As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Spring/Summer Edition

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I might want to attend the LAN party, but it's been like ten years. What do people even play these days?

Probably the only networked game I play anymore is Urban Terror.

A lot of TF2 usually goes on. Im sure we will try and get some Bad Company 2 in as well, maybe a couple RTS'es

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    you know whats REALLY cool?
    being under 21. its TOTALLY awesome, you guys dont know what you are /missing/ out on

s7arbuck on
  • ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    s7arbuck wrote: »
    being under 21. its TOTALLY awesome, you guys dont know what you are /missing/ out on

Hey man/lady, I know what it was like, after all I was <21 up until this past December... Dont worry, even though alcohol is awesome, and makes parties that much more enjoyable (IN MODERATION, KIDS!), and tastes amazing and makes you feel good in ways not even a woman could (Whether you be male or female, giggity), its not all it's cracked up to b- AH FUCK IT, yeah it is.

But have no fear; When you hit that ripe age of 21, you too can experience it. I mean, *I* drank under 21, (AND I DONT CONDONE IT, CHITLINS!), so what's stopping you?

Just dont be asking for boozahol at BigRed's haethaus parties. He'll make you disappear. Ive seen it happen.

---

I didnt sleep for a month.

Shaddz on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    You can find me on:
    Twitter.com: @Shaddz
    Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
    http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
  • BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    You have to choose that fucking weekend don't you? My mom's getting married that Saturday, so I'm out. Unless somebody has a cloning machine, of course.

And I was excited for this too... And even moar excited when I saw the post... Damn you Red! :P
    Hey, my cousin is getting married on Saturday May 1st too. o_O

I would go but the wedding is in the opposite direction of Seattle from where I live; bummer. D: Maybe next time.

BBQ sounds nice though.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Dr. TrevorkianDr. Trevorkian Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    I might want to attend the LAN party, but it's been like ten years. What do people even play these days?

A lot of TF2 usually goes on. Im sure we will try and get some Bad Company 2 in as well, maybe a couple RTS'es
    Thanks!

Old gamer is old. I don't buy many new titles anymore. That said, I might be up for some TF2. It's a slick-looking game and I've probably put off trying it long enough.

My current RTS collection consists solely of Star/Warcraft and Total War titles, for what it's worth.

Maybe I'll just go to hang out and bring my laptop on the off chance there's a compatible game going, if that's cool.

Dr. Trevorkian on
  • neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd be willing to organize a California LAN for sometime over the summer, if others were so interested. I'm pretty centrally located in Monterey, CA, and have an in at the Marriott (2nd nicest hotel in town) for at least a conference room.

Anyone's curiosity piqued?

Yes.
    You should make a thread :-P

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Shaddz wrote: »

Hey man/lady, I know what it was like, after all I was <21 up until this past December... Dont worry, even though alcohol is awesome, and makes parties that much more enjoyable (IN MODERATION, KIDS!), and tastes amazing and makes you feel good in ways not even a woman could (Whether you be male or female, giggity), its not all it's cracked up to b- AH FUCK IT, yeah it is.

But have no fear; When you hit that ripe age of 21, you too can experience it. I mean, *I* drank under 21, (AND I DONT CONDONE IT, CHITLINS!), so what's stopping you?

Just dont be asking for boozahol at BigRed's haethaus parties. He'll make you disappear. Ive seen it happen.

---

the thing is 21 and up only. thats all i was stating. its all good, ill have my time one day. we'll see

s7arbuck on
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys.
    So my friend and I have a video production class we are currently taking, and one of our final projects worth a laaarge hunk of our grade is a music video.
    We decided that we were going to be as original as possible, so we decided to use Trololo as our music.
    I'm trying to find as many people as humanly possible to help me with this endevor, so I would appreciate it if you guys could take random footage of you Trololo'ing in hilariously inappropriate places (on roofs of houses, etc), followed by a large meetup this Saturday (April 17th) in front of the Space Needle to halp me have a massive yodel session.
    You guys should totally halp me out.
    ~SpawnOfCthulhu/Snifit

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Shaddz wrote: »

---

the thing is 21 and up only. thats all i was stating. its all good, ill have my time one day. we'll see

S7arbuck, I'm going to call you Manlady from now on.

Shaddz, the hatehaus is a 21+ establishment. Manlady can't go there to ask for boozes yet.

Manlady, going to have any more of those crazy college parties anytime soon? I would like to come again and leave just before stuff gets silly.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Can we pleeeeease play some L4D2 this time???? I *still* haven't played through the whole game yet!

MetaverseNomad on
    edited April 2010
    Uh there was a *Fuckton* of l4d2 last Lan (lots of vs and campaign)

You were just gone for half of the event :P not our fault you missed most of it

BigRed on
    edited April 2010
    Uh there was a *Fuckton* of l4d2 last Lan (lots of vs and campaign)

You were just gone for half of the event :P not our fault you missed most of it

oh, ok, well damnit. I suck. ...oh wait I remember, i had to go to dinner. Well I won't make that mistake again!

MetaverseNomad on
    edited April 2010
    S7arbuck, I just wanna say, Im sorry for starting any Manlady thing...

Please dont hate me. I was a little inebriated myself when I posted that...

Shaddz on
    You can find me on:

• Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm interested in attending, though I am in California. I will look into the costs of a train ride there. Also is there anywhere to crash? Since paying for a hotel would make this trip more expensive than necessary I think.

I'd be willing to organize a California LAN for sometime over the summer, if others were so interested. I'm pretty centrally located in Monterey, CA, and have an in at the Marriott (2nd nicest hotel in town) for at least a conference room.

Anyone's curiosity piqued?

Like I said, I am form Cali, so I am definitely down to attend a more local LAN event.

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
    edited April 2010
    you can crash here for the LAN itself

BigRed on
  • Vaulter85Vaulter85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    you can crash here for the LAN itself

Sweet. I'll let you know soon if I will be making the LAN BigRed.

Vaulter85 on
    Team Charmander Brofessional
  • Kilo147Kilo147 Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Darc wrote: »
    So, I have a problem: I can't get to the HaetHausLAN in April because I have no transportation. Is there anyone attending that would be able to give me a ride? I live on the east side (Kirkland/Kingsgate area)? Toss me a PM on the forums if you can. Monies for gas are available!

I'm in the same boat. I definitely want to attend to BBQ, last time I was at Golden Gardens, it was a few years ago with some Goons, great times were had by all. The LAN party sounds interesting, although my only computer right now is a crappy laptop thanks to a cat. Keep us updated, this sounds like a blast!

Kilo147 on
    enforceruserbarprime.png
    PAX '04
    PAX '11

Tango down, Kilo147 out.
    edited April 2010
    If anybody is going to travel from out of state for this, I have my 2 spare gaming machines that are free for use.
    Idea for a cheap vacation since you can crash at haethaus for a few days if needed :)

This offer is still open if anybody wants to drive/fly from far away to come to this :)

BigRed on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    If you plan another LAN for June or July I will very much take you up on that offer!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    edited April 2010
    HAY YOUS LAN GUISE

4522433138_65a23ab5b5.jpg

Beer in kegerator is no longer TBD :D

BigRed on
    edited April 2010
    HAY YOUS LAN GUISE

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be the Great LAN, and all will speak its name in reverence.

MetaverseNomad on
  • ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Is this the beer you spoke of when I talked to you in BYOC?

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
    edited April 2010
    I spoke of lots of beers :P

BigRed on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    HAY YOUS LAN GUISE

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be the Great LAN, and all will speak its name in reverence.

*Fantastic* choice. One of my favorites.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited April 2010
    beta_angel wrote: »
    HAY YOUS LAN GUISE

*Fantastic* choice. One of my favorites.

Why are you not coming to the LAN then? :P

BigRed on
    edited April 2010
    Damnit, you guys! Stop quoting that picture! I keep looking at it and getting pissed that the LAN isn't this weekend!!! *anticipation!!!*

MetaverseNomad on
    edited April 2010
    When I tap that tonight (had to give it a day to settle and cool down to temp), im going to text you and say how delicious the beer is.

BigRed on
    edited April 2010
    When I tap that tonight (had to give it a day to settle and cool down to temp), im going to text you and say how delicious the beer is.

Yeah, I'd tap that too...

Shaddz on
    You can find me on:

edited April 2010

Nomad...you mean this picture? We shouldn't quote this picture anymore?
    Why are you not coming to the LAN then? :P

Cause I am the suck. :(

I, also, do not own any form of 'puter for which with to LAN.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited April 2010
    So I take it that you dont have a steam account that has at least TF2 on it?

BigRed on
    edited April 2010
    beta_angel: Keep watching this thread.... I have 2 spare gaming machines available. I offered them to people who might want to travel from out of state or a super long distance use of them. If nobody commits by like mid next week im going to offer them for use by those who dont have gaming machines if you are interested.

BigRed on
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys.
    So my friend and I have a video production class we are currently taking, and one of our final projects worth a laaarge hunk of our grade is a music video.
    We decided that we were going to be as original as possible, so we decided to use Trololo as our music.
    I'm trying to find as many people as humanly possible to help me with this endevor, so I would appreciate it if you guys could take random footage of you Trololo'ing in hilariously inappropriate places (on roofs of houses, etc), followed by a large meetup this Saturday (April 17th) in front of the Space Needle to halp me have a massive yodel session.
    You guys should totally halp me out.
    ~SpawnOfCthulhu/Snifit

I still need help with this, if anyone at all is interested.
    also, inb4 personal army.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
    edited April 2010
    beta_angel: Keep watching this thread.... I have 2 spare gaming machines available. I offered them to people who might want to travel from out of state or a super long distance use of them. If nobody commits by like mid next week im going to offer them for use by those who dont have gaming machines if you are interested.

I might be, but just based on when this is, i'd probably have to pass. I'm almost certain it's on the week i'm on-call for work, which is a neverending clusterfuck of ass.

I appreciate the gesture, though! :)

P.S. I also do not have a steam account. heh. Ive only played TF2 on the 360.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'm in for the LAN and will send the money tonight.

I both hope and am scared that the toybox TF2 level will make another appearance. That was a crazy couple of matches.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited April 2010
    toyfort will always be there :P

BigRed on
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    PROPHUNT

ashridah on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Toyfort + Prophunt took up like half the LAN last time. That was some epic fun, wish I could be there this time.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited April 2010
    Franziskaner is online and delicious.

BigRed on
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Franziskaner is online and delicious.

Are we going to wind up running out two pints in like we did at your last bbq? :P

ashridah on
    edited April 2010
    Just one keg ran out when you decided to show up :P

BigRed on
This discussion has been closed.