As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GAME OVER - Camarilla Victory] Vampire: TPM, Final Night: The Curtain's Descent

• frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I just want to say that the OP in the sign up thread mentioned that antitribu (sabbat members in "good" clans) were part of the sabbat forces. So even if someone proves that they are a brujah or a toreador, that does not mean crap. Hopefully none of the good specials or families are infested with sabbat (though that is a possibility).

So I will ask to clarify: (in case he changed his mind since the sign up thread)
    CJ Iwakura: Are there sabbat members in the camarilla clans?

Also revealing are clans is a horrible idea, everybody is just going to claim brujah or toreador and if they don't it will reveal our good specials.

There are 8 deaths a night (1 vote out, 1 prince, 2 sabbat, 2 assamite, 2 kue-jin) This game is going to last like 6 days assuming we don't get lucky and the kue-jin and assamite bite it early.

frandelgearslip on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Serpent wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    In truth, I'm all for going after inactives starting on day 2, since people might not be around much today being Sunday and all. You can usually find roughly a third of the bad guys in the group that group as they try to not say anything to condemn themselves.

Dude, you are smarter than this. Bad guys are almost never 'inactive' and this is a recurrent phalla myth. Bad guys play and manipulate and scheme. This was actually something I once propagated as a bad guy and I couldn't believe how people ate it up, and kept killing low posting innocents.

Propagating such untruths makes me think you are not of the camarilla.

Our definitions of 'inactive' might differ here. Inactives in my book aren't the people who die from posting average of once per day, it's the people who don't contribute enough of anything other than a vote and some light hearted conversation at best. That has been a common theme for most phalla games since the very basic one Tarranon started in D&D ages ago.

In the games that I have participated in, there's always a better chance at finding bad guys in the low poster group then going for the active folks who not only make the game more interesting, but leave behind a huge trail that we can disect later.

Of the games I've participated in, you'll notice that around the halfway point in the game, the bad guys start to pick up posting steam if they were previously laying low. The mole phalla was the only game where this was not true of the 5 games or so I've played in.

I'm not saying this is gospel or anything, but if you analyze past the last game or two, you tend to find some very common themes.

Ardor on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    There are 8 deaths a night (1 vote out, 1 prince, 2 sabbat, 2 assamite, 2 kue-jin) This game is going to last like 6 days assuming we don't get lucky and the kue-jin and assamite bite it early.

The Kue-Jin only get to kill every other night, so its 6/8/6/8/ect. for an average of 7.

Last Son on
    edited April 2007
    Just a reminder for people, you might consider using invisible mode during the game regardless of whether you plan on using pm's or not due to how specials were figured out by something many considered to be meta-gaming, by checking specific times, mostly when declarations were made, to see who happened to be doing pms around that time. If you read that thread, you will find out that it was highly successful.

Ardor on
    edited April 2007
    Last Son wrote: »

The Kue-Jin only get to kill every other night, so its 6/8/6/8/ect. for an average of 7.

okay didn't catch that in my skim of the op, so there will be 5 kills tonight (1 vote out out, 2 sabbat, 2 assamite).

edit: nevermind read the op again

frandelgearslip on
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    EDIT I will wait on voting for TehSpectre b/c I want to see if anyone in Tremere pops up to challenge TehSpectre's claim that he is in Tremere; meaning one of the two is Sabbat.

I believe he claimed to be Toreador, which don't have a family if I understand things correctly.

!vote TehSpectre for Prince. If he is a Toreador, maybe he can redecorate a bit and dispel this Goth look we have going. Of course, if he has no fashion sense, we've found him out...

EDIT: Quote fixed

Celebrim on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Celebrim wrote: »
    EDIT I will wait on voting for TehSpectre b/c I want to see if anyone in Tremere pops up to challenge TehSpectre's claim that he is in Tremere; meaning one of the two is Sabbat.

I believe he claimed to be Toreador, which don't have a family if I understand things correctly.

!vote TehSpectre for Prince. If he is a Toreador, maybe he can redecorate a bit and dispel this Goth look we have going.

Where are you quoting this from? I didn't write that.

Plutonium on
    edited April 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Celebrim wrote: »

!vote TehSpectre for Prince. If he is a Toreador, maybe he can redecorate a bit and dispel this Goth look we have going.

Where are you quoting this from? I didn't write that.

squashua wrote it I don't know why he attributed it to you

edit: the quote tree is all screwed up
    edit2: jesus christ only had to edit my post 4 goddamned times to get the quote tree right-thanks celebrim

frandelgearslip on
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Okay TehSpecter, I guss I'm the only one suspicios of you and thats because I still don't get this game.
    I retract my vote for TehSpecter
    My suspision is not entirly cleared but nither it hasn't for anyone thats posted either. Man, this game makes you paranoid.

Digger Dude on
  • CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sorry, I tried to only include the relevant part of the quote but truncated a tag.

Celebrim on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I just want to say that the OP in the sign up thread mentioned that antitribu (sabbat members in "good" clans) were part of the sabbat forces. So even if someone proves that they are a brujah or a toreador, that does not mean crap. Hopefully none of the good specials or families are infested with sabbat (though that is a possibility).

So I will ask to clarify: (in case he changed his mind since the sign up thread)
    CJ Iwakura: Are there sabbat members in the camarilla clans?

There are Antitribu in this game. Beyond that, it's anyone's guess.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well, as it stands now we have no information on anybody. TehSpectre could be lying through his teeth about what he is saying he is. Right now I'm not going to trust him as far as I can throw him. I !vote for myself to be elected. Right now I am the only one I can trust to lead me.

On the off chance somebody slips up today, I will hold my vote for the staking until later tonight.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • V2-GundamV2-Gundam Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    An interesting series of numbers. 1 comes up twice. The series ends in 1. You are #1. kk I'll bite ;}

!Vote V2-Gundam for dissection and analyses of bad-guyness...

(Like that DA?)
    Hey don't shoot the messenger. I mean seriously does anyone have any better Ideas. I mean it's day one. If anyone has any concrete leads then lets here them otherwise were just voting essentially randomly becuase we have no information about anyone that could be considered reliable.

So if anyone has a plan, I would love to hear it.

V2-Gundam on
    Stand Up To the Victory!
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Vote Counts as of 12:23 :
    (correct me if I'm wrong, by all means)
    Prince
    TehSpectre - 5

Ardor - 1

Locus - 1

Kilnaga - 1

Staking

Digger Dude - 1

V2-Gundam - 1

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • BitterOldManBitterOldMan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    V2-Gundam wrote: »
    An interesting series of numbers. 1 comes up twice. The series ends in 1. You are #1. kk I'll bite ;}

!Vote V2-Gundam for dissection and analyses of bad-guyness...

(Like that DA?)
    Hey don't shoot the messenger. I mean seriously does anyone have any better Ideas. I mean it's day one. If anyone has any concrete leads then lets here them otherwise were just voting essentially randomly becuase we have no information about anyone that could be considered reliable.

So if anyone has a plan, I would love to hear it.

Actually I like your plan of randomness right now, and since I agree with you, I still think the numbers don't lie.

12 Xanathos
    34 Serpent
    42 Cantide
    19 Abysmal Lynx
    10 Oboro
    8 Nerissa
    1 V2-Gundam
    45 PsychoLarry1
    40 Telcus
    1 V2-Gundam

In the lack of any other identifiable plan this sounds as good as any. Besides I have a thing for Patterns and numbers and I have never truly believed that random is random. :)

BitterOldMan on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I may be very off in my count, but I believe it's as follows.

Prince:
    TehSpectre - 5
    Ardor - 1
    Kilnaga - 1
    Locus - 1

Staking:
    Digger Dude - 1
    V2-Gundam - 1

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
    edited April 2007
    You're right. Missed Ardor's, and Bitter's threw me off because of the colors.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited April 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    You're right. Missed Ardor's, and Bitter's threw me off because of the colors.

Agh I smell Garous circling...

**Edited original post and removed the red...

BitterOldMan on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    There's no earthly way of knowing, what direction we are going...

It begins, another new round, and votes based on past phalla performance. Judging how someone did last game rather on the hopes they won't sell you out to the highest bidder this time. Different circumstances, the pieces moved and you pray the white king is still king and not a pawn. Entertaining.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »

It begins, another new round, and votes based on past phalla performance. Judging how someone did last game rather on the hopes they won't sell you out to the highest bidder this time. Different circumstances, the pieces moved and you pray the white king is still king and not a pawn. Entertaining.

Worst Chess reference ever.
    Someone earlier said somethin' about not electin' the loudest voice for Prince. I'm thinkin' that's not a bad idea.

INeedNoSalt on
    edited April 2007

Someone earlier said somethin' about not electin' the loudest voice for Prince. I'm thinkin' that's not a bad idea.

Do you even play chess, brute?

EvilBadman on
  • xanathosxanathos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hello everyone this is my second Phalla, and should prove to be entertaining.

xanathos on
    "Our will requires an aim; it would sooner have the void for its purpose than be void of purpose" - Friedrich Nietzsche from The Genealogy of Morals, 1887.

"All memory of your existence will be wiped from reality. You will die, and no one will mourn." - Memnarch
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Aside from the cheesy chess reference, he brings up a good point. Prior skill or even role played in another phalla has little bearing on this game. In the communist phalla, us capitalists were able to manipulate Ardor based on his trusting of ElJeffe. Ardor was almost constantly in a leadership spot, based on his skill in the Phalliad.

Aside from that, we should get multiple candidates. The Assamites do get a kill tonight, each, right? They can easily set us up with a lousy Prince. The Gangrel can only protect so many.

Shamus on
  • INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Brute? Well, I never.

Played enough chess t' know ain't a king ever become a pawn.

INeedNoSalt on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, this game makes you paranoid.

Heheh. Doubly so in this setting. Well, I don't want my vote to go to waste. I like the underdogs, so... !vote Ardor. While I haven't actually PLAYED past phallas, his reputation obviously precedes him here. HOWEVER, he's an underdog in the sense that he only has one vote so far. >.>

Oh, and no one deserves staking tonight. It's barely the beginning. <3

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Brute? Well, I never.

Played enough chess t' know ain't a king ever become a pawn.

Chop the top off a king off and they look quite like pawns actually. Kings have a habit of being beheaded to boot.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • doug_grammardoug_grammar Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Once the nosferatu check spectre's background, I'll be more willing to vote for him.

Though I suppose he knows of that, so I guess he truly is a toreandor. Still on my toes though.

doug_grammar on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Specials, DO NOT CONTACT TEHSPECTRE.
    We know fuck-all about what his role really is, he could be any of the non-Camarilla vamps for all we know.

@Squashua: Tehspectre said he was a Toreador not a Tremere.

Toreador, Tremere, Rodeo Clown. If you're going to have several clans, don't give them similar names.

Squashua on
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Once the nosferatu check spectre's background, I'll be more willing to vote for him.

Though I suppose he knows of that, so I guess he truly is a toreandor. Still on my toes though.
    But how are we going to know that the nosferatu checked out TehSpectre? I highly doubt that they're going to come forward with the info. Although the language of the OP is a little ambiguous in regards to this ("this will reveal that Kindred's clan and/or affiliation"), I highly doubt that any of us will know who the nosferatu will look at unless we're told. Unless I'm missing something...

Buzz Buzz on
    edited April 2007
    We know fuck-all about what his role really is, he could be any of the non-Camarilla vamps for all we know.

Toreador, Tremere, Rodeo Clown. If you're going to have several clans, don't give them similar names.

www.white-wolf.com.

Not something Cj had any control over.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007

www.white-wolf.com.

Not something Cj had any control over.

Yeah, I know that. Too well. Ask me about my "Vampire experience" sometime.

Squashua on
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Just a question. Are there hidden rules in this game or what?

Digger Dude on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Yeah, I know that. Too well. Ask me about my "Vampire experience" sometime.
    Hey squashua, why don't you tell us about your "Vampire experience"?

Anyway, I've never been elected to anything and that makes me sad. So I will try to remedy that now and put myself up to be Prince. I !vote for PsychoLarry1.
    I'm not going to reference past performance, it's already been pointed out that that doesn't matter.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2007
    popping my phalla cherry. anyone want some fresh blood?

Unknown User on
    edited April 2007

Brute? Well, I never.

You should start. And maybe look into what I meant, instead of hammering what references I make.

What if my reference made sense to me, who are you to determine my logic.

EvilBadman on
    edited April 2007
    Shamus wrote: »

Aside from the cheesy chess reference, he brings up a good point. Prior skill or even role played in another phalla has little bearing on this game. In the communist phalla, us capitalists were able to manipulate Ardor based on his trusting of ElJeffe. Ardor was almost constantly in a leadership spot, based on his skill in the Phalliad.

Aside from that, we should get multiple candidates. The Assamites do get a kill tonight, each, right? They can easily set us up with a lousy Prince. The Gangrel can only protect so many.

Yeah, I felt pretty used. It's cool though, it's helping kill the hype so I can be out of the spotlight for a while.

There's some truth in what's said above though, everyone here has the same chance of being something more than an ordinary innocent. Past game experience might tell you how people tend to act in the threads, but other than that, won't necessarily help you otherwise.

Most people who get the special or monster roles do a good job, most of it tends to be behind the scenes though, some of us were fortunate enough to have a public spotlight, that's really the only difference.

After my workout, I'll stop back and see if there's much to work with for voting.

Ardor on
    edited April 2007
    wow

BitterOldMan on
    edited April 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Shamus wrote: »

Yeah, I felt pretty used. It's cool though, it's helping kill the hype so I can be out of the spotlight for a while.

There's some truth in what's said above though, everyone here has the same chance of being something more than an ordinary innocent. Past game experience might tell you how people tend to act in the threads, but other than that, won't necessarily help you otherwise.

Most people who get the special or monster roles do a good job, most of it tends to be behind the scenes though, some of us were fortunate enough to have a public spotlight, that's really the only difference.

After my workout, I'll stop back and see if there's much to work with for voting.

I !vote Ardor for prince!

If it's any consolation, it was totally ElJeffe's thing. I was way too busy not dying to come up with strategies.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • xanathosxanathos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I have a question, with so many killings happen a night, what order do they happen in?

xanathos on
    "Our will requires an aim; it would sooner have the void for its purpose than be void of purpose" - Friedrich Nietzsche from The Genealogy of Morals, 1887.

"All memory of your existence will be wiped from reality. You will die, and no one will mourn." - Memnarch
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Kill Order:
    Guardians > Kuei-Jin > Assamites > Sabbat > Prince > Camarilla

So, tonight there will be 5 kills total. (2 Assamite, 2 Sabbat, 1 Camarilla)

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna