As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How can you not support Obama on NASA?

• Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Hunter wrote: »
    Here's another good one. This guy scientifically proves his point about evolution and creating new life with peanut butter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504&NR=1

I'd love to ask him one tiny question though. I'd like to know how many times he found proof of god inside a jar of peanut butter.

I just showed this to my wife who works as a microbiologist and chemist for the government's food science division and she literally got up and ran out of the room and yelled at me to never show her something like that again because it depresses her and gives her a real headache.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    how do you defend yourself against a theist armed with a banana

you release the lions

obviously

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Here's another good one. This guy scientifically proves his point about evolution and creating new life with peanut butter.

I'd love to ask him one tiny question though. I'd like to know how many times he found proof of god inside a jar of peanut butter.

I just showed this to my wife who works as a microbiologist and chemist for the government's food science division and she literally got up and ran out of the room and yelled at me to never show her something like that again because it depresses her and gives her a real headache.

Never let this woman go.

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    edited April 2010

you release the bear

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »

Never let this woman go.

But who will I take to my banana church?

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

you release the tiger

then, you eat the banana, thus disarming him

you have now rendered him helpless

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The first 25 seconds of the peanut butter video are causing me physical pain.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010

sniptube

Never let this woman go.

Put springy snakes inside a jar of peanut butter and wait for her to make a sandwich.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2010

Never let this woman go.

But who will I take to my banana church?

Stick the banana into a jar of peanut butter and you get 3 wishes from god.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    I want these people from these two videos to get together and make a peanut butter and banana sandwich and talk about how the sandwich proves god exists.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That ones easy.

Now what do you do if he has a pointed stick?

Bedlam on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Banana guy rescinded his argument. Apparently he didn't know that modern bananas were grown to have the properties he thinks god gave them.

That guy is a fucking moron though. He and Kirk Cameron released that 150th anniversary copy of the Origin of Species where they explain that Darwin was actually a racist who just made everything up.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    I want these people from these two videos to get together and make a peanut butter and banana sandwich and talk about how the sandwich proves god exists.

The sandwich is a perversion of God's will. It represents gay marriage.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    So one Christmas I was giving my then-girlfriend a ride home from college for the holidays. Her parents lived about halfway between us and my parents, so I crashed on their couch and continued on in the morning. I'd been dating this girl for several months, but this was the first time I'd met her mom.

My girlfriend went to take a shower, leaving me alone with her mom in the kitchen while she fixed dinner. Since the conversation was made up entirely of lulls at this point, I picked up a packet from the table to examine it. The little brother had apparently gone on a field trip to the Natural History Museum and brought back a packet of sea monkeys billing themselves as "Trilobites: Pets From the Age of the Dinosaurs!"

She glanced over her shoulder and laughed when she saw what I was looking at. "Isn't that funny?"

I was about to agree that selling brine shrimp as a species that had gone extinct millions of years ago was indeed pretty ballsy when she continued. "Of course all animals are from the age of the dinosaurs."

If anybody had been looking directly at my face, I'm pretty sure they could have seen the Hitchcock zoom.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The Geek wrote: »

The sandwich is a perversion of God's will. It represents gay marriage.
    Sandwich, I trusted you!

Antimatter on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    The Banana guy rescinded his argument. Apparently he didn't know that modern bananas were grown to have the properties he thinks god gave them.

That guy is a fucking moron though. He and Kirk Cameron released that 150th anniversary copy of the Origin of Species where they explain that Darwin was actually a racist who just made everything up.

On the other hand they gave out free copies of Origin so thanks for that.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Faricazy wrote: »
    FirmSkater wrote: »

On the other hand they gave out free copies of Origin so thanks for that.

I would kill for one of those editions.

babyeatingjesus on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    but trilobites weren't around during the age of the dinosaurs!

that story is full of scientific inaccuracies

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    My parents bought me a trilobite fossil for my collection when I was a kid. I have no idea whether it's a real fossil or faked.

Platy on
  • Options
    BoredGamerBoredGamer Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Don't post a list of theories!

OH GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

BoredGamer on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Jesse Ventura has a conspiracy TV show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAM55nojDA

Edit- Koshian :oD: (I swear that link took me to a list of conspiracy theory movies before. The government must be behind this!)

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    here, let me help
    oh man, Zenon

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    My parents bought me a trilobite fossil for my collection when I was a kid. I have no idea whether it's a real fossil or faked.

It wouldn't be surprising if it were real. Trilobites were all over the place, and they were practically designed to become fossils. Since they're small enough and solid enough to be easily extracted intact, they're one of the most frequently-sold fossil specimens. You can get a real one for under thirty bucks if you're buying from a rock shop and not a museum's gift shop.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I also own an ammonite fossil with attached tentacles. I know it's not a forgery because I found it myself in a plate of Solnhofen limestone. I almost broke it the last time I handled it. I'm a clumsy motherfucker. I also once lost a coin from the age of Louis XIV under a vending machine. I'm not making this up.

Platy on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Koshian wrote: »
    here, let me help
    oh man, Zenon

I fuckin LOVED Zenon!

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Jedoc wrote: »

It wouldn't be surprising if it were real. Trilobites were all over the place, and they were practically designed to become fossils. Since they're small enough and solid enough to be easily extracted intact, they're one of the most frequently-sold fossil specimens. You can get a real one for under thirty bucks if you're buying from a rock shop and not a museum's gift shop.
    Thanks. It looks and feels very real. But I've been mistrustful ever since my first biology teacher told me twelve years ago that it's probably fake.

Platy on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    isn't there one that says crude oil is formed deep in the Earth's mantle independent of organic matter?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    what
    there's going to be a High School Musical 4
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Antimatter on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    oh man

Halloweentown
    Phantom of the Megaplex

Having a nostalgia overload over here

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    what
    there's going to be a High School Musical 4
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

With different actors or...

College Musical?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Disney_-_The_Luck_of_the_Irish.jpg
    KOSHIAN

Dont_Look_Under_the_Bed_tv_film.jpg

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I've always thought that it's a strange concept that vampires have elongated canines. Do they magically grow after they've died?

Platy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Do you think the writers and directors of those films feel like they do good work? Do they go home all excited to talk to their spouses about how well their vision of a basketball-playing leprechaun is being realized?

Or do they stumble directly from the set to the nearest dive bar and just drink and drink and drink?

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Smart_house_movie_cover.jpg

Saw this movie so many dang times

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Do you think the writers and directors of those films feel like they do good work? Do they go home all excited to talk to their spouses about how well their vision of a basketball-playing leprechaun is being realized?

Or do they stumble directly from the set to the nearest dive bar and just drink and drink and drink?

They can't feel pride about that work. Even if the money is good, you know by the third movie they've already picked out where they're going to hang themselves once it's finished.

Hunter on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Man, I think in that line of work you'd tend to become hedonistic.

You'd buy nice clothes, buy a nice car, buy sex from prostitutes

Buy, buy, buy, to try to fill the hole in your existence

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Harrier wrote: »
    Man, I think in that line of work you'd tend to become hedonistic.

You'd buy nice clothes, buy a nice car, buy sex from prostitutes

Buy, buy, buy, to try to fill the hole in your existence

:winky:

Ruby Rhod on