As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

X 3, in which with drive long, hard ships into tight, quivering gates

12346»

• Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't tend to take destroyers through areas where there are things that don't need destroying

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I've always wanted to make a missile boat that did nothing but mass spam hammerheads

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't tend to take destroyers through areas where there are things that don't need destroying

well theres your problem

you assume there are things that don't need destroying

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    I've always wanted to make a missile boat that did nothing but mass spam hammerheads

50 mil for a self sustaining complex producing from 4 hammerhead factories and then hijacking a kraken/cobra and you're there

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2010
    So has anyone finished the hub mission

I mean like anyone in the history of time

Tube on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    hey

hey tube

I found a thing
    1271296006419.jpg

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    d'aww

Tube on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    holy moly

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    cos man I'm like "oh I like playing this game" and then I think "I'll try boarding" and it's so hopelessly fucking bad that I get annoyed and don't want to play and I think "maybe I'll try the hub" but then I actually cannot fucking conceive of the mind that though the hub missions were a good idea and then I just get bored and wander off.

Tube on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I know a few people. They set up factory complexes just to get the damn hub going.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    70 000 microchips is literally more microchips than exists in the universe

Tube on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    So has anyone finished the hub mission

I mean like anyone in the history of time

Apparently the way to go it start making big ass complexes everywhere, which then make you lots of money, and once it's done you have income out the ass and are basically king shit in the galaxy.

I just installed a script that took everything down to the 2 digits

finding 40 microchips was kind of a pain a little bit

Boarding is a shithead right now, no doubt, it's all reloading until your entire 4 star team that took 4 days to train doesn't die by deck 2

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I guess I'll just wait for them to patch boarding. They either need to give you a realistic way of getting on board a ship, massively decrease the training time for marines or you know, both.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    They just patched boarding, that's why it doesn't work anymore

You will pretty much always need a Missile Frigate for capital boardings

For TMs it's safe to use M6's

though still save beforehand

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Guys! I'm buying a computer today after work! I'll be able to play X3 again!

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    They just patched boarding, that's why it doesn't work anymore

You will pretty much always need a Missile Frigate for capital boardings

For TMs it's safe to use M6's

though still save beforehand

The problem with the missile frigate is that you don't have a way of keeping the shields down because for some bizarre reason a ship can either have lasers or be able to shoot a boarding pod. I guess you can use missiles to keep the shields down, but that sort of highlights the problem that the economy is broken and most products are hard to find.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    For a missile frigate you need

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

a complex building missiles for it

3 factories of each hammers and flails, it's expensive, yes.

you have flails riding shotgun for all other missiles you shoot

for hammers, you have to calculate the distance and start firing off a few flails starting 3 or so seconds before you guess the hammers will hit and a few seconds after so the enemy targetting systems are trying shoot those twirling little fuckers instead of your beeliners. After your first barrage, you fire off some more to level the shields as close to 0% as you can. once under 4%, fire a few flails before you fire the boarding pods, with some missiles fired at regular intervals afterwards

for the boarding pods to connect and deliver, the shields need to be below 4%, once the marines are cutting, if the shields reach over 8%, they fry, so send flails regularly after you send the pods

it just takes practice to get a general idea of what to send for each class of ship, then more learning for each type.

Always save beforehand

The Black Hunter on