As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Béisbol

• ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Braves have the best record in Baseball right now :D

Only exception is Arizona who is 7-2 and the Braves are 7-1, but it's Smoltz vs. Bergmann of the Nats tomorrow, in all likelihood we'll be 8-1 tomorrow night.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Holy shit

A-Rod

you keep this up

I will forgive you for everything

also, snazzy uniforms, Red Sox.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    It's kind of cool that a team sucking can ruin an entire region's day though. Man, I hope the Red Sox play like shit this year.

:(

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited April 2007
    A-Rod has 12 home runs

Scrumtrulescent on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man baseball is not a popular topic in SE+= land.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
    edited April 2007
    I'm not even raving about the Sox being down right now

I'm just in such shock

A-Rod, I really hope you aren't juicin', my friend

Scrumtrulescent on
    edited April 2007
    Also I am still bitter about the tigers who gave up a 3-1 lead in the ninth against the ROYALS! Cmon jones, you are better then this...

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm a Red Sox fan. But I grew up in Boston. Does this make me a bad person? No!

Okaji = ice.

A-rod = omgwtf that shit is too absurd, why? At least he didn't hit in the clutch, but I was nearly peeing my pants when he was up at bat in the 9th, seriously, what has that guy been doing these days?

I'm pleased.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited April 2007
    honestly I've given up on the Yankees winning the Series this year

They're a playoff caliber team, sure, they just don't have what it takes in the clutch

Just uhh

someone break a record or something I guess

Scrumtrulescent on
  • AWIYAWIY Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm not even raving about the Sox being down right now

I'm just in such shock

A-Rod, I really hope you aren't juicin', my friend

there is nothing funnier than yankees fans that love jeter and hate a-rod

AWIY on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ha ha! Our salaries for two players are more than some teams!

And we're still not in first!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    HOW

BOUT

DEM

O's!!

My boys are playing pretty well recently.

0 ER from the pen in almost 30 innings. THAT is nice. Chris Ray (closer) hasn't given up a run since A-Rod's walk off.

FortyTwo on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    HOW

BOUT

DEM

O's!!

0 ER from the pen in almost 30 innings. THAT is nice. Chris Ray (closer) hasn't given up a run since A-Rod's walk off.

Ray is very impressive. Also: Fuck, what's with Mariano? I know he has slow starts, but Jesus.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    HOW

BOUT

DEM

O's!!

Ray is very impressive. Also: Fuck, what's with Mariano? I know he has slow starts, but Jesus.

Even more impressive John "THE TRUTH" Parrish

9IP, 13K, 2BB, 0.00 ERA

Guy is blowing people away. Just sick

FortyTwo on
    edited April 2007
    As long as we are talking about closers, How bout Zumaya? This guy can throw the heat! Also, Todd Jones isin't bad either.

edited April 2007
    Cups42 wrote: »
    As long as we are talking about closers, How bout Zumaya? This guy can throw the heat! Also, Todd Jones isin't bad either.

No they are not. But how bad is Sheffield looking?

FortyTwo on
    edited April 2007
    Eh. He will pick up. There are a lot of guys in an early season slump. Plus, we got other guys picking up the slack.

edited April 2007
    HOW

BOUT

DEM

O's!!

I mean, it is not really the o's fault they won that game, the jays just handed it to them.

Also, am I the only one who thought it looked like cabrera threw at Jason Smith in the third or whatever?

It didn't matter at all, it was just kind of weird.

AWIY on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    tonight i go to see the rockies take on the padres

mrpaku on
    edited April 2007
    AWIY wrote: »
    HOW

BOUT

DEM

O's!!

I mean, it is not really the o's fault they won that game, the jays just handed it to them.

Also, am I the only one who thought it looked like cabrera threw at Jason Smith in the third or whatever?

I like Gibbons after the game: "whos going to be the first to say it? Fire Gibbons."

Jays are going to RE-GRET giving that much money to Ryan. It was worth getting him, but that contract is ludicrous.

FortyTwo on
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Go Seattle or San Diego or Minnesota or Boston i dont care just win something for a change.

Barcardi on
    edited April 2007
    Man, what is with the tigers giving up the runs in extra innings? c'mon I need a team to root for in the fall, I mean, who else plays in the early fall/ The lions? HA! Cmon tigers you are my only hope for having something to watch during september/october!

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ban A-Roid

jwalk on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Just kidding. Kid can hit a little.

jwalk on
  • altlat55altlat55 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Why is there this talk about the lovefest of Mark McGwire. McGwire was well recieved and cheered in 1998, it's true. We knew about the Andro, a legal substance. But if Mac were still playing he would be getting the same treatment as Bonds. You just have to look at the HoF vote for your proof, with numbers of a clear first ballot HoFer McGwire only recieved 23.5% votes to induct him.

With borderline HoF stats Canseco recieved 1.1%, he is dropped from the ballot and the only way he's going to get to Cooperstown is with a ticket.

If Bonds were retired he would not be subject to any more criticism than McGwire or Canseco.

altlat55 on
    edited April 2007
    Well Canseco is kind of a dick. And he did admit to using steroids. Plus he was kind of a dick

Did i empasize that he was kind of a dick?

• ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It's Smoltz v. Glavine again tomorrow. It's going to be hard to watch that while playing Diamond.

But dammit I will because we need that win against the Mets. Chuckie let us down today but he's young and well, it's the Mets.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i just got back from watching the rockies basically give up after three innings

they had two two-outs, bases loaded situations in the 7th and 8th where they could have been heroes but failed both times

mrpaku on
    edited April 2007
    HOW

BOUT

DEM

O's!!

I like Gibbons after the game: "whos going to be the first to say it? Fire Gibbons."

Jays are going to RE-GRET giving that much money to Ryan. It was worth getting him, but that contract is ludicrous.

I mean, the jays are playing terrible baseball over the last 5 or so games; this is not really Gibbons' fault, to be quite honest.

AWIY on
    edited April 2007
    HOW

BOUT

DEM

O's!!

I mean, the jays are playing terrible baseball over the last 5 or so games; this is not really Gibbons' fault, to be quite honest.

Yeah but you and I both know that it does not take much to get a manager canned in the AL East. Especially if you are not the Yankees or Sox and ESPECIALLY when everyone has been picking your team to be the third horse in the race the last two years.

FortyTwo on
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    HOW

BOUT

DEM

O's!!

I will kiss you for loving the O's....it's the only Maryland team I root for.

MiracleManS on
    goldfishsig.jpg
    edited April 2007
    HOW

BOUT

DEM

O's!!

Tounge and groping?

FortyTwo on
    edited April 2007
    HOW

BOUT

DEM

O's!!

Tounge and groping?

Whatever you like, Really I'm not going to argue about that, I love the Orioles and I still hate the yankees for 97

MiracleManS on
    goldfishsig.jpg
  • altlat55altlat55 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cups42 wrote: »
    Well Canseco is kind of a dick. And he did admit to using steroids. Plus he was kind of a dick

Did i empasize that he was kind of a dick?

Ya he is. And McGwire looked like an idiot before congress and the court of public opinion holds him just as guilty as Bonds. I'm not defending any of these people, but to suggest that Bonds is hated because he's black is ignoring the reality of the situation.

altlat55 on
    edited April 2007
    I will always question anyone who says that they're doing something wrong as 95% of baseball uses performance enhancement of some type. They play 100+ games a year (some play all 162) and we're bitching at them for trying to perform their job? I mean fucking seriously. No normal person on the planet can actually do that without a little help and be consistent.

MiracleManS on
    goldfishsig.jpg
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I want to say A-Rod is juicing up, but he gets tested so often, now, that something would have turned up if he was.

Javen on
    edited April 2007
    It's surprisingly not that hard to beat a test if you have that much money, that much time, and a chemist on your side.

MiracleManS on
    goldfishsig.jpg
    edited April 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    I want to say A-Rod is juicing up, but he gets tested so often, now, that something would have turned up if he was.

He is a yankee and darling of the MLB. He, and Jeter, could get caught snorting powdered horse jizz off of a girl scout's naked ass cheeks and they would be fine.

You are NOT going to convince me that Giambi isn't on somehting again. He lost a TON of weight after he "admitted" to "it" and had that "paraiste" riiiiight. now, magically his neck is a thick as my leg or Shoe's cock.

both of which are pretty damn thick.

FortyTwo on
    edited April 2007
    Man, the tigers are sucking ass. That means my interest in baseball is pretty low.

• Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    On the flip side of that, the White Sox are on the upswing after that no hitter.

hurray!

Anime Owns on