As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bring the Darkest of the Hillside Thickets to PAX 2010

ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
edited April 2010 in PAX Archive
Hi all!

Since the PA folks are likely deciding on bands as you read this, I thought I'd make a suggestion...

The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets!

img_0132.jpg
image source

About the Darkest of the Hillside Thickets (from their website)
The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets is a rock band that is dedicated to promoting the literature of H.P. Lovecraft, who wrote of lost cities, tainted geneology, alien gods, and that fabled tome, The Necronomicon. The Thickets haven’t been able to get ahold of the ancient spellbook, but they’ve got their own brand of corruption. They’re on a Lovecraft binge of madness, and they mean to take you with them. The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets have a reputation for entrancing and inciting their live audiences with their melodic blend of energetic punk and rock, while wearing graphic costumes that help bring their good-naturedly macabre songs to life. Their latest project is “The Shadow Out of Tim” concept album, a reimagining of Lovecraft’s short story “The Shadow Out of Time.”

Why the Thickets, you ask?

They were FANTASTIC at PAX 2008
From their energetic concert to their inclusion in Rockband's PAX08 Pack, the Thickets know how to do PAX right!
PAX08 - Colour Me Green

They contributed to the Child's Play CD!
"The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets' "Kill the Chupacabra" is a high-energy tune that will probably have hospital nurses cursing the track, as kids will be jumping out of their hospital beds to rock along.
Dale North - Destructoid

They can be heard in Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 2!
With their song "Some Things Man Was Not Meant to Know" playing during the credits, the Penny Arcade tie-ins keep coming!

They wear crazy costumes!
My personal favourite being giant puzzle pieces.
Cthulupalooza - Math Song

And, last but definitely not least...
CTHULU WILL BE UPSET IF YOU DON'T SIGN THIS
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

I encourage you to sign if you want to see the Thickets at PAX 2010!

ACC3SS on

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Pretty sure the bands are all but decided... plus online petitions dont really do shit :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2010
    These threads have the tendency to turn to shit. I understand you want your favorite band at PAX. After PAX, post in the suggestion thread. PA reads all the post in that thread, and it will be early enough for it to be possible.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.