As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME OVER - Camarilla Victory] Vampire: TPM, Final Night: The Curtain's Descent

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
edited May 2007 in Critical Failures
Links
Signups / Clan details

Final Narration

Night 9 Narration

Night 8 Narration

Night 7 Narration

Night 6 Narration

Night 5 Narration

Night 4 Narration

Night 3 Narration

Night 2 Narration

Night 1 Narration
the_last_supper_post-restoration.jpg

The formally dressed Kindred glanced up at the painting with a calm expression. Maybe holding Elysium at the Art Museum was a little ironic, considering their notably religious taste in artwork. The Toreador seemed to like it, judging from their entranced expressions, so at least one faction was satisified.

The figures lurking in the shadows, well, they seemed a little ominous. That was to be expected, though. This wasn't a children's gathering, after all. Sebastian knew he was going to hook a few sharks with all the fish his bait had drawn in. It wasn't any business of his who the predators sought to devour.

The masses seemed, and sounded, impatient. Some even on the verge of violence, even if they knew better than to undertake such madness with Elysium in full effect. The Ventrue decided not to keep them waiting any longer. A steady pace took him to the balcony overlooking the central lobby, as he allowed himself a moment to survey the gathering.

Tremere. They always stood out, always in their reclusive cliques. Of course, he knew the Ventrue well, and they were the only Kindred in attendance he trusted. (Even that was a stretch.)

The Nosferatu were there. He couldn't see them, of course, but they were there.

The Lunatics... he couldn't tell what they were up to. Some clans were just beyond comprehension.

There were a few unknowns, of course, but this was to be expected with any gathering this large. It had even exceeded his expectations. Maybe even some Sabbat had shown up. That was fine. Maybe they could be made to see things his way, as well. The thought of a city completely united in his name almost made the Ventrue smile, if he were capable of such mortal acts.

Sebastian waved away the imposing Gangrel at his side. There wasn't need for the bodyguard to be that close, and he needed to carry an aura of trust.

"There are some of you I recognize. Most of you, I don't. But we all share the common goal: we want to prolong our existence as long as we can. These petty infighting and rivalries will accomplish none of this."

His voice rang loud and clear through the hall. Just a touch. It tended to do wonders, especially among the newly Embraced.

"We all must unite together before these separate factions tear Kindred society, and the Masquerade, apart. Now, to accomplish this..."

Sebastian froze in mid-sentence. Whatever thought he had been about to voice, it was suddenly furthest from his mind. The pointed edge of wood which had torn through the back of suit and escaped at the front of his chest seemed like a justified excuse. Considering that the stake had rendered him immobile, Sebastian didn't even have time to reflect on whatever mistakes he had made before a point-blank shotgun blast to the skull rendered the newly decapitated Kindred into a growing pile of dust.

Jacob threw the shotgun off to the side, and brushed his hands, briefly adjusting the leather jacket before he glanced to the stunned assembly of Kindred with a passive shrug.

"What, are you morons actually surprised? That stuck-up bastard sold us all out. He didn't just bring the Sabbat. This stupid union of his has drawn creatures here you bloodsucking idiots haven't even dreamed about. He got off light. You'll be lucky if your death is half as painless as this sorry excuse for a Ventrue's was." The Brujah glanced to the newly thickened pile of ash, made an unpleasant sound, and spat a thick mass of blood into what was left of Sebastian before walking right over it as he made his way off to the side.

"I should've stayed in Brooklyn."

Population
35 Camarilla (23 standard, 12 special)
8 Sabbat
2 Assamites
1 Giovanni
1 Kuei-Jin

Rules
On the first night, the assembled Kindred elect their Prince by voting on a player of their choice, !vote Sebastian's ashes, like so.

The players also vote on a player they would like to have staked and destroyed, !vote Setite.

On the night after his election, and every night following, the Prince may execute any player of his choosing: !execute Caitiff.

In the event of the Kindred wishing to remove their Prince, starting on the second night, they may vote to !remove Prince, and replace him with !my pet goldfish.

If a Kindred votes to have the Prince removed, and does not vote for a replacement, the votes of the players with a replacement in mind will determine who takes his place.

Any players that do not contribute to the Prince vote will be considered to have voted in the current Prince's favor. Players who vote for a replacement will have their vote counted as a call for removal.

If you wish to retract a vote, do so in a new reply, using the same color of the kind of vote: !retract Caitiff, !retract, !retract Setite, etc. Ninja editing isn't advisable.

If the amount of votes for a removal exceed those who wish for the Prince to remain in power(determined by either abstaining, or a vote in his favor), the Prince is removed, and the player with the largest amount of votes becomes Prince in his stead.

In each case, the player with the next closest amount of votes becomes his Seneschal, who becomes Prince in the event of his death. If a Prince is removed by voting, his Seneschal is removed with him.

Ties will be determined by random number generation.

The Camarilla must destroy the Sabbat, Assamites, and Kuei-Jin to win a victory.

The Sabbat pack receives two kills per evening.
The Sabbat must destroy the Camarilla, Assamites, and Kuei-Jin to win a victory.

The Assamites each get one respective kill per evening.
If all the Kindred are destroyed, the Assamites are the victors.

A representative of the Sabbat can PM me once per evening with their decision, and each Assamite does the same.

The Giovanni, on the second night, and every other night following, may PM me with the dead player whose Wraith he would like to contact. Success is not guaranteed, as Wraiths are stubborn creatures.

The Giovanni is a neutral player, and will side with whichever main faction(Camarilla, Sabbat) is victorious.

The Kuei-Jin is out to destroy everyone. It receives two kills every other evening. Beginning on the second night, the Kuei-Jin may PM me with two desired targets.

If it can be stopped, it should be at all costs.
If all the Kindred are destroyed, the Kuei-Jin is the victor.

The Nosferatu may PM me once per evening with the player they would like seered, and this will reveal that Kindred's clan and/or affiliation. Be warned: not all clans are as they seem.

The Gangrel may guard one player per evening. The priority is as follows:

Kill Priority
Guardians > Kuei-Jin > Assamites > Sabbat > Prince > Camarilla

If the Gangrel himself is targeted, he will die, but the Kindred under his protection will survive.
(This will not apply if the Kindred in question is executed by the mob, or the Prince.)

The Gangrel can not protect himself, only others.

In the event of the Prince's death, the Seneschal will carry out his last request.
(Due to a request for clarification: the Prince can not kill himself, and as a result, his Seneschal will not be able to carry out a call for his own death in event of the Prince's demise: only the Prince can have his Seneschal executed.)

If both are killed, then the call for death will not occur.
The player with the highest votes in his favor that remained alive will assume the princehood, followed by the next closest player as his Seneschal.
(Ties in either case are determined by random generation.)

If none of the remaining players were voted for, a new vote for a new Prince must be carried out on the next evening.

The Malkavians possess more awareness than most Kindred, even if few realize it. They know more than they should, and insights come to them at random. However it manifests itself, and however it gets used by the Malkavian with this knowledge, there is no knowing.

The Ventrue and Tremere function as separate families, as do the Tzimisce and Lasombra.

While all Sabbat are aware of each other's identities, their clans are not as plainly obvious, even to their packmates.

The voting will end tonight at 9:00 PM EST. Specials should have their PMs to me by then, and players should have their votes and/or bandwagons well in mind.
The alternating night specials have until tomorrow evening to decide their targets.

If a player does not contribute in the voting process for two days running, he will be staked and fed to the Garou[removed].

Final Roster

1. V2-Gundam, Camarilla Brujah, survived
2. DevoutlyApathetic - Sabbat Lasombra, killed by mob
3. Grundlterror - Camarilla Ventrue, killed by Assamites
4. GrimmyTOA, Assamite, killed by mob
5. Buzz Buzz - Camarilla Brujah, killed by Assamites
6. Bliss 101, Camarilla Brujah, killed by Assamite
7. Drez - Sabbat Lasombra, killed by Assamites
8. MrBlarney, Camarilla Caitiff, executed by Prince
9. Saburbia - Camarilla Brujah, killed by Assamites
10. Oboro, Kuei-Jin Infernal, killed by the Assamites and the Sabbat
11. jdarksun, Sabbat Tzimisce, killed by mob
12. xanathos, Sabbat Lasombra, killed by mob
13. Plutonium, Assamite, killed by the Sabbat
14. Locus, Camarilla Toreador, killed by Assamite
15. Zerinan, Camarilla Gangrel, killed by Sabbat
16. Hylianbunny, Camarilla Ventrue, killed by Sabbat
17. Kilnaga, Camarilla Brujah, killed by mob
18. Shamus, Giovanni, killed by Kuei-Jin
19. Abysmal Lynx, Camarilla Caitiff, executed by Prince
20. doug_grammar, Camarilla Brujah, killed by mob
21. robothero, Camarilla Toreador, killed by Sabbat
22. Digger Dude, Camarilla Nosferatu, killed by Sabbat
23. Gnasty, Sabbat Tzimisce, killed by Assamites
24. EvilBadman, Camarilla Brujah, killed by the Assamites
25. frandelgearslip, Camarilla Malkavian, killed by Kuei-Jin
26. Celebrim, Camarilla Toreador, killed by Assamites
27. tofu, Camarilla Caitiff, killed by Sabbat
28. Frosteey, Camarilla Toreador, executed by Prince
29. OtakuD00D, Camarilla Tremere, killed by Sabbat
30. Voranth, Camarilla Brujah, executed by the Prince
31. Senor Fish, Camarilla Nosferatu, killed by Sabbat
32. Abraham F. Hawk, Camarilla Caitiff, killed by Assamites
33. Unearthly Stew, Camarilla Caitiff, killed by Sabbat
34. Serpent, Sabbat Brujah Antitribu, killed by mob
35. Ardor, Camarilla Tremere, killed by Sabbat
36. DarkPrimus, Camarilla Toreador, killed by Assamites
37. Last Son, Camarilla Toreador, killed by Kuei-Jin
38. BitterOldMan, Camarilla Toreador, survived
39. INeedNoSalt, Sabbat Toreador Antitribu, killed by Kuei-Jin
40. telcus, Sabbat Tzimisce, killed by Assamite
41. Squashua, Camarilla Malkavian, killed by Sabbat
42. Cantide, Camarilla Tremere, killed by Sabbat
43. tuxkamen, Camarilla Brujah, killed by Sabbat
44. TehSpectre - Camarilla Toreador, killed by mob
45. PsychoLarry1, Camarilla Toreador, killed by mob
46. precisionk, Camarilla Ventrue, killed by the Assamite and the Sabbat
47. Munkus Beaver - Camarilla Gangrel, killed by Sabbat
48. cj iwakura - Ravnos Storyteller

Game on, and make with the stakes.

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Whoo.

Edit: Ok, got my Av/sig combo up.

I am just going to come out and say it.

I am a Toreador. I fancy myself an artist. I am a "vanilla" vampire for all those interested. I am just gonna get this out of the way now, because I am sure some plan will come out making us name our clans or some shit.

Consider me ahead of the game here.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I was going to make a nice vampire avatar but I decided that I was too lazy. Plus Metroids are a kind of vampire, right?

I vote TehSpecter to meet Mr. Sunshine
    For four reasons
    1. He seems like an alien trying to clear himself from the get go.
    2. I don't want somthing like mtvcdm's plan to happen again
    3. I know from experience that he could be a powerful bad guy if he is one
    4. Since I don't thinl ill be online much tomarrow i would like to get a vote in now while I still can

Digger Dude on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I was going to make a nice vampire avatar but I decided that I was too lazy. Plus Metroids are a kind of vampire, right?

You may as well call a saucer a plate...

Frosteey on
    edited April 2007
    Alright my fellow kindrid, I would like to comeout in favor of being elected Prince.

Generally, the first few people who ask for support in this kind of venture get the chance to rule and I believe it would be best to get a non special/non Sabbat in the leader position. I am not going to say there is any way you people can trust me, but I am legit.

Someone people can attest to my special finding skills. I am willing to bring this innate ability to this position.

Elect me, and remove these bastards from our ranks.

I !vote TehSpectre for Prince.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If we wanted to elect a prince to remove the bastards from our ranks, I think I would rather testify to Squashua's skills at alien killing, as shown here:
    Tehspectre wrote:
    Squashua wrote:
    I think that either Johannen or Cantide is the cultist.

I think Munkus Beaver, Digger Dude, and TehSpectre might be aliens.
    ^Squashua
    Ack, what the hell?

You were very good at finding at killing the Good specials, as I recall.

Plutonium on
    edited April 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    If we wanted to elect a prince to remove the bastards from our ranks, I think I would rather testify to Squashua's skills at alien killing, as shown here:
    Tehspectre wrote:
    Squashua wrote:
    I think that either Johannen or Cantide is the cultist.

I think Munkus Beaver, Digger Dude, and TehSpectre might be aliens.
    ^Squashua
    Ack, what the hell?

You were very good at finding at killing the Good specials, as I recall.
    Squash's leadership abilities differ from mine somewhat. While he annoyed and pissed off a lot of people with his remarks, I was loved by everyone.

Take that as you will.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Not that I'm advocating Squashua at all either, just making a counterpoint.

Don't elect Squshua either, we'll get talked to death

Plutonium on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Wow, voting for staking and Prince already? That's fast. I'm going to hold off from voting for anything until later tomorrow, when more ideas will be presented and such.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited April 2007

For four reasons
    4. Since I don't thinl ill be online much tomarrow i would like to get a vote in now while I still can
    Well, someone has to be bandwagoned day one, don't they.

1) Oh yes, let's bring as much attention to myself as I can on day one. That is pretty smart if I were a Sabbat. Everyone knows aliens do not exist. I would hope I am trusted to do a better job and not arousing suspicion on day one were I a bad guy.

2) Hrm. Where did I say for everyone to reveal their clans? This one has no merit at all.

3) It is true. I was a scary badguy in the last game. I can be just as scary to the badguys as the goodguys depending on which team I am on. I am not a Sabbat.

4) So, gonna be somewhat inactive. Dropping the first kill vote of the game without any good evidence (We can normally dig something up other than past experience as a reason.)

Notice that I am not going out of my way to vote for Digger or anyone else yet. I don't like bandwagons and I try to use my votes well, after looking at all the evidence accrued.

Elect me or kill me. I am a good guy and am looking to start us off with someone we can trust in power.

Hell, I could just be seered now because of this, if I am a Sabbat, I can be voted out of office and/or killed.

Edit: Removed boldness and color from the vote so as not to confuse anyone.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Grace and glory, my will be done, !annihilate Digger Dude.

Ninja voting? How uncouth. It's apparent you're either rambunctiously sullying the image of our kind, or you're...a ninja. A ninja that kills two people every night.

Frosteey on
    edited April 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Grace and glory, my will be done, !annihilate Digger Dude.

Ninja voting? How uncouth. It's apparent you're either rambunctiously sullying the image of our kind, or you're...a ninja. A ninja that kills two people every night.
    Seriously, I didn't even nknow he voted to kill me until I saw Zerinan's post.

Hurts my feelings.

Edit: I also urge people not to just kill Digger because of his ninja kill edit. He is still relatively new to Phallas and didn't realize his faux pas. Wait until someone pops on acting a little weird before making your decision.

Edit: Removed boldness and color from the vote so as not to confuse people.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I !vote Ardor for Prince. for being so brave and clever, on the condition that he wears the vestments of a Hero of Phallia (meaning only a thong).

Going to think about my execution vote a bit longer.

Edit: for those who are playing their first Phalla. The first day of a Phalla tends to go one of two ways. Either we randomly bandwagon someone, and use the voting patterns and posts to figure out who the bad guys might be on the next way, or else someone comes up with an Instant Network plan (some method to create a public mouthpiece for a network where every member of the network can be confirmed innocent by seering or other methods) and people make their decisions according to the plan.

Speaking of instant networks: is the Gangrel allowed to protect himself?

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

For four reasons
    4. Since I don't think I'll be online much tomarrow i would like to get a vote in now while I still can

1) Oh yes, let's bring as much attention to myself as I can on day one. That is pretty smart if I were a Sabbat. Everyone knows aliens do not exist. I would hope I am trusted to do a better job and not arousing suspicion on day one were I a bad guy.

2) Hrm. Where did I say for everyone to reveal their clans? This one has no merit at all.

3) It is true. I was a scary badguy in the last game. I can be just as scary to the badguys as the goodguys depending on which team I am on. I am not a Sabbat.

4) So, gonna be somewhat inactive. Dropping the first kill vote of the game without any good evidence (We can normally dig something up other than past experience as a reason.)

Notice that I am not going out of my way to vote for Digger or anyone else yet. I don't like bandwagons and I try to use my votes well, after looking at all the evidence accrued.

Elect me or kill me. I am a good guy and am looking to start us off with someone we can trust in power.

Hell, I could just be seered now because of this, if I am a Sabbat, I can be voted out of office and/or killed.

Okay, two can play at this game.

1) We expect the Sabbat to lay low, that is the text book way for a villan to act. Say you wanted to act differently then the textbook villan hmm...
    2) You said you were ahead of the game by posting your clan, I consider that supporting it.
    3) I think guessing specials and guessing bad guys are different skills, one is guessing who dosn't want to be looked into and one who does want to be looked into but has to be discreet about it.
    4) I am voting for you on the because there is a good chance I will be away from my computer tomarrow for school stuff. I would prefer if I can stay I will change it as the situation changes but for now I onsider any vote better than no vote at all.

Digger Dude on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    I saw thespectre in action in the last game, it was uncanny. I !vote TehSpectre for Prince based on what I witnessed.

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
    edited April 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

For four reasons
    4. Since I don't think I'll be online much tomarrow i would like to get a vote in now while I still can

Okay, two can play at this game.

1) We expect the Sabbat to lay low, that is the text book way for a villan to act. Say you wanted to act differently then the textbook villan hmm...
    2) You said you were ahead of the game by posting your clan, I consider that supporting it.
    3) I think guessing specials and guessing bad guys are different skills, one is guessing who dosn't want to be looked into and one who does want to be looked into but has to be discreet about it.
    4) I am voting for you on the because there is a good chance I will be away from my computer tomarrow for school stuff. I would prefer if I can stay I will change it as the situation changes but for now I onsider any vote better than no vote at all.
    See, there is a difference between texbook and stupid. Generally a bad dude would try to law loy. Other than that, a bad guy would like to be outspoken, but not enough so that one gets a lot of attention. If I was one of the Sabbat, I would have dropped this argument long ago. Most-likely ignoring your claims. I wouldn't be dragging it back out into the open.

Ahead of the game because it is going to happen eventually. Everyone claims to be a good guy within the first few days. It doesn't matter the phalla. I threw my clan out there for flavor's sake.

Think what you will about my abilities. I already have a plan laid out about how I am going to use my kill power if elected. I wont just go throwing it around like a dip.

I don't see how you will be gone from your computer all day and night because of a school thing. It is always strange when someone comes online saying they don't know if they will be able to post much because of such and such.

I am here to lead us to victory. I do not claim to have a perfect plan, but I think I am better suited for this than many of the people here.

Edit: I removed the boldness and color from Squash's vote so as not to confuse people.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm still trying to figure out exactly whats going on, but for now I'll:

!vote for TehSpectre for Prince

He was the mastermind for the Aliens last game, and we have no idea who to trust yet so might as well start with him.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2007
    I'm still trying to figure out exactly whats going on, but for now I'll:

!vote for TehSpectre for Prince

He was the mastermind for the Aliens last game, and we have no idea who to trust yet so might as well start with him.
    Glad to see I have some support so far. I was worried I was going to drum up a bunch of fears against me and been killed on day one, after I came up with a game plan.

@_@

Edit: And yes, if there was any question, I do have a plan.

Edit x2: Since the thread is still pretty dead, I do have a messageboard set up for the network. Once I can prove your identity you will be allowed access. It is locked and requires a login to view and all logins must register and be accepted by me. I am taking no chances this game. It is ready to go and even has my plan already put up on it. Sorry for those people who are not within the network, the plan will not be made public. Please elect me, I have a good feeling I can win this for us.

Edit x3: Actually, my plan may be pretty great...now that I have added to it. I really think we can win this now.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Digger Dude, the reason why bad guys try and stay low is because if they are too active and helpful, than there is a bigger chance of them getting seered, not cause the seer thinks they are bad, but want them in the network.

Hell it happened to me, seered first day cause I seemed the kinda guy who knew what he was doing and the seer wanted me to be in the network.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cool, guys...well...I'll be back after this Nintendo World Store event. It's way too early to make any decisions. Happy hunting till then.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Abraham F. HawkAbraham F. Hawk Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I have no idea whom I should vote for. Who wants to be the Prince the most? Because that person should really not be elected...

Abraham F. Hawk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Not that I'm advocating Squashua at all either, just making a counterpoint.

Don't elect Squshua either, we'll get talked to death

We're already dead. VAMPIRES, [size=+1]DUH[/size].

EDIT I will wait on voting for TehSpectre b/c Toreodore don't spit on the floor use the cuspidor, that's what it's-a for means fuck-all nothing.

Edit x2 Edited several hours later to replace "Tremere" with "Toreodor". Oops.

Squashua on
  • V2-GundamV2-Gundam Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hmmmm........ What to think, what to think.

TehSpecter is very good at hiding in plain sight, but then again the odds of him being a villan for two streight phallas is pretty low.

Hmmmmm....................

You know what we need now? Rygars random number generator. That would net us a baddy.

V2-Gundam on
    Stand Up To the Victory!
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm going to hold my votes for later as we see the first day unravel. There's a decent chance that someone's gonna come out with some form of announcement that might shake things up. Until then, we basically vote for the person we like the least to turn to dust it seems.

Ardor on
  • V2-GundamV2-Gundam Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm serious i'm gonna go to Random.com or whatever Rygar used in space phalla and I'll post what numbers I get..... AWAY!!!!

V2-Gundam on
    Stand Up To the Victory!
    edited April 2007
    V2-Gundam wrote: »
    I'm serious i'm gonna go to Random.com or whatever Rygar used in space phalla and I'll post what numbers I get..... AWAY!!!!

You realize that choosing a target based upon past phalla experiences, picking the guy/gal you don't like and using a RNG to pick a target all results in the same chance of finding someone, right?

We all have the same chance game to game for being a special, unless you think CJ is biased and wanted to give certain people specific roles.

Ardor on
    edited April 2007
    In truth, I'm all for going after inactives starting on day 2, since people might not be around much today being Sunday and all. You can usually find roughly a third of the bad guys in the group that group as they try to not say anything to condemn themselves.

Ardor on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Every player was determined by RNG, despite some crazy coincedences. First draw, too.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Welp, I've played one Phalla so far, and TehSpectre figured prominently in it. Dude's acting himself so far, so a whopping 'whatever' on that note. Similarly, I've played one Phalla so far, and about half of the people here today were in that one-- the other half are a large part full-and-whole mysteries.

So I'm gonna chill a bit.

I could throw out a tentative vote for TehSpec as Prince, but meh. Like I said, I've played with him before, and that's just taught me how wonderfully he we can weave innocence and suspicion. ;P

Oboro on
    words
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    In truth, I'm all for going after inactives starting on day 2

Alien! History has shown only aliens deflect attention onto inactives!!!!11!!1!!cos(0)!!

Squashua on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    In truth, I'm all for going after inactives starting on day 2, since people might not be around much today being Sunday and all. You can usually find roughly a third of the bad guys in the group that group as they try to not say anything to condemn themselves.

I agree with you to an extent, however I think it is important not to get sidetracked or hung up on inactives for too long. As seen at the end of Voyage to Phalla, that would have ended up spelling defeat for the village.

As to who to vote for: I'd rather not vote for the most perceptive individuals right off the bat. They can either be a huge asset for us (if good) or really damaging for us (if bad). For now, at least, I'd rather focus on people who are either less known or only moderately experienced...the perceptive folk will trip up somehow later on. If they get lucky with our specials this early on, then we should probably start focusing on them by day three or day four.

I won't vote yet as I'll be in the city for a few hours and someone might do something suspect between now and then. I'm not sure if it's best to elect a relatively lesser known person as prince or not...I haven't played a Phalla with an elected killer yet. I just hope a villager doesn't pull some crazy shit like in the last game and waste us a day on nonsense (I'm speaking of AcidSerra, to be clear).

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    God damn it. Bloody early starts.

I could have sworn sign up ended tonight, not the first vote. Bah. I won't be around too much today so I doubt I'll be too helpful.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It got moved up by popular(?) demand, and way more people signing up than I expected really, really fast. By midnight yesterday, it was pretty much to the limit, so it would've been a day of pointless waiting otherwise.

I'm hoping it won't harm the vote turnout, though if any players aren't able to make it for today's, I won't hold it against them.
    (If they weren't able to post at all for whatever reason.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • BitterOldManBitterOldMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think its going to be interesting to watch who the big posters of last game were and then see who does not post as heavily in this one. By watching the last game I think I have a good idea of where to throw my alliances for now.

Vote TehSpecter for Prince

I don't know who I want to stake today, though. So many juicy choices. I think I'll wait for someone to start a bandwagon. Someone roll a die...

**Edited out the red vote

BitterOldMan on
    edited April 2007
    I think its going to be interesting to watch who the big posters of last game were and then see who does not post as heavily in this one. By watching the last game I think I have a good idea of where to throw my alliances for now.

!Vote TehSpecter for Prince

I don't know who I want to stake today, though. So many juicy choices. I think I'll wait for someone to start a bandwagon. Someone roll a die...

Agh being a noob is gonna get me killed sure enough...wrong colors...

!Vote TehSpecter for Prince

BitterOldMan on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Not holding it against you Cj, it's just personally inconvenient.

BitterOldMan, I think we vote to kill people in red, elect in lime. Just a FYI.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited April 2007
    V2-Gundam wrote: »

An interesting series of numbers. 1 comes up twice. The series ends in 1. You are #1. kk I'll bite ;}

!Vote V2-Gundam for dissection and analyses of bad-guyness...

(Like that DA?)

BitterOldMan on
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Just found out I'll actually be around later this evening. As has become my modus operandi...

I !vote for me for Prince-dom. Why? Because if you read the Soviet Phalla threads you'll see I actually got shit done once I elected myself to the politburo. I got so much shit done, the (evil) GS took the time to execute me. Also, I don't trust any of you people but I damn sure trust myself.

Vote for killing when I come back later.

Locus on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Specials, DO NOT CONTACT TEHSPECTRE.
    We know fuck-all about what his role really is, he could be any of the non-Camarilla vamps for all we know.

@Squashua: Tehspectre said he was a Toreador not a Tremere.

@V2-Gundam: Statistics do not work that way.

Last Son on
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

Dude, you are smarter than this. Bad guys are almost never 'inactive' and this is a recurrent phalla myth. Bad guys play and manipulate and scheme. This was actually something I once propagated as a bad guy and I couldn't believe how people ate it up, and kept killing low posting innocents.

Propagating such untruths makes me think you are not of the camarilla.

Serpent on
  • VoranthVoranth MI NOMBRE, POR CIERTO ES DONTÉ!Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, it's a good thing I logged in today, I wasn't planning on it till tomorrow. Hopefully this game won't be as one-sided as the last with those bloody RNGs.

As much as I loved TehSpectre last game I think I'm gonna wait a bit till I throw my votes about.

Voranth on
    camo_sig2.png
    PS4: Voranth