're fucking hot, but it just didn't work out in The Messenger).

Just Cause 2 is just plain funny. I mean, I'm not sure if they wanted the dialog to be cheesy funny, but it is. With mods, it's a lot more fun.

DAO:A is Bioware, nuff said.

PSP is just me hoping that Phantasy Star can be as good as PSO was 10 years ago...

Morvidus on
  • SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My backlog has gotten kinda bad too. I should probably join that backlog thread.

Probably won't be able to even start to clear it out until Summer.
    PS3
    Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Beyond Good and Evil (Ps2)
    God of War 3
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Assassin's Creed II
    Battlefield Bad Company 2

Xbox 360
    Splosion Man
    Shadow Complex

Wii
    Super Mario Galaxy

PC
    Mass Effect 2
    Left 4 Dead 2

But i still have SSFIV pre-ordered with release day shipping!

EDIT: That Seth vs Ryu match was great

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My backlog is ... ugh. Let's just say I've had to purposely avoid reading the steam deals. The only game I really want to finish is DAO:A, but by the time I have a chance to really play it again SSFIV will be out. So it probably wont get done for a good while.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I haven't finished demon's souls, okami, persona 4, odin sphere, zone of the enders 2, MGS3, and I recently started Vampire: The masquerade: bloodlines and Stalker SOC.

Herp derp.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010

Because it's been a while since they really laid down any new, groundbreaking information. They busted their load too early. It seems (to me at least) like the hype was realllllly high just before PAX (and right after I got some hands on experience). They were just revealing Hakan, so there was new buzz. We were getting a lot of information about the new characters that we didn't have before. Now we basically know everything except for some of the tricks involved with most characters.

Just give us the god damn game already.

ChaosHat on
    edited April 2010
    My backlog is pretty horrific to the point where I avoid keeping track of it when possible. The fact it includes Dragon Age, FF13, and Mass Effect 2 makes it pretty daunting.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • SakeidoSakeido Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Miserydays wrote: »

Hey now, don't sell yourself short.

I seem to recall the final record of our games being 9-10.

I was wondering where I knew that GT from
    I played your Gen in championship a few weeks back.. its the only time I've ever been able to Falling Sky somebody post-KO. It looked so cool! :lol:

Sakeido on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    ChaosHat wrote: »

Because it's been a while since they really laid down any new, groundbreaking information. They busted their load too early. It seems (to me at least) like the hype was realllllly high just before PAX (and right after I got some hands on experience). They were just revealing Hakan, so there was new buzz. We were getting a lot of information about the new characters that we didn't have before. Now we basically know everything except for some of the tricks involved with most characters.

The hype reached such a fever pitch that its actually turning into hate now. A few weeks ago I was all "That's looks awesome! I can't wait for Super to come out!" Now it's "I'm fucking tired of IV not being Super. The game is done Capcom, why the hell am I not playing Super right fucking now?"

Of course, I'll go back to being an over exited school girl as soon as I've actually got SSFIV in my hands but until then I'm actually kinda bitter about the whole thing.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • SnareSnare Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fighting games have totally destroyed any single player for me. As soon as I get stuck I just eject disc and 'Oh hi Street Fighter/BlazBlue' and that's it for the evening.

Snare on
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Which is why this downtime is excellent for working through the backlog.

Unless you started new games too.

*sigh*

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
    edited April 2010
    I was thinking last night while giving halo 2 the send off that I could likely finish ODST, Assassins Creed 2, Uncharted 2, and Borderlands in the next week since I am nearly finished all of them... But I get home and end up reading about SSF4 or watching tv knowing full well those games are doomed for months if I don't get em out of the way now.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    You must finish Uncharted 2. Best game put out last year.

Valiantheart on
    PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I still need to finish Uncharted 2 as well. I think I'm only like an hour *maybe* an hour and a half away from the end. Currently working on Persona 4 though. My PS2 has been making some funny noises lately so I need to get my PS2 backlog cleared before my disc drive dies on me for good.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Just to remind people, I am still accepting friends list revisions as noted in the OP. If you need me to update something (games, gamertags, systems, etc), just send me a PM with what needs updating.

ChaosHat on
  • aBlankaBlank Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I've been trying to grind my way through Bioshock 2. I think I'm near the end but meh... game doesn't hook me the same way the first did.

I've also bought FF13, installed it to my harddrive (all 3 discs) and haven't touched it since.

aBlank on
  • adamconroyadamconroy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Fig-D wrote: »
    ChaosHat wrote: »

The hype reached such a fever pitch that its actually turning into hate now. A few weeks ago I was all "That's looks awesome! I can't wait for Super to come out!" Now it's "I'm fucking tired of IV not being Super. The game is done Capcom, why the hell am I not playing Super right fucking now?"

Of course, I'll go back to being an over exited school girl as soon as I've actually got SSFIV in my hands but until then I'm actually kinda bitter about the whole thing.

I feel ya man. Luckily this gives me 2 weeks still to polish the game while everyone else is just waiting for Super so I can come out strong. :)

adamconroy on
    edited April 2010
    The only games I can think of right now that I have in backlog that I actually kinda want to finish are Etrian Odyssey (20th floor) and Persona 4 (middle of June).

Street Fighter (any flavor really), Starcraft 2 beta, and Infinite Space are all making sure that I don't bother clearing out a backlog so I haven't bought any new console games since I crushed Bayonetta. Having at least one good multiplayer game and one DS rpg seems to be all I need to be happy these days.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!
  • shadydentistshadydentist Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I am beating pokemon heartgold before super releases.

shadydentist on
    Steam & GT
    steam_sig.png
    GT: Tanky the Tank
    Black: 1377 6749 7425
  • Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    All the cool kids are playing Splinter Cell Conviction until this comes out. IE ChaosHat and myself.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
    edited April 2010
    Nick T wrote: »
    All the cool kids are playing Splinter Cell Conviction until this comes out. IE ChaosHat and myself.

Meh, watched ChaosHat play it for 10 minutes at PAX. Looked cute but not worth $$ to me.

Also feels really fucking weird calling Mike by his handle.

adamconroy on
  • SeanronSeanron GlasgowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm getting SC: C to tide me over :) And I'm still powwering through God of War III, which is just awesome! Plus I'm always, always, ALWAYS on Wipeout HD and Halo 3, so my time is booked till SSFIV :)

Seanron on
    PSN: Seanron - XBL: Seanron - Steam: Seanron
    edited April 2010
    Seanron wrote: »
    I'm getting SC: C to tide me over :) And I'm still powwering through God of War III, which is just awesome! Plus I'm always, always, ALWAYS on Wipeout HD and Halo 3, so my time is booked till SSFIV :)

I was going to shit on you for naming games that I hate (GoW, Halo) but I can't be angry at a fellow SYL fan! <3

adamconroy on
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, I've been meaning to comment on your sig for a while Seanron. Great album, great song, great band.

SlayerVin on
    BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS!